(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1015 5 years ago

Update my LE from 0.94 to 0.97 last night. Initially it powered up OK after the update last night and today, but recently powered it on and received a Node board 10 error. I’ve reseated the Ethernet cables on the board and the boards it connects to, and also did a full reinstall of the code with the same result.

Any ideas on how to further test? Node board 10 is just the rotating beacon which definitely isn’t working in this state, but was working previously.

EF8ABE9A-0867-4AF0-AD1E-27B69C345E21 (resized).jpegEF8ABE9A-0867-4AF0-AD1E-27B69C345E21 (resized).jpeg

#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I’d hit up Stern on that 1-800 # listed underneath the lock bar. Sorry you’re having problems bud, it was a really good update content-wise. Stern support should set you straight with the game being so new.

I don’t doubt they will get it fixed for me, this sort of thing happens. I left a message on the 800# today, but it was busy all day.

#1041 5 years ago

Node board issues that I experienced were not related to a code update. Reseated all power connectors and that resolved the problem. Chaz at stern tech support was helpful in getting me oriented in the right direction.

I did order a new start button assembly from Marco ($21 shipped), in order to get a replacement I needed to go through my distributor. I’d personally rather not task them with that minor thing so just ordered a new one.

Everything worked when it arrived so I can’t say this is a stern QC issue, just normal Pinball ownership.

Love this game. It’s approachable by new players, they get decent ball times and like the shots.. but the rules are advanced enough that skilled players really enjoy it. The music is also awesome, which helps.

As an Le owner I was on the fence, but I will say the pictures just don’t do the game justice. The foil decals and red flec armor is extremely striking in person. This one is a keeper.

#1049 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I probably had the same issue you had with the start button. I simply turned mine a 180 degrees (upside down) and haven't had a problem since.
My problem was that pressing the button was inconstant or not functioning at all. My only concern with rotating the switch 180 degrees is that now the spade connectors are pointed up and potentially going to get touched/hit easier.
Same issue you had?

Exactly the same issue I had..

#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

For those interested, I put together a quick comparison chart of how I personally think the Pro plays versus the Premium/LE. I bought a pro back in April and had the opportunity to play it in depth and really get to know the game. A local pinball bar recently put in an LE and I also had the opportunity to put a few hours of play on that over the last couple of weeks. I have since sold my pro and have put an order on a premium. The decision was extremely tough however - the value of the pro really can't be topped, it probably represents the theme of Iron Maiden the "band" best, is most likely to have the fewest issues and will likely hold it's value better than a premium, but... even with all that, I personally wanted a game with all the features and experience it to it's fullest and closest to how I think the original designer wanted it. I also love Iron Maiden music, have limited game room space, and the extra grand or two to upgrade wasn't a big deal for me.
With that, here's a quick snapshot of what I recall were the key differentiators between the models and my personal opinions on them. Hopefully this helps someone who is sitting in a similar spot as me a few weeks ago struggling to decide whether to go pro or upgrade...

This is a cool list, but on the LE (and I think the premium) fear of the dark dims the White GI so you are left with just red. It’s awesome and deserves some credit!

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've read many people don't like the red GI.

Some people just can’t be pleased..

#1110 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Not only fear of the dark but when you qualify a mummy multiball jackpot it goes dark too. I would never change the red.

Me either.. if you're looking at the slingshot plastics for the detail on Eddy's face during fear of the dark you're doing it wrong..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=knockerlover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.