(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider groo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#722 5 years ago

Just put the down payment on a Premium. Pretty sure the artwork will be outstanding. Game is way too fun and should be better with the added premium elements. Just need to unload my SWPro before July (hopefully will be shipping by then)

1 month later
#1367 5 years ago

48 hours til my Premium shows up. Playing the LOTB mobile game in the meantime to get familiar with the theme.

4 weeks later
#1758 5 years ago

Funny you mention the Mrs.... My wife maybe played 5 games total on my previous 4 Sterns and now she can't get enough of this one. Constantly playing it and getting better also.

#1826 5 years ago

Saw the alternate Fear of the Dark video while watching my son the other day. Hilarious.

1 year later
#6643 3 years ago

Rejoining the club, this time with a Pro model. Good deal on a slightly used machine and getting next week.

1 week later
#6686 3 years ago

Took delivery yesterday so officially back in the club. Pro does seem very fast without the stoppages and I'm so glad to be able to hit the orb shot and have it register! Game is so much fun! I did swap to the premium translite and have the pro in the light up frame from Stern. That looks really cool. Side armor and art blades installed as well.

1 week later
#6718 3 years ago

I do miss the underworld and the lock mech, but am definitely enjoying an always working orb shot. Everybody that plays my pins agree IMDN is the best.

3 months later
#7410 3 years ago

I have to admit, growing up with music of the 70's into the 80's and seeing MTV's inception, I was never into Iron Maiden. I was familiar with them and their videos, Run to the Hills, in particular, but I never bought an album, or cassette, at that point in time. I was and still am mainly into rock, leaning a little progressive, and was into Rush, Van Halen, Def Leppard at the time. When this machine came out I pretty much blew it off as I see a lot of people did, stating the music didn't appeal to them. I played the pro at the Ann Arbor show and immediately ordered a premium based on the game itself, couldn't hear the music too well. Got and loved the premium, except for having to fix it every other day and finally sold it. Just got a pro and I think it is going to be a permanent fixture. This time around though I have really been getting into the music and can't believe I went this long without listening to Iron Maiden. I watched the Flight 666 documentary and am now a fan of the group. It's awesome to be able to just pull up and stream the next album and all the time thinking I would've really been into them as a teen and later on. I guess I'm a real life incarnation of the song Wasted Years!

2 years later
#11987 1 year ago

We saw them in Detroit 2 weeks ago and it was a great show. Bruce with those flamethrowers was cool and when Icarus fell was slick. Aces High at the end was the highlight though. Glad I gave this pin a try a few years back. Never thought I'd get into the band as much as I have.

Anybody else hear that they are doing another topper run? Only thing left I need on mine.

#11991 1 year ago

I'm with you on being able to see and enjoy their work all because of a pinball machine. There were some very cool moments, the opening drums to Senjutsu, that changeover from Japan to the stain glass, Icarus, the huge Eddie, all the big props, especially Aces High. My wife is not really a fan of their music, but she likes the pin and she loved the show. Seeing them perform with that energy at that age was really cool.

6 months later
#13074 11 months ago

Hopefully that means toppers as well. Been waiting patiently for that run.

2 weeks later
#13192 10 months ago

I made the switch from premium to pro and don't regret it. Had to move the premium for financial reasons and then a year or so later was able to pick up a pro at a discount. My biggest problem with the premium was the orb shot. No matter what I did I just could not keep that mech working. Nothing pissed me off more than having a decent game and hitting that shot to hear it thud and not register a hit. I almost got good enough to fix it without lifting the playfield. I loved the other parts of the premium but am okay without them. Every now and then I wish the ramp would lift and make that shot a bit easier but happy with the pro. Also happy that orb shot registers 100% of the time and sometimes it does register from the side as if the ball was there. Can't wait for the topper to arrive.

2 weeks later
#13449 9 months ago

Got a weird knocking noise on the upper right flipper and trying to figure out what it is. When I release the flipper it goes back to position, but it sounds like it is knocking against the cab when it returns. I opened it up and looked and couldn't see anything and of course it wouldn't make the noise. I've replaced the sleeves and the coil stops but seems to keep tapping. Any ideas?

1 month later
#13954 8 months ago

Yes, I’m going to try that as well.

1 week later
#14014 8 months ago

New Aces High topper on the way. Can't wait to put it on. In the span of a few months I've gone from zero toppers to 3 of 4 machines having one. Feel like I may have these 4 for a while, unless somebody tosses out a Rush trade for LZ. But then I'd be on a quest for the HTF Rush topper!

#14039 8 months ago

Funny that the game I say will be the last to leave, still has the yellow cards from the factory before they started putting good ones in there.

#14044 8 months ago

Wow, perfect timing here too. 2 IMDN packages arrive together.

IMG_5451 (resized).jpegIMG_5451 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider groo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=groo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.