(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#926 5 years ago

Hey everyone - I'm in the club today! Got a great deal on a Pro that was only used at MGC. Only played a couple of games so far (I'm working....), but it's awesome!

20180516_160629 (resized).jpg20180516_160629 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1104 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

This is a cool list, but on the LE (and I think the premium) fear of the dark dims the White GI so you are left with just red. It’s awesome and deserves some credit!

I've read many people don't like the red GI.

1 week later
#1249 5 years ago

You just got it yesterday and already have over 500M? I've had it for almost a month and mine is about 230M... I suck at pinball. :'(

1 week later
#1396 5 years ago

I have a Pro, and the auto-plunger usually shoots the ball all the way around the loop. However when I manually plunge, I'm lucky if it gets to the top of the loop where it falls down and rolls to the upper-left flipper - I can hit it roughly 50-60% of the time. However I thought I read other people talking about plunging in a way that doesn't make it go all the way around the loop - something I can never do.

Is there something I should be doing with the manual plunger to make it better? Or is this how it's supposed to be?

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I just got the "classic" fear of the dark animation. Awesome! Is there something that triggers it, or is it just random?

I had that happen a couple of days ago too - don't know why - and it made me laugh. I hope it stays!

#1426 5 years ago

-deleted-double post- (sorry!)

1 week later
#1463 5 years ago

I got my first Cyborg Multiball a couple of days ago - what a rush! Not sure when I'll get to NOTB though... I don't think I've ever had more than 2 Eddie cards.

#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I think Iron Maiden looks good in this lineup too And this, IMO, is the best Stern pin ever made. And I've owned a lot of great ones over the years (LOTR, ACDC Prem, SM, IM, TSPP)

That picture really shows how much brighter the backbox is on IMDN vs. the other machines...

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

The backbox light is adjustable at three points. In attract mode, in play and when in the portal. All adjustable in adjustments. I have my attract and in play brightness at 80. Defaults are 100.

Thanks, just adjusted mine down to 50% for now!

Also, I love how I still haven't heard all of the callouts (maybe there's new ones in 1.01?). Today I heard two:
1) Hallowed be thy drain
2) That was a cheap drain

Kinda cool.

#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Seeing scores posted here reminds me that I am a terrible, terrible player.
Don't care though, since the game is fun even when I suck at it.

Yeah, I'm right there with you on both counts....

#1595 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

What hurts me the most about this game is the outlane drains.

Have you moved the outlane posts to make them smaller? I have the left outlane closed and it helps a lot - still drains, but they don't feel as cheap (usually lol). I left the right outlane default because it didn't feel as bad to me, but you should look into both.

#1614 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What happened to the coin door ball save adjustment? I can’t find it in the settings. Is it no longer a feature for spike games?

What's the coin door ball save?

#1627 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did they take the Fear of the Dark animations away that shows Keith running from eddie or the monster, whatever it is? He said it was going to be pulled but i think that is funny as shit and id like to see it left in there. If he doesn't want it to be him, they should put Gary in his place.

They mostly did... But I did see it pop up once (I saw another Pinsider post that he saw it as well), so it must still be there and can come up at random I guess. (not sure about with the latest 1.02 code -- I saw it with either 1.0 or 1.01, I can't remember which).

#1642 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Seems that the only ones saying a pro is more fun to play are the ones that already own a pro justifying the purchase.

I played a Pro and an LE on location. I ended up with a Pro, partly because I got a great deal, but also because while the extra features seemed kinda cool, they kept breaking down on location and I didn't think they added enough compared to the potential hassle. They were nice -- but not 50% more cost nice, IMHO.

#1721 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I also replaced the glass with High Definition Anti-Reflection playfield glass (Not in photo).

I've been thinking about doing this, but have never seen it in person so spending $400 is a tough pill to swallow. However, I find there's a lot of glare, making shots from the upper-left flipper a little more difficult. Have you found it a good upgrade? What glass did you use?

#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I got my last four plus pieces from Marco Specialties https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6845-00.
They had the best price when you add the shipping cost. The last time I bought two pieces and the shipping was only $9.99 total.

Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

You should be able to get the Stern anti-reflective glass for around $250.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4558

Oh, that's a little cheaper than I thought I saw before... Thanks!

Now the question - do you think it makes a big difference on IMDN?

#1743 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The biggest thing you can do to deal with glare on SPIKE games like IMDN is turn down the backbox lighting to 10% during gameplay and also turn off any direct overhead lighting in the room. I also have one of those bent plastic thingies to reduce glare from the LCD display. Glare is really a non-issue on my game and the $250 could be better spent elsewhere in your gameroom. Also, changing the GI LED's to warm white instead of cool white makes the game's lighting a lot easier on the eyes.

I already play with the lights off and the BG turned down - is probably around 10% but will have to check.

What's the "bent plastic thingee" you're referring to? Most of the glare is from the LCD so sounds like it could help.

#1750 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Was the ability to turn off switching songs between balls removed from the options? I have searched and cannot seem to find it. If it's still there, can someone point me to it?

Yeah, they removed it in 1.01 for some stupid reason... I hate not having the ability to lock it in like Metallica.

#1754 5 years ago

One trick I found is to save the Mummy multiball until you start one of the modes - that way you have some protection if you miss a shot and drain a ball.

Hopefully others have better tips because I'm far from good myself lol

#1810 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Anyone close up their outlanes. I dont know what it is but ive never had a game eat the ball so much with outlane drains and no amount of nudging seems to work

I closed the left outlane but left the right outlane alone. Most of my frustrating drains are on the left anyway. It hasn't completely removed the drains, but has made the game more fun for me.

#1813 5 years ago

When playing today, I heard a unique (to me) callout: "It's almost 5 o'clock." It WAS 4:59pm at the time, so it was accurate... Was it based on the actual time? Or is that an Iron Maiden reference I don't get? Anyone else heard that before?

Ironically, I also had my first 300M point game too! Had Cyborg Multiball for the 2nd time, and this time I was hitting a ton of shots to get a bunch of bonuses - the light show was awesome! Maybe I always need to play right before 5pm....

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It's a maiden reference from hallowed be thy name that gets called out in that mode. "Cuz at 5 o'clock they take me to the gallows pole"

Ahhh, thanks! I thought it might've been an Easter egg for whatever reason.

#1841 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Advice for those plugging up the outlanes due to excessive draining: sell your machine and buy an original Nintendo and one game: Contra.
Here's the secret: up+down+up+down+left+right+left+right+B+A+Start.
Not only will this save you significant money, but you will be even better at something with even less effort.
On a side note, I'm now offering legitimate online master's degrees. No prerequisites! No homework! Get that job you've always dreamed about! PM for details.

What a stupid post. I bought my IMDN from the owner of Tilt in Minneapolis (http://tiltpinballbar.com/), and he said the first thing he did with his location pin was to close the outlanes because there were too many drains taking away the fun. I tried it open for a couple of weeks before I agreed and closed the left.

1 week later
#1919 5 years ago

Anyone hear anything about an official topper yet? I recall seeing it was added to the code recently but haven't seen anything about the topper itself. How long do they normally take to release? (Noting that Star Wars still doesn't have one so maybe the answer is, "forever?").

#1985 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I just ordered 6.
I have a couple of knucklehead questions. First, where in the menu can I find what code I'm running?

Not sure in the menu, but it tells you on the display when you first boot.

2 weeks later
#2235 5 years ago
Quoted from Oxidus:

There are a lot of possibilities to get a skillshot, super skillshot or different hidden super skillshots.
However, a full plunge is designed to get completely around the loop to the upper right flipper. Just play with the strength of the plunger and find out which different types of skillshots this great game offers.

That's interesting because a full plunge never goes all the way around the loop for me -- it always goes to the upper-left flipper... Well, when it actually gets in the loop and doesn't hit the post... I've practically given up on Super Skill shots at this point because the manual plunger doesn't work for the super -- but the auto plunger works about 95% of the time, which appears to be rare, so I don't want to mess with it since that's used far more often.

#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Awesome!
Get prepared for the “which is better - MET or IMDN?”, questions that will soon come.

That's a tough question. I have both as qell and I find I keep going back and forth between the two.

1 week later
#2380 5 years ago

Why? I always do Full with validation... And then go play Metallica while it's updating. Is that a complete waste?

1 month later
#2746 5 years ago

Welcome to the club!

Quoted from Gogdog:

6. I found it odd that the 1.05 software removed the option of allowing/not allowing music selection on each ball. Sometimes I'll accidentally move a flipper before plunging which changes the song. I can change the song back but then the song "resets" to the beginning.
Anyway...glad to be a new member of the community![quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, this REALLY annoys me. I have no idea why they'd remove the feature.

3 weeks later
#2873 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Can someone point me to a rules write up? The playfield isn't very intuitive (or maybe it's me!) But I'm trying to understand how the song selection works in conjunction with the playfield song inserts or if they're related at all. After playing several games after set up, I was able to light up several of the song inserts but have no idea how I did it haha
Also, how does the center eye take the beating of a metal ball hitting it over and over?

If you're asking about the INITIAL song selection (before you plunge ball 1), it has no impact on the game - it's just your background music.

2 weeks later
#3023 5 years ago

I went pro because the ramp and the lock seem to have issues, at least on the LE I played. Seemed like it was always broken and I didn't want to deal with it so went pro.

#3049 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Ok so I am picking up a nib premium tomorrow or Thursday depending on time. What are must haves as far as protectors and anything that may better the gameplay. I’ll work on deco mods soon but want the things I should definitely should have on order ASAP.
Thx

This is a must-have in my book:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod

#3079 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

COOL!!, for some reason i thought it was after the end of game sequence.....well, before the Match animation anyway but it musn't have been.

No, you might be right -- I know I saw that animation once before I even started a game. Haven't seen it there since, but it happened at least once.

2 weeks later
#3315 5 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I just called Stern. They said that the Aces High topper sold out, but they expect more around the 1st of the year.

Wow, they sold all 3 of them?

#3325 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

This game rocks! Leave with your balls gone..

I like "flight of brickerus".

#3390 5 years ago

Installed the Anuba and torches mod - looks great! And then I had my best game EVER!!! The same thing happened after installing the colorered mode mod... Apparently aesthetic mods help me play better! Lol

IMG_20181226_173158 (resized).jpgIMG_20181226_173158 (resized).jpgIMG_20181226_175027 (resized).jpgIMG_20181226_175027 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#4605 4 years ago

The Egypt topper looks really cool... But $400? It doesn't look that cool, unfortunately.

#4607 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's like $50 in materials, if that. I hate these newer toppers Stern is putting out that are so basic. Game of Thrones' topper was epic, Batman'66 was pretty nice, but they're getting worse, not better as they go.
Maybe Star Wars' topper will change my mind IF it ever gets approved for release. Crazy that there's still no official topper for it.

Exactly. I'd pay maybe $100-$150 for the Egypt topper for IMDN, but that's it.

I've never seen the GOT or Batman toppers -- have to check Youtube now.

1 week later
#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Anyone add a Pinball Life Shaker Motor to a PRO?
I just installed a shaker in my GOT Premium and it's ok.
Trying to see if it's worth it for the Iron Maiden Pro

I bought a Stern Shaker and I really like it. I have a coin taker in my MET Pre and hate it so it's disconnected. I should probably sell it...

2 weeks later
#4767 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Another strategy: hit both ramps to add a ball. Cradle two on left one on right. Send right ball into bumpers via the revive spinner. Then smack the orb. Repeat. This helps light revive and gets a lot of switch hits.

Easier said than done... I can't hit the revive spinners with any consistency. . Do I just need to play better or is it a tough shot?

7 months later
#6066 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

On my Pro, I have noticed that I do not always get credit for lighting EDDIE letters when hitting the left orbit shot (to the left of the mummy captive ball). I haven't noticed any problems with getting credit for orbit shots though (still get spinner hits/orbits/ball lock etc. just sometimes no eddie letter). Is this a bug or is there something that needs adjusted on my game?

Are you sure the arrow is flashing? After spelling Eddie 2 or 3 times, the shots required to light it reduce and I think that orbit is one of them

1 week later
#6130 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

[quoted image]
In the far back middle loop to the left of the up post, see video in post before this...

Woah, this is the first I'm reading about this.... My IMDN Pro was one of the first made, so I wonder what it looks like back there - will try to take a look tonight, but I suspect mine is bad because there have been a handful of times where the ball gets stuck up there and I have to nudge to get it to start moving again.

How does the replacement metal get installed? On top of the current mylar? And how is the metal kept down, I see no screws in the pictures. Seems like this might be a big job...

Thanks!

#6133 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

^^^Same here. I have the metal protector but haven’t installed it yet. Not sure if I need to remove the mylar first as it might not stick too well if the mylar is there. Home use only so the mylar back there on mine isn’t chewed up, yet.

Does Chaz still work at Stern? Maybe worth sending him a note and posting the response here?

#6152 4 years ago

Wasn't there another plastic piece Stern was providing to help prevent balls from getting stuck somewhere in the back of the playfield? I thought I read a post about that awhile ago - but I can't find it in this long thread.

I ask because I emailed Stern support asking for the metal piece and also the ball protector, and they said they only have record of the metal piece -- if there's a specific post, I can forward it to them and ask.

#6173 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You used the trooper beer label as a watermark? Because there isnt a ton of Iron Maiden art out there to work with?
Most people just share their homemade arts and crafts cards. Asking for money for junk art with bad fonts and at least 3 spelling errors? Don't quit your day job

You forgot the "Use Flippers to select soundtrack at game start" is wrong -- it's before every ball, much to my dismay (it USED to be settable at game start only.... Bring that back, Keith!).

2 months later
#6594 3 years ago

Well this is a first for me. The ball was going really fast, I flipped to hit the right ramp, as it was going so fast that when it made the slight left to be dropped at the inlane, it instead flew out of the wireframe, over the flippers and drained. And as appropriate, the callout was "oh, cheap drain."

#6596 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Had you recently cleaned or waxed the playfield? Mine did this a number of times right after I cleaned it last time. It is frustrating as it would only do it on a really clean fast shot up the ramp.

No, it's been awhile since I cleaned it - but I know what you mean about it being impossibly fast after you wax the playfield. The ball just had a lot of speed coming to the flipper and instead of trying to trap it, I just hit it to make the ramp.

#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Mine used to do this. Put a piece of self adhesive felt on the back corner on top of the ramp to slow it down a little which cured it most of the time. Ended up bending the top outer wire form in so the ball wouldn't ride up high enough and never had a problem since.

I guess this wasn't unique - good to know! I will try this fix, thanks!

#6618 3 years ago

I've had the blinder kit since Christmas but just getting around to trying to install it. The first step says to remove all the screws for the Pharoah plastic except the lower right and then to rotate the plastic clockwise... how does that work? The top of the cabinet is in the way. I even lowered the head to see if that was what was blocking it, but no dice. I can't remove that last screw without taking apart the ramp from what i can tell and that seems like a lot of work for the blinder....

Am i missing something?

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003765213-Pharaoh-Blinder-Kit

20200522_144244 (resized).jpg20200522_144244 (resized).jpg
#6620 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I think the picture shows the playfield pulled out of the game, which would make the swap out easy.

Omg I am an idiot... I'm sure thats it. I feel like ib should delete my post but I'll keep it in case someone else has a brain fart too.

Thanks!

#6622 3 years ago

The blinder kit is installed! Thanks for knocking some sense in me, Kawydud!

2 months later
#7144 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Knocker is exactly that makes a loud knock snap noise one time.
not worth the time or money IMO

It's better than the Stern Screech...

4 weeks later
#7221 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

Agreed. Tomb Treasures can bring out the bricks. I haven’t gotten the revive spinner down. Every now and then I can hit it reliably, but then it goes away after a few games.

Glad that's not just me -- I can never hit the spinner reliably... I usually am ok with the right orbit, unless, as someone else noted, the Tomb Treasure is lit....

I hate this game.

I love this game.

1 week later
#7271 3 years ago

I bought the Piece of Mind eddie from PBL along with the bracket for it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-peace-of-mind-eddie-plastic-kit.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-piece-of-mind-eddie-figure.html

Has anyone else mounted this? If so, what glue did you use? Or are there any other suggestions? Thanks!

#7273 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I believe the purpose of the mounting kit is for there to be no need for glue.

No, the link to the kit specifically says:

Please note: Eddie figure must be glued to the plastic for mounting.

3 weeks later
#7427 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Well, according to the JJP fanboys GNR is now the best music pin ever and Maiden is basically a cheap home pin. That is a real bummer, as I really like Maiden--glad I now know better...

I think people are saying GnR is more of a music pin. Iron Maiden has music, but it isn't a music pin necessarily -- it's based on the comic story. Even Metallica isn't really "music" specific. GnR is all about getting the band together to play a show. That's my impression from watching them anyway. (and that's as someone who has IMDB and MET and is thinking about GnR, depending on how gameplay looks).

1 week later
#7491 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Get your revive lit when you can.

That's my biggest problem - I can't reliably hit the revive spinner. And then when I do, I invariably lose it on a multiball.

#7509 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Upper left flipper skill shot. Hold Left flipper + plunge to get the ball to come to the upper left flipper and WHAP into the super JP lane. If your plunge is too hard and whips all the way around, you can let it come down to the bottom Right flipper and hit the orb for another cool secret skill shot perk.

Woah, the orb is another secret skill shot??? I've had the game for over 2 years and never knew that!

1 week later
#7534 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm pretty sure there will be no code updates aside from adding Wifi. Pretty sure the core code for the game is done.

How would they add wifi? I don't recall seeing any wireless hardware in the backbox...

3 weeks later
#7602 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Not custom. Perfect add-on.

Colors rotate, can change the scheme etc. Full remote to do whatever you desire. Still haven't fully figured it out as to what all it can do. Just adds to the whole background. For 90.00 or so bucks, hard to beat

I have lights like that on my MET, but I might need to look into that for the IMDN... your pic looks cool!

#7636 3 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Happy Thanksgiving guys! I have an issue that's never came up for me before. At the start of the game, I am able to change songs with the flipper buttons, but that's the only time during the game. At the beginning of every other ball, when I try to change the song with the flipper button, it just raises the score every time I hit the flippers. Any ideas? Thanks

Not being able to change the song between balls - that's the feature I want Keith to bring back!!! It used to be an option.

#7638 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

It still is an option. You have a switch issue.

If you're responding to me, Id like to know how to turn that option on, because it looked like they removed it in the latest code.

#7640 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

While they did remove that option, they made it more of a hybrid all in one. Don’t do anything and the song keeps playing just as if you had the option previously. Or, you can change songs.

That's not hybrid because you can accidentally hit the flippers and change the song. Seems stupid to actually remove the option of keeping it the same.

3 weeks later
#7900 3 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Checking out the read me, I’m thrilled keith returned the option to stop a song change on every ball. I hated accidentally messing up my “jam” when starting second or third balls!

Agreed. The crazy part is that this was a feature before! They literally removed it for some reason. Glad it's back, will have to go into settings to change it.

#7927 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Anyone else notice that if you disable song selection between balls, it goes into a musical loop (sounds like the “bass breakdown” section of RotAM) until you shoot the ball? I wish it would just keep the current song playing. It’s kind of distracting the way it is, messes up the groove.

Yeah, I noticed that. No idea why it's so hard to just put the one feature back in but we can at least lock the song so I won't complain too much.

1 week later
#8076 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have had my game a little over a year now and haven’t seen 3/4 of what the game has in it.
I suck at pinball.

Right there with you

#8136 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Hook it up! Even if you don’t start a tournament mode, there’s a little surprise when you press the button (on IMDN).

C'mon, don't leave those of us without the button hanging!

#8169 3 years ago

Does anyone else have a problem with the ramps where if you hit them perfectly and fast, the ball goes so fast that it flies out of the ramp, hits the glass, and drains over the flippers? Seems to happen now frequently than it should.... it happens on other games, but not very often compared to this one.

#8171 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have this problem mostly on the right ramp.

Same, but mostly because I rarely get super clean, fast shots on the left lol

Is there some plastic we can put on the ramp to help with it?

1 week later
#8221 3 years ago
Quoted from Snugs:

Looking to hook a powered Polk 10" sub up to my Maiden Pro. What's the easiest way?? Spoke w/ the 2 guys selling line out cables for spike systems on the marketplace. While both guys were SUPER helpful both said their cables wouldn't work w/ Maiden for different reasons. Anyone hook up a sub to their pro? If so, how did you do it???? Thanks in advance for any info

I like the PinSub because it's clean and easy to revert if I want. I know some think it is a waste but it was worth it for me to not have to figure out another way to do it.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

2 weeks later
#8333 3 years ago

Posted this in the bug thread too, but in case that isn't being maintained I will crosspost here.

Found a bug in 1.08. Not entirely sure how to activate it. I was playing RotAM, couldn't hit the stupid center shot for some reason and drained down the left outlane with about 100,000 points left on the center shot. Started the 3rd ball, pretty sure I hit the normal skill shot (not 100% sure id I made it or missed it). Then realized there were no white arrows lit. The screen told me to shoot the arrows but Eddie was already spelled out. So basically nothing I could do to advance the game.

Luckily I was having a crappy game - see my score in the screenshot - but this could be a big deal if you're having a good game.

Hope Stern looks into this. I seem to recall someone else bringing it up, maybe in the main thread (i skimmed here and didn't see it).

#8346 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Have you (or anyone else affected) reported this directly to Stern? If not, please do.

I just did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Wanted
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=fezmid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.