(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,587 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 234 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,363 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191009_201145 (resized).jpg
20191009_201200 (resized).jpg
0C3CE15C-ED3E-46B9-A602-8CD740C6DB27 (resized).jpeg
20190924_151606 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-09-24 150210 (resized).png
D0F10FEF-07BF-4124-AC02-DB3440115F5D (resized).jpeg
20190921_210458 (resized).jpg
20190921_223113 (resized).jpg
20190921_221126 (resized).jpg
20190921_221321 (resized).jpg
20190921_213614 (resized).jpg
20190921_224434 (resized).jpg
F335E893-C292-4991-A6E8-CD664CA63B02 (resized).jpeg
25A07106-3246-4E3D-8722-6F7C3A19AC88 (resized).jpeg
AD1385F2-F993-40D8-8FB9-D0996CFD5B51 (resized).jpeg
14AC3A57-27DC-4162-BBB1-749F88955B49 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (1 year ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (1 year ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (1 year ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (10 months ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 months ago)

Post #5013 Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (3 months ago)

Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (45 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3714 8 months ago

Current Best "Street" Price for IMDN Premium?

Just wondering what prices industrious Premium shoppers have secured from distributors. Is this a $7.3K Premium like any other LCD Premium, or are members of this group finding it for less?

I realize that posting distributor prices here is bad form, so if you have a minute please PM me directly. I would be oh-so grateful.

Thanks.

#3740 8 months ago

Pinball Browser, anyone?

Just wondering if any of you IMDN owners have had success substituting either songs or videos using Pinball Brower.

I have experience with Pinball Browser on a SAM game, but I've never owned a SPIKE and don't know how much more challenging it might be to customize it with Pinball Browser. Reading the portion of the Pinball Browser thread that pertains to SPIKE is introducing me to terms/tasks that weren't involved when working with the SAM game.

Thanks.

3 months later
#4464 5 months ago

Plastics Protectors?

Please recommend a source for a set of plastics protectors. My last set - for another title - came from Pinbits and they were fine/complete, but they don't seem to make a set for IMDN. I found just one set - an abbreviated one from Pinball Life. Is this all owners have found? I would rather have a more complete set. Does one exist?

Thanks.

IMDN.plastics.protectors (resized).jpg
#4469 5 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I think little shop of games has a set.

A-ha! You're right! Thank you, Molly's Pub!

#4470 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Someone buy my Star Wars so I can buy an IMDN

Soon you'll be up to your eyeballs in pinball delight with your very own Wonka (if your club thread is any indicator), and you'll forget all about IMDN - although you'll have to wait three months!

#4504 5 months ago

Mystery Protector?

Please tell me where on the PF the protector in the middle of this photo belongs. If you're going to say the Super Jackpot lane/target, it doesn't really fit there, despite having the tell-tale "tear-drop" cutout. Kit is from Little Shop of Games in FL - perhaps the only "complete" kit.

Thanks.

IMDN.plastics.protectors.set (resized).jpg
#4507 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Over the sarcophagus captive ball to the left of the ramp.

The protector you speak of is in the upper right of the photo. I know its location on the PF. The mystery protector is in the center of the photo.

#4508 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Joining the club soon.

I'm going to guess this means you sold your SW. Good job!

#4511 5 months ago

Sorry if this has been covered, but what is the function of the "upper deck" of the Sarcophagus ball lock cover? By upper deck, I'm referring to the "wing," with its mysterious polygon shape. This mech seems to be an effort to put several ugly screw heads in a prominent place. I like to see the balls in the lock, so, speaking of mods, I'm less keen on repurposed sarcophagi. If someone's going to make a mod, a basic, clear cover would be nice. Mechanical engineers don't incorporate wasted materials into pin designs, so I'm guessing someone is going to clue me in shortly about the essential aspect of this thing.

IMDN.Sarcophagus.lock.cu (resized).jpg

#4515 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

It diverts balls to the upper left flipper when the sarcophagus is already loaded.

Thanks, Pin Monk.

Very helpful!

#4516 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

You're confusing pro vs premium. The protector is different for each. I'm assuming you have a Premium/LE and that protector in the center (for the sarcophagus on a pro) isn't used.

And thanks for this info, too. Very helpful! I just wish LSoG would make a protector for the triangular plastic at the drop targets. That thing is unsupported/pointed - perfect for breaking!

#4526 5 months ago

Playfield Accent Lights, Anyone?

I want to add a fistful of accent lights to the PF on IMDN. I've done this in the past on SAM games and I just wire the lamps to their nearest GI sockets. However, given the frequent complaints about the fragility of SPIKE node boards, I thought I should ask: what are the risks to adding to the draw of the GI circuit?

I've read testimonials from numerous SPIKE owners here on Pinside who have added a few (3-8) accent lights to their games with no issues. I've also heard from Greg at Comet on this and from Lermods. Still, when I brought it up with Chas at Stern, suggesting Pinball Life's accessory power supply as a safer solution, he said this:

"Power that is used by the GI system on Spike games is carefully monitored. Adding lamps will cause an over current error. This board is not made by Stern so it is not test or approved by us."

https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-cabinet-mounting.html

Still, is this Pinball Life product the safest route to take when adding ten-or-so accent lights to Spike? Or do I run for luck and just wire each light to its nearest GI socket?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

SPIKE.accessory.panel (resized).jpg
#4527 5 months ago

Pinball Life's "Upgrade Kit": How to Install?

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html

To those of you who have installed the above kit, please clue me in on just where the reflectors go. The kit comes with no instructions; buyers are instead advised to consult a photo - see below. It shows one reflector, mid-install, on one opto. Got it. Still, the kit comes with *two* reflectors. Does the second one go in a second opto that I'm overlooking? The one opto I see is on the elbow (upper right) of the loop.

Thanks.
IMDN.upgrade.kit (resized).jpg

#4543 5 months ago

Ball Routinely Stuck in Sarcophagus: Solution?

My Sarcophagus mech does its raise/lower dance continuously when it can't eject a ball at the end of a game. The mech is supposed to swing low enough to dump the ball out the back, allowing it to drift over to the mode ramp kickout beneath the playfield, but for some reason the ball just hangs around inside the mech. The game then does a ball search but can't expel the ball from the mech. I have to lift the playfield and coax the ball out. This happens every game, so clearly my Sarcophagus needs to be adjusted somehow. Ideas? It seems to have something to do with its range of motion. A little more dip and the ball would probably dribble out as designed.

Thanks.

#4563 5 months ago

Powered subwoofer, anyone?

If so, can I trouble you for a little installation advice?

Please shoot me a PM if you have a few minutes to hear my setup. I would be oh-so grateful. It's super basic, but I can't get it to work. A Polk PSW10 and just a wiring harness (four leads) connecting the game's subwoofer out (pos/neg) to the Polk's inputs, polarities matched.

Thanks!

#4567 5 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Ball Routinely Stuck in Sarcophagus: Solution?
My Sarcophagus mech does its raise/lower dance continuously when it can't eject a ball at the end of a game. The mech is supposed to swing low enough to dump the ball out the back, allowing it to drift over to the mode ramp kickout beneath the playfield, but for some reason the ball just hangs around inside the mech. The game then does a ball search but can't expel the ball from the mech. I have to lift the playfield and coax the ball out. This happens every game, so clearly my Sarcophagus needs to be adjusted somehow. Ideas? It seems to have something to do with its range of motion. A little more dip and the ball would probably dribble out as designed.
Thanks.

Sorry to take up space quoting my own post, but does no one have any experience with the problem of a ball getting stuck in the Sarcophagus? A ball gets stuck there in every game, so *I'm* stuck 'til I can sort this.

#4571 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Likely just needs the switch in there adjusted so the game knows a ball is in there. Check the switch by going into switch test mode.

Thanks, Pin Monk. I'll check that switch as you suggest.

#4573 5 months ago

Hi, Who.

Hmm. Ball rolls back and sort of clunks against a stop. If the switch is resisting it like that, I will be surprised. Still, I will take a photo tomorrow and share it.

Thanks for your input.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside