(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,641 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240325_110734_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_110223_Gmail (resized).jpg
20240322_134838 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank35.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2605 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All you gotta do is bend the prongs on the auto plunger until the ball starts traveling the right path. You may have to adjust it after that periodically also but in my opinion there is no need for bending the guide rails and waxing the playfield or anything else. Find out which prong isnt touching the ball of the auto plunger prongs in resting position and all the way forward position and adjust accordingly. Its literally a one or two minute fix but for some reason everyone wants to keep trying to fix it the hard way.

I have had hit and miss results here too. I can manually plunge all day 99.9% of the time. I'm lucky if the auto plunge works 70% of the time.
What's odd is, it will work 10 out of 10 times, then 6 out of 10. Then back to 8 out of 10. Some auto plunges around the loop are faster than others. It's erratic, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to why it's not working all the time.

The plunger prongs, both left and right sides, rest on the ball in the shooter lane. Slowly, and manually moving the auto plunger mech by hand through its entire movement, I can see that the plunger prongs are contacting the ball, both left and right sides, through the entire auto plunge process. In theory, I have this mech adjusted perfectly. In game play however, it's not 100%. And again. It's erratic. It's not like it's hit and miss all the time.

Along with the prongs contacting the ball through the entire process, there has to be something we're all missing here.
I've adjusting the top rail. I've waxed the shooter lane, the balls, the playfield. And still, it's hit and miss.

I've learned to live with 70%.

#2619 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Or you could just bend the prongs on the auto plunger and be done in about 2 minutes and not have to go through all that trouble of messing with the guide rail.

I don't think you read my post very carefully. Bending the prongs is where i started.
IMO, my issue is not in the prongs. I'm glad this fix worked for you, but this isn't where my problem is.

2 months later
#3149 5 years ago

Did I read somewhere where Keith's image was in place of Eddie at the end of the game somewhere?
If I remember correctly, there was a setting somewhere that needed to be changed?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3195 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I hear what you are saying

I belive I know what you are saying.

2 months later
#3825 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you figure it out, let me know. Same thing started happening here with the flipper on the right top, but when I lift the playfield to track it down, it goes away and stays away for any number of games. Comes and goes by itself, but it's really annoying.

If it's the same as mine, which I'm sure it is, the coil stop is too close to the cabinet. That's the sound you're hearing.
This is the ONLY thing I have not been able to fix. Pushing the playfield to the left fixes the issue, but in time it's ease it's way back.
Also shifting it to the left effs up the auto plunge...so I don't recommend doing it.

#3828 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So the back of the coil stop bracket is knocking on the cabinet? That's a...design fail. I guess I could put some neoprene or something on the back of the coil stop to deaden the sound if that's what's causing it. Something to investigate, at least.

I see no marks of the coil stop hitting the cabinet. I think it's just too close to the cabinet and it's picking up the echo of each and every flip. Place your one hand where the right upper flipper is on the cabinet and activate the flipper and I think you'll feel (hear) what I'm talking about.

If my theory is correct, slide your playfield to the left as far as it goes. If yours is like mine, the sound will fade.

10 months later
#5780 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

This was my first NIB machine, should I really be waxing it right out of the box?

Yes. Clean it first before waxing...and replace the balls too.
Should you have to? No. But do it anyway.
Balls are cheap, but not as cheap as the ones Stern gives you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank35.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=hank35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.