(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kawydud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5116 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Where do you get a replacement board at. Just curious. Just in case I need to buy one. But, yes. I know that is putting cart before the horse.

Cointaker also has them in stock, different colors as well. https://cointaker.com/products/stern-spike-led

#5134 4 years ago

Picked up a new premium today, thinking about some sort of candy orange for the armor. Anyone tried gold chrome for t-molding? Wondering how it might look with the colors of the premium.

#5147 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Mine didn't, guess I'll install that too. Thanks who-dey

What is the "ball diverter" fix?

1 week later
#5260 4 years ago

Finally set my game up last night, already has the metal protector in the orbit. Built May of 2019. Didn't get much play on it, had to be quiet setting it up so the wife doesn't figure out there is a new game in the basement.

#5282 4 years ago

Mine was built May of 2019 and does have the protector installed.

3 weeks later
#5446 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Here's a short video of the flipper issue I'm having.
Also checked gap on all switches, and everything looks fine.
Strange how I lift the pf and it works. Then sometimes when I lower it, it doesn't.

Checked to see if anything is being touched or pressed when the pf is lowered, but couldn't find anything.
Also, here are some pics.
Couple questions:
On second photo, what is that screw hole for, and in the upper right flipper I noticed some brown marks (burn?) on the lugs.
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Almost looks like that coil is touching something when the playfield is lowered down in the cabinet.

1 week later
#5476 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can you elaborate on this ? Did it just peel off or did you use freeze spray?

The new mylar on the Sterns is very easy to come off. Nothing like the old Williams games. Being that they place it over the clear coat, it comes up easily.

#5516 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you do the coil upgrade?

What is the coil upgrade? I searched and found someone trying different coils for auto launch, but no report if it helped out.

Thanks

#5526 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look at the key post index at the top of any page in this thread. It's linked there.

Looked at those posts first, didn't see any mention of coil change.

Annotation 2019-09-24 150210 (resized).pngAnnotation 2019-09-24 150210 (resized).png
#5531 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha, wrong thread. I didn't realize we weren't in the Iron Maiden Issues thread...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/35#post-4806866

Thanks, thought I was just missing something simple.

3 weeks later
#5591 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They took them out (cost savings?) then put them back in later runs because it was a DUMB THING TO CUT. Try testing your shooter lane switch with the coils always energized. DUMB. At least they put them back.

When did they put them back in? My 2019 premium built in May doesn't have one.

#5597 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

My Maiden Pro built in June 2019 has interlock.

Guessing it isn't that hard to add one back on. Would like to see how they are wired, assuming they go into the cabinet node board.

edit - looks like it is tied back into the power distribution box in the head of the game.

2 weeks later
#5658 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have an odd problem on my IM Pro. Any time I am playing a multiplayer game, once the 2nd player starts their first ball, the following callouts will start to be randomly emitted:
"Well.... I'm WAIIIIIITTTTTING!"
"Are you dead or something?"
I would assume these would be what you would get if you just let the ball sit in the shooter lane, but I get these callouts at random points during the game. They don't seem to come when some mode has just been achieved or anything, just randomly. They never occur on a single player game.
I think this may have started when I put in a clear shooter lane protector, because sometimes the game will try to autoplunge a ball after I already manually plunged it, and THIS behavior started after I put in the clear protector.
This doesn't really impact gameplay at all, just seems to be an annoyance and I don't think it's supposed to work that way. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe the clear shooter lane protector is catching the shooter lane switch and making it think there is a ball in the lane?

1 week later
#5694 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Where do these go? Can you feel a difference in game play?

They go on the flipper assembly, rubber stop for the linkage.
Annotation 2019-11-12 130813 (resized).pngAnnotation 2019-11-12 130813 (resized).png

https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-rubber-bumper-pluggrommet.html

#5706 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Would that not make the flipper sit a bit higher up though? as the linkage wouldn't be going back as far as the flat bump stops?

It may change it a touch, I'll try to get to my game and see what is in it. I keep spare flipper brackets and rubber stops on hand for our games. I attached a picture of how thick the thicker rubber is against a new flipper bracket assembly.

IMG_5823 (resized).jpgIMG_5823 (resized).jpg
#5709 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Did your game have the flat base (thinner, cheaper) pads, or the cone base?
Now I'm curious to know how many games got these cheap pads, since the two friends I checked with had the correct (cone) ones.

