(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,841 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 minutes ago by John-from-PA
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imharrow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#831 5 years ago

I was thinking about one of these as a toper. Maybe it is a bit big.

IMG_20180513_112125 (resized).jpgIMG_20180513_112125 (resized).jpg

#924 5 years ago

Got the call that my LE is in. Guess I am in the club now. Too bad I will not be able to get it for another week

#1063 5 years ago

It is a little cheesy and art & crafts, but here is our custom trophy for our (unofficial) launch tournament tomorrow.

IMG_20180521_202552 (resized).jpgIMG_20180521_202552 (resized).jpg

#1107 5 years ago

#476 has arrived. I did decide the change out the 4 red GI near the flippers. May change more, but those ones are easy to get to and higher impact.

I went with warm comet retro. I am hoping fear of the dark will still feel different, but not be red. Also I think the red really looked bad on the plastic art. I was not sure if mixing warm and cool was going to workout, but I like it.

IMG_20180525_080526 (resized).jpgIMG_20180525_080526 (resized).jpg

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

But red Eddie ain't so hot.

I was thinking about this a bit. What if it was a white light, with a red light tube like at the back on fireball. Maybe you could illuminate white up, and red out.

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The ramp flap moves up and down and you need to time a shot right to hit the scoop.

That's Madness!

#1161 5 years ago

The Mylar under the ramp on my LE does not cover the entire width of the ramp. It looks like the right corner could wear the playfield. Is this normal, or is the Mylar misapplied at the factory? I am thinking I should pull it off and replace.

1 week later
#1295 5 years ago

Odd stuck ball tonight.

IMG_20180607_181246 (resized).jpgIMG_20180607_181246 (resized).jpg
#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Short Plunge straight to left outlane.

This would have really helped me in the pin-golf tournament where I did this 2 times to take a 5.

1 week later
#1413 5 years ago

I just got the "classic" fear of the dark animation. Awesome! Is there something that triggers it, or is it just random?

1 week later
#1469 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

How do you get the Eddie Cards? Its probably obvious but such a rush when playing I don't think I even know!

Trooper and Mummy you get by hitting super jackpots in the respective multiball.
Cyborg and Soldier you get by lighting (or maybe starting) Cyborg multiball and 2 mins to midnight resp.

There are also level 2 levels for each of those.

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I only just gotten Can I play with Madness for the first and only time so far three days ago. A bit disappointing so far, but it only lasted a few seconds for me.

Can I play with Madness is one of my favorite modes I have every played on any pinball machine. But you really need to progress past the 1 shot phase to enjoy it. The 1 shot phase can be frustrating, and doesn't actually have the features that make the mode cool.

The only other thing I dislike about it is that it is usually blocking me from playing something I need for 666. And right now I am mostly focused on trying to get back to and beat the Beast.

#1580 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

why wouldnt you want to aim for the right ramp? IMHO much easier to hit and complete ramp power mode with than 16 shots on the left ramp

I find the left ramp much easier to hit. I believe it to also be much safer if you miss. To get to Cyborg and 2min I usually find myself doing what Bowen did at NYCPC: left ramp, hold up left flipper, rollover to right flipper, cradle, repeat.

#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Personally, the left ramp pharaoh lock is bitching and fits the game much much better than the pro, but it does suck that it doesn't count as a ramp shot for the power feature which is an already grinding power feature to complete. The lifting ramp kind of sucks and I much prefer having a choice of going for an X multiplier, mini loop shot, drop targets, or ball falling to flippers than the VUK shot back to the flippers. Those are really the 2 big differences.

Can I Play With Madness is pretty significant difference. Also, putting the ball in the lock during mummy multiball, to me significantly changes how I approach the mode.

#1759 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Any advice on completing modes? They are seriously tough, and I feel like because they are so tough I tend to ignore them when trying to score well. So maybe they are too tough.

I feel like I’m making progress in my strategy and scoring. Breaking 300M and finally getting one taste of Cyber MB. But I feel pretty DOA on the modes because of difficulty.

Short timers, hard shots and lots of them.

You really need to learn to hit the ramps. If you can comfortably hit both both ramps, the spinner and the bullseye you can mostly all the modes. Well you need the drops and captive ball as well, but that is it.

#1771 5 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I having issues with the super skill shot. I'v done it a few times but it never gives me the reward. I looked and see theres an opto in the loop, which is working, and the super jackpot target, which is also working. Is there anything else to look at? It's hard to test, but I'm plunging just enough so it comes back to the left upper flipper, then hitting the super jackpot shot. I'm sure I didn't hit the x target next to the super jackpot shot. Not sure why it's not registering.

Are you holding the left flipper up while plunging?

#1825 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I gave the correct answer on how to fix something and someone downvotes me. Gotta love this place.

Unfortunately, you gave the incorrect answer and no one else should do what you suggest. The correct answer was already given above. It is a 5 second switch adjustment. Swapping the wires will have your game setup inconsistent with the expected setup and cause frustration in the future. It is bad advice.

#1882 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Seems to come up a disproportionately high amount of games vs the others modes too, but maybe that is my imagination. Looking forward to the new code.

Don't take this as a slight, but do you often struggle to start a mode on ball 1 and 2? There is a pitty rule that will move the mode to Aces High on ball 3 if you have not played a mode.

3 weeks later
#2196 5 years ago

I was playing at a friend's place last night and his big loop and my big loop feel like 2 completely different games. Mine is fast and smooth and seems to get faster and faster with each loop. In contrast, his seems to rattle a little near the start of the loop, slowing down, but still goes around smoothly. But it is much easier to crank loops repeatedly.

I am really curious which experience is more common?

#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Is his born on date older or newer? If yours is newer maybe a fix was added in production?

I have an LE, his is a second batch PRO with the stuck ball fixes. So his is newer. I actually prefer how is plays, it makes the loops more fun to be able to easily hit 5+ in a row.

1 week later
#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Design-wise, Metallica, regardless of its popularity, is from the stern cookie cutter era. Center bash, with ramps. Snake is same as gene head ball catch... pothole instead of sewer placed the same as gotg and others. Inline drops are good, but that’s about it. IMDN is lacking in toys, but the flow and combo style kills all of sterns cookie cutter machines. No contest.

Downvote is to your top right.

So Metallica is unoriginal because it copied features of games that came after it.

2 weeks later
#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm looking for more subtle lighting improvements on the game. Any ideas? Not pinstadium though...

There is a subgroup of us here that believe in changing the red lights out for warm white.

#2456 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Making the upper loop shot (top right flipper to left loop back to top right flipper) should count as an orbit shot right?

Loops are loops and not orbits. The orbits are the spinner and the right orbit.

#2457 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I don't have the game in front of me but all the shots that count have the yellow Power insert in front of them.

Except for the left ramp. There is no power insert. It is indicated using the yellow Anubis light.

#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Now my last question is about the 6 way combo.
What is the best way to achieve that. Could you do left ramp right ramp 3 times and get it? Or do they all have to be unique shots. If so, then I will never ever get a 6 way combo... At least not on purpose.
As is I think my best is right hitting the ramp 4 times and then the left orbit.

They must be unique shots, without repeating and without a death blow. But there is no timer, so you can get control.

KME posted on another forum "Easiest- mini loop to drop catch on right flipper, left ramp, right ramp, L orbit, big loop,loop pass, right orbit. remember there is no timer"

#2502 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is a shaker a must for this pin?

No. A shaker is never a must for a pin.

#2553 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

total pinball newbie, but how does the tournament button work? just got NIB... whats the difference between tournament mode and multiple (4) players? It will let you have more than 4? Or?? THANKS GUYS!

Short version, you probably have no reason enable a tournament or press that button.

Longer version.

Stern has a software for operators to run tournaments called TOPS. In the settings you can enable a tournament, set the time period for the tournament and it can run unattended. Generally it is set to 2 credits, and if you get a high enough score you enter your name and a code to prove it is you. The software computes payouts based on entries in the tournament. There are a couple types (top score and bump and win).

Other interesting note is that US models don't ship with a tournament button. Canadian models do, I have no idea why.

#2603 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

What is can i play with madness mode? I dont remember seeing that on the rules sheet i was reading.

It is the default 3rd tomb award on the premium. It is a multiball with a moving red target that moves with each flipper press. When you hit the shot, it adds a ball and lights an additional shot. Then there are 2 red arrows. When you hit one it locks green and stops moving when all green, adds a ball and another arrow.

I find it fun. KME says he perfers +15M Power Jackpot award. You can change tomb reward in the settings.

#2610 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Interesting. I thought it somehow involved the lifting ramp and that's why it wasn't added to the pro?

The underworld will hold the ball if you lock the green shot there. Allowing you more control.

1 week later
#2720 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Super is the left outline right?

No, left outlane is one of the many secret skill shots. Super skill shot he is talking about is hold left flipper, plunge big loop, but light enough to fall to upper left orbit, hit super jackpot shot.

1 week later
#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Gomez said at Expo that another update soon - polish plus bugs.

It would be really nice if they would stop including these bugs in all their updates.

2 months later
#3581 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I think the scoring refinements and such actually will have a large impact on high scores and such.

The FOI change is significant for mediocre players. The light locks change will also have significant impact.

#3676 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

No. Wrong. Ive watched Keith play the game. He leaves the mini flipper up so he doesnt get a drain. Haphazard as fuq pal.

I don't know what's your talking about. I have watched Keith play this is many tournament. Not flipping, or shooting for the X is the most common. Show me the video. At NYCPC he was bounce passing, even though it was a tough bouce. For example in ball 1 of finals.

https://pinballvideos.com/v/1861

#3679 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I believe he’s going for drops

Yeah, I agree. It looks like he is doing that to pick off the drops, which is a often safe strategic choice, but I don't think it is from fear of the ball being out of control is he doesn't.

2 weeks later
#3773 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For some reason there's suddenly been a LOT of pinsiders installing the wrong version on their machine, usually Pro on a Prem/LE, so it was an easy call. Seen it a number of times in just the last couple weeks. Glad you're back in business!

It is because of the new website. You use to select your model, then in the code section there was a code and readme link for that model. Now the model just expands / collapses the description and under code all models are there. So if you take the first, it is the pro.

#3789 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That must be a different page than I'm looking at on Stern's site.

Ah, yes. If you go from the code page instead of the game page it is different.

#3795 5 years ago

Had one of the screws fall off the bottom of the plastic on top of the sarcophagus. Annoying to get back in. others might want to check they are tight.

IMG_20190207_213350 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_213350 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3973 5 years ago

Last couple days I have been getting to Number of the Beast pretty regularly. This morning finally killed him for the first time. I think our lifetime record is something like 1-10 now.

#3979 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That's pretty strange, considering the physics of flipper leaf switches. You have to touch the bottom before you touch the top switch.

Stern has changed their design. Instead of the classic stacked switches, they now use one expected closed switch and some expected open (basically a make or break switch).

#3983 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ian, that must be a Canadian thing, "expected". I have always heard that as "normally open, normally closed". Did Jeff Teolis have something to do with this? LOL

I don't always word good!

#3986 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Mini loop, inner orbit, big loop, left ramp, right ramp, right orbit.

Get the toughest shots out of the way early, the upper loops.

This order just doesn't work for me, the ball is coming too fast out of the big loop for me to bounce pass or live catch and I can't stage so I can't loop pass or drop catch in time. I am now trying:
Mini loop, right orbit, left ramp, right ramp, inner orbit, big loop (left spinner for deathblow)

But I am not successful yet.

#4002 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I bet Robert could!

Turns out you might lose that bet . I was surprised how apparently the left side was not stageable at SPC finals. Strange watching REG unable or unwilling to stage.

#4028 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've owned many a pin and this game is the best overall machine to date for me. Just amazing.

I have never dated a machine, but I respect and accept your life choices.

1 month later
#4528 4 years ago

Who is good at the game, where did this screw and washer come from?

IMG_20190509_181454 (resized).jpgIMG_20190509_181454 (resized).jpg
#4529 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Who is good at the game, where did this screw and washer come from?

Nevermind, found it. Stupid mummy top plastic. Just needed to post to figure it out

3 weeks later
#4697 4 years ago

Got 5 balls stuffed in the underworld last night during can I play with madness.

IMG_20190530_195731 (resized).jpgIMG_20190530_195731 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imharrow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=imharrow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.