(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackontherocks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 6 years ago

I have always wanted one if designed right but really like the advantages and shots I have seen in New Pirates as well so it must match it. I hope this is fast and fun.

1 week later
#216 6 years ago

Is this a 3 ball multiball game and another separate 4,5, or 6 multiball since six members. Can’t remember how many Metallica has but like the layout in that game as well but Maiden more as a band. I am looking forward to playing this for future purchase.

4 weeks later
#520 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

CD's are dead? Just acquired this one...its speedy...like Bruce in Bogata.

Never seen tha one Available but I do have the single live cut with Infinite Dreams that I want them to play on this next tour

2 years later
#6940 3 years ago
Quoted from Tablewicked:

Joined the club this weekend! Did a nice trade with a local vendor. Pumped to have this in the collection!
[quoted image]

Cool, I just sold my TFTC and think Maiden is my next game. Noticed you had one, Maiden is fast and fun.

2 years later
#12718 1 year ago

I am also posting this here as was recently thinking of getting a new Maiden pin premium version on this rerun as my one and only pin, yes only want one as had in the past and switch out years down the road but always felt for a one pin collection Maiden does not have enough in it. I love the music and theme and hate hate Foo music but have to admit the Foo game looks to be a home run game the way I wished for Maiden with a ton of features. I wished for and Eddie head to eat the balls and spit out or lock in his eyes and mouth through middle of game statue. Heck I even started the thread for Maiden pin to get made 9 years ago (and some pinside member owes me a shirt since game actually got made). Just wanted some of your thoughts if think Maiden still for me. I enjoy flow and shots and ramps. Here is post from other thread. I watched the videos on Foo and want to know why there are so many more features with still a ton of great shots and why Maiden is so plain with only great shots. Still wish Maiden had more in it like I said in the past, sure its pure fun to play but Maiden is missing items and only great shots. Makes me not want a Maiden if can only have or choose a one pin collection (yes in big collection) as was seriously thinking as my one new pin recently. Great job Stern packing the Foo game with stuff now continue to do it on all games. Wish I was at least some kind of foo music fan and will wait for the next heavy metal rock n roll one. Still will enjoy playing the Foo on location location and looks very fun, fast and with flow to play.

#12722 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

you really need to play the games your interested in. You'll often find they are not what you thought or you like something else better.
(that happened to me when I went to play a Rush before I bought it, and found Godzilla next to it, then discovered AIQ, and JP too, of course I still got the Rush eventually and it's great too
However If you want a game that has great shots and flow and fun... and has tons of weird "things" check out Godzilla Premium.
or if you want a game with music and lots of stuff on the playfield, get an Iron Maiden and add a bunch of mods.
to me though the game play of IM speaks for itself, it's just insanely fun as are all the Elwin games. Adding stuff/toys to a game doesn't make it better it just makes it more full of stuff. reminds me back of the days CDROMs came out for computers all the games were all flash digitized graphics but the "fun" of the games disappeared as they abandoned game design to just throw sounds and digitized video at you (not saying foo fighters, is just flash, it actually looks super cool, but features don't make a game the play of the game will be what makes it great.
As someone wisely said to me "the first time something grabs the ball and eats it is an awesome moment... but it's just a single moment, eventually you'll be like "ok cool I've seen that 1M times already... just give me the ball back so I can play".
the stuff on the game is just icing. But the foundation of the games is shots and flow and the fun of the game itself.
Just my opinions.
-brian

Thanks very much for detailed reply, enjoyed it and was hoping for a response like this. It’s hard to pick just one game so I beat myself always wanting more in any game made.

#12734 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

One game? GZ ... all day. It has elements of Maiden in it and much more.

Yes I am good with one, it works for me. Not big on the maintenance or trying to fix them myself as electrical shit not for me, etc. I had my TFTC for many years and was happy and wanted to update to a newer Stern game (since the LCD screen introduced, not because of the screen but a model that at least has one as figured might as well take advantage if buying a new in box) and had to have with flow and ramps like my last game. Loved Metallica pin layout and toys but I enjoy Maiden music ten times more (always rock and metal, no trendy alternative for me) and agree Godzilla is fun to play but I have more personal taste tied to Maiden. With the new run it’s a great opportunity and hard to find that home run everything pin. I am in no rush and play on location but always wanted a new game when right one with the right stuff came about. I will keep it for a few years anyway if pick Maiden. Is Maiden a plus from a maintenance perspective for having less toys or moveable pieces to less possible breakdowns as compared to any other game with more moving functions. Also, thanks for everyone’s posts and helps and enjoyed reading them and reason I posted in this thread.

1 month later
#12858 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Stay with old code if you got it.
The Rayday update fucked up Trooper lock. There is another problem I am trying to identify. Will update soon.
Hopefully TSX or MXV can revisit code and fix it up.
Awesome game.
I love KME ❤️ IMDN Pinball way more than Godzilla
[quoted image]

Just curious as debating about this game as my new pin, why do you like it more than Godzilla?

1 week later
#12928 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Fan or not really? One clubmember’s backstory:
I bought this pin from the upcoming run for the layout and for its reputation as one of the best Sterns ever. I just sold a Jurassic Park PRO and that game combo’d like a dream, so I’m optimistic. My position on the theme/music is mixed, which is a bit ironic given how I was a teen in the 80’s a fan of Iron Maiden. I wasn’t quite a “burnout.” As such, I did *not* wear concert tour t-shirts from hard rock bands – AC/DC, Sabbath, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Ozzy, Zep, The Stones, BOC, Deep Purple, Aerosmith, Boston, etc. - passed down to me by my older brothers, or skip class and smoke weed under the bleachers, but I was a mediocre student for sure. I liked to skateboard or ride BMX bikes. I wasn’t a heavy partier or showgoer, as shows were expensive and I typically spent what little money I had on skateboards, bike parts, or tickets to movies. If I can generalize a little, skaters back then often liked hardcore/punk rock – Black Flag, DRI, The Descendants, Minor Threat, Suicidal Tendencies, etc. - while BMX’ers liked metal, but I think any non-jock skater or BMX’er who liked fast/energizing music liked Metallica and/or Iron Maiden, since they were both blowing up at the time. I had a Walkman the size of a brick and a small’ish library of cassette tapes, the most overplayed being the first three Metallica records and the first three Iron Maiden records with Bruce. Anyway, what I’m getting at is the fact that I am not a nostalgic dude; I don’t seek out ways to reminisce about my youth. It was a flawed time, to say the least, chock full of bad decisions, disappointments, epic fails, missed opportunities, etc. I don’t mind leaving it mostly forgotten. I honestly find it curious that so many people in or approaching middle age are still active fans of the music that defined their youths. Like, move on! Evolve! Isn’t that the idea in this life? I have been futzing with Pinball Browser and might just substitute other music if I can find the time/patience. The thing is though, there are lots of metal sounds that pepper the sound-effects in the sound package, so you can’t really throw music on there that’s not metal or it will sound out of place. I read about one Pinsider’s “Disco Maiden” Pinball Browser remix. That would be a “miss,” I’m guessing. I don’t know what I will do, frankly, apart from trying a dope layout and learning some cool rules. So, Up the Irons? Me? Not really. Up the Combos maybe.

I still listen to every band I discovered in my youth, great memories, new shit mostly sucks, not a big fan of Maidens last few albums or when then tour playing short sets and most off new albums, still great live band and great pin but wanted more in it besides shots, still remember my first CD No prayer for the dying on my Sony 5 disc CD player, still have both. Always liked Maiden over Metallica but Metallicas new album seems good so far unlike Maidens boring long over done songs on last few albums. The pin is still pure fun and I created the original thread saying it would be a hit and heard it would never work.

3 weeks later
#13035 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Wasn’t this game wished to existence right here ? I’m going to hold on for hope .It’s not like I’m ever selling this one .

Yes I started the thread for game to be made years ago.

2 months later
#13879 9 months ago

Thinking about really getting this game on last run but not liking all the fixes that need to be done or adjusted out of box especially since not a technical guru even on small fixes, seems not right for me to fix paying $10k for a new game

#13883 9 months ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I got a Premium NIB from the most recent run and didn’t have to adjust a damn thing. Been playing trouble free for weeks now. Remember, if they produce 100 games that week and only half a dozen pinsiders note issues, you’ve got a pretty good chance you’ll end up with a trouble free game.

Good to know, not bashing but was curious to know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackontherocks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=jackontherocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.