Not sure yet, will check when I get home tonight if I get time. Sad, I only have 2 games played so far on my premium.

#5719 4 years ago

Thicker standard rubber on my premium built 5/19.

IMG_5828 (resized).jpgIMG_5828 (resized).jpg
#5733 4 years ago

Got to spend some time on my Premium yesterday, changed out all of the GI for sunlight white and frosted red. No more blinding clear bulbs. Going to change the lights under the apron as well. My basement is pretty dark, so I am working on a DYI playfield lighting.

#5745 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hey, thanks for the recommendation! The fireball loop and eddie cards brackets really help, too.
Probably my #1 recommendation, though, is to start with the quiet fan kit if it hasn't been done already in that machine. Those Stern fans are obnoxiously loud.

I can't recommend those enough, great product and makes those inserts pop now.

2 weeks later
#5763 4 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Bottom one. By the 02[quoted image]

Dang, haven't broken one of those posts unless I was taking something apart. Of course the new manuals don't show the different posts used. Attached is a sheet from Metallica, shows all of the different sizes and part numbers. I believe this is the one you need, but double check your measurements. https://www.pinballlife.com/machine-poststud-530-5012-02.html

Posts.pdfPosts.pdf
1 month later
#5853 4 years ago

Swapped out the launch coil with a 22-600 and installed a different shooter rod. Not sure why Stern can't figure out that the shooter rods they make are just a bit too small. Tip should be close to the ball when in a resting position, not 1/4" behind. Game launches the ball so well now. Makes playing the game so great. I tweaked the ball guide by the launch as well. Really loving this game.

#5862 4 years ago

Ordered the LE speaker mounts and installed new Pyle speakers with the speaker light up kit. Looks so much nicer. Picture of one speaker done and the other original.

60013717168__CD22B853-FD28-40F1-8E34-94373A62C2A5 (resized).JPG60013717168__CD22B853-FD28-40F1-8E34-94373A62C2A5 (resized).JPG
#5868 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

And the sound?

It does sound much better, will be installing a pinwoofer kit in the near future. I have them in AC/DC and Metallica and the improvement is phenomenal.

#5869 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Let's see em' lit up!
I should have 5.25" speaker plates available soon(ish) for this type of upgrade. They will be lower cost than the ones that are available now and if purchased with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit...they will be a significant lower price (less than half the price) than they are available for now.
I have been trying to get these done for months, but there have been unexpected issues that have slowed things down. I received a new prototype plate today and hope to do some test fitting this weekend. Early signs are looking good, so hopefully I can place my first order for them next week.
When I get the 5.25" speaker plates finished, I also plan on listing a variety of custom color acrylic surrounds on my website.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

I'll take a video tonight, been trying to get all the games ready for Saturday's get together. Installing a shaker motor on the game as well.

#5872 4 years ago
Quoted from Daemin:

Fresh out of the box, I couldn't hit the bullseye target from the right flipper. Couldn't seem to fix it. Then I noticed that the flipper would deflect downward while held up when a ball hit it, while the left flipper was rock solid. I decided to rebuild the flipper, and when I took it apart, I discovered that the coil stop was broken; the little nub of metal that is in the center of the plate had come off and was floating in the coil sleeve. I rebuilt the flipper with a new stop and new sleeve, and the flipper is now rock solid, and can hit the bullseye target.

Stern has been having a ton of these fail recently. NIB games fail after a couple hundred plays.

#5876 4 years ago

The lights can be set to be interactive if you choose that option, otherwise it is set with the remote. Here is a video I just took of them in standard mode.

#5877 4 years ago

I also installed the ramp decals from Tilt Graphics, make the ramps match the artwork of the premium.

IMG_6062 (resized).jpgIMG_6062 (resized).jpgIMG_6063 (resized).jpgIMG_6063 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#5987 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Happy to post that my Iron Maiden Premium arrived today, born on January 22nd, 2020, looks amazing. The one unusual things is that it came with purple powder coated legs. Is this normal? The pictures I see on the Stern website, the legs look black...or has Stern changed the color of the legs in this latest run?[quoted image]

Yeah, someone put the wrong legs in that box.

#6002 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

They came with the package...the local distributor added them as a "thank you" for your business gift along with sleeve of silver jet balls. They don't look that bad...at least I hope they don't

Pull them, they will do more damage than good. Stern puts those leg spacers in to prevent the legs from touching the artwork and messing it up. Those big plastic pieces will start digging into the nice Maiden artwork over time. No need for them.

#6016 4 years ago

Question regarding the new premiums that people have gotten built recently, are they coming with interlock switches? Was thinking of putting one on if the code gets updated to support it. Just was curious if games built since last fall have them.

#6022 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Mine was built on Jan. 22, 2020 and the coin door does have the standard interlock switch killing the 48V circuit.

Thank you, does it in fact kill the playfield when you open the door?

#6024 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

All the switches and solenoids are dead and do require the interlock switch to be pressed when performing functional tests via the service menu. I did not pull out a multi-meter to check although.

Thank you!

1 month later
#6359 4 years ago

Just finished up installing pinwoofer kit in Iron Maiden Premium, man this sounds so clear. This is my third kit, can't recommend this upgrade enough. Removed the external sub on the first two games and the bass is so good with the powered sub inside the cabinet now.

1 week later
#6396 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I've read someone in this thread about different colored plunger springs where one is more powerful than the other . Which are they?

My issue is the plunger shafts are not long enough. Mine is about 1/4" before touching the ball. Need to get a longer one than the stock stern shafts. The aftermarket ones I have put on Metallica and Iron Man have so much more kick, I actually had to tone them down some.

#6410 4 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Thank you for the reply. So, you replaced the default white GI with frosted leds? What does that do? I've heard of frosted bulbs, but I don't think I've seen them in person. Would you recommend frosted bulbs for the red ones?

Any GI bulb should be frosted in my opinion, not sure why the factory doesn't use them as the cost is the same. The clear lens bulbs irritate your view when they are not blocked by plastic or posts.

I used sunlight white to replace all the factory white in my Premium. Also swapped out the red for frosted red. The clear lens are fine to use for inserts.

#6454 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Launches the ball, enters high scores. Great for location where people have become conditioned to using the button for such things.

That and shooting tie fighters in video mode. How many have gotten to video mode on IMDN?

1 month later
#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've had the blinder kit since Christmas but just getting around to trying to install it. The first step says to remove all the screws for the Pharoah plastic except the lower right and then to rotate the plastic clockwise... how does that work? The top of the cabinet is in the way. I even lowered the head to see if that was what was blocking it, but no dice. I can't remove that last screw without taking apart the ramp from what i can tell and that seems like a lot of work for the blinder....
Am i missing something?
https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003765213-Pharaoh-Blinder-Kit[quoted image]

I think the picture shows the playfield pulled out of the game, which would make the swap out easy.

2 weeks later
#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Any Premium owners want to share images of their Powder Coated games?

I'm working on some custom metal for my premium. Going with some sort of orange metal flake color I think.

#6642 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Sounds good. Pics when you’re ready please! Will you change the backbox t-moulding?

I think so, I saw one done in gold chrome, looked really good.

1 month later
#6833 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am thinking of replacing my stock rubbers with Titan rubbers and I am not sure what color to go with. Any suggestions? I was thinking orange but would love some ideas.

That is what I went with on mine. I'll get a picture when I get home.

#6835 3 years ago

Pictures of the orange. Just noticed I didn't swap out the slings yet, still have them to do.

IMG_6593 (resized).jpgIMG_6593 (resized).jpgIMG_6594 (resized).jpgIMG_6594 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6970 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I like the white flipper.. can always top them all off but white looks good .The yellow t molding driving me nuts Does anyone know if they make a light blue t molding I e been trying to find out thanks .

https://www.t-molding.com/blue-t-molding.html

1 year later
#9567 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Did you replace it? I’m highly considering changing to another color..probably blue.

Put gold on mine, hated the yellow as well.

63182637364__E73276F1-B310-48BF-9D6E-DDB31E3799EB (resized).jpg63182637364__E73276F1-B310-48BF-9D6E-DDB31E3799EB (resized).jpg
1 year later
#13483 9 months ago
Quoted from pluto:

Took delivery today and love it. Can't wait to put more time into this game.
However, the decals on the side of the backbox have some significant wrinkling in it. I sent pics to my distributor and I hope we can get some new ones sent ASAP but I know Stern can be a headache.
Anyone else have this on their recent runs of IMDN?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hope you have better luck with replacement parts than me, still waiting on a replacement cabinet from 4 years ago. Keep promising, but no delivery.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Trade
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kawydud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=kawydud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.