(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,605 posts
  • 530 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 235 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,367 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191019_000008 (resized).jpg
20191018_235409 (resized).jpg
2850449B-92A1-414F-A23C-EB4EEA93AF6F (resized).jpeg
4F091365-7A37-4766-ABD8-076A3B2F31F7 (resized).jpeg
20191009_201145 (resized).jpg
20191009_201200 (resized).jpg
0C3CE15C-ED3E-46B9-A602-8CD740C6DB27 (resized).jpeg
20190924_151606 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-09-24 150210 (resized).png
D0F10FEF-07BF-4124-AC02-DB3440115F5D (resized).jpeg
20190921_210458 (resized).jpg
20190921_223113 (resized).jpg
20190921_221126 (resized).jpg
20190921_221321 (resized).jpg
20190921_213614 (resized).jpg
20190921_224434 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (1 year ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (1 year ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (1 year ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (10 months ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (6 months ago)

Post #5013 Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (3 months ago)

Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (48 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider graysonsdad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2946 11 months ago

I'm getting a Pro (and a shaker if they are in stock) next month.
Would the Pharoah protector be a wise investment? Do the edges take a bit of a beating? I've only played a few games and all the ramp shots seemed to be on target but I could see some weird angles damaging the back. Thoughts?

#2949 11 months ago

Does someone have the rubbers list for the pro model please?
I'm looking to make a titan order and want to make sure I get the right ones.
Thanks

#2950 11 months ago

Also if anyone has changed their rubbers, I'd like to see how it looks if you have pics. I haven't decided on a colour yet.

#2953 11 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Does someone have the rubbers list for the pro model please?
I'm looking to make a titan order and want to make sure I get the right ones.
Thanks

Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Also if anyone has changed their rubbers, I'd like to see how it looks if you have pics. I haven't decided on a colour yet.

I'm leaning toward Navy blue, Orange or a bit of a mix of the 2. I don't usually like to see mixed rubber colours but I feel there are spots that just work well with blue and some with Orange. Hell, I'm mildly thinking of putting 2 dark green post covers at the plane ramp to make it more obvious to my kid and guests

#2966 11 months ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Ten months away...[quoted image]

Toronto floors purchased and deposit paid on a pro.

20181114_002838 (resized).jpg

#2967 11 months ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

If you don't have the manual, go to Stern's website under the game and download it. It will tell you what all the rubbers are. I went with the dark blue titan rubbers on mine. I'll try and get a pic of them.

I'm thinking light blue lower playfield, orange upper playfield with purple post sleeve at the orb. Pics would be much appreciated.

#2995 11 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

How are you finding the post sleeves? Did you order stern slim? I'm apprehensive swapping the post sleeves as I've heard the tapered factory sleeve help minimize airballs. Have you noticed an increase in airballs? So far I've just picked flippers and slings. I may opt to leave much of it stock if it is affecting gameplay.
Did you do red sleeves at the right ramp or is it my eyes?

1 week later
#3044 10 months ago

I put my deposit down today for a Pro. I'll be picking it up in about 2 weeks.
I have a question so I can be all set to play on day one. I picked up a subwoofer for the game as I did with my Metallica pro. I was under the impression that Iron Maiden has a line out built into it for speakers but my distributor couldn't seem to find one on the display model. Is there indeed a line out or will I he needing to place another order with pinnovators? Thanks.
Ps. Ordering the following right off the bat from Mezel. Pharoah blinder kit, Pharoah protector, gel inserts and the mummy plastic.
It's going to be a very Maiden Christmas at my house

#3047 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Depends on the model number of the board in the backbox. There is a line out for sub on SOME boards (not all) but you have to make your own connector to access it even if you have the "right" board series. There's information you need in the thread I made here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

I just ordered a pinnovators sub kit 2 minutes ago after a bit more reading. Hopefully no issues

#3052 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

The stern art blades are very nice. For less than $100 shipped a great choice.
Also, once the fan noise is driving you crazy, you can get a plug and play quiet fan kit to replace the fan in the power supply.

I'm getting my pro in 2 weeks. I'd like to hear more about a quite fan. Just a normal pc fan from any electrical store or something more specific? Thanks

1 week later
#3123 10 months ago
Quoted from JohnVee:

Hey guys,
I’m trying to install some mirror blades on my Maiden, and the bottom of the mirror is hitting this piece pictured below. Can somebody tell me what this is used for, and is it ok if I remove it? They are on both sides.
[quoted image]

They are to help guide the playfield back into place when you put it back down.

#3153 10 months ago

Could some please point me toward speaker decals? It's just this big black boring abyss. I'm going to add some speaker lights but I've seen it done and it only slightly helps. I like the Sam speaker grills ok but these spikes with the LCD screens leave a lot to be desired.
Thanks

#3154 10 months ago

Also....if it hasn't been done, some sandy dunes and pyramids please

#3157 10 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Added some mods in the past few days. I used a pico size rgb LED for the Clairvoyant globe and very fine wiring (normally used for Lego LED lighting). I did consider drilling the arm to hide the wires but there really isn't much room for error to do that so didn't try and risk it. If i can find a good colour match i'm intending to blend the wire into the blue of her cape at the back. I fully intended the globe to be lit all the time and not connected to the globe underneath, the RGB colour sequence wouldn't match anyway. Piece of mind Eddie isn't exactly where i wanted him but he was never going to fit where the original was, just too tall. I'll most likely adjust where the chains attach also as i have some small eye bolts coming which should look far neater.

Unfortunately my camera washed out the colours on the globe but you can spot the colour changes on the Clairvoyants face and upper torso. These pico leds are damn bright for their size!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Eddie placement is great

#3161 10 months ago

Just a heads up to anyone looking to get mezel mods mummy plastic.....
It's cheap as hell. For the price I expected a proper gauge plastic similar to the Eddies. Its a razor thin piece of crap. You could print a photo card stock on a home printer of similar quality.
Oh, and the "insert gels"? Some squares of film and double sided tape? Going straight in the garbage. I ordered virelands light tree instead. Beautiful.
Mezel quality is lacking on this game. Overpriced trash.
Dont waste you money.

20181212_155241 (resized).jpg20181212_155247 (resized).jpg20181212_155814 (resized).jpg
#3170 10 months ago

Vic's(left) mezel(right)
20181212_175048 (resized).jpg

#3172 10 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Before the pitchforks come out, did you contact mezel and let them know you werent happy? They are great people and take care of their customers. They take feedback seriously and work hard to make things right. We sell mods through them and do the same. It's fine if you dont like a mod, but I'd suggest contacting them and at least allow them a chance to make things right before being critical.

In all fairness, just from my bitching on this thread, Mezel just sent me an email saying I would be getting a refund so good on them. I hadn't even contacted them as I was just going to eat the loss as it wasnt much.
So good on mezel customer support but production needs a kick in the pants. Thank you mezel(seriously)

#3230 10 months ago

The aces high one is actually pretty cool. Pricey af but cool.
Pro membership is less than 4 days away now.....

#3240 10 months ago

Does someone know where to get some speaker grill decals? (Similar to the creeping death mod for Metallica). I'm having a hell of a time finding anything and dont like the way these lcd/speaker grills look on the newer Sterns.
I dont know why Stern just leaves them bare.
I cant imaging its money. How much can a 2ft sticker cost them in bulk? $5 more a game maybe? I'd have been willing to pay extra for my game if some Zombie Yeti art continued up there.

#3244 10 months ago

Ahhhhhh, I'm getting twitchy! I'm supposed to pick up my pro on Tuesday morning from a local depot (a $50 van rental is better than a $200 delivery charge) but there is also a slim chance I'll get curbside drop off tomorrow instead. (Mind explodes)
I have to talk to the driver tomorrow. Hopefully he is good people. (Fingers crossed emoji doesn't work)

#3273 10 months ago

20181218_092954 (resized).jpg20181218_094758 (resized).jpg
#3281 10 months ago

Day one and I'm modding away.
Pinnovators board installed.
Shaker installed.
Pharoah blinder kit installed.
Pharoah protector installed.
Vireland's mode light tree installed.(before game one)
Titan rings (mostly installed)
Navy blue t molding installed
Cheap mummy plastic "installed".

Tomorrows mods
Finish Titans
Swap out fan
Install art blades

Only played 5 games today but my auto launch seems good
20181218_164053 (resized).jpg

#3282 10 months ago

The only issue I've had so far is an odd one. I think my glass is cut at just a slight angle. No matter how much figuring I do it goes in and I have to force the left side up as hard as I can to get the lockdown bar in place. (It catches the left edge of the glass)
I'm going to measure it tomorrow. Everything seems flush with no obstructions so idk what's going on.

#3292 10 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Lets get a better pic w/ the blue t-molding! I had thought about doing that too! Edit: you removed the chrome from metallica and went blue too?

Metallica is purple with purple speaker lights. Iron maiden is navy. Probably add some blue speaker lights. (Picture turns out best with the game soft but still comes out dark)
The blue goes really well with the side art on the head.
Chrome trim should be burned. Fugly stuff

20181219_002658 (resized).jpg20181219_002709 (resized).jpg20181219_002727 (resized).jpg

#3293 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'm actually okay with the price of the pinstadiums. The UV lighting is a major concern, though, and the main reason why I won't have them in any machine I own or maintain on a route until there's better documentation of what nm range the "UV" light is in as real UV can blow out your eyes over time - permanently. There's literally no technical documentation on what the wavelength the UV light is in the pinstadiums, and that's bad. Eventually I will test pinstadiums with a spectrum analyzer, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

And you can make a poor mans pinstadium for about $25cdn. That's like one american dollar right? I made one for my blackout for about $15 with just some warm white. Pinstadium is overpriced for what it is. You are paying for the phone app

#3295 10 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Day one and I'm modding away.
Pinnovators board installed.
Shaker installed.
Pharoah blinder kit installed.
Pharoah protector installed.
Vireland's mode light tree installed.(before game one)
Titan rings (mostly installed)
Navy blue t molding installed
Cheap mummy plastic "installed".
Tomorrows mods
Finish Titans
Swap out fan
Install art blades
Only played 5 games today but my auto launch seems good

Edit. Couldn't sleep. Quite fan installed
Just some harder to get to Titans tomorrow and I'm waiting on Vireland's loop mod. Need to figure out a different way to do the speaker lights than the Metallica Sam layout. Shouldnt be too difficult.
The more I'm looking at it I dont think this game needs any speaker lights with that big screen. If anyone has added speaker lights, could you please post some pics? I was thinking about lining the rectangles, not the actual speakers themselves like I did with Metallica

#3312 10 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yeah....it's been done and it was more difficult to design than you would think. I've even put a SAM Speaker Light Kit in a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit. Here are some pictures of them in SPIKE 2 games.
Doug (www.SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like how deadpool looks like a Canada flag. That crazy Canucklehead

#3317 10 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

So I was just playing, had mummy sarcophagus up and ready for a ball lock. Had a weird bounce off the drop targets and it ended you in the lock.
The game actually had a 'dirty pool' call-out.
Awesome!

If I'm remembering right I was messing around with the coin door volume during play when I heard it on mine. It made me grin but I'm not entirely sure what I did

#3346 10 months ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Thank you Vireland with Pin Monk. Just installed fireball loop lens' and its rad. Install was fairly easy, took about 15 minutes.
[quoted image]

Bah, I was hoping mine would arrive today so I could have all my mods installed for xmas visitors. No luck. Looks great.

#3396 9 months ago
Quoted from malklavious:

Finished installing vireland's light mods to the fireball loop, Eddie cards, and battle tree. Unfortunately the pictures of the battle tree doesn't do the colors justice, it looks much better in person. All of them feel like it's how it *should* have been from the factory![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I installed the mode tree before my first game and now it looks weird to see an all white one. Still waiting on my loop. Damned holiday mail.
The mode tree more than any other should have been that way from the factory. Aside from looking really sharp, it helps to distinguish modes at a quick glance.

#3410 9 months ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I ordered a set of cabinet blades from Stern and they came in yesterday. There were no instructions included with them or on their site. Does anyone know if these are the air-egress kind like Tilt Graphics are where they can be re positioned if need be or are they permanent once they are stuck the first time?

I dont know the product you are comparing to but I installed the stern blades on my maiden and pingraffix on my Metallica. The sterns are durable enough for minimal correction. I peeled mine back a bit a few times while applying. The pingraffix are stronger and are slightly more repositionable than the stern.
Sterns were still tough enough. I installed mine without even removing the playfield. Good luck. They look sharp.

#3426 9 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

No custom callouts, but used pinball browser to add all new songs...
Sabbath, ozzy, met, gnr, muse, black keys, etc.
Makes it so much more enjoyable.

But the modes make no sense then....
I like Iron Maiden music though

#3432 9 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I dont get why everyone says this. It will still say “2 minutes to midnight” and it’s not like the callouts are different - or the text, or the rules! I am replacing 2 minutes with “speed of light” per request of my son, and probably Aces high with “algorithm” by Muse. I don’t mind that, Powerslave is way over-represented

Clearly you dont listen to Maiden. The song lyrics tie in to the gameplay very well. Not a judgment. To each their own but if I dont like a band, I dont play that pin. You couldn't pay me to play Aerosmith.Theme counts for a lot with me though. I love Borg games but cant get into walking dead because its walking dead. I dont blindly go for theme either though. Ghostbusters is an amazing theme but I dont want to own one...or really even put money in one

#3438 9 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dang man you are missing out because AS and TWD are both great games, i think GB is as well. Borg is my favorite designer by far. Dont limit yourself like that.

Cant be helped. I also am a huge Borg fan. It's not like older pins where theme is just a skin though. Art aside, the modes, music, callouts and gimmicks in modern games (usually) tie directly into the theme. Even Tron took me forever to warm up to because I am a huge fan of the original and didnt like the modern movie. I can play xmen all day even with storm yelling at me because xmen was one of my favorite cartoons/beat em up games in the 90s. I've got a Stern Star Trek on the way. Im not a Trekkie and I dont have strong feeling about the series either way so the gameplay sold me on that one.
Good shots only count for so much in modern games. If i like the theme I am more likely to try and progress through the modes.
Bottom line, Stern should only make theme I enjoy personally lol

#3451 9 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I asked a few weeks ago and it was mentioned that the game “plays best” when elevated. When i put it down to 6.5 it was bricks and missed returns everywhere

6.5° on mine equals smooth shots and 9.5/10 on my auto plunge.

1 week later
#3651 9 months ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the name of the game/band on the floor in front of the game. I can imagine a row of games like this looking pretty cool.

2 weeks later
#3764 8 months ago

Just got my first 2 minutes to midnight

#3766 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Exciting no matter how many times you get there. Congrats.

I hit every shot but the right orbit
I still have problems hitting that one consistently. I usually hit the upper flipper going for it.
2 minutes to midnight sure looks nice with those colored modes

#3783 8 months ago
Quoted from Hougie:

What are pinmonk lenses? Any other recommendations?

Game doesnt meed much.
Shaker motor is a must for everyone.
I've also got and recommend
-changing bulbs frosted
-Pinmonk's mode tree and loop mods.
-Pinmonk's fan mod.
-Mezels Pharoah blinder and protector.
-Pinovator's sub kit (with Polk PSW10)
-Titans (whatever you like but I went mostly dark blue with orange upper flippers)
-Stern art blades.
swapping out nuts for chrome domes looks great.

I feel like the shaker and the mode tree make the most obvious improvements.

#3804 8 months ago

My maiden flipper are considerably louder and clunkier than my Metallica ones but I just wrote it of as double the flippers, double the noise. Only recently have I thought about taking a closer look.

#3818 8 months ago

Metallica and Iron Maiden are the only machines in my house right now. Metallica is one of my favorites of all time but Iron Maiden is amazing. As mentioned earlier. Hit the spinner to change modes.
Have you really played the modes though? Finshing them and collect soul shards? It's not like star trek where every mode is just another version of the last (still love that game)
I have modes I love (hallowed be thy name and fear of the dark are sooo satisfying, mariner steering the ship through rough waters) and modes i dislike (looking at you icarus lol) Some of the tomb treasures feel really good (super slings)
Rip some loop jackpots, go for run to the hills, collect eddie cards. Lots to do.
I love my Metallica but unless I'm aiming for blackened or combo champ etc, the main game is bash 4 items enough times to play a crank or up. Thats nothing overly special. Once you are in one its not like the game really changes much. Keep bashing (plus some small variations) repeat.
Iron Maiden feels like it has much more variation than Metallica.

The Beast: DEATHBLOW!

#3840 8 months ago

Mine also did the same thing the first game (dactory installed) but it was so minor that fixing it only required a light push onn the metal guide to the right and it's been fine ever since.

#3870 8 months ago

Especially odd when my high score is only around 400,000 and I HAVE made it to Midnight (Once so far. One shot away from finishing)

#3900 8 months ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Where would I get those thin walled post sleeves? The yellow stock ones are worn out, all replacement ones I have in my stash are basically twice the wall thickness and would close up all shots.
where to go, what to do?
Thank you for your input

Be aware that the sleeves on Maiden are tapered to reduce airballs. Titan does not make anything like that yet. I change all my rubber to Titans. I change my Maiden over before the first game. I'd hold off on sleeves for now. Side note, yellow ones? Where did you have yellow ones stock? Everything was black on mine.

#3903 8 months ago

I love this game a little more every day. A few weeks ago I started to really nail down those ramp shots and that felt great. Tonight I was hitting both loops with much more consistency than I have in the past. Getting a feel for the shots in this game takes some time but feels so good when you do.
Week one was smash it up the ramp over and over. Now I only shoot for the ramp when its will start something. I have the Vireland fireball loop mod. Nice to finally see it lighting up during actual play now.
I'm not totally clear on some things.
-How exactly am I adding a ball to mb? I thought I knew but apparently I've been wrong.
-How do I earn an extra ball? I never seem to see how I've done it. I just know where to collect it once its lit.
-is the playfield multiplier just hit the x's then the rollover? Sometimes I feel like I've earned it another way but there is a lot going on in this game.
Thanks

#3907 8 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Interesting...never noticed the taper. The only thing I noticed when replacing the posts is how hard they were...they don't flex at all. The stock posts feel like solid plastic...not rubber. I much prefer the feel of the Titan rubbers/posts on this game. fwiw, I don't notice *any* airballs from hitting posts.
Since many folks replace the stock rubber, I'm interested if they believe the Stern hard/tapered posts had any effect on airballs.

I did flippers, slings and posts that have rings but left the post sleeves stock.

#3914 7 months ago

Nah, bad choices

20190223_200258 (resized).jpg
#3950 7 months ago

I cant bring myself to paint these ones. I thought about it after doing the Metallica snake wireform but it's already so shiney and too nice to cover imo.

#3951 7 months ago

I could see gold plating them in a premium with the Pharoah package

#3971 7 months ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I like the music but the singing is a bit... annoying (personnal taste, sorry Maidens fans).
Thanks

Blasphemy! Dickenson has one of the best vocal ranges of any singer from any genre. He can sustain a note indefinitely. A witch must have cursed your poor ears lol.

1 week later
#4031 7 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What pin blades is everyone using on the pro?
Pics would help decide.

Stern made a nice set for this game.

#4032 7 months ago
20190315_193129 (resized).jpg20190315_193139 (resized).jpg
#4040 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Same right and left corner with the Stern blades...[quoted image][quoted image]

I like to put the circles back in. They can pop back off pretty easily if I need to get at the hinge bolts.

20190315_220211 (resized).jpg20190315_220224 (resized).jpg
#4048 7 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

For those who got the pharaoh protector did you install it on the back or the front of the original. And if so, why?
I ended up installing mine on the back.
-there was already wear to the back of the plastic from the switch assembly
-normally plastic protectors go on the back to give the original Plastix more rigidity.
But in the case of this pin the plastic takes a head on beating, so maybe There is cases for both
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I put mine in front so it actually protects the Pharoah plastic from all those missed ramp target shots. Easier to replace a $15 shield than the Pharoah if it chips or cracks.

1 week later
#4153 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

If you use the wet method, they're very forgiving to install and you have time to get them lined up just right. DO NOT try to install them dry.
I like the official Stern art blades the best as they match the motif of the playfield the best. It all goes together seamlessly.

Stern blades are much thicker than other ones I've purchased. They are very forgiving and can be done easily dry. I prefer to do dry when possible. I'd like to keep water away from my machines as much as possible. My Star Trek blades are MUCH thinner and I will likely go wet.

#4155 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's such a small amount of water (and soap) and you wipe it away once you squeegee it out when they're set in place that it's not a big deal, and it makes a MUCH more forgiving install that you can do with the playfield raised up, then down to finish it off. About 3-5 minutes per side. I used to do dry only, but once I tried wet I never went back. WAY easier.

I do mine with the playfield in places well. Same time frames. To each his own I guess

#4164 6 months ago

Installed titans on my Maiden before game one.

Quoted from Supersquid:

Yeah, the 1" mini flipper rubber is what you want for the one on the left. I actually got all my "rubbers" from Titan.

#4223 6 months ago
Quoted from Maken:

Still attempting to escalate at Stern and with distro. It's hard, nobody gets back to me, they all just hope that I will go away. Going away is what I'd love to do more than anything, but my love of pinball is proving stronger than I had imagined.
Waiting on a price for an unpopulated playfield.

Have you been emailing or phone?
I was largely ignored about my Metallica issues until I got someone on the phone.

#4229 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yes. Best $100 you'll spend on Iron Maiden.

Well, after the mode tree

Also, the pop plastics look great

Honourable mention to the Stern side blades. Very well done

20190404_140420 (resized).jpg20190404_140430(1) (resized).jpg
#4231 6 months ago

I hope we see some nice castle blades for BK3

#4240 6 months ago

The waviness will mostly be in the backing paper but I still lay mine out for a few days first. Straighter is easier to manage.

#4246 6 months ago

Dont do anything until someone else confirms this but I would imagine it has to go on the right based on the pins wired

#4258 6 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

OK ... so I can't get enough of this game and was looking at the stern flyer for the premium
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/IMDN-PREM.pdf
Where do I find the CPU mounted line-out audio connector and the other features listed?[quoted image]

I'm not sure if it's the same for premiums but I was told the line out is hit or miss on Maiden (pro) and is consistent in newer games. I ask my distro to open one for me to look inside. No line out in the display model. My Maiden (pro) also has no line out. I bought a pinnovators sub kit. Easiest mod in the world.

#4302 6 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

There may be different grammar instruction in American, but the English grammar is correct.

Canadians use British spelling and grammar up here....
You are incorrect.
Pharoah's = belonging to the Pharoah
Pharoahs' = belonging to a group of Pharoahs
1 point for our American friend.

If you're going to grammar police, you should know your own laws

#4304 6 months ago

Americans just have a grudge against the letter U.
Flavour, labour, colour. Anything in that ballpark and the U gets kicked out. Not sure why.

#4307 6 months ago

The amount of times I've drained ball 3 only to have it then tell me cyborg is ready is sad. One more shot? Really? I've probably missed out on an collected cyborg MB as many times as I've actually gotten it. Maybe if the animations would keep up I'd have focused on the center ramp.

#4325 6 months ago

I've said it before but I had issues with my Metallica and was largely ignored until I got someone from Stern on the phone. Emails get ignored easily.

#4333 6 months ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yup that sounds like Stern, I have a playfield with a bunch of ghosting inserts, they wouldnt do a thing for me. Told me it was normal.

I had some ghosted inserts on my MET. They are sending me a new populated playfield and sent me an autographed translite in the meantime. Just stay persistent. Good luck

#4376 6 months ago

No but I want one lpl

#4392 6 months ago

Has anyone found these necessary? I was wondering if they seem to be needed further down the road or something. Mine seems to register everything fine but it's only 4mo. old huo

#4441 5 months ago

^^^I liked the beast better^^^

#4477 5 months ago

I cant remember who I bought them from right now but I've got ice blue in the sling area and yellow pop bumpers. Looks great.

20190430_234507 (resized).jpg20190430_234520 (resized).jpg20190430_234526 (resized).jpg
#4488 5 months ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

Maybe not for everyone, but fun as hell to play ... a little teaser ...

Oh God.
Eddie will find you for that one.

#4492 5 months ago

I'd like to see a radio mode like Metallica has in one of the updates.

1 week later
#4534 5 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

Anyone added an external sub to their IM? Did you use crocodile clips on the cab sub lugs, did it improve things?
Cheers.

Pinnovators sub kit. Inexpensive, easy install, clean look, great sound.

#4561 5 months ago

Owning a pro and having recently played a premium. I find the premium a bit easier to play. It's easier to hit the clairvoyant and it's way easier to start modes etc. in the underworld than hitting the sphinx target.

#4591 5 months ago

You are missing the most essential maiden mod. Vireland's colored mode tree seems like an item that should have been factory. Looking at a stock white maiden seems wrong. Color coded modes for the win

20190518_110546 (resized).jpg
#4593 5 months ago

I have the mode tree and the fireball loop. Not a fan of the eddie cards and the mummy already makes sense to me on white. Something for everyone's taste but the mode tree should be in every maiden

#4627 4 months ago

The ability to lock balls during Mummy or getting a 4 ball Trooper is pretty cool to. Maybe I'm missing something on the pro here.

You can get the 4 ball trooper on a pro as well

#4674 4 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I bought a Stern Shaker and I really like it. I have a coin taker in my MET Pre and hate it so it's disconnected. I should probably sell it...

I have a stern shaker in my maiden and I'm on my 2nd stern shaker in Metallica. (1st one was replaced) All 3 started squeaking after about 2 mo. of home use. Not bad but worth mentioning

#4690 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Well, unlock Run to the Hills and that becomes a permanent song choice in the game.

Its always a choice. I havent made it there yet but its readily available. (I had to cheat at Metallica to unlock End of the Line permanently)

#4702 4 months ago
Quoted from RGAires:

I would like to know if someone else feels the bottom right flipper lack a bit of strenght, already order a new coils and the coil sleeve, changed the strenght to hard, any other thing to look? im missing something? What is your degree pitch?

I keep mine around 6.5-6.6 and I'm hitting loops no problem.

#4705 4 months ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Upper right flipper is very nice, the lower one is the problem...

My mistake. No noticable issues with any of my flippers.

#4719 4 months ago

I like the pro. Too much power slave in the premium for me. I'd go LE if it were in my budget though.

2 weeks later
#4800 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I wonder why Iron Maiden doesn't have a Midnight Madness mode...?

It would go off at 11:58

#4801 4 months ago

Some things I would like to see in the next code update.
-Jukebox mode
-Better ball recognition in the orbit. (Too often I shoot the right orbit and the shoot right back up the left orbit but the game cant tell)
-the loop extra ball at a more reasonable number (maybe 25?) My loop record is only 24 so either i suck at loops or 50 is overly ambitious unless you are Keith Elwin.
-added code to icarus as its the only mode I really dislike playing
-more tracks possibly

#4803 4 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

- Plus, you don’t have to play the mode if you don’t choose and can progress towards other EDDIE cards if you choose too. Unless of course you’re going for RTTH, if that’s the case, good luck

I am always going for 2m2m. I agree that icarus wouldnt be so bad if the game didnt already force you to shoot ramps so much to progress. I dont see the mode progression changing so its icarus that needs some rethinking imo. It also doesnt tie into any interesting themes like some of the other modes try (shooting planes, correcting ship's course, breaking the chains, etc) Maybe it's just me. I just never enjoy icarus like the others. I try to do icarus with mummy MB but then I just focus on mummy and get the ramps that come along with that mode.

#4820 4 months ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Feature adjustment n13.... Set the loop to 30, much more balance like this i guess.

My OCD wont let me change it if it's not factory setting. Other than free play mode and turning off the screaching "knockers", I go all factory.

#4854 3 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Too funny. I went through all the effort swap those fugly red bulbs out for warm white ones. Much better, doesn't wash out the PF and plastics colors around them and is still plenty "dark" for Fear of the Dark mode.
Each to their own...

Stern must have accidentally ordered too many red bulbs. It seems like each new release has more and more of them. I'm not a fan. They wash out the art and are just hard on the eyes. At least most red lights can be swapped out if the owner likes. They could be tied into the boards.

#4870 3 months ago

Mine was 95%+ for the first 6mo.
Only just lately has it been more like 10%
I clean regularly so its likely just the coil.

1 week later
#4941 3 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

How Many modes in IM? Reading up on it before I get mine. It looks like 2 you can get when you start playing and spell Eddie. Saw several multiballs. Is there a mode start shot for later modes or does it change ?

Spell Eddie to get to each mode and ultimately get to 2 minutes to midnight. Shots reduce after completing 2 modes.
Mariner start with one ball. Hit the lit shot (Pharoah) to get a second and the clairvoyant to get a third.
Ace High is a 2 ball. More ball can be added by hitting lit shots/airplanes

Collect mummy for 2 ball mb. More balls can be added by hitting all lit shots.

Hit lock drop, pharaoh, then orbits for trooper mb. Hit a jackpot then "fire the cannon" up the middle for a third ball.

Collect all triangles on playfield (left side of your screen) for Cyborg mb. Again, shoot lit shots (triangle) for add a balls.

I'm sure I've left something out or made some mistake. (I just woke up) That should hold you over and get you most of the basics though.

#4949 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

If you're doing that, you're missing most of the points. The lit skill shot is the worst point option available at ball launch. Go for one of many super secret skill shots to get up to 20 million instead of 1 million.

Unless its later in the game and you would rather take the free letter than hit the ramps

2 weeks later
#5037 88 days ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'll be seeing them in Toronto in a few weeks, its been many years since I last saw them live.

Friday or Sat? I have tix to Friday nd will likely be a the pint to play some pinball prior to the show

1 week later
#5067 81 days ago

Has anyone here installed those little plastic blinders for the loop opto? Do they work? My game is only registering about 2/3 of the loops when they get going fast.
I can hit about 5-6 in a row now but I sometimes collect as little as 3.

#5076 81 days ago

Does someone on here sell the opto blinders or should I just check the usual suspects online?

1 week later
#5140 74 days ago

6 must be super floaty. I keep mine at or just above 6.5 but I know many keep this game at 7

#5141 74 days ago

Check that the back of your playfield is level left to right. Anytime my plunge seems off, it usually is fixed with a simple leg adjustment

#5151 72 days ago

3rd back from the front of Maiden tonight

#5155 72 days ago

Close enough that I snagged a drumstick

20190809_233916 (resized).jpg
#5158 72 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Guess I have to join the club now![quoted image]

I came home and played mine

20190809_210430(2) (resized).jpg20190809_224444 (resized).jpg20190809_210928 (resized).jpg20190809_211203 (resized).jpg
#5163 70 days ago

Is this just if your maiden doesnt have a post in this area? (Mine does)
Does it improve the clunkiness of the upper loop at all?
I'm looking to order the opto kit but I dont think i need this part.

#5168 69 days ago

What does the shatz-able cross in the lower left do? Thanks

#5182 67 days ago

Dammit.
I just went to mezel to order the loop kit and of course they are sold out. Pretty sure they were in stock when I looked at them 48hrs ago.
Does anyone know another seller I can order from?

#5184 67 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Just adjust the opto (the real fix IMHO) or just use a piece of tape. That "mod" made me laugh my ass off. Hold my beer, there's an Eskimo at the door who wants to buy some ice...

And the loop adjuster? I'm hoping it helps with the clunkiness of the inner orbit.
You must live somewhere hot. Of course he wants to buy some ice. Its August lol

#5196 66 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm assuming you mean this thing:
[quoted image]
I can't see how you'd need something like this. The inner loop is a tight and tough shot. If you don't hit it perfectly, the ball won't go around, no matter how many mods you stick in the game. Once you get that shot down, it goes way smoother. I've nailed I think 6 in a row until the spinner f'ed up the return. I nail two or three in a row almost every game, and I'm mod-free!
IMHO, no one needs these mods. It took me 15 minutes to fix my opto issue.

I meant that I thought it helped round out the inner loop to make successful loops smoother. Its got that thud again the right side when loops are made. Every machine I've played does the same clunk. Just hoped it was to smooth that out

#5207 66 days ago

What are all the possible ways to earn tomb treasures? Lately I seem to be getting at least one per game for reasons unknown to me. Thanks.

#5208 66 days ago

Was playing a great game last night, had revive lit, left outlane drain, game over.
Took the glass off to check it out. Damn switch issue. Worst timing I've had for a faulty switch. I'll open her up today.

#5217 64 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Here's what I'm using[quoted image]

I wanted to do the same thing but our tickets were on our phones. Everyone apparantly because i couldnt even find a stub on the ground

I mean, I could try to cram the drumstick I caught in there somewhere I guess lol. Damn you modern technology

#5231 62 days ago
Quoted from BobC:

Protector questions...
Has anybody installed the big on the Pharaoh face protector to stave off damage from jump ramp shots?
I'm not sure I've ever seen damage in that area on any of the pins I played but I haven't really looked that closely
Also regarding putting mylar behind at jump ramp where balls falling chew up the wood...
I noticed my premium seems to have some metal down there on the playfield (looks like only about half the width of the lane for some reason?)
Is that a problem on the premiums or just a pro where the wood gets damaged from balls dropping there?
Thanks!
BobC

I installed the Pharoah protector day one. I was already placing an order and the protector was $15 so why not? High impact area. Easy install. Not noticeable once installed. Cant hurt.

#5235 62 days ago

Where do you get the protector?

Mezel. I also got the Pharoah blinders. Good product. Avoid the garbage "gels" they sell for the mode tree though. Get the Vireland mod instead

#5241 61 days ago
Quoted from Pinmasher:

The protector that your thinking of is from Mezel mods.

There are two separate conversations going on. One about the Pharoah protector from mezel, the other the metal orbit protector from more recent stern runs.

#5257 61 days ago

For the Pharaoh protector though, what is involved in that installation?

As long as you have a variety of screwdriver lengths it is easy. Remove the screws on the Pharoah. There are a couple hard to get to ones. (unless you want to start taking more of the machine apart).
Put the protector on and put the screws back in. Maybe 15min of work because of the awkward screws.

#5280 60 days ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Anyone know what build date they started adding the protector?

Mine is built Dec. 2018 and doesnt have one.

#5290 59 days ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Just received the upgrade kit from Pinball Life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html
For those who have installed it - where did you put those 2 opto pieces? There's two of the loop opto units (and then two individual optos on each one of them), did you put one of the opto pieces on each loop opto unit or did you put both of them on just one of the loop opto units?
If you put one on each, did you put them on the outer or inner opto?
Basically I've got 2 pieces and 4 possible places to put them, just wondering what places were the most optimal to install them.

A piece of black tape over the bottom half of the optos seems to work best btw.
Either way you are looking to cover one of the optos for each set (the ones with 3 wires)

2 weeks later
#5372 45 days ago

Put up two 400k+ games this morning including my personal best. I also got my first lvl2 trooper card today. Everything is coming up Milhouse!
I still don't think I've ever gotten a mummy card. I know what to do in theory (spinner, captive ball, repeat) but I'm just not doing it when it counts I guess.

20190906_092759 (resized).jpg
#5387 43 days ago

Finished all the modes but didnt hit 2m2m (collected Fotd soul shard)
Trooper mb x2 (lvl1 card collected)
Mummy mb x3 (lvl 1card collected)
Cyborg mb completed (lvl 1)
I was excited to break my high score but also bummed at how close I had finally made it to battling the beast. Just a shot or two more to start 2m2m and I'd have been there. New personal best though.
20190907_181809 (resized).jpg

#5392 42 days ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Almost got 1.5 B. Crushed Cyborg Multiball. Had 3x play field going. WOOOOHOOOO [quoted image][quoted image]

Any cyborg tips? I make it to cyborg fairly frequently now but I never score very well. I think my cyborg high score is about 60m

#5397 41 days ago

Finally put up a new GC (700M) after figuring out how to use the pf multiplier a bit.
Now, if I could just figure out how to complete Mummy MB!

I went from.never having earned a mummy last week to earning one often. Once you get the hang of it and realize your progress continues on your next mummy mb it's pretty simple.
X amount of switch hits then the captive ball until mummy is collected again. Either shoot for the spinner then the captive ball or play how you are used to but remember to keep an eye on and hit the captive ball when possible.
Whatever letters you collect will still be lit when you make it back into mummy mb.

#5402 41 days ago

I can get to 2M2M more easily, so definitely need a new strategy.

Damn, I almost never make it to 2m2m. Maybe 4 times. I have often made it through all the modes but game over before collecting eddie again. (Those last few times spelling eddie are a lot of ramps) I really need to nail down the revive spinner still.

#5405 40 days ago
Quoted from jardine:

Added this mod the other day!! So glad!! Fits perfectly in an open spot and love the propella spinning!!
Slow mo video: [quoted image][quoted image]

What art blades do you have? I have the Stern ones which are very similar to yours but no tanks or jetpacks. Pre battle art blades? Here is a poor picture of mine at a similar angle.
20190911_000848 (resized).jpg

#5409 40 days ago

Can you post a pic of the blades from an angle where most of it can be seen.
Was thinking to order a set.

Here is what they look like on the game.

20190911_073348 (resized).jpg20190911_073359 (resized).jpg20190911_073416 (resized).jpg
#5433 39 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

How do you have contacted stern ? I have asked on the stern website... No answer
With facebook messenger... No answer....
Thanks,
Yannick

Try a phone. Geez.
708 345 7700
^^from the website^^
I googled Stern customer service. Took 20 seconds.

#5442 38 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am cleaning my game after only about 200 plays since it was last cleaned and it is absolutely filthy with black rubber. Could Stern have used any cheaper rubbers than they did on this game? I have got to get these off of the game fast!

Titans before my first game was played. I had my Metallica for 6mo before switching over and now I order titans before a new game even gets in my home.

#5444 37 days ago

On second photo, what is that screw hole for[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It should have a washer and small screw to prevent the button collar from backing off.

#5462 32 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Just started really getting back into playing my maiden, have a rules question. After all 5 modes are complete, do you have to spell eddie again to start 2mtm? I had the best game of my life, not the best score, just progress, ive never played 2mtm. I had 3 eddie cards, and was on my last mode (fotd) and had 3 seconds left. Was i 3 seconds from hitting 2mtm or no? If i was im gunna be really pissed!!!

You were 5 more ramps and the center ramp away. You have to collect Eddie all over again. I make it to this point a couple times a month but only have made it to 2m2m maybe 4 times.

#5464 32 days ago

My big piss off was having cyborg, mummy and trooper collected and being 2 shots from 2m2m. I never thought I would EVER battle the beast but now I know it is within my grasp.....eventually.

#5467 31 days ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

You can change the settings so that after your 5th mode you have 2mtm ready to go at the ramp, rather than having to hit 5 ramps

But that's cheating

#5497 29 days ago

What are the various ways to collect tomb treasures? I usually get 2 or 3. I've never made it past 4.
-Collecting soul shards
-Collecting loop jackpot (does this apply to all loop jackpot completions or just the first one? Hard to keep track)
-Collecting Eddie cards? If so, also lvl 2 cards?

#5498 29 days ago

While I'm asking questions, what are the prerequisites for the add a ball in Mariner and Aces High? I know to hit the clairvoyant orb target for add a ball but I dont know when it's ready and sometimes waste my time shooting for a nothing shot.

#5505 28 days ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Had some time today to add a few nice mods to my Pro:
First off, switched 4 of the white GI bulbs in the slings/Outlanes to red. It’s what the premium has and the code for the light shows are nearly identical, so happy with how this turned out.
The other thing I did was a song change. Changed Can I Play with Madness to Where Eagles Dare, and dang was that a sweet idea. Definitely recommend[quoted image]

I've been thinking of swapping out can I play with madness and wasted years for something silly. I dont particularly like those songs and unlike my Metallica, they arent tied into a bunch of other modes or anything. I'm leaning toward some classic video game music. So far I'm thinking Ken's theme from Street Fighter and Greenhill zone from Sonic. Those 2 would only fill one slot so I'd have other options but i like old game music so at least a little bit.

#5520 27 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wasted Years is one of the coolest intro songs to a wizard mode ever in pinball! I couldn’t imagine anything replacing it.
Can I play with madness. Fully agree that song can go. May have to try where eagles dare too. That could be a nice pinball soundtrack bonus.

Which wizard mode uses Wasted years? I assumed battle the beast was number of the beast and run to the hills was, well, run to the hills.

#5524 26 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Cyborg Multiball is Wasted Years. And I agree with Eskaybee that a different song just wouldn't sound right with that intro.

Crap, you are right. Good catch. I dont want to take anything out that is tied into gameplay so....
This is why I dont change my Metallica even though I cant stand half of the tracks they chose to use. They are heavily tied into the game. Samples are taken from almost all songs.

#5537 20 days ago

I dont know if this is common knowledge but I didnt know until tonight.
If you are going for the super skill shot and you hit the mini loop prior to hitting the target, it will light 3x playfield multiplier instead of 2x.

#5540 20 days ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Joined the club over the weekend and now have to travel all this week for work. By the time I get home my kids will have high scores I will likely never beat. I should have left the legs off until I got home. Still happy to be in the club!

Pull the fuses lol

#5543 17 days ago

I would love if the next code update implemented a mode lock (thinking TFTC)
Hitting the spinner until you collect Eddie changes modes. It would be cool to be able to lock a mode in somehow though if it's a mode you are after. It would add another (small) layer to the strategy of the game. Maybe hitting the orb or even the tournament button could.lock/unlock a mode. Idk, I've just been enjoying TFTC lately and could see that aspect working for Maiden as well.

#5546 14 days ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone answer the following questions please?
Does this shaker work in the game? I've heard guys having issues with the shaker activating the slam tilt. Is that still an issue?
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
What mirror blades work for this game? Will these work even thought they say they are for Stern DMD?
https://cointaker.com/products/stern-mirror-blades

I've installed a Stern shaker in Metallica (SAM)
and Iron Maiden (Spike2).
The Spike2 kit came with an extra bit to install to prevent the issue you are referring to.
I've never had a problem with either.

Correction. My first one in my Metallica squeaked horribly from day one. My distributor gave me a new one and it's been perfect.

#5562 10 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I've had my Pro since March, and have put on about 300 plays. NO IDEA why I just thought about it now, and then went and checked, but I don't have any attract mode? Looked under settings and didn't find any. What am I missing?

??
So what does it do when you arent playing it?

#5564 10 days ago

There isnt sound in attract mode (unless you push a button). It shows you how to play, some clips of someone playing a supreme, tour dates and high scores. You dont get these?

#5566 10 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

There isnt sound in attract mode (u less you push a button). It shows you how to play, some clips of someone playing a supreme, tour dates and high scores. You dont get these?

1 week later
#5589 2 days ago

Why doesnt my game have an interlock? 2018 run pro. It seems weird and less safe.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider graysonsdad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside