So, I just became a pinsider and started my collection! Thought I would start with the best.
Got a Pro from Operation Pinball....gave really good service and I don't know how Fedex did it, but I sent a wire for payment Monday, and it was shipped the same day from Iowa, and got to my front door at 11:30 am on Wednesday to Boise, Idaho. Operation Pinball was great to work with (always texted me right back, fast shipping, etc).
I've been reading/lurking the forum for a while so knew what to expect when getting a NIB, but even for a first timer, it was a breeze. Hardest part was getting it up the stairs.
Got this AFMRLE on Monday locally, so now its not lonely.
I also have some goodies in the mail that I got a great deal on:
1. Stern HD glass
2. Stern shaker
3. Stern Headphone kit
4. Eddie figures from the Premium version
5. Ball Baron Ninjas
6. Some Mylar to put down on suspect areas.
I still need to get a subwoofer...trying to decide between 2 Polk PSW10, or run both pins to 1 Polk PSW10, or...maybe get a better subwoofer to share between them...not sure. Need to do some more research on it.
Also planning on probably getting an illuminated spitfire from lermods to brighten up the middle PF.
I also read through the 55 pages of this thread (which took a while), and....now am sad because I might have to read through it again to refind some info.
1. Basically...one of the first things I noticed was the washed out art/plastics of the bottom PF from the Cool white LEDs. So I need to find what warm white (or other color) LEDs to use.
2.I also have to refind the info on adjusting the plunger, though that shouldn't be hard to find (google should find it no problem). Besides adjusting the plunger, I also feel my plunger is kind of "grindy" and not smooth? Like there isn't grease or oil on it? It just doesn't feel smooth when pulling it back.
3. The power supply fan is ridiculously loud.....I'll have to refind the replacement fan info that makes it quieter.
Some other initial thoughts:
4. Glass was dirty...like, "cloudy". It also had gray "dust" on the edges when I pulled it out, which I assume was just from the movement of the glass against rubber. Windex fixed that right up (I'll use sparkle on the HD glass).
5. The slings were way too powerful....turned them down to around 10. (from 35). Also moved the lower flippers to 'normal' instead of 'hard', which was the new software default.
6. I found it odd that the 1.05 software removed the option of allowing/not allowing music selection on each ball. Sometimes I'll accidentally move a flipper before plunging which changes the song. I can change the song back but then the song "resets" to the beginning.
Anyway...glad to be a new member of the community!