(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,650 posts
  • 484 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by pinballlife
  • Topic is favorited by 201 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,098 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190526_091624 (resized).jpg
DirtyPool (resized).jpg
IRon Maiden (resized).jpg
20190522_081212 (resized).jpg
20190522_080513 (resized).jpg
20190522_080451 (resized).jpg
20190522_080447 (resized).jpg
20190522_080434 (resized).jpg
20190522_080422 (resized).jpg
20190522_080417 (resized).jpg
IMG_4247 (resized).JPG
1AC9993D-37DF-42CB-BDB7-F94A7BEFAF83 (resized).jpeg
20190518_110546 (resized).jpg
Playfield low (resized).jpg
ulat_rev_a (resized).jpg
05F2C8BE-B441-4A6C-BD7A-3333B077EA46 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (1 year ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (1 year ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (8 months ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (7 months ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (5 months ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (33 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#545 1 year ago

I really don’t have room for this. Yet here it stands.

96459C00-70DD-42D2-A7E6-5B62EFA1E654 (resized).jpeg

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

At least two more. We need to see the rest of the room.

We’re full.

B8EB137D-33C1-40C8-8FEB-2B68399724A8 (resized).jpeg

4B0F46D6-B1DB-4E7C-BDA2-C5FD942098A6 (resized).jpeg

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

toss out the WWF and Batman - plenty of room!

I would but the kids LOVE them. Trust me I tried. One day it’ll happen.

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I have reached Cyborg, but do not know how I reached it. Same with 2 minutes 2 midnight.
What are the requirements for each?
Marcus

I did too. I think it’s by starting all main modes.

#682 1 year ago

Anyone have occasional Auto Plunger issues? Worked great for days, now it is hitting the lower post before the left orbit occasionally. This is not during multi ball. I can replicate it sometimes with draining on the skill shot, then the auto plunge from ball save kicks in. Anyone fix this?

IMG_7938 (resized).JPG

IMG_7939 (resized).JPG

IMG_7940 (resized).jpg

#686 1 year ago
Quoted from RVH:

Check under the plastic on the top of the shooter lane where the ball enters the playfield, I believe I’ve read there is an adjustment you can try.

I got it. One of the metal pieces was not resting properly against the ball at times. Needed to be bent.

In other news though, order some cabinet reinforcement asap, everyone! I don't even have a shaker installed. You can see some slight cracks. Gotta be from the wrong types of joints used.

They have not changed their process.

IMG_7956 (resized).JPG

IMG_7957 (resized).JPG

#690 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Question for you - Was this a Marco show game?

Nope.

#697 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

You should get that in writing and share it with us. I want to believe you and Stern because this sounds like a turn for the best and a level of awareness and admission...IMO. Do you remember who you talked to at Stern?

I emailed Chas earlier. I just want to know if I can stabilize the cab without voiding any warranty. I also want to add a shaker but that doesn’t look like a wise move.

Still no regrets(yet). This game is spectacular.

#707 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Please let us know what Chas says

Will do.

Quoted from Billy16:

Straight from the printed manual that should have come with your game, page 22 paragraph 6 line 3: "Tighten each leg bolt with care, as any over tightening will void your warrantee on the high quality Sternomatic Precision Nut Plate mechanism. If you hear a cracking sound and/or see separation at the upper corner of cabinet, you have over tightened the bolts."

Definitely not overtightened. I don't use a drill to tighten. I hand tighten all bolts, then just make them "snug" with a wrench. My other newer Stern games, including don't show this at all, even with shakers.

#711 1 year ago

Minor Troubleshooting Tip just in case this happens to anyone (I know this is simple but there are some that this will save time):

The left orbit ball lock was not triggering like it used to. Had been working before. Easy fix.

Scenario:
Progressing towards Trooper Multiball, when lock is lit, the pin physically traps the ball between the left and right two up posts, with the ball coming to rest against the "Up Post Left". This wasn't happening anymore. "Up Post Right" was firing too late. The machine recognized the lock, but didn't temporarily physically lock the ball.

Solution:
There is no opto to trigger "Up Post Right". It is triggered only when the Left Orbit Spinner switch is detected (When Lock is Lit). The spinner switch wasn't getting triggered until spin 2, because it seems the switch leaf has seen a lot of action. Simply bend the leaf up a bit towards the spinner target wire, to be sure it's triggered on the first spin.

LEFTORBITSPINNER (resized).jpg

#721 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Does it have that rainbow effect on the ramps while you play the game?

Looks pretty cool. Need some video here!

#733 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

NEW CODE:
V0.97.0 - May 9, 2018
=====================
- Number of the Beast - wizard mode is now complete
- Eddie Cards - after a Number of the Beast mode loss level 1 Eddie cards are un-lit, light all level 1 cards again to re-light Number of the Beast
- Eddie Cards - after a Number of the Beast mode loss level 2 Eddie cards stay lit, light all level 2 cards to re-light Number of the Beast
- Mummy Multiball - added scepter shots for add-a-ball / additional awards during the mode
- Mummy Multiball - sarcophagus lock improvements
- Aces High - added fighter ace super jackpot animation / sounds
- Rime of the Ancient Mariner - better scoop response when shots enter the scoop
- Rime Albatross Hurry Up - added a delay before the timer starts to give a chance at locking in the maximum value
- Flight of Icarus - shortened the length of the intro animation
- Soul Shard - replaced placeholder soul shard animation with new animation / sounds
- Cyborg Multiball - cyborg Eddie card collect - level 2 - changed from 3rd pyramid completion to 5th pyramid completion
- Cyborg Multiball - new intro / background loop / total animations / sounds
- Cyborg Multiball - cyborg jackpot animation updated
- Loop Award - mini loop scores 3x loop value and lights 2x loop
- Loop Jackpot - mini loop boosts loop jackpot value +500K and adds 3 seconds to loop jackpot timer
- Loop Jackpot - loop up post logic changed to only hold up for 2 seconds and then back down, also bring down immediately on mini-loop
- Loop Jackpot - improved big loop detection when a ball is being plunged
- Loop Jackpot - fix a bug when you drain with one loop left to light loop jackpots, it would not light jackpots when the next loop was hit after next ball was served
- Loop Jackpot - fix double loop award when the up post is blocking a big loop and you directly shoot a mini loop back into the post on the opposite side
- Loop Jackpot - score frame loop jackpot value is now visible when loop jackpots are active
- Tomb Award - change tomb award text from wrong: "2X Bonus Multiplier" to correct: "Collect 2X Bonus"
- Match - Iron Maiden themed match animations / sounds added
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - improvements to existing light shows and added additional light shows
- Revive - fixed problem with revive not saving the ball properly during grace periods
- Revive - added a new revive activated animation / sounds
- Sound - volume tweaks for many sounds
- Improved ball detection in top eject
- Ticket Dispenser Coil - enable testing in coil test
- Power Features - updating UI icons art
- Score Frame - better alignment of 'Ball' and 'Credits' text at the top of the screen
- All Modes - do not wait for grace period to expire to show mode totals
- High Score Tables - Obelisk scroll is now aligned with score groups better
- High Score Totals - fixed a bug with soul shard collected amount not getting included in the mode's high score total
- Adjustment Changes:
- 'LOOP VALUE TIMER' default changed from 10 to 5
- 'LOOP JACKPOT TIMER' default changed from 15 to 12
- 'LOOP JACKPOT UP POST LOOPS' default changed from 5 to 3
- '2 MINS/MIDNIGHT BALL SAVE TIME' default changed from 30 to 45
- 'EXTRA BALL/POWER SHOTS COMPLETE' default changed from 2 to 3
- increased all REPLAY defaults by 25M - starting default is now 125M

yes (resized).jpg

#734 1 year ago

EB3160D2-F0CA-4354-A169-A67C118E2B5E (resized).jpeg

#737 1 year ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Update went in smoothly. Played a game and some new things readily apparent visually right off the bat. I like the new animation for match at end of game !

DF579DEC-561B-401A-9F44-354375D0A03B (resized).jpeg

D44A0C07-E35B-4166-9E70-530F0F4789F5 (resized).jpeg

657C0676-48AC-43C3-BDD5-15F14CD1C6FF (resized).jpeg

#739 1 year ago

Haha awesome new callout when you drain.

#742 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Will i love my LE?

Definitely

#913 1 year ago

Finally got the McFarlane and NECA figures the way I like and plenty stable.

IMG_8047 (resized).jpg
IMG_8044 (resized).jpg
IMG_8045 (resized).JPG
IMG_8048 (resized).jpg

#916 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Nice, they are getting hard to find and very pricey.

I know. $60 on a figure is crazy, but when you compare it to some figures out there in the mod market, that's actually not too bad. (at least that's how I justified it!)

#949 1 year ago

sake (resized).jpg

#962 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So today the song chose itself, then flippers were scoring points. Then points just started adding on their own. Checked leaf switches, they all seem fine. Any ideas?

Time to call The Wolf. He solves problems.

wolf (resized).jpg

Quoted from PinCrush:

Officially in the club. LE #90 at home in Frisco, TX!

It must be Italian.

3 months later
#2276 9 months ago
Quoted from imharrow:

So Metallica is unoriginal because it copied features of games that came after it.

Mind. Blown.

#2309 9 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Is there a scoring strategy that people are using on this game? I cant seem to get much past 300-400m. My best game is 389m right now. I thought for sure I was going to break 500m yesterday. Really long game, two trooper MB...just not getting that big jump Im looking for. What am I missing?

Things can JUMP with 2x and 3x scoring. Really cool deciding when to activate it. Need to get it going during mulitball and nail some jackpots, complete modes, collect soul shards.

2 weeks later
#2440 8 months ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm weak....Where do I pick up my membership card?
[quoted image]

Congrats, buddy! Welcome to the madness.

#2449 8 months ago

"More like Flight of Brickarus!" is my favorite.

1 week later
#2482 8 months ago

Finally found a figure (I think) I like to replace the flat cyborg. Tried a cyborg there and it was too small.

Devil is part of an Iron Maiden Asylum Ultimate figure and includes a HUGE 18" Eddie. Wonder if I can use it as a topper.

Devil trident was broken on arrival, but it might be a blessing. Would not fit in the "up" direction. Does not interfere with gameplay at all.

IMG_0796 (resized).JPGIMG_0813 (resized).jpgIMG_0814 (resized).jpgIMG_0816 (resized).JPG
#2489 8 months ago
Quoted from tp:

Can you please post a link to these figures?

Here's one, but I paid less than half that price so there are more around.

ebay.com link » Iron Maiden Eddie Number Of Beast Asylum Ultimate Series Figure 18 Art Asylum

#2491 8 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I agree to a huge point... Which is why I haven't done it yet...
My problem is I feel these ramps are just too damn tight. The pops get into the way on the left. And the right ramp is dangerous to brick.
These both have to be the some of the tightest pairs of ramps ever in a game.

I don't feel that way. I mean, it's not as easy as any Richie game, but pops on the left are more psychological than anything.

#2538 8 months ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

How much value is there in leaving the upper left flipper down when making the loop shot with the upper right? I recall hearing or reading that you were rewarded for making the tighter shot. True? What's the result?

With the flipper up, it's 1/2 the normal value of the shot. Point total varies of course.

#2613 7 months ago
Quoted from bam10:

I just got a premium and first thing I did was the armor.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks spectacular.

#2672 7 months ago
Quoted from Buju:

There is a generation of musicians that are raising their kids to be the next in line. I know I hope too. Why just the other day my 6 yr old says “dad I want to be Eddie from Iron Maiden.” Best 6 yr old Halloween costume ever? You be the judge[quoted image][quoted image]

OMG that is absolutely amazing. My 9 year old would be all about this. Amazing.

3 weeks later
#2820 6 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I didn't see that there was a hole there...

twss.gif
2 weeks later
#2923 6 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Think it's you who are wrong! You DO have to get soul shards in the modes....
Aces High
Soul Shard goal: Collect the Super Jackpot
2 ball multi-ball.
Stage 1: destroy 4 fighters. Shoot blue arrow shots to defeat a fighter.
Stage 2: defeat 2 bombers. Shoot a ramp to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot to destroy a bomber.
Stage 3: defeat the ace. Shoot the strobing shot to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot within 5 seconds to destroy the ace.
Increased scoring from better accuracy on bulls-eye shots.
One add-a-ball is available from your first Mystery award shot at the Orb.
There are two ego awards for Aces High: (1) for most kills – the # of planes you shot down, and (2) highest mode score.
Fear of the Dark (this is the first mode lit in Competition Settings)
Soul Shard goal: Complete three spinner rips
Woohoo! A rip the lit spinner mode!
Four shots are lit with purple arrows. Completing any one of them lights the Spinners for a ton of points for one spinner rip (the REVIVE spinner scores 2x the value displayed). The more difficult the shot, the higher the base spinner value:
Ramps = 250K.
Big loop = 350K.
Mini loop = 500K (and the weak mini loop initial return out through the L orbit does NOT count as your spinner shot. Bravo!)
When you rip a lit spinner, it will unlight after it stops spinning and is no longer available for the lit spinner points (similar to many Classic Stern lit spinner rules). You may get BOTH spinners going during one “rip” – but it’s very difficult to execute! Once your spinner(s) stops spinning, the purple shots relight and the sequence starts over. The mode is completed after your 3rd spinner rip.
After each purple starter shot, you may also choose to shoot the R ramp once to double your next spinner value. This does not automatically double if the right ramp was your first shot; you must shoot it twice to get the doubler.
There are two ego awards for FOTD: (1) for the highest amount of spins in this mode, and (2) highest mode score.
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Soul Shard goal: Collect the Port and Starboard (Super) Jackpots
Center shot is lit to shoot down the albatross and collect a hurry-up counting down (quickly!) from 1M. Shoot center shot to lock in this value as your MB Shot Value and start a 2-ball multiball.
During multiball, one side’s shots (left or right) will be lit at a time. Shoot the lit shots to score your Shot Value (+500K increments) and move the lit shots toward the center, until the Ctr Ramp is lit for a bulls-eye shot. Progress is on a timer, so if you go too long without making another shot, your ship (and your shots) will be blown off course away from center.
Shooting the lit bulls-eye shot will score a jackpot based on the sum of your shot scoring, and multiplied by your accuracy on the bulls-eye. If there are still non-Ctr ramp shots lit, you can continue shooting those to increase the value of your jackpot (the Ctr Ramp arrow won’t “move past” it by over-steering).
One add-a-ball is available from your first Mystery award shot at the Orb.
There is an ego award for highest Rime MB score.
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Soul Shard goal: Break free
Complete objectives in order as quickly as possible.
Shoot any one orange arrow (3M)
Shoot the captive ball (5M)
Shoot another remaining orange arrow (3M)
Complete all of the drop targets (10M)
Shoot another remaining orange arrow (3M)
Shoot the center ramp (10M + Completion Score)
Completion score based on how much time is remaining in the mode when you finish – I believe it’s 1M per second remaining.
There are two ego awards for Hallowed mode: (1) the quickest time the mode is completed, and (2) highest mode score.
Flight of Icarus
Soul Shard goal: Score at least 20 million in mode points
Shoot alternating lit ramps, scoring 1M (+250K increment for each ramp shot, lit or unlit). Combo ramps on a 5 second timer for incremental multiplied scoring (ex: 1st combo at 2x, 2nd at 3x, etc).
There is an ego award for highest Icarus mode score.

You've also just described why this pin is so damn good.

It's the best combo of layout and rules in years, without being too difficult. TWD is up there, but it's a lot tougher and has BS magnet drains.

Overall TWD might be better, but for me Maiden is much more fun.

#3000 6 months ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

It can be done...[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap. There’s gold in them hills!

3 weeks later
#3127 5 months ago

This game is the best. It’s ALWAYS fun to play. The layout has great shots and nearly no cheap drains, but I don’t think the code gets enough credit. It could be my favorite mix of modes, achieveable wizard modes, difficult wizard modes, stacking, side achievements, etc.

I’m not sure if timballs was on the code team, but if he was, sign me up for whatever is next from him.

#3220 5 months ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Not very impressed with those. Someone on here made much nicer ones

I've thought about that. It's sure good looking, but not 3D, is not cheap, and sound activated-only. These are interactive. Aces High ordered.

#3278 5 months ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm still trying to figure out some of the game rules based on the game instructions previously written up but I'm not quite clear on a few game points.
1) When the game says "Shoot the sarcophagus!", what is the exact target? I'm confused if that's the stationary ball above M-U-M-M-Y or hitting the left ramp that loops around.
2) to get one of the tree inserts to light solidly, do you have to complete the mode or just start the mode? It seems that some of the modes it stays solid just for starting the mode, others you have to progress.
3) I'm unclear on the 4 Eddie inserts and what exactly completes them. I know Trooper you start Trooper multiball but I still am unclear about what "completes" this
I wish that Stern would publish a more complete set of rules for games because it's confusing to try to figure these games out at times for completing modes and advancing. I usually try to go for mode completion vs. points when I play.

I'll try my best...

Quoted from DrMark12PA:

1) When the game says "Shoot the sarcophagus!", what is the exact target? I'm confused if that's the stationary ball above M-U-M-M-Y or hitting the left ramp that loops around.

That's the captive balls. Shoot them to spell "MUMMY", which lights Sarcophagus lock. "Virtually Lock" a ball by hitting the Pharoah. Then hit the captive balls to spell "MUMMY" again to start Mummy Multiball.

Quoted from DrMark12PA:

2) To get one of the tree inserts to light solidly, do you have to complete the mode or just start the mode? It seems that some of the modes it stays solid just for starting the mode, others you have to progress.

Just start a mode. If you complete it, you'll have the opportunity to collect a Soul Shard, which advances you to a Wizard Mode, but isn't apparent from the lighting of the tree. Just starting all the modes will get you to the 2 Minutes to Midnight Mode.

Quoted from DrMark12PA:

3) I'm unclear on the 4 Eddie inserts and what exactly completes them. I know Trooper you start Trooper multiball but I still am unclear about what "completes" this

I believe you need to hit enough shots in those modes to light, then collect their "Super Jackpot" to collect the card.

1 week later
#3401 5 months ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Or buy the sticker like i did and put it on a pingulp
amazon.com link »

Nah. Too practical!

1 month later
#3884 3 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I sold my LotR after only a couple of months having got to Valinor 3 or 4 times. It's not difficult to get to Valinor...

liotta.gif
1 week later
#3944 87 days ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

i will just put it here.... hahaha
COMING SOON TO MEZEL MODS!
here is a sketch only without paint of my patent pending 3d sculpted apron covers. this one i made for this great game iron maiden and im working on 100 designs for other machines i also made one for indiana jones. and working on munsters, bsd, potc (jjp) and more machines (i also got license for few top games).
this is only a prototype. The middle line in the steps is for perspective only and i need to make few changes like to finish the plunger area to make something very cool there and to add more texture to the stairs bricks and to make them look like broken in few areas and its will be awesome! and after paint its will be just perfect
this item is mezel mods exclusive item!!!! check them out for more info soon!
[quoted image]
for more info you can check my other mods and threads

That looks super cool!

3 weeks later
#4097 66 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

While I'm in here, might as well post that I just opened the interest list for the 3D anubis mod for Pro and Prem/LEs. Will be shipping very soon. More information is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp
Here's one of the prototypes (the final is gold as in the pics in the above thread):[quoted image]

That looks awesome as usual vireland. Makes me want to buy a premium!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
Waukesha, WI
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
Wanted
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Granville, OH
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 19.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside