(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,901 posts
  • 552 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by aeneas
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,452 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

41C8CEAE-DDF3-487C-BBEC-D97177AB7442 (resized).jpeg
20200118_002307 (resized).jpg
5DCF1580-2DF3-4DD0-AF7F-11478C41198D.jpeg
IMG_6063 (resized).jpg
IMG_6062 (resized).jpg
20200108_220157 (resized).jpg
60013717168__CD22B853-FD28-40F1-8E34-94373A62C2A5 (resized).JPG
885F84ED-FC58-46FC-B7A3-16CA075105E0 (resized).jpeg
Anubis_Columns_with_Torches.gif
IMG_20191228_200616.jpg
Screenshot_20191224-140039 (resized).png
CD634BE5-33A4-4758-94DB-459125B728B4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191218_173453 (resized).jpg
E40626BA-08DB-41ED-BC9F-293DE1292F55 (resized).jpeg
Posts.pdf (PDF preview)
D06DFAF9-C9FA-4AE6-B41D-ECF13BAEAC89 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (1 year ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (1 year ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (1 year ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (1 year ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (8 months ago)

Post #5013 Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (6 months ago)

Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 months ago)

Post #5829 Sarcophagus dumps ball instead of locking problem area to check Posted by metallik (18 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#581 1 year ago

Just brought mine home last night. Just bashing away I seem to get a lot of multi balls and it's fun. I'm not sure how to start different modes yet. What does everyone think of code so far?

#631 1 year ago

Two questions

1. Should the auto plunge make the loop? Mine seems to hit the end of the little flipper. When I manually plunge it, no issues.

2. How are y'all hitting the super skill? I hold the left flipper. You have to then hit the shot with the little flipper? How do you feed that shot to that flipper in time?

#662 1 year ago

Flippers sure are loud. Does that annoy anyone else? It's a pretty f'ing loud/sharp clack clack noise.

#710 1 year ago

Between the lower left spinner and the left sling is a stand up target with a cross on it. What does that do? I've been meaning to take the glass off and trigger it to see what it does.
I don't know if I can hit it from my right flipper. Feels like the shot to the spinner is right off the end of the flipper.

#716 1 year ago

Shatzing? Never heard this term. How does this pass move work?

#760 1 year ago

For the super skill shot, when you hold the left flipper, is the top lane post supposed to pop up to stop the ball? Sometimes my launch continues all the way around and sometimes it drops back to the little flipper. Didn't know if its just a momentum thing or that post is supposed to stop it and send it back.

#775 1 year ago

Lifted my pf yesterday. Why does the underneath maybe bottom 1/3 portion have a weird clear coating painted on the wood?

#836 1 year ago

I'm an idiot. Never did a code update on a stern before. No instructions on their site.
I downloaded to my thumb drive.
What next?
I don't even see where to insert it in the backbox.

20180513_210716 (resized).jpg

#839 1 year ago

Well hell. Maybe I downloaded wrong. It just boots up normally.
I hit save as from sterns site.

#841 1 year ago

Ha. Got it. My 7yr old nephew makes fun of my lack of computer skills.
Thanks for helping this dumbass out.

Ok. Apparently I don't got it. I extracted the file. Now it shows this. Tried to install and the game still boots normally

20180513_215639 (resized).jpg

#868 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Hey give me a call if you still need help. I’m the guy at Allentown with the crazy pants. I’ll get you squared away.
Chad
302-228-8988

What's up crazy pants. hahaha. Those things gave me seizures.

#879 1 year ago

Only had 3 ramp shots left to complete all the power pyramids. Kept bricking the right ramp.

#898 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Did you get your game updated?

I did. appreciate everyone's help.

#934 1 year ago

Finally got cyborg tonight. This game is a rush when you rip into it.

20180516_230822 (resized).jpg

#942 1 year ago

easier and safer to backhand it.

2 weeks later
#1332 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

So I'm not an iron maiden fan... like... at all. And yet the game does look awesome. Anyone here think the theme can be sorta overlooked and still enjoy the game? I love Metallica and dont care about that theme either, mostly because the game focuses more on the things IN the game like snakes and sparky. Would you say it's the same thing here?

I think their music is like fingernails on a chalkboard but I bought one after I played it five times at Allentown. It's a fun game.

2 weeks later
#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

So I got my game finally. I love it. However, what is the deal the ramps? I can't hit them to save my life. They may as well be jackpot shots, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone else struggling with them or is it just me?

They sure aren't gimmies. I still can't get it through my head to flip that low on the right flipper to hit that left ramp.

#1535 1 year ago
20180630_185742 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1894 1 year ago

Good game for me. Last ball sucked.

20180725_173429 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#2525 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Aces High
Soul Shard goal: Destroy the Ace
Stage 1: destroy 4 fighters. Shoot any blue arrow shots to defeat a fighter.
Stage 2: defeat 2 bombers. Shoot a ramp to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot to destroy a bomber. Second bomber you need to hit the opposite ramp to lock on again.
Stage 3: defeat the ace. Shoot the strobing shot to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot within 5 seconds to destroy the ace.
Rime of the Ancient Mariner (On the Pro, not sure if it's different on the Prem)
Soul Shard goal: Collect the Port and Starboard (Super) Jackpots
Centre shot is lit to shoot down the albatross and collect a hurry-up counting down from 1M. Shoot centre shot to lock in this value as your MB Shot Value and start a 2-ball multiball.
During multiball, port (left) shots are lit. Each lit shot moves the cluster of shots towards the centre ramp. Once lit hit to collect port jackpot.
Then starboard (right) lights are lit. Hit shots to move cluster towards centre ramp. Again, hit lit centre ramp to collect starboard jackpot.
Flight of Icarus
Soul Shard goal: Collect at least 20 million
Shoot alternating lit ramps, scoring 1M (+250K increment for each ramp shot, lit or unlit). Combo ramps on a 5 second timer for incremental multiplied scoring (ex: 1st combo at 2x, 2nd at 3x, etc). A 5x combo totals 25mil. (Best use of playfield multiplier IMHO. 2x playfield only requires 4x combo (30mil). 3x playfield only requires a 3x combo (24mil).)
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Soul Shard goal: Break free
Complete objectives in order as quickly as possible.
Shoot any one orange arrow
Shoot the captive ball
Shoot another remaining orange arrow
Complete all of the drop targets
Shoot another remaining orange arrow
Shoot the centre ramp
Fear of the Dark
Soul Shard goal: Complete three spinner rips
Four shots are lit with purple arrows.
Completing any one of them lights the spinners
Hit either of the spinners to get back to 'purple mode'
Hit a spinner again
Repeat purple and spinner shot once more.
(After hitting a purple shot, shooting the right ramp (which stays lit purple) doubles the spinner value.
Revive spinner scores double the left orbit spinner.)
Collecting a soul shard lights tomb treasure.
Other ways of lighting the tomb treasure are (in order of difficulty?):
Collect a Loop jackpot
Trooper Jackpot
Mummy Jackpot
Level 3 mystery - AFTER 2 minutes to midnight
Complete No. of the Beast
6 Way Combo
Lvl 2 of each Eddie Card!
You must complete 10 (out of 12) different objectives to light 10 tomb awards and qualify Run to the Hills.
FWIW - I've collected tomb treasures from 9 different objectives, just not all on the same game.
Aces seems to be the hardest of the modes for me, I've only managed it once.

That beats my strategy of flipping aimlessly hoping to hit a flashing light.

3 weeks later
#2760 1 year ago

Went down for one game and this just happened

20181021_193428 (resized).jpg20181021_193504 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Also if anyone has changed their rubbers, I'd like to see how it looks if you have pics. I haven't decided on a colour yet.

I did orange

#2994 1 year ago
20181115_194940 (resized).jpg
#2998 1 year ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

How are you finding the post sleeves? Did you order stern slim? I'm apprehensive swapping the post sleeves as I've heard the tapered factory sleeve help minimize airballs. Have you noticed an increase in airballs? So far I've just picked flippers and slings. I may opt to leave much of it stock if it is affecting gameplay.
Did you do red sleeves at the right ramp or is it my eyes?

They are all orange. Just a crap photo. I haven't notice any more airballs, but the new rubbers do seem to be putting more spin on the ball.

#2999 1 year ago

What is the reason the both ends under the playfield have this shiny/glazed coating? Bare wood in the middle.

20181115_194118 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3083 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There are two animations for Fear of the dark. The one you seen doesnt come up very often but you can change it in the settings to where it will play like 25% of the time i believe.
The guy walking and being chased is Keith Elwin. He speeds up if you nail the spinner. Its an awesome animation and i wish it played it 100% of the time.

How do you have time to look up and see that while playing?

1 month later
#3445 1 year ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

Run To the Hills caught on video:

Wonder what slope that pin is set at? Mine is so damn fast it's nearly unplayable. I've been raising it/lowering it and just can't get it dialed in. Even set the flippers to soft. Makes no difference. I lower it and the balls fly off ramps, I raise it and it's just as fast.

#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Same here - the game is supposed to be set up at 7.x pitch, right? That is so fast I can barely keep up, much less actually complete many of the modes!

I've had my rear legs all the way down to all the way up and everywhere in between. It's mach5 at every pitch.

#3466 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The game was designed to be played at 6.5 degrees. I had a right ramp where the ball was flying off maybe 4 times out of ten, Stern sent me a new one and has been fine ever since.

If you need to raise the pitch of the game to have it play correctly, you aren't fixing the issue. My game is at 6.5 and everything works as it should. If you've dialed the game in while it was pitched higher, you will probably have to dial most things in again.

It's funny, people think raising the pitch makes the game harder because it feels faster. Usually, not every game, but usually raising the pitch of the game makes it easier. Raising the back decreases the amount of side to side action so the game usually won't side drain as often.

I took the orange rubbers off that i had put on and went back to stock. Set it at 6.5 and it seems better now. Too bad, the orange rubbers looked great.

1 month later
#3819 11 months ago

Is Icarus the mode where you just hit left ramp/right ramp...repeat? How do you finish that mode?

These ramps are a bitch for me to hit consistently.

5 months later
#5087 5 months ago
20190801_172157 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#5341 4 months ago
Quoted from pickleric:

On head2head podcast.
Shooter rod wasn’t intended to originally go around the loop, only hit the target skill shot.

Sounds like an excuse for a poor design. Why would there be a super skill shot for that particular shot?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Sale Pending!
Rapid City, SD
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside