(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#776 5 years ago

Do they make a knocker conversion for this pin?

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Ha. Got it. My 7yr old nephew makes fun of my lack of computer skills.
Thanks for helping this dumbass out.
Ok. Apparently I don't got it. I extracted the file. Now it shows this. Tried to install and the game still boots normally

Hey give me a call if you still need help. I’m the guy at Allentown with the crazy pants. I’ll get you squared away.

Chad
302-228-8988

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Only had 3 ramp shots left to complete all the power pyramids. Kept bricking the right ramp.

Did you get your game updated?

#940 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

That post is suppose to block the target. Target should not be possible from a left trap position. Do you want you want obviously, but changing the position of that target changes the way the game plays by A LOT.

I have successfully backhanded the Orb target on numerous Pro's. Can I do it every time? Nope. Is it certainly possible? Yep.

#1026 5 years ago

Played in the NYC Pinball Championships this weekend. Got to watch Keith Elwin put up 2.1 billion on his game. Crazy stuff. And the tilt was super tight. I also believe the post rubbers were removed.

2 weeks later
#1270 5 years ago

Added this figure to my Pro tonight.

0AC0BDBF-9B5D-471E-A24A-5D0857834686 (resized).jpeg0AC0BDBF-9B5D-471E-A24A-5D0857834686 (resized).jpeg138A4766-3C6A-4157-AFC0-64065E10AF72 (resized).jpeg138A4766-3C6A-4157-AFC0-64065E10AF72 (resized).jpeg9BEC87CA-2E58-4E79-975B-AB7AA981BB88 (resized).jpeg9BEC87CA-2E58-4E79-975B-AB7AA981BB88 (resized).jpegCEB61BDD-9C84-4D03-A837-2994980AE47C (resized).jpegCEB61BDD-9C84-4D03-A837-2994980AE47C (resized).jpegE370A9DE-A907-48DF-91AB-4A4B5B17E45D (resized).jpegE370A9DE-A907-48DF-91AB-4A4B5B17E45D (resized).jpeg
#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

In the pro model:
In the options of the game, option 159 madness mode, it is indicated NO.
What is this mode?

Its a special mode only available in the LE and Premium. Keith discussed this mode on a recent podcast last week.

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from DragonPin:

My son found the secret skill shot by accident about 30 min after we installed new code... I almost dont want to spoil it its kinda funny

Short Plunge straight to left outlane.

#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

This would have really helped me in the pin-golf tournament where I did this 2 times to take a 5.

Honestly I have no idea. It's a random guess. I have yet to test, but I do recall a recent podcast where someone was discussing plunges to the left outlane.

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Showed up at noon, upgraded to 1.00.0 and played some Maiden. I got 250M on my second game, so I am thinking I have some adjustments to make. It was multiball madness.

Disable EB’s, turn off all regular ball saves, turn all MB ball save times to 5 seconds, Eddie letter difficulty to medium, Mummy MB to zero letters at start and set decounce to 750. That’s how my game is setup.

#1411 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where are cards posted?

The MOD thread.

1 week later
#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Funny.... I took the red out of my LE. I think it looks terrible. I did add spotlights to my slings just like MEtallica and tied them to the string that is turned off during FotD. It gets dark enough and doesn't color wash my plastics.

Can you elaborate a little more on the sting that is used for FOTD? I'm thinking of adding spotlights as well.

#1517 5 years ago

Also, my favorite new skill shot is:

Hold up left flipper, full plunge to bottom right flipper, one flip into the orb. I can hit this one about 75% of the time for 10 Million, +X +3mil power jackpot boost.

#1531 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I thought I would post this up if anyone is looking to upgrade their instruction cards on their Iron Maiden to replace the yellow cards. The other thread asked me to post this so I figured I would get it to you guys here too. Just print on high gloss photo paper and then cut it in the center to make both cards. Enjoy!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vu5caar2eub4pdy/IMDN_Cards.jpg?dl=0
--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

Just reposting these awesome cards as they get lost in the sauce.

imdn rule cards (resized).jpgimdn rule cards (resized).jpg
#1549 5 years ago

Confirmed with glass off:

1. When all ball saves are turned off(there are 2 different ball save settings), hitting any of the secret skill shots that normally award a ball save extension, does NOT give you a ball save. Below are all of the skill shots I have uncovered and confirmed.

2. Short Plunge to Left Outlane = 25M and no ball save. You can also do a full plunge and use the right upper flipper to shoot the outlane for the same award. (+10 seconds ball save time if this is enabled)

3. Short plunge and shatz the Left inlane = 5M and no ball save

4. Center ramp = 6M and no ball save (+10 seconds if ball save enabled)

5. Short plunge to Left flipper and shoot Right orbit = 8M and no ball save

6. Hold Left flipper up and hit super jackpot target = 10m plus x playfield

7. No flippers up, shoot the extra ball target = 1M plus Eddie letter (+5 seconds of ball save if this is enabled)

8. Hold Left flipper up, full plunge, and one time shot to the orb = 10m, plus boost power jackpot X. (+5 seconds ball save if enabled)

I’ve tried numerous combinations of only the right flipper up as well as both flippers up. Haven’t found the others yet.

1 week later
#1777 5 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

No

Ok, I'll check that out.

That might be it, as in my tests it takes a good amount of time. Thanks Steve!

The super skill shot is only available if you hold the left flipper up before plunging. So, before you plunge, hold up the left flipper and you should see the insert light up.

1 week later
#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

There must be an update coming out soon.

Oh there is. Keith revealed on Friday that the IMDN at Pinburgh will have updated code.

#1879 5 years ago

Here are the notes from the update on the IMDN at Pinburgh from Keith:

FYI Iron maiden code that will be running at Pinburgh will have the following changes from the current 1.02.

Aces High - fixed an issue where destroying the 2nd bomber during the grace period will start a roving shot in the mode that never ends for all players
Aces High - initial jackpot scores are boosted by 500K
Aces High - fixed a display issue where the playfield multiplier was being applied to the base value instead of the total (no effect on final scoring)
Aces High - fixed a display issue where jackpot scoring equation would not be correct after first Super Jackpot (no effect on final scoring)
Soul Shard - fixed an issue where the Tomb Award would not light after spotting a random Soul Shard through Mystery Orb Level 3 (after 2 Minutes to Midnight)
Trooper Multiball - added missing Beast 1x Jackpot callouts
Trooper Multiball - boosted volumes of selected trooper speech
Cyborg Multiball - fixed an issue with the ‘Showtime’ speech was getting called when you drain into lighting Cyborg Multiball
2 Minutes to Midnight - changed background font color to red for more contrast
Mode Totals - fixed an issue where mode totals were excluding the values of shots made in the grace period
Eddie Cards - Trooper Level 2 card is easier, can now be collected by making any 5x Jackpot shot OR lighting all shots for 3x Jackpot
Revive - when balls are being launched into play and Revive triggers, no revive will be taken and ball saver will be extended 4 seconds with no grace period
Score Frame - fixed a rare issue when adding a player during Bonus countup results in temporarily displaying 0000 scores for all players and overlapping text
Music - fixed an issue with the attenuation getting set back to ‘0’ between balls, now it resets it to whatever the adjustment says

1 week later
#1961 5 years ago
Quoted from malklavious:

Looking to get some replacement balls and trying to decide between silverjet and regular balls from Marco. My table isn't set up yet and I can't remember from playing it over the weekend at CA Extreme, does this table have any magnet effects?

Skip both of those balls and get some Ball Baron balls.

#2024 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Question for you LE guys. Even with the backbox turned down there is still a good amount of reflection. Does the invisiglass reduce it. I had it on my WOZ and LOTR and it was great but those games didn't reflect like Maiden.

What % did you turn the backglass down to? I found that it needed to be set to 10% to get rid of the reflection.

2 weeks later
#2228 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

"B) Super Skill Shot
Hold the left flipper and full plunge. The ball should roll back down to the upper left flipper. Shoot the Super Jackpot shot for 5M, a lit Playfield Multiplier, and a 10 seconds ball saver."
This does not happen on mine. Ball always goes all of the way around on a full plunge no matter what. Anybody else?

Where did you get that snippet from explaining that super skill shot?

#2233 5 years ago

From Tilt Forums, here is the exact verbiage for the super skill shot.

Super Skill Shot

Hold the left flipper and plunge to the inner orbit. The ball will roll back down to the upper flipper. Shoot the Super Jackpot shot to score a Super Skill Shot worth 5 million points, a lit Playfield Multiplier, and 10 seconds of ball saver time.

There are also at least three Super Secret Skill Shots, but we’ll let you discover them on your own.

2 weeks later
#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Has anyone had problems with the ball stop above the mini flipper? The rubber stopper is staying up while the coils plunger releases. Is there a lock ring or something that held the plastic in place? It doesn’t happen all the time but it did do it 3 times on one game so now I need to fix it. Thanks in advance

I used a little bit of glue to keep mine down. It was slowly sliding off of the post and thus causing balls to get stuck.

#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

does anyone know if/where you can get the 'piece of mind' figure used on the prem?

Ebay.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So, not having played a pro yet, do you guys think the prem and le are easier?
Reason I say this, I can consistently catch the ball coming out of the scoop under the center ramp when a mode starts. I see on the pro that the ball has to go up the ramp and be stopped by the post before mode start. Then it drops to the little flipper. This seems harder to control. Am I understanding the mode start on the pro correctly?

I own a pro and have played an LE numerous times. Yes, once a mode starts, catching the ball coming out of the Premium/LE is in fact easier. On the pro, it doesn't always necessarily feed to the little flipper, depends on if the ball lands to the left or the right once you hit the ramp. If it lands on the right, it will release to the right orbit down towards the right upper flipper. Most games this will feed to the bottom flipper if you don't flip the upper flipper. However on some games the ball will hit the slings making it unpredictable.

1 month later
#2755 5 years ago
0BC244C3-B6F8-4EFA-B5FE-71FB568C3205.jpeg0BC244C3-B6F8-4EFA-B5FE-71FB568C3205.jpeg7B937049-0225-497C-B59A-F61552F4F2B1.jpeg7B937049-0225-497C-B59A-F61552F4F2B1.jpeg8D1B33B4-AEFA-4B94-90CA-E13C4018BEE5.jpeg8D1B33B4-AEFA-4B94-90CA-E13C4018BEE5.jpeg
#2805 5 years ago
A4158FAD-47F8-4C8F-B332-0EA1FC922E40 (resized).jpegA4158FAD-47F8-4C8F-B332-0EA1FC922E40 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2837 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R there modes in this game where the flippers go dead? Pre arrived today just had a few games the last one being a 500 000 000 game. This pin is incredible. Holy Shit.

None. Incredible, yes.

3 weeks later
#3028 5 years ago

Just upgraded my light show this morning. So dope.
35E6E1FA-BFB0-4706-946B-2C30773E80A8 (resized).jpeg35E6E1FA-BFB0-4706-946B-2C30773E80A8 (resized).jpeg

#3033 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I installed that today as well. It looks so good for a cheap little mod. What did you use for your outhole red? It also looks great.

https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/7smd6.3vsmdstrip.htm

And they are on sale right now until Monday.

1 month later
#3397 5 years ago
Quoted from malklavious:

Finished installing vireland's light mods to the fireball loop, Eddie cards, and battle tree. Unfortunately the pictures of the battle tree doesn't do the colors justice, it looks much better in person. All of them feel like it's how it *should* have been from the factory![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! All your missing now is the mummy tree mod!

2 weeks later
#3532 5 years ago

New code will be dropping any minute/hour/day.

#3536 5 years ago

Spoke to Elwin tonight. It’s definitely coming.

#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Any insight on the changes?

No insight unfortunately.

#3543 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Spill it. When / what?

Big circuit tournament this weekend, INDISC, and IMDN is in the bank. Elwin asked the organizer if it would be running the latest code and he wasn’t referring to 1.05.

#3549 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

They used new code at another Major event last year that hadn't been released too. Seems to be a pattern, call it semi-public testing I guess.
I'm fine with it so long as they don't leave us plebs out in the cold for too long.
Here's to hoping for 12 additional awesome Maiden tunes on this one to choose from!

Yep. NYC Championships had new code Elwin brought with him.

#3553 5 years ago

Looks like my source was legit.

#3555 5 years ago

Stern is not the same. Just grab the code. Copy to USB. Plug in. Turn on. Sit down. Hold on. Enjoy.

#3627 5 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

what changes the currently highlighted mode? Typically starts at the bottom, Icarus, and works up but sometime I change the mode selected and not sure how that happened.

Bottom left revive spinner.

1 week later
#3723 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So how does the aces high and rotam behave now with the new code?

Much better! The flow is so nice now.

#3725 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can you elaborate?

A small change but it makes for a much better playing experience, once the MB modes are started, there is no ball stoppage anymore. Action is fast and furious when the second ball gets auto plunged and comes flying around the loop perfectly to the upper flipper to perform 5 loops and start loop jackpot. It’s so flowy!

#3728 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

the balls aren't trapped by that post behind the small loop anymore

Umm, that's what I said?

A small change but it makes for a much better playing experience, once the MB modes are started, there is no ball stoppage anymore.

2 weeks later
#3837 5 years ago
Quoted from sbskins:

Just got my NIB Maiden Pro set up! I can't find the right orbit shot for the life of me...
A few issues out of the box, nothing major though;
Naturally the auto plunge didn't work perfectly out of the box, I got it down to about 90% success rate at a pitch of 205.
Also, the right outlane post rubber was blocking the ball from properly draining out the right outlane, the ball didn't have enough room to drain. Very strange, but we managed to fix the problem by unscrewing that post, and screwing it back in while applying pressure to the post in the opposite direction, the ball drains just fine now.
A few slight dings on the backbox and chipped wood here and there on the machine, but nothing that can't easily be fixed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Question for you on the right outlane rubber. Did you install it? Stern has been shipping all games now without the rubbers installed.

#3847 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This is a common misconception. The only models that have shipped NIB without the post rubbers installed were The Beatles and Deadpool. They also included them in the cabinet if you wanted to install them.

Corrrct! I thought it started with IMDN. What about Munsters?

1 week later
#3918 5 years ago

For those of you that haven’t seen it yet, Robert Gagno live-streamed his gameplay on IMDN and he got to Run to the Hills and a score of over 3 billion. Enjoy.

#3921 5 years ago

My biggest takeaway, and one that I use every time now, is immediately lighting Revive. My scores are almost always over 100M every time I play. It’s a huge benefactor.

#3947 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, if I understand right, you have to adjust the flippers from factory? So, making it easier?
Is this aa common adjustment? First I have heard of it!

Most of the time no adjustments need to be made. I’ve played over a dozen IMDN’s, mostly pros but at least 1 premium and 2-3 LE’s and flipper staying worked just fine, including my pro version. I also own a NIB Aerosmith Prem and no adjustments were required on that game either.

It doesn’t necessarily make it easier, but it does allow you to hit shots you otherwise can’t make it. It’s an acquired skill that has to be done with precision.

I use this same strategy on my Grand Lizard, White Water, and Demo Man.

2 weeks later
#4025 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Do you know the number of ramps, orbits, spinners, bumpers hits needed to complete each power mode? So my understanding is if I have completed all the hits needed for 1 or even 4 of the modes, just 1 hit of the orb collects all of them that currently qualified?

Correct on the orb. 1 hit collects them all.

#4027 5 years ago

At the start of the game, you need:

40 spinners
8 ramps
20 pops
12 targets
10 orbits

#4043 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just played a few games tonight and noticed that at game start the numbers on the left start out in Gray. Once you have made the number of shots then the numbers turn to Yellow. Once you complete that number again then you are able to collect the triangle insert. I thought that you only needed to hit that number of shots one round but apparently it's hit the number of shots to qualify for the yellow and then hit it again to qualify to hit at the orb. Does that sound correct?

That is correct. Once you complete the initial numbers, you then enter into "power mode". Re-collect once more.

1 week later
#4165 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Yeah, the 1" mini flipper rubber is what you want for the one on the left. I actually got all my "rubbers" from Titan.

Remember though, Robert Gagno beat the beast and scored 3.5 billion WITHOUT a rubber on the upper mini flipper

#4168 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Witch coils to order to increase power on the flippers!? They seam a little weak on my opinion, the game have long shots..

Before replacing, you can adjust cool strength in the menu settings. Do that first.

#4192 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Almost Finished...

Not quite. Machine is pretty, but until you install PinMonk insert light mods, it will never be complete

#4193 5 years ago
20645A5E-62F9-49E1-9449-56630C76C7FC (resized).jpeg20645A5E-62F9-49E1-9449-56630C76C7FC (resized).jpeg
#4225 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. Best $100 you'll spend on Iron Maiden.

Really? Serious question. I’ve never bought a shaker, so curious to know.

1 week later
#4366 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

What strategy have you gotten your high score with? This may be a silly question but I concentrated on finishing modes for a long time. I switched over to focusing on multiballs and my scores have increased big time. This may not make a bit of sense but it worked for me..

Initial strategy immediately after the plunge is to get the ball to the right flipper and then shoot the Revive spinner 2 times to light the outlanes. This almost always guarantees a game over 100 million, even with EB’s turned off.

1 week later
#4429 5 years ago

My right flipper coil stop just bit the dust. Screw sheared right off.

3842A91E-142C-4F71-9534-469B5DE058A5 (resized).jpeg3842A91E-142C-4F71-9534-469B5DE058A5 (resized).jpegA8ACF001-3B43-403F-80A2-B7082A8B6D11 (resized).jpegA8ACF001-3B43-403F-80A2-B7082A8B6D11 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#4644 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Decided to fire up my game this weekend and to my surprise I had a couple of pretty nice games. I even got to 2 minutes to midnight. This is the first time I got to it on the current settings and code update. Been close a few times, but finally was able to get there.
Do you guys think there will be another code update, or is IM done with the code. Just curious. I really like the most recent code. As the change I liked the best was to revive and how you can start to build it back up after just using one outlane.

Yes, more code is coming. I have recently discussed this with Keith Elwin to confirm this.

#4668 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Got this guy off eBay . Pretty cheap for a pretty sweet mod!![quoted image]

Which company made that one? Can you link the eBay ad?

#4712 4 years ago

My best loop effort. Previous was 65.

DCA03F7D-540E-4045-B1FE-7BDDE6AF93B3 (resized).jpegDCA03F7D-540E-4045-B1FE-7BDDE6AF93B3 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4760 4 years ago

Extra Balls

On factory settings there are three ways to light extra balls:

1.Complete third power feature
2.Collect 5th Tomb Treasure award
3.Make 50 loops

On the Premium/LE there is an adjustment (Feature Adjustment #59 “Madness Extra Ball Stage”) for collecting extra ball also during Can I Play With Madness mode. This adjustment is set to 0 (disabled) on factory settings.

3 weeks later
#4948 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the next game is truly Keith Elwin's and not Brian Eddy's, that explains why Iron Maiden updates abruptly stopped. I'm sure there's at least one more update coming - too many loose ends/bugs not to. He's not Dwight.

Confirmed there is at least one more.

#4954 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Do you have a source for that info? I really hope it is going to happen and they fix the few remaining issues.
I'm going to test play one in two weeks and if I knew an update was definitely coming it would make my decision easier.

Yes. Confirmed directly with Keith.

1 week later
#5006 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hi All,
Noob alert! We’ve had IM for a few weeks now and occasionally we get an Eddie or two lit up, but we're not quite sure what it is that we are doing that causes it. How specifically are Eddies ‘collected’?
Thanks!
Mike

There are 4 Eddie Card inserts to collect, which are required to qualify Number of the Beast (NOTB) wizard mode.
The four Level 1 Eddie Cards (lit solid) require:

Super Jackpot on Trooper Multi-Ball
Super Jackpot on Mummy Multi-Ball
Reaching Cyborg Multi-ball (Completing the Power Pyramid)
Reaching 2 Minutes to Midnight

If you perform even better during those four tasks for Eddie Cards, you can collect a Level 2 Eddie Card. Once you’ve collected a Level 2 card, its insert will be pulsing instead of lit solidly. Level 2 Eddie Cards remain lit even after a failed NOTB wizard mode, and are required to reach the Run to the Hills super-wizard mode. Level 2 Eddie Card requirements are:

Advance all Trooper MB JP shots to 3x value (yellow) or collect one 5x Trooper JP (red).
A second SJP on Mummy MB.
Collect a 5x Cyborg MB SJP.
Collect a 2MTM double SJP.

#5013 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

djreddog, you've got the rules wired! If you ever do a complete set of rules, please post a link!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Layout

** Gravestone Target: This nondescript target above the left inlane may not seem important, but hitting it with an alley pass can be extremely helpful. Making this combo will spot an “X” target during normal play or help you out if you’re in an Eddie Battle.
** REVIVE Spinner: A small orbit shot with a spinner in front of it, which feeds the bumpers. Shooting the spinner enough times will collect a REVIVE letter. This shot is difficult to make on the fly and can often lead to pretty bad drains.
** Orb Target: Target in between the REVIVE Spinner and the entrance to the left ramp. This target is important because it awards a Power Jackpot when lit and collects the Orb mystery award when lit, which can act as an add-a-ball at certain times. On the Premium / LE models, this is instead a captive ball shot.
** Bumpers: These bumpers block the left ramp, meaning the player has to make a precise shot to the left ramp to send it all the way around. The feed from the bumpers to the flippers can be very dangerous.
** Left Ramp: Tight left ramp shot that loops around and sends the ball to the left inlane. On the Premium / LE models, this is also where you will lock a ball for Mummy Multiball and collect Tomb Treasure when lit.
** Big Loop: An orbit shot that can only be made with the help of the upper right flipper. Although the shot is easier by holding up the upper left flipper, the game encourages you to make the shot without doing that with a higher scoring potential.
** Skill Shot Target: One of the four “X” targets scattered throughout the playfield. This target is special because it’s used for the normal Skill Shot and can award an Extra Ball when lit.
** Left Orbit: Orbit shot that goes around the back of the game and feeds the upper right flipper. There is a spinner in front of this shot. If Lock is lit, then a post at the back of the shot will raise and trap the ball behind a post.
** Captive Ball: This target is in between the left orbit and Sarcophagus. The rebounds from this shot can be difficult to predict, but it can be shot from either flipper - even with the upper left flipper if you’re precise enough. On the Premium / LE model, the ball that’s locked for Mummy Multiball is sent behind this captive ball.
** Sarcophagus: This is a unique jump ramp that leads to a target at the back panel of the game. The back panel target scores either 1x, 2x, or 3x depending on how close the ball hits the center of the target. There are posts that will trap the ball on the Pro model if this shot is lit for something.
** Underworld Scoop (Premium / LE only): When battles are lit, the center ramp will raise to reveal this scoop, which feeds the ball directly to the lower flippers. This shot is also used in a Premium / LE exclusive mode called “Can I Play With Madness”.
** Super Jackpot Target: One of the four “X” targets scattered throughout the playfield. This target is in a similar position to Rudy from FunHouse and scores a Super Jackpot when lit. This shot is most often made from the upper left flipper but it can be made off of a random rebound from the lower left flipper.
** Small Loop: A tricky orbit shot that can only be made with the upper left flipper. Because this shot is much harder to make than the big loop, this shot scores more during certain modes and advances to Loop Jackpots quicker.
** Drop Targets: A 3-bank of drop targets that can be made off of almost any flipper. When completed, they award the following (in this order): “Bonus X” (up to 50x), “Lite Orb” (plus advancing the Mystery level by 1), and “Lite Lock” (for Trooper Multiball, all 3 Locks the first time and just 1 Lock every time after. Can’t be collected during a Multiball round.)
** Right Ramp: Fairly steep ramp that curves around and feeds the right inlane. If the shot is too weak, it’s generally pretty easy to recover from the feed.
** Right Orbit: Opposite of the left orbit. This shot can also lock balls when lit and on the Pro model, it collects the Tomb Treasure award.
** “X” Targets: 4 targets with an “X” light in front of them, which qualify the Playfield Multiplier at an inlane when completed. There is one target near the pop bumpers, and a target near the Small Loop. The Skill Shot target and Super Jackpot target also count as X targets. Doing an alley pass to the Gravestone target also spots an X target.
** Outlanes: Traditional setup. Each outlane has a “REVIVE” light that lights solid when the feature is qualified.
** Inlanes: Traditional setup. There is a playfield multiplier light at both inlanes that can be alternated using the flippers.

Song Choice

At the start of each ball, you can select your soundtrack of choice. This has no effect on gameplay and is purely for the player to up the irons. On subsequent balls, the chosen song will continue from when you drained, unless you cycle through other song selections before you plunge a ball.

Skill Shots

Standard Skill Shot - Soft plunge into the skill shot target to score a normal skill shot. This scores 1,000,000 points, one EDDIE letter, and adds 5 seconds of ball saver time.

Super Skill Shot - Hold the left flipper and plunge to the inner orbit. The ball will roll back down to the upper flipper. Shoot the Super Jackpot shot to score a Super Skill Shot worth 15 million points, a lit Playfield Multiplier, and 10 seconds of ball saver time.

There is an ego award for most Super Skill Shots.

There are also at least three Super Secret Skill Shots, but we’ll let you discover them on your own.

Power Features

Hit features around the playfield many times to advance toward Power Features. The features are:

Power Spinners
Power Orbits
Power Ramps
Power Targets
Power Bumpers

The remaining hits to activate a power feature are displayed on the left side of the screen. Once a Power Feature is activated, score more hits to complete the Power Feature and build the Power Jackpot.

Once a Power Feature is complete, the Power Jackpot is available to cash in at the the Orb spot target. You can instead complete another Power Feature to multiply the value of the lit Power Jackpot. The Power Jackpot can be multiplied up to 5x by completing all five Power Features, although there are other ways to advance the multiplier too (Mystery or Tomb awards). The Power Jackpot unlights if you drain before it is cashed in.

There is an ego award for the largest Power Jackpot value collected.

Cyborg Eddie Multiball ("?" mode)

Complete all Power Features and to qualify Cyborg Eddie Multiball. Shoot the center ramp to start. During Cyborg MB, light all of the Pyramid Segments (spinners, orbits, ramps, targets, and bumpers) by hitting them each at least once to light the Super Jackpot at the Orb. Collecting the SJP also awards an Add-a-Ball for the first two times the shot is made. Every Power shot increases the value of the SJP, and the SJP multiplier increases every time the Super Jackpot is collected. Starting Cyborg MB lights the Cyborg Eddie card, and scoring a 5X SJP nets you a Level 2 Cyborg Eddie card.

The Super Jackpot starts at 4,000,000, increased by 500,000 for every Soul Shard you have going into Cyborg Multiball. After completing Cyborg Multiball, the Power Features reset and increase in value and difficulty.

You may not qualify any PFx during Cyborg, but you may activate a PFx you qualified prior to starting Cyborg.

There is an ego award for highest Cyborg Multiball score.

Eddie Battle Modes

** Qualify one of the five Eddie Battle mode by shooting white arrows to spell EDDIE. Once EDDIE is completely spelled out, the “Battle” insert lights at the Pharoah center ramp shot – shoot it to start the flashing mode.
** You are spotted two EDDIE letters toward your first mode. As you complete modes, subsequent modes become harder to qualify by reducing the number of white arrows available to spell EDDIE and not spotting any free letters.
** Mode selection: If EDDIE is not yet fully spelled, then shooting the left spinner will change the flashing mode. Once EDDIE is completed, the flashing mode is locked in and cannot be changed.
** Mode stacking: You may not make progress toward your next mode while your current mode is being played. Single-ball modes can be stacked with either Trooper or Mummy MB, provided that the mode was started prior to the start of the MB. Multiball modes may not be stacked with any other MB.

Aces High

Soul Shard goal: Collect the Super Jackpot

2 ball multi-ball.
Stage 1: destroy 4 fighters. Shoot blue arrow shots to defeat a fighter.
Stage 2: defeat 2 bombers. Shoot a ramp to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot to destroy a bomber.
Stage 3: defeat the ace. Shoot the strobing shot to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot within 5 seconds to destroy the ace.
Increased scoring from better accuracy on bulls-eye shots.
One add-a-ball is available from your first Mystery award shot at the Orb.

There are two ego awards for Aces High: (1) for most kills – the # of planes you shot down, and (2) highest mode score.

Fear of the Dark (this is the first mode lit in Competition Settings)

Soul Shard goal: Complete three spinner rips

Woohoo! A rip the lit spinner mode!
Four shots are lit with purple arrows. Completing any one of them lights the Spinners for a ton of points for one spinner rip (the REVIVE spinner scores 2x the value displayed). The more difficult the shot, the higher the base spinner value:

Ramps = 250K.
Big loop = 350K.
Mini loop = 500K (and the weak mini loop initial return out through the L orbit does NOT count as your spinner shot. Bravo!)

When you rip a lit spinner, it will unlight after it stops spinning and is no longer available for the lit spinner points (similar to many Classic Stern lit spinner rules). You may get BOTH spinners going during one “rip” – but it’s very difficult to execute! Once your spinner(s) stops spinning, the purple shots relight and the sequence starts over. The mode is completed after your 3rd spinner rip.

After each purple starter shot, you may also choose to shoot the R ramp once to double your next spinner value. This does not automatically double if the right ramp was your first shot; you must shoot it twice to get the doubler.

There are two ego awards for FOTD: (1) for the highest amount of spins in this mode, and (2) highest mode score.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Soul Shard goal: Collect the Port and Starboard (Super) Jackpots

Center shot is lit to shoot down the albatross and collect a hurry-up counting down (quickly!) from 1M. Shoot center shot to lock in this value as your MB Shot Value and start a 2-ball multiball.
During multiball, one side’s shots (left or right) will be lit at a time. Shoot the lit shots to score your Shot Value (+500K increments) and move the lit shots toward the center, until the Ctr Ramp is lit for a bulls-eye shot. Progress is on a timer, so if you go too long without making another shot, your ship (and your shots) will be blown off course away from center.
Shooting the lit bulls-eye shot will score a jackpot based on the sum of your shot scoring, and multiplied by your accuracy on the bulls-eye. If there are still non-Ctr ramp shots lit, you can continue shooting those to increase the value of your jackpot (the Ctr Ramp arrow won’t “move past” it by over-steering).
One add-a-ball is available from your first Mystery award shot at the Orb.

There is an ego award for highest Rime MB score.

Hallowed Be Thy Name

Soul Shard goal: Break free

Complete objectives in order as quickly as possible.

Shoot any one orange arrow (3M)
Shoot the captive ball (5M)
Shoot another remaining orange arrow (3M)
Complete all of the drop targets (10M)
Shoot another remaining orange arrow (3M)
Shoot the center ramp (10M + Completion Score)

Completion score based on how much time is remaining in the mode when you finish – I believe it’s 1M per second remaining.

There are two ego awards for Hallowed mode: (1) the quickest time the mode is completed, and (2) highest mode score.

Flight of Icarus

Soul Shard goal: Score at least 20 million in mode points and survive to the end (a 4-way combo will guarantee >20m)

Shoot alternating lit ramps, scoring 2M (+150K increment for each ramp shot, lit or unlit). Combo ramps on a 5 second timer for incremental multiplied scoring (ex: 1st combo at 2x, 2nd at 3x, etc). The multiplied value is factored in after the 150K increment is added (e.g. 2M -> (2.150M x 2) = 4.3M -> (2.3M x 3) = 6.9M…). Shooting the same ramp within the 5-second combo timer will reset that timer.

There is an ego award for highest Icarus mode score.

Soul Shards

These are REALLY important for advanced gameplay on Iron Maiden. Completing an Eddie battle mode will start a Soul Shard hurry-up at the center Pharaoh shot. The hurry-up value is based on how well you played the mode. Shoot the bulls-eye target to collect a Soul Shard – the points value is multiplied based on your bulls-eye accuracy. If you drain or if the Hurry-Up expires, then you do not get credit for the Soul Shard.
Besides the points, Soul Shards:

Increase EOB bonus
Light Tomb Treasures
Increase SJP value in Cyborg MB.
Increased scoring in the 2 Minutes to Midnight mini-wizard mode(?).
Increase the bonus awarded for completing Number of the Beast wizard mode.

2 Minutes to Midnight (2MTM)

The 6th Battle Mode is 2 Minutes to Midnight mini-wizard mode. It is a single-ball, timed mode with a generous initial ball-save time. There is a timer counting up to midnight. If the timer reaches midnight, the mode ends. You may get yourself more time by shooting the “X” standup targets, but I believe only once each.

Collect all lit shots once to light super jackpot at the Super Jackpot dead-end shot (from upper mini flipper, the same as Trooper MB SJP shot). Each shot’s score is based on how many points were scored on that shot arrow color’s applicable mode, and can be HUGE if you’ve played out your modes well. (ie. yellow arrow collects Icarus mode total, purple arrow collects FOTD mode total, etc.) Each lit shot extinguishes after you collect it, but once you collect them all, they all relight.

Each shot scored awards its value and adds that value to the base of your Super Jackpot. Collecting all lit shots adds +1x to the Super Jackpot multiplier (which effectively starts at 0x). Collecting the Super Jackpot resets the multiplier to 0x, but the base value does not reset and can keep accumulating during the mode.

Starting 2MTM immediately awards its Eddie card. Scoring a Double Super Jackpot awards a Level 2 Eddie card. In order to score a double super and earn the Level 2 card you will need to complete all the lit shots twice before collecting the super. If you instead complete shots once, score the super, then complete shots again, and score the super again, the level 2 card will not be awarded.

After 2 Minutes to Midnight, the Eddie Battle modes reset and can be played again, but the difficulty of spotting EDDIE letters the 2nd+ time around does not reset (only ramps spot EDDIE letters).

You may not qualify any PFx during 2MTM, but you may activate a PFx you qualified prior to starting 2MTM.

There is an ego award for highest 2MTM mode score.

Can I Play With Madness

This is a mode on Premium/LE games awarded as the third Tomb Treasure (unless disabled in settings).

Starts as a 2-ball multi-ball.
There is one lit red shot that the player can move with the flippers.
When you hit the lit shot, the mode goes into a 3-ball multi-ball with 2 moving red shots.
Hitting a red shot turns it green and locks it in.
Hitting a green shot turns it red and makes it roving again.
Hitting the orb locks in lit shots for 10 seconds.
Turning all shots green launches to n+1 balls and n shots lit red.
The Underworld holds the ball when it is lit green.

There is an ego award for highest Madness mode score.

Drop Target Awards

Complete the drop targets to collect the flashing award. Sweep all three drop targets to collect two times the drop target value (increased by hitting the Orb) and two awards at once. The awards in order are Advance Bonus X (maxes out at 50x), Light Orb, and Light Trooper Locks. The game starts with Light Orb lit as the first award, but competition settings will start with Advance BonusX as the first award.

Trooper Multi-Ball

Earn the “Light Lock” drop target award once to light all 3 locks. Hit the green arrow orbit shot(s) to virtually lock a ball. For the first multiball, both the inner orbit and the right loop are lit to lock a ball. For subsequent multiballs, each Lite Lock award only lights one ball lock, and only one shot is lit for a lock. Lock 3 balls to start Trooper Multi-Ball.

Trooper is a 3-ball multiball. At the start, all shots will be lit for a 1x jackpot and will unlight when collected. Collecting 3 Jackpots lights the first Super Jackpot. Shoot the super jackpot dead-end shot to collect the SJP and relight collected jackpots with +1x scoring, while uncollected shots remain lit at their previous scoring level. Jackpot shot color progression denoting which shots are multiplied at different levels is reverse rainbow: BGYOR (blue, green, etc). Collecting all the lit jackpots will also reset all jackpots to the next multiplier level, but will not automatically score the SJP.

Completing the drop targets will light the center ramp for a cannon shot (indicated by rainbow flashing arrow). You can collect multiple cannon shots in a single multiball, but once you’ve collected one you’ll need to collect a SJP before you will be allowed to light another cannon shot. A cannon shot grants these awards:

Collects 1-3 lit jackpots (based on your accuracy on the bullseye shot)
Adds a ball (only on the first cannon shot of the multiball)

Trooper 4-ball multiball: Have both Trooper Lock 3 lit and Mummy MB one shot from starting. Shoot the L orbit, but graze the captive ball on the way in. Mummy will not start. Trooper will start as a 4-ball MB. Mummy MB will still be ready to start upon exiting Trooper MB.

Collecting a SJP will award an Eddie card. A Level 2 Eddie card can be collected by either advancing all Jackpots to 3x (Yellow) or scoring a single 5x (Red) Jackpot.

There is an ego award for the highest Trooper MB score.

Mummy Multi-Ball

Shoot the Sarcophagus captive ball to spell MUMMY and light Mummy Lock. On the Pro this will be a virtual lock up the center ramp (and denoted by the green lock insert). On the Premium/LE, the lock is on the left ramp (and denoted by the arrow insert turning red). Spell MUMMY again at captive ball to immediately start Mummy Multi-Ball. The first two Mummy Multiballs only require one captive ball hit per MUMMY letter; third and subsequent Mummy Multiballs require two hits per letter.

During Mummy MB, qualify jackpots at the captive ball via switch hits. Jackpot qualifications cannot be stacked, and the switch hit threshold increases for each jackpot. Each jackpot ball will spot a MUMMY letter. Spell MUMMY to light SJP at the Pharaoh Target (bulls-eye above Ctr Ramp). SJP value is multiplied for a more accurate bulls-eye shot. For subsequent jackpot rounds, values are doubled, but MUMMY letters will be cycling, and hits to the captive ball will only score a JP when on an available letter.

Scoring the SJP awards the Mummy Eddie card. Scoring the second SJP awards a Level 2 Mummy Eddie card.

Add-a-Balls are available by completing all yellow shots at a given level:

Both ramps. (2)
Both ramps and both orbits. (4)
Both ramps, both orbits, both loops, center ramp, and Super Jackpot target. (8)

On the Premium/LE, after scoring a jackpot, you may re-lock a ball by shooting the left ramp (denoted by the red arrow insert). While the ball is locked, you will earn double switch hit credit. Hitting the captive ball will release the locked ball and score a 2x jackpot if you reached the switch hit threshold or a 1x jackpot if not.

Loop Feature/Loop Jackpot

Loop Feature

** Use upper flippers to shoot loops to build up and light LOOP JACKPOT. Loop awards are displayed in the big loop inserts, and are additive when more than one insert is flashing. Each loop scores the lit Loop Value plus adds that value to the LOOP JACKPOT, and increases the Loop Value by 250K, up to a max base value of 2.5M. The lit Loop Value will decrease over time (short timer) back to 250K. One shot to the mini loop lights the 2x Loop insert while the Loop Value is 500K or more; once the Loop Value decays back to 250K, the 2x Loop goes away.
** After shooting 5 (+2) loops, LOOP JACKPOT is qualified, the red LOOP JACKPOT lamps will light solid, and if the qualifying shot was via the big loop, the up-post will divert the ball to the mini flipper. Your progress toward your next LOOP JACKPOT is displayed on screen.
** Loop Jackpot advancements are doubled if you shoot the main loop without the aid of raising up your mini flipper (holding the L flipper button), or tripled if you shoot the mini-loop.

Loop Jackpot

** Once qualified, the red LOOP JACKPOT lamp remains lit solid until the first Loop Jackpot is collected, at which point the lamp will start flashing and a short 12-second timer begins. Note: The timer does not pause during mode-start and multiball-start video sequences, and you cannot blow off these sequences by double-flipping.
** During this period, each loop shot collects the Loop Jackpot, and each consecutive loop shot will score 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. the value of the Loop Jackpot. For your 3rd+ round of Loop Jackpots, you must not raise the mini-flipper to be eligible for the Loop Jackpot multipliers.
** If you drain with LOOP JACKPOT qualified (lit solid), it will not remain lit for your next ball – you have to start over qualifying it.

There are two ego awards associated with Loops: (1) most loops, and (2) highest Loop Jackpot total score.

Playfield Multipliers (PFx)

Shoot the flashing X targets around the playfield to qualify 2x Playfield scoring (“2X” orange insert lit solid). If 2x Playfield is qualified, complete the X targets a second time to qualify 3x Playfield scoring. Subsequent completions of the X targets with 3x qualified will increase the PFx timer.

Once qualified, activate the PFx by rolling over a lit Activate X inlane. Use the flipper buttons to toggle the lit inlane to control if/when you activate your PFx. Once activated, the associated 2X/3X insert begins flashing. The base timer for the playfield multiplier is 20 seconds. Hitting a flashing X target while the multiplier is active will add 5 seconds to the timer. While there’s no PFx timer displayed on-screen, the 2X/3X insert will flash faster as you get close to the timer expiring.

If you aren’t in a mode, alley passing from the right flipper through the left inlane into the Gravestone target will spot a flashing X target.

Completing a Super Skill Shot will immediately qualify your next PFx level.

PFx is always available to qualify except during Cyborg MB, 2MTM, and NOTB. (and Run to the Hills?)

There is an ego award for highest total score during one PFx period.

Revive

Shoot the left spinner to spell REVIVE. Spelling REVIVE lights outlanes for a REVIVE outlane ball-save. The first time you spell REVIVE, both outlanes will light for Revive. On factory settings, each outlane’s Revive is used individually – so when both outlanes are lit, you effectively have earned two Revives. Subsequent spelling of REVIVE only lights a single outlane, which cannot be toggled with flipper lane-change. Letters cannot be spotted while a Revive is still lit. Lit Revives carry over between balls.

There is an ego award for the most Revives used in one game.

Orb Award

Complete the drop targets to earn the Light Orb award. This lights the Orb target for a mystery award. Collect Light Orb again before shooting the Orb to increase the mystery level for better rewards.

There are three levels of mystery awards. If level 3 mystery is already lit, drop target awards will skip the Light Orb award.

There is an instant info page showing the current mystery level and also all its available awards.

Gravestone Target

Shatzing (alley passing) the left inlane to send the ball into the nondescript gravestone standup target will help you out with a running mode or multiball. If no mode or multiball is running, it will spot you one “X” toward your next PFx qualification.

Combos

A “combo” is performed by hitting distinct shots on the playfield in succession. Each different shot you hit will advance the active combo by 1. Unlike most games, an active combo does not “time out” if you take too long between shots. A combo ends when one of the following occurs:

Collecting a “Deathblow” (see Deathblow section below)
Hitting a shot that was already used as part of the active combo
Hitting any standup, any drop target, or 2 pop bumpers

Shots that count towards a combo:

Left Ramp
Big Loop
Left Orbit
Mini Loop
Right Ramp
Right Orbit

Combo scoring starts at 500,000 for a 2-way combo and increases exponentially. Since there are 6 different shots that can be used as part of a combo, the longest possible combo is 6-way. When a combo is currently in progress, the lamp to the right of the upper right flipper will strobe.

Deathblow

Ending a combo by hitting certain shots/targets awards a Deathblow, which scores points based on the length of the active combo. Deathblows also count towards your bonus. Some shots will award a Super Deathblow, which is worth 3x the value of a standard deathblow. Known deathblows:

EB Target
Mummy Captive Ball
Bulls-eye (SUPER)
SJP Target (SUPER)
Revive Spinner (SUPER)

There is an ego award for highest Deathblow score.

Extra Balls

On factory settings there are three ways to light extra balls:

Complete third power feature
Collect 5th Tomb Treasure award
Make 50 loops

On the Premium/LE there is an adjustment (Feature Adjustment #59 “Madness Extra Ball Stage”) for collecting extra ball also during Can I Play With Madness mode. This adjustment is set to 0 (disabled) on factory settings.

End of Ball Bonus

Bonus is scored as follows, and multiplied by Bonus X:

Switches × 3,500
Mummy Letters Collected × 25,000
Deathblows × 45,000
Loops × 50,000
Power Features Completed × 75,000
Soul Shards Collected × 250,000
Eddies Collected × 250,000 (level 2 Eddie cards count as two “Eddies” for bonus purposes)

There is an ego award for highest EOB Bonus collected.

Tomb Treasures

Collecting Soul Shards and other tasks lights the Tomb (Pro: right loop, LE: left ramp) to collect a Tomb Treasure. There are 10 different awards to collect in a set order:

1. 15 Million
2. Super Slings (slingshots worth 250k + 1K increment for rest of ball)
3. Depends on which model you’re playing on:
a) Pro: Boost Power Jackpot 15M (adds additional 15M to current Power Jackpot)
b) Premium/LE: Can I Play With Madness (multiball; specifically makes use of the Underworld scoop; it is also possible in settings to disable this mode and award the +15M Power Jackpot award instead)
4. Super Combos (5x combos and deathblows for rest of ball)
5. Light Extra Ball
6. Light Revive
7. Collect 2X Bonus - This 2X is multiplied by the current PF multiplier AND your current bonus multiplier so very large collects are possible here!
8. +5x Power Jackpot multiplier
9. 50 Million + Random Level 2 Eddie card spotted
10. Run to the Hills (super-wizard mode)

There are exactly 11 different objectives that will light a tomb treasure and repeating the same objective twice will not light another treasure (so you’ll need to complete 10 goals to start Run to the Hills). Also note that if you’ve collected only three Level 2 Eddie cards prior to Tomb Treasure #9, that collecting #9 will then immediately qualify #10. Soul Shards can be collected also as level 3 mystery awards after playing 2 Minutes to Midnight.

Fear of the Dark Soul Shard
Flight of Icarus Soul Shard
Aces High Soul Shard
Rime of the Ancient Mariner Soul Shard
Hallowed Be Thy Name Soul Shard
Collect a loop jackpot
Collect a 6-Way Combo
Mummy Super Jackpot
Trooper Super Jackpot
Complete Number of the Beast
Collect the “Level 2” versions of all 4 Eddie cards

Eddie Cards

There are 4 Eddie Card inserts to collect, which are required to qualify Number of the Beast (NOTB) wizard mode.
The four Level 1 Eddie Cards (lit solid) require:

Super Jackpot on Trooper Mutli-Ball
Super Jackpot on Mummy Multi-Ball
Reaching Cyborg Multiball (Completing the Power Pyramid)
Reaching 2 Minutes to Midnight

If you perform even better during those four tasks for Eddie Cards, you can collect a Level 2 Eddie Card. Once you’ve collected a Level 2 card, its insert will be pulsing instead of lit solidly. Level 2 Eddie Cards remain lit even after a failed NOTB wizard mode, and are required to reach the Run to the Hills super-wizard mode. Level 2 Eddie Card requirements are:

Advance all Trooper MB JP shots to 3x value (yellow) or collect one 5x Trooper JP (red).
A second SJP on Mummy MB.
Collect a 5x Cyborg MB SJP.
Collect a 2MTM double SJP.

Number of the Beast

Collect all 4 Eddie Card inserts (Level 1 or 2) to qualify Number of the Beast wizard mode.

NOTB Rules:

Untimed single-ball mode with a generous 30-second initial ball save
Phase 1: three shots lit with Red Arrows. Shoot any one of them to light timed Bulls-eye shot.
Phase 2: Shoot Bulls-eye within 5 seconds to start Counter-Attack phase, otherwise it reverts to Phase 1.
Phase 3: Counter-Attack – all shots lit Yellow for 10 seconds, but you cannot shoot the same shot consecutively.
Defeat the Beast with 12 Counter-Attack shots. You can requalify and repeat the Counter-Attack phase as needed.
If you lose your ball, you lose your battle against the Beast and have to requalify all 4 Eddie cards to challenge the Beast again (except for those Eddie cards that you collected a Level 2 Eddie card). If you have all four Level 2 Eddie cards, you will immediately get to rematch the Beast if you have another ball.
Defeating the Beast disables the flippers, drains your ball, then awards 100 Million plus re-awards the value of any Soul Shards collected earlier. Normal gameplay resumes on your current ball in play. Once the Beast has been defeated, it cannot be challenged again until Run to the Hills is played.
You may not qualify any PFx during NOTB, but you may activate a PFx you qualified prior to starting NOTB.

There is an ego award for highest NOTB mode score.

Run to the Hills

Mega-wizard mode awarded as the 10th Tomb Award. Observations based on Escher’s stream:

6-ball multiball.
Seems to be a hybrid of Cyborg and Trooper multiballs.
All shots are persistently lit for a jackpot.
Collecting one of each Power feature lights the Super Jackpot at the center ramp, but the Power features must be collected in order: Spinner -> Target -> Pop -> Orbit -> Ramp.
Collecting the Super Jackpot adds +1x to all Jackpots.
Awesome Super Jackpot animation.
Tomb Treasures do not seem to reset after this mode.

There is an ego award for highest RTTH wizard mode score.

Strategies

The single-ball Eddie battles (Fear of the Dark, Hallowed Be Thy Name, and Flight of Icarus) can be stacked up with either Trooper or Mummy Multiball if the shot that starts it is made during the mode. This potentially makes it a lot easier to qualify the Soul Shards for the modes. Flight of Icarus also works well as a stack with Mummy Multiball - the shots you have to make for your first add-a-ball just happen to be the ones you have to make during the mode.
Soul Shards can be collected also as level 3 mystery awards after playing 2 Minutes to Midnight. This can be really helpful when trying to reach Run to the Hills.
Work on qualifying the REVIVE at the outlanes during a Multiball or if you have a long enough ball saver. The left spinner is a notoriously risky shot that can end balls very quickly if you aren’t paying attention.
All of the Tomb Treasure awards are multiplied by Playfield Multipliers. Why take 15 million when you could take 45 million?

#5015 4 years ago

Some fruitful knowledge to have stored in your memory.

1. During aces and mariner the orb will always add a ball. The level you are at 1-3 will determine how much ball save comes with it 5-15 seconds.

2. While playfield X is active shooting the blinking X targets pauses the timer.

3. Secret skill shots- some are only available when plunging with the left flipper held in.

4. Loop jackpots, shooting mini loops during loop jackpot phase will add 3 seconds on to the timer.

5. Aces super jackpot- you can shatz the lock on phase of the fighter ace

6. 4 ball trooper multi-ball! Lock 2 balls for trooper then get Mummy MB qualified. Graze the captive ball on the PRO so that it continues through the spinner to start Trooper and this will give you 4 balls

7. Power jackpot increases - Hit the bullseye target when lit. Get a mystery award.

8. The backstage pass gives you all of this info in PDF:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/IM-Backstage-Pass-Rules.pdf

#5017 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not true about secret skill shot, got them without pushing left flipper.
I’ll test it out for sure but don’t think you need to use left flipper to call it.

What are you referencing?

If you are referring to this "3. Secret skill shots- some are only available when plunging with the left flipper held in.", it says only some of them are only available when holding the left flipper up.

1 week later
#5050 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

How about this...whats the quickest way to reset/cancel a game? On other pins, I can go into the menus and exit, and it resets/cancels the current game in progress, but not in IMDN. Is there a trick to canceling a game?

Hold in the start button.

#5108 4 years ago

My goodness, PinballMix is pretty awesome. If you want to remove or freshen up your Maiden music(or any game for that matter), check out PinballMix. I’m just a new customer of his product, and me and my fiancé dig it!

1 week later
#5169 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

What does the shatz-able cross in the lower left do? Thanks

Gravestone Target: This nondescript target above the left inlane may not seem important, but hitting it with an alley pass can be extremely helpful. Making this combo will spot an “X” target during normal play or help you out if you’re in an Eddie Battle.

#5209 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

What are all the possible ways to earn tomb treasures? Lately I seem to be getting at least one per game for reasons unknown to me. Thanks.

Tomb Treasures

Collecting Soul Shards and other tasks lights the Tomb (Pro: right loop, LE: left ramp) to collect a Tomb Treasure. There are 10 different awards to collect in a set order:

1. 15 Million

2. Super Slings (slingshots worth 250k + 1K increment for rest of ball)

3. Depends on which model you’re playing on:
a) Pro: Boost Power Jackpot 15M (adds additional 15M to current Power Jackpot)
b) Premium/LE: Can I Play With Madness (multiball; specifically makes use of the Underworld scoop; it is also possible in settings to disable this mode and award the +15M Power Jackpot award instead)

4. Super Combos (5x combos and deathblows for rest of ball)

5. Light Extra Ball

6. Light Revive

7. Collect 2X Bonus - This 2X is multiplied by the current PF multiplier AND your current bonus multiplier so very large collects are possible here!

8. +5x Power Jackpot multiplier

9. 50 Million + Random Level 2 Eddie card spotted

10. Run to the Hills (super-wizard mode)

There are exactly 11 different objectives that will light a tomb treasure and repeating the same objective twice will not light another treasure (so you’ll need to complete 10 goals to start Run to the Hills). Also note that if you’ve collected only three Level 2 Eddie cards prior to Tomb Treasure #9, that collecting #9 will then immediately qualify #10. Soul Shards can be collected also as level 3 mystery awards after playing 2 Minutes to Midnight.

Fear of the Dark Soul Shard
Flight of Icarus Soul Shard
Aces High Soul Shard
Rime of the Ancient Mariner Soul Shard
Hallowed Be Thy Name Soul Shard
Collect a loop jackpot
Collect a 6-Way Combo
Mummy Super Jackpot
Trooper Super Jackpot
Complete Number of the Beast
Collect the “Level 2” versions of all 4 Eddie cards

1 week later
#5315 4 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

Anyone have any ideas when new code will be dropping, hopeful by the end of the year!!!

Should be out by Expo.

#5331 4 years ago

So Keith just dropped some interesting info today.

1. Big code update coming
2. The shooter rod was accidental
3. There is a set screw along the back loop that can be tightened or loosen. If you loosen it, it will make the ball go around the big loops slower. Tighten it up and it makes go faster.

#5343 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Sounds like an excuse for a poor design. Why would there be a super skill shot for that particular shot?

The super skill shot was never part of the game. As the previous post mentioned, the plunger was there simply to aim at the single stand up target in the middle. Once they incorporated the auto-launch, which was sending the ball all the way around the loop, that was not intended by Keith. He didn't have that planned out in the design. So from there they ran with the idea of adding the super skill shot to allow you to plunge towards something else.

#5355 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How did you get it, if you didn't order it or know what its for?

He didn't order it. He is quoting another Pinsider.

RVH - That part goes along the back orbit, where balls shoot up the center ramp, hit the bullseye, and then fall straight down to the playfield. On initial games all that they put there was mylar. After several months they started installing this. So if you have a game that still has mylar, you can reach out to Stern Support with your serial number and they will ship you this replacement part which provides better protection against the ball drops.

#5363 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Can anyone post the location of the set screw Keith was talking about? I was not tracking what he was saying at all.

Dead center of the game along the back orbit. Directly to the left of the bullseye target. The screw is facing down towards the PF, and it’s screwed into the end of the metal guide.

4EA58B50-BA1D-428D-8E21-7E4DF67AD2F1 (resized).jpeg4EA58B50-BA1D-428D-8E21-7E4DF67AD2F1 (resized).jpeg
#5377 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Wicked score! What's the strategy to get big points? I consistently get Cyborg, but my average score is like 300M.
I was one Mummy shot away from lighting Beast, and I think that game was like 520M.

Quick strategy tips are:

1. Light revive immediately
2. Focus on loops
3. When you get PF multiplier make sure you only cash it in when you are ready to score big. Only cash it in when you have loop jackpot ready, or running FOTD or Hallowed modes. Also watch your Power Jackpot, once it hits a healthy number cash in the multiplier and then collect.

2 weeks later
#5511 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Talking of the loop shot earlier... I heard that Keith said there is a screw at the loop that can be adjusted to slow the speed down.
Can anyone confirm if it's the one placed on the metal ramp right at the edge, just before it drops behind the sarcophagus?!

See Topic Key Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture.

#5523 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Yep, that's the screw...now what do you do with it? Does it lower the ramp to make it slower or faster?
Has anyone done this at all?

There is a set screw along the back loop that can be tightened or loosen. If you loosen it, it will make the ball go around the big loops slower. Tighten it up and it makes go faster.

#5538 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I dont know if this is common knowledge but I didnt know until tonight.
If you are going for the super skill shot and you hit the mini loop prior to hitting the target, it will light 3x playfield multiplier instead of 2x.

You should try hitting the loop twice then hitting the target

1 week later
#5548 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone answer the following questions please?
Does this shaker work in the game? I've heard guys having issues with the shaker activating the slam tilt. Is that still an issue?
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
What mirror blades work for this game? Will these work even thought they say they are for Stern DMD?
https://cointaker.com/products/stern-mirror-blades

Check out the new Pinshakers! You get maximum and ultimate control over the shaker.

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1657-pinshakers

Scratch that, not ready for IMDN yet.

#5554 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone explain to me how the drop targets work in this game???

Drop Targets: A 3-bank of drop targets that can be made off of almost any flipper. When completed, they award the following (in this order): “Bonus X” (up to 50x), “Lite Orb” (plus advancing the Mystery level by 1), and “Lite Lock” (for Trooper Multiball, all 3 Locks the first time and just 1 Lock every time after. Can’t be collected during a Multiball round.)

Complete the drop targets to collect the flashing award. Sweep all three drop targets to collect two times the drop target value (increased by hitting the Orb) and two awards at once. The awards in order are Advance Bonus X (maxes out at 50x), Light Orb, and Light Trooper Locks. The game starts with Light Orb lit as the first award, but competition settings will start with Advance BonusX as the first award.

1 week later
#5611 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Has there be any whispers for when the next code update is coming?? Seemed to be some stirring a while back but nothing happened

They were hoping in time for Expo, didn’t happen with JP taking priority.

1 month later
#5788 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

If it doesn't need to be waxed, then shouldn't the right flipper be able to hit the center target? Just trying to figure out what's wrong here.

Start with checking the flipper coil power. Next, lift the PF and examine the entire flipper mechanism to make sure nothing is amiss.

1 week later
#5822 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Update,
Played with the spoon of the captive ball, it solved the issue for a game or two, but now the issue is back.
This is horribly frustrating

Just replace the switches and your frustrations will go away.

#5841 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m still on 1.05. I need to update to 1.06 but I was trying to understand all the rules before I updated.

Don't try and understand all the rules because things change with the new version. No need to waste time on the old version.

2 weeks later
#5923 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also while I'm here. Wth is the (?) hi score?

Shatz

#5931 4 years ago

The Gravestone Target is very powerful. This nondescript target above the left inlane may not seem important, but hitting it with an alley pass can be extremely helpful. Making this combo will spot an “X” target during normal play or help you out if you’re in an Eddie Battle.

Also, when playing Fear of the Dark, after you shoot a purple arrow shot, the next satisfying shot on this game is ripping the upper spinner with the right flipper and letting it orbit all the way around back to the bottom right flipper and one timing the left spinner for insane points. It's very tough to do but it's awesome when you pull it off!

4 weeks later
#6095 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Woo hoo Jurassic Park 1.0 released today... does this mean a new IM code release is coming soon?

It will be released before TPF.

#6164 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am thinking about giving this machine a whirl, but wanted to secure a different custom music mix someone has created first. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Pinball Mix does a stellar job.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Local-Business/Pinball-MIX-1841127499277944/

1 month later
#6326 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Anyone kno... i had someone do a custom soundtrack on an sd card... if new code drops, do i need to put the original sd card in the game and forget about the custom soundtrack? Or is ok to keep the custom sd card in and perform an update?

The update will wipe everything out. Once the update is done, you will need the person who made your custom music bed to redo it.

#6334 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Unfortunately there does not seem to be any real urgency for completing our code update.

Umm, we are in the middle of a pandemic. Stern sent everyone home. I'm sure there is some limitations to what Keith can do while working from home verus in the office. Plus, my guess is since he is working on game 4 already, he's probably putting more efforts into the future of Stern, versus the past. With the factory shut down, they are going to need to come out of this pandemic with a grand slam title, so maybe his efforts are focus on that more than IMDN.

Does this game need an update? Absolutely and it's in the works. But the game will still rock on without that update. Patience is a virtue.

#6354 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

lol, that's pretty great. You got me thinking about changing the music on my maiden - do you by chance have a list of the stock songs used with their respective lengths?
And any tips or pointers for replacing music? I haven't looked into it. I'm just starting to look through the pinball browser thread on pinside.

The replacement songs don’t have to be exactly the same length, however what mp3 file you do drop in has to be the same length. I have 26 songs loaded into my maiden, but that involved fading and mixing tracks to equal the length of the existing tracks.

For example, Rime of Ancient Mariner is like 12 minutes or something, I did a mashup of 4-5 songs to cover that entire track.

1 week later
#6409 4 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Thank you for the reply. So, you replaced the default white GI with frosted leds? What does that do? I've heard of frosted bulbs, but I don't think I've seen them in person. Would you recommend frosted bulbs for the red ones?

I did the same. The frosted are easier on the eyes, but still bring the brightness.

3 weeks later
#6549 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I sure hope so and I love how the audits keep track of the games that you reset quick. Anyone have any speculation on The next theme or where in the release calendar would be Keith’s next game? I wish he was on TMNT...

No speculation on the theme, but Elwin is already working on game 4.

#6552 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I guess you are counting Archer as game 1?

No. Game 4 at Stern.

#6563 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The consensus is that another update is coming? I kind of thought one was being worked on when the 'making of Jurassic Park' video had a clip with a whiteboard and some updated rule notes.
Rob

Yes, there is at least one more big update on the way.

1 month later
#6723 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Joined the club \m/[quoted image]

I put that up on 1 ball. . Did you give up JP for this, or just add another game to the wife’s home office, lol?

Edit - JP is to the right

#6725 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Future all Elwin collection here I come!
Score isn't great but that was already set from when it was at the Railroad. Now that's it's home I'm going to give it the business. 1b+ coming soon.

2 years later, I’m still trying to defeat the Beast. Heck, I’ve only got to battle him once and that was about a month ago. Still our most played game. Approaching 3000 plays.

1 week later
#6805 3 years ago

Competition mode installed.

DEE5A412-E437-4CED-A093-C1BF8B087FA9 (resized).jpegDEE5A412-E437-4CED-A093-C1BF8B087FA9 (resized).jpeg
#6842 3 years ago

I just got to Cyborg on Ball 1. One extra ball. Game ended with 330M. What a let down!

#6874 3 years ago

Relax everyone. It's still happening 100%. Things got pushed back, that is all. Keith has been busting ass polishing Jurassic Park, as well as Game #3 AND Game #4. Hang in there, it will drop when you least expect it, just don't expect it in the next month or so.

#6991 3 years ago

Been giving this game hell the past couple of weeks trying to A) get to the Beast again and B) defeat him!

So tonight I threw on my Legacy of the Beast shirt and started another run. I played 3-4 warm up games then started my attempt.

Game is set to factory settings with a pretty decent tilt level.

After Ball 1, and the 1 extra ball I earned, I had 3 EDDIE cards.

5F9E6339-0ACF-4629-9455-6C892AEC5982 (resized).jpeg5F9E6339-0ACF-4629-9455-6C892AEC5982 (resized).jpeg

On Ball 2 I got to 2MTM, which gave me my fourth card and drained out.

939C75B2-4B5A-493E-A659-32BE95021D01 (resized).jpeg939C75B2-4B5A-493E-A659-32BE95021D01 (resized).jpeg

Started ball 3 with the Beast ready to go. This was my second time ever battling the Beast. The first time I played terrible and only took 2-3 health away. While I didn’t defeat him, I did get him down to 6 health. Pretty ironic what my final score was too!

8B24ACC5-3E37-414D-94B4-15E35F7B4F05 (resized).jpeg8B24ACC5-3E37-414D-94B4-15E35F7B4F05 (resized).jpeg6EBD2AC3-A3AF-4035-B5AC-2489F7B586EB (resized).jpeg6EBD2AC3-A3AF-4035-B5AC-2489F7B586EB (resized).jpegE05D653D-309A-47BE-AD9D-2F3F6A7AF2A0 (resized).jpegE05D653D-309A-47BE-AD9D-2F3F6A7AF2A0 (resized).jpeg

#7008 3 years ago

#reviveftw

#7034 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Jeez, I must suck. Haven’t sniffed the Beast yet. Mummy Card still eludes me. Gotta keep playing!

I wouldn’t claim that you suck. Every game is setup different(not taking anything away from Eskaybee). But game setup can dictate a lot. For example, I’m a pretty decent player (IFPA rank 350), and I have owned IMDN Pro since launch, so a little over 2 years. Just until last month I had never battled the beast due to my game setup. 7 degree angle, semi-tight tilt. No rubbers on posts, set to Tournament mode, EBs off, initial ball save at 3 seconds and all MB ball saves lowered by 10 seconds.

Last month I decided to set all my games to default. I’ve now had 3 attempts at the beast in 3 weeks. Almost every game is over 500 million.

One other thing, prior to quarantine, every time I played the game I was only going for maximum score. Everything changes when you go into the game with a specific game plan.

So, loosen her up a bit and enjoy and explore the $6000 piece of equipment you have!

#7048 3 years ago

Here we go! Ball 1 over, starting EB now. Got 2 Eddie cards lit. Cyborg ready. 1 Eddie letter away from lighting my last mode to get to 2M2M. Is the Beast gonna happen??? Stay tuned!

00E0F1CF-CB2E-4123-8147-D2F960E5CAA9 (resized).jpeg00E0F1CF-CB2E-4123-8147-D2F960E5CAA9 (resized).jpeg
#7049 3 years ago

SIGH! Ball 1 Extra Ball, plunge into sling and right to the outlane, auto launch all the way around to right flipper, passed to the left flipper, first flip brick the ramp post and monster drain to the left outlane.

On to Ball 2. Total wasted opportunity.

#7051 3 years ago

Ball 2 is over. I got 2M2M lit. 1 jackpot away from Mummy card but I got to relight the entire thing again. Also got my 5th tomb award and EB is lit again. Hopefully I can cash it in.

981501EA-145D-4FD6-BC81-554B60D2336C (resized).jpeg981501EA-145D-4FD6-BC81-554B60D2336C (resized).jpeg
#7052 3 years ago

Ball 3 over. 98 million on 2M2M. Playing my final EB. Need 5 shots to captive ball to start Mummy and then cash in one jackpot to Battle the Beast. Here. We. Go.

3CE082FB-FBD3-481D-B889-C789FD4E1B5E (resized).jpeg3CE082FB-FBD3-481D-B889-C789FD4E1B5E (resized).jpeg
#7053 3 years ago

Forgot, this was 3rd time playing Mummy, requires double the shots so I had to hit the captive ball 10 times!!!! Got it and hit the Super to collect the card. Beast is ready. It’s showtime.

E9E6AF84-6554-4331-BB33-AC3566CD3D15 (resized).jpegE9E6AF84-6554-4331-BB33-AC3566CD3D15 (resized).jpeg
#7054 3 years ago

The Beast won. Oh yea, I got a custom audio mix on my Maiden, final sing is AC/DC - Highway To Hell!

47B9F276-D2B8-4427-AB0D-F2A6F2A2CFD2 (resized).jpeg47B9F276-D2B8-4427-AB0D-F2A6F2A2CFD2 (resized).jpeg
#7057 3 years ago

Last night was my 4th time battling the Beast in 4 weeks. It's only a matter of time now before I defeat him. And then I get to Run To The Hills!!!

#7066 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I don’t know about this game. Too frickin hard. Getting soul shards and Eddie cards is a PITA and I don’t think I’ll ever reach Battle The Beast or RTTH. Lately it has been more frustrating than fun. Soon to be on the chopping block if things don’t change. I know play better but just can seem to get any control or make any shots while in multiball. Sometimes I try to cradle up and hit shots but doing that blocks shots, then you have to stage the left flipper to make the left inner loop which puts the balls back out of control. Then I try just hitting and flailing and that leads to chaos, balls hitting other balls and not making shots. I guess I just suck at this game.

Go back to the previous page and read my little blurb on setting up your game to play easier. It’s NOT cheating. You have a $6000 machine at your house that’s making you frustrated and it should never be that way.

Set the difficulty to easy.
Shrink your outlanes.
Lower loops EB from 50 to 25.
Increase the ball save time on all MB’s by 5–0 seconds.

Remember, this game was designed by a former #1 player and with settings on “factory” the game can still be very tough for ALOT of people.

So, don’t feel bad for making the game ENJOYABLE! After you start reaching some of these impossible modes, slowly start to make the game harder again. Enjoy!

#7067 3 years ago

Oh yea don’t forget this game added another accolade to its lengthy list of awards.

2020 Stern Showdown Champion!

#7073 3 years ago

I'm jealous of all of you players out there working from home getting better and better every single day! I got to work from home for about 4-5 days during this whole pandemic and my skills are sliding backwards

#7096 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone else feel that the NOTB wizard mode could be more exciting? Maybe an add-a-ball, or shoot again bonus if you hits a certain number of things?
Also, feel like a more intense light show and callous, ala Lord of the Rings, would make this one hell of a fun mode.

That’s why I swapped in Highway to Hell song, that at least ups the energy!

2 weeks later
#7188 3 years ago

FYI they make a "pee break" device that you place over the flipper button to hold the balls while you walk away to pee, drink, etc. Get some.

#7192 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Link? I gotta see this thing

I don’t have the link. It was on a recent podcast. Some guy is making them.

2 weeks later
#7239 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Werent we supposed to get a code update after JP hit 1.0 code?
Im stupidly excited about Avengers but i still want my Maiden update.

Code update is still happening. Just gonna have to wait on it. But it’s coming.

#7244 3 years ago

Relax. It’s going to happen. 2 major things popped up that delayed the code.

Covid.

Avengers. This game was bumped up the in production, thus shifting priorities.

#7286 3 years ago

Yes, initially we were waiting on JP 1.0, then AIQ took precedent after that.

2 weeks later
#7338 3 years ago

Code update coming to fix a huge exploit! Credit to World Champion Escher Lekoff.

Credit to Zach Parks for telling me about this and credit to Zach McCarthy for figuring out the best way of maximizing the scoring.

To keep things short, you can completely freeze every timer in flight of icarus. Not only does the mode timer not run, the combo timer wont run either meaning you can get insane scores very quickly. I’m not 100% sure if playfield X’s time out or not, but there’s a chance they will freeze as well.

The set-up is actually quite easy. All you have to do is start mummy stacked in with icarus (works on both prem and pro). You immediately cradle up and time out the ballsaver. Hit the right ramp once and drain one of the balls and cradle up again without hitting anything. The animation of the Mummy total will come up, and now the game is temporarily soft-locked.

Now the catch to it is that it is very delicate, and random things will unlock you from the state. For example, sometimes completing a power jackpot will unlock the game, and other times it will not. Any major animation will unlock it like collecting a power jackpot or locking a trooper ball. Hitting both flippers together will unlock it and sometimes it will random unlock itself.

The scoring potential is insane, and Zach McCarthy already has multiple games over the 10b mark. I would love to see a game get past a trillion before it gets patched. Let me know if you have any questions on getting it to work and I can provide a video if needed. Good luck!

Stern is already aware of the bug, and it will hopefully be patched soon.

Zach McCarthy’s best, 2b icarus and 16b in TMTM.

#7348 3 years ago

2ACAC31B-C6BA-4DDF-8A71-CE1AA29D23C3 (resized).jpeg2ACAC31B-C6BA-4DDF-8A71-CE1AA29D23C3 (resized).jpeg

Big scores now being put up.

#7363 3 years ago

Anyone else using the exploit to blow the game up?

#7378 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Cannot get this to work at all. Anyone else try it?

Yep. Just haven't been successful posting big scores because I keep hitting the power jackpot which starts the timers again.

#7382 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I tried a couple times on a premium, and I couldn't keep the timers locked up. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong. If you have to keep hitting the ramps and nothing else, then that's probably my problem. Has anyone posted a video of this yet?

The ramps is how you rack up your score, but you can miss. The only thing you can’t do is hit a shot that will trigger an animation. Examples are power jackpot, center bullseye, trooper lock, etc.

#7387 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I must of missed some posts here recently in the last few weeks. How the hell are some of you putting up these massive high scores??

Scroll back 1 page. Scoring exploit/bug in the game.

#7390 3 years ago

It's really quite simple to trigger.

1. Start Icarus
2. Immediately start Mummy MB
3. Trap up both balls.
4. Let ball save timer expire.
5. Shoot the RIGHT ramp, then drain the other ball.
6. Timers are now frozen.

#7451 3 years ago

Another Pro owner with no issues from the right. Pitch is very close to 7.

3 weeks later
#7539 3 years ago

Code is still coming people. Whether it comes tomorrow or 10 months from now it doesn’t matter since the game is rock solid now. And the update will be way more than bug fixes. Patience is a virtue.

Besides, Keith Elwin pisses excellence, and you can’t rush excellence.

1 month later
#7678 3 years ago

In case everyone missed it, Elwin announced that the code update is 100% coming before the end of the year. This will be it unless major bugs arise. DJ Mixer will also be implemented.

Patience is a virtue. Enjoy.

#7681 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I did - where was this announced?
Happy days.

First hint was on his FB page, official announcement on Loser podcast.

#7688 3 years ago

He was joking.

1 week later
#7706 3 years ago

For those of you eagerly waiting for the code to drop, I hope you aren’t expecting a ton of changes and additions. The fundamentals will remain the same. It’s just a lot of little polish on the existing code, more adjustments to scoring and balancing and bug fixes.

1 week later
#7747 3 years ago

Little birdie told me we might get a gift tomorrow!!!

#7800 3 years ago

Installing now as well.

#7806 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Question...
If i have custom soundtrack sd card in maiden, can i still update code and keep those alternate tracks or does it go back to the original maiden music?

It will wipe it. Get another SD card.

#7807 3 years ago

I was really hoping for the flipper select option for wizard mode.

#7810 3 years ago

That’s not accurate. You will need to update any SD card to the new code, then go back and insert all of your custom music on the NEW SD card. If you update to the new code on SD Card “B”, then pull it out and out in SD Card “A” with your custom music, it’s going to load whatever code is on card “A”.

#7835 3 years ago

RE: Saving scores. This is a newer feature Stern added to code. Thus Stranger Things saved them. Check the read me file for the IMDN, it states that this update will wipe all scores and audits, but all future updates will preserve them.

#7849 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Anyone able to put do a custom soundtrack for me on this new code?
$$$ message me.

PinballMix.

#7994 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Was planning to do this update, but hearing the cool machine gun sounds are removed in Aces High and game end sequences is making me hold off. The new additions sound great, but was anything else removed in the new code? If machine gun sounds was a safety concern, then simply add a family mode like Metallica, Family Guy, Sopranos, etc.

Doesn’t have anything to do with that as they added machine gun shots to the bonus countdown.

#8022 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Is it possible to go back to a previous code after installing the new ?

Gotta be quick and download the previous code though. Stern keeps it relevant (and real), and they remove old code from the site.

#8045 3 years ago
Quoted from luckyjab:

Is there an option to turn off the combo timer in order to collect death blows? Thanks

I’m pretty confident there is no timer on the combos. You simply can’t repeat a shot or hit drops, targets, etc.

#8047 3 years ago
Quoted from luckyjab:

I meant to say can we turn off the timer for death blows? There definitely is a timer for that with the new code?

Not sure what the old code was, but just tested and you have 5 seconds to hit the death blow after you successfully do a combo. Once the 5 seconds runs out, your combo is still “active”, meaning hit another shot in the sequence and again you will have 5 seconds to hit the death blow.

#8056 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Kinda same here. Had mine nearly 2 years now. Never had more than 2 Eddie Cards, might of had 3 once, but don't think so. HS is pushing 800 million. Get to Cyborg MB about every 4th or 5th game. Just can't get over the hump i guess. Always get that outlane drain when i'm a shot or 2 away from the next step

Here is what I do when I want to explore the game, which is different than trying to score a lot points. Soft plunge to get the ball to the right flipper, rip Revive spinner. Get ball back to right flipper ASAP and rip the spinner again (my game takes 2 rips to light Revive the first time around). From there I focus on Mummy MB. I used to stack Mummy with other modes, no longer the case when playing for wizard modes. Start Mummy and focus on getting your 5 Mummy jackpots to secure Eddie card #1. From there start trooper (with or without a mode doesn't matter) as my focus is to get the super jackpot to get the 2nd eddie card. NOTE - Anytime I start any MB and I no longer have my Revive outlanes lit, I ALWAYS rip spinners during the MB ball save and I don't shoot for anything else. Getting Revive lit a second time is critical to getting deep in the game. After Trooper card is secured I work on completing Cyborg. I have my left ramp shot down to about 80% and all I do is shoot it, ski jump pass to the right flipper and shoot it again and again. I never try and shoot at the right ramp to complete the Power Ramps. Also, I never play out Icarus mode when going for wizard mode. Instead I focus on relighting Mummy MB while the mode is running to avoid cheap brick drains by shooting at the ramps. Give it a try!

#8060 3 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

For some reason I can almost never hit the revive spinner when I try. When I don't try it happens quite often, but to hit it deliberately? Pah.

It’s a shot that requires practice. I only hit it about 60-70% of the time, but I have put a lot of time into just shooting revive over and over and over.

#8073 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I don't bother focusing so much on revive. After Robert posted his YouTube video, it has influenced a lot of players to focus on it too much.
You should go for revive, but only at strategic moments when other important shots are not lit. During ball save is a good strategy, especially if you need the pop bumper X. During some MBs is good too.
I find loops to be more beneficial as they lead to an extra ball. I get revive usually only once per game and average scores over 500 mil. If I focus too much on revive, goodbye extra ball and hello drain.

The quickest path to an EB is getting 3 power modes knocked out. I never get EB's by doing loops and I actually go for the loop shot quite often.

4 weeks later
#8334 3 years ago

Here is my personal best. All done on ball 3.

C0CCFCC9-ED03-45F7-BCAE-6820E4A0DD67 (resized).jpegC0CCFCC9-ED03-45F7-BCAE-6820E4A0DD67 (resized).jpeg
#8366 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

How do u get multipliers? Hit all tge x standups?

The standup X targets get you your play field multiplier of either 2x or 3x. The power jackpot multipliers are earned by completing power modes and not cashing them in.

Once a Power Feature is complete, the Power Jackpot is available to cash in at the Orb spot target and that Feature’s yellow triangle insert begins pulsing. You can instead complete another Power Feature (before cashing in the first Power Jackpot qualified) to multiply (+1x) the value of the lit Power Jackpot. The Power Jackpot unlights if you drain before it is cashed in. When you collect the Power Jackpot or drain with a Power Jackpot lit, the associated completed Power Feature yellow triangle inserts will change to solidly lit and their screen icons will be gray with a red checkmark.

The Power Jackpot can be multiplied up to 6x by completing all five Power Features, although there are other ways to advance the multiplier too - and potentially beyond 6x (Mystery, Tomb awards, and Secret Skill Shot to the Orb). And like all other scoring in Iron Maiden, it can be further multiplied by 2x/3x via the Playfield Multiplier.

#8383 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Wow - I'd have said that was impossible in that time frame! Well done.
Best I've done is just under 20 seconds

Bringing in other multiballs along with animations will pause the timer even though shots count.

#8385 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

What's the purpose of the flipper fans?

All of Stern's newer games have coils that over heat after continuous play. Anything between 30 minutes to 1 hour and the coils start producing less power, thus making ramps harder to hit, etc. Install the fans and never have this problem.

#8389 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I may have noticed that when trying to get up the middle ramp after a while. (not sure). How much did they set you back?

$100 for a plug and play version.

https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit

#8391 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

How bout they just make better coils? never heard of this or noticed a difference. If so... What a joke stern!

It’s terrible. Newer games like Avengers and Stranger Things suffer big time.

2 weeks later
#8455 3 years ago
Quoted from SaltyCracker:

Hi Guys,
I'm new in the Pinball society.
I have an Iron Maiden Pro but the translite is not really my favorite. I prefer the one from the premium model or if not available the one from the LE.
So I would like to do the other translite by myself. Therefore my question is: is someone here who can do a hi-resolution photo from his premium/LE translite and send it to me?
Thx in advance and Regards

You also have these 2 options:

DB24AE26-2375-46BB-96D0-DCE069739449 (resized).jpegDB24AE26-2375-46BB-96D0-DCE069739449 (resized).jpegFE4BF06F-956E-4337-BF31-100457A5E583 (resized).jpegFE4BF06F-956E-4337-BF31-100457A5E583 (resized).jpeg
#8460 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Anyone who's bought from them have an idea how long in terms of shipping since they're not in the states??

Ask Mudflaps he just bought a Stranger Things one.

3 weeks later
#8560 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Shatzing the ball up the right flipper and hitting the tombstone target.

This is correct. To expand on it for those not quite familiar with a shatz, also known as an alley pass, when the ball is on the right flipper, to perform a “shatz” you let the ball roll down all the way to the very tip of the flipper and then you flip to make the ball roll up the left inlane with enough speed that it hits the graveyard market positioned above the left inlane. Hitting this target via an alley pass while in MB or in a Eddie Battle mode will complete one of the lit shots for you.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hold left flipper, plunge halfway to the top orbit so it falls back to small flipper, hit super jackpot target

This only awards you with an ego award for super skill shots.

3 months later
#8808 2 years ago

Besides Pinmonk’s color light trees, this is the only other mod I personally care to spend money on.

0800AB72-8FAB-4493-AE18-58FD55F36C53 (resized).jpeg0800AB72-8FAB-4493-AE18-58FD55F36C53 (resized).jpeg5B552437-49DE-484F-AC3D-427BA4FE54D6 (resized).jpeg5B552437-49DE-484F-AC3D-427BA4FE54D6 (resized).jpeg
#8811 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I haven’t seen that mod yet. Thx for sharing

It’s been a long time coming!

#8813 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Who sells them? Yes I agree the Pinmonk color light tree is great

Wizmod.

#8824 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Do you have a link? I checked google and couldn't locate anything.

Sorry, Wizard Mod.

https://wizardmod.com

#8826 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Thanks. IMDN Pro is my first and only machine so far. The family and I are really enjoying it. I've added a few mods so far. I see us getting another machine in the future.
I picked up the Night version for mine. I think the color looks a letter better with the Pro art. Here's the link to it. I can't seem to upload the image.
https://wizardmod.com/collections/wizpanels-speaker-panel-art/products/iron-maiden-night-pinball-magnetic-wizpanels

I went back and forth on the 2 version. I ended up choosing the lighter one because the PF and backboard blend into the lighter one better. The only "dark" is in the backglass. I don't think you can go wrong with either version.

1 week later
#8864 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

New to me IM Prem, 1500+ plays.
I have done quite a bit of cleaning and screw tightening to it already.
Not a fan of the translite. Anything else out there?
Any suggested mods (I'm going to get blades from Tilt Graphics and shooter rod and flipper bat toppers) for this game?
Not a great big fan of action figures.

Before you buy blades from Tilt, do yourself a favor and check out all the sweet stuff Wizard Mods is putting out.

https://wizardmod.com/collections/iron-maiden-pinball-mods

#8894 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Wow, I didn’t don’t know there was 2 Cyborg multi-balls and 5 tomb treasures, haha. I better get busy playing. Congrats. Good score.

10 tomb treasures.

#8938 2 years ago

Also bring in 2x scoring to double your jackpots, which gets you to the super faster.

1 month later
#9153 2 years ago

So this game will be getting a code update eventually for the Insider Connect program. What are the chances that one of the wizard modes becomes available as a mini game at the start?

#9171 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thanks! I saw that grill cover for Iron Maiden in allentown at the lermods booth. they didnt know where it came from. Just ordered.

If you have the Pro, I hope you ordered the Night/Dark theme!

1 week later
#9209 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Can any one help clarify or help with the Super Skill Shot? My understanding is you plunge just strong enough to roll back to the upper left flipper, then shoot the super jackpot target. I have read conflicting info whether or not you need to hold the left flipper button while doing this. Mine will not register it either way. I have also tried the MXV, hitting the inner loop before the SJ target, and no go there either. Every other skill shot seems to work, and all switches test fine. I have done it manually, so I know I am not missing or hitting anything else between the orbit entry opto and the SJ target. I have even tried giving the spinner a small spin between in case it needs that to register that it fed the upper left flipper. Nothing seems to trigger the Super Skill Shot. By any chance was it removed from the latest code? I reset factory settings after I got the machine, and I have have gone through the options, without finding anything that would turn it off.
Regular skill shot works, plunge to outlane or inlane works, the left flipper up full plunge to orb works, etc. But no SSS. Any help with this mystery is appreciated. Thanks!

Super Skill Shot

Hold the left flipper and plunge to the inner orbit. The ball will roll back down to the upper flipper. Shoot the Super Jackpot shot to score a Super Skill Shot worth 10 million points, a lit Playfield Multiplier, and 20 seconds of ball saver time.

There is an ego award for most Super Skill Shots.

2 weeks later
#9418 2 years ago

1.08 is the latest, which came out like 6 months ago.

#9437 2 years ago
Quoted from JLaw:

Okay, so I discovered that my orbits are only registering occasionally. When I am in regular play, the orbits sometimes register, but not every time. I notice that my orbits are the last power feature to light since they do not register every time. Last night I had a tomb treasure lit on the right orbit and rolled through several times but it did not register. When in Trooper Multi-Ball, the spinner (left orbit) is lit for a jackpot but when I hit it, it does not register the jackpot. When I run a switch test, all switches are fine. With the glass off, the left orbit spinner registers as an orbit. When I roll a ball all the way through the left orbit it registers as an orbit too. When I roll a ball through the right orbit it registers as an orbit. Is this orbit issue a software issue or a switch issue?

You need the loop opto upgrade kit in order to fix.

https://pu-parts.com/imd-iron-maiden-pu-upgrade-kit

https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/stern-iron-maiden-playfield-upgrade-kit/

3 weeks later
#9705 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

oh! I knew there had to be more to it. I did not know about the level 2 cards and the other tombs... This is certainly a game changer!!!
phew!
knowing this, now I realize I might be only 25% into the game code.
Love the shots, I dont think I played a game with such fun shots... I am really curious about JP, only played a little bit and looks really fun too and before anybody says it, had AIQ for a few months but absolutely hated it.

Disable extra balls and turn down your MB ball saves to 8 seconds. Then see if you can routinely hit 400-600 million and get to Cyborg

#9730 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I still have “ directors cut” settings on. Been a month now and still not really sure what changes that makes to the rule set . Anyone able to figure that out yet?

Go into settings, anything not set to default is a change made by directors cut install.

4 weeks later
#10000 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

2 minutes to midnight. Is there any “winning” that mode? I got through the shots and then they just came up again. Or do i have to go through the shots multiple times?

Starting 2MTM immediately awards its Eddie card. Scoring a Double Super Jackpot awards a Level 2 Eddie card. In order to score a double super and earn the Level 2 card you will need to complete all the lit shots twice before collecting the super. If you instead complete shots once, score the super, then complete shots again, and score the super again, the level 2 card will not be awarded.

3 weeks later
#10341 2 years ago

Any volunteers with pinball browser want to tackle a small project?

Metallica received not one, but two Christmas music code updates, which are fantastic and can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/christmetallica-a-christmas-sound-mod#post-6634251

Anyone up to the challenge of making a custom Christmas mix for Iron Maiden?

4 weeks later
#10552 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

My left slingshot started double firing once in a while after I changed the rubber a while back. Before I adjusted the switches I wanted to see if I could tell which one was causing it but after firing the slingshot from the diagnostic menu 100 or more times it never double fired once.
Any ideas what might cause this if it's not the switches themselves? I watched them and they never touched when the sling was returning.

Sling rubber is too tight. Either go up a size or pull really hard on the rubber to “stretch” it out.

#10561 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Almost got to the beast again. 1 card away and it was the modes completed card, sooo close.
All the magic happened on ball 3!

Pro tip - next time you get that close, open up the coin door, go into settings and change number of balls from 3 to 4. Resume play and relish battling the Beast!

6 months later
#11737 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

I usually try for one of the secret skill shots; perfect plunge to the left outlane for 20M. Outlane drained are my specialty lol. I know the super kill shot only gives you 5M but you also get extra ball save time and a lit pf multiplier.
Do the secret skill shots award you anything other than the points?

Super Secret Skill Shots:
1. Soft plunge straight into the left outlane. Value: 20 Million points + 10 sec ball save! (also works with a full plunge around the orbit that goes into the left outlane immediately)
2. Soft plunge straight into left inlane. Value 5 Million + 10 sec ball save!
3. Full plunge around the top of PF then 3 orbits in a row off upper right flipper. 15 Million + 10 sec ball save!
4. Hold Left flipper up, full plunge, and one time shot to the orb. 10 Million, plus boost power jackpot X
5. Soft plunge to flipper without hitting a switch, then hit the bullseye. Value 6 Million + 5 sec ball save!
6. Soft plunge to left flipper then hit right orbit. 6 Million + 10 Seconds ball save

1 week later
#11769 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Congrats! Been close many times, but it’s always the damn Mummy card that holds me back

Always bring 2/3X into Mummy MB, you will get to the super much faster. Also, focus on ripping the spinner or shooting the pops and use the ball save to your advantage by letting one ball drain so you can just focus on the one ball in play and guarantee you rip the spinner without colliding into the second ball.

#11774 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Is that true? I thought it was just an increasing number of switches to light each jackpot.

Sorry, not true. I thought that was the case. Just tested and you need 5 jackpots before the super lights.

1 month later
#11880 1 year ago

FYI IMDN owners. I spoke to Keith last month and asked him what the chances are of getting the wizard modes added to the flipper select menu. He said it’s possible, however the coder has little to zero time. His coder is still heavily involved in GZ, plus Keith’s next cornerstone release(not 007). So, maybe one day it gets added but it doesn’t look like anytime soon.

5 months later
#12723 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I am also posting this here as was recently thinking of getting a new Maiden pin premium version on this rerun as my one and only pin, yes only want one as had in the past and switch out years down the road but always felt for a one pin collection Maiden does not have enough in it. I love the music and theme and hate hate Foo music but have to admit the Foo game looks to be a home run game the way I wished for Maiden with a ton of features. I wished for and Eddie head to eat the balls and spit out or lock in his eyes and mouth through middle of game statue. Heck I even started the thread for Maiden pin to get made 9 years ago (and some pinside member owes me a shirt since game actually got made). Just wanted some of your thoughts if think Maiden still for me. I enjoy flow and shots and ramps. Here is post from other thread. I watched the videos on Foo and want to know why there are so many more features with still a ton of great shots and why Maiden is so plain with only great shots. Still wish Maiden had more in it like I said in the past, sure its pure fun to play but Maiden is missing items and only great shots. Makes me not want a Maiden if can only have or choose a one pin collection (yes in big collection) as was seriously thinking as my one new pin recently. Great job Stern packing the Foo game with stuff now continue to do it on all games. Wish I was at least some kind of foo music fan and will wait for the next heavy metal rock n roll one. Still will enjoy playing the Foo on location location and looks very fun, fast and with flow to play.

Buy the Maiden NOW, before they are all gone. Play it. Then play it some more. And then keep playing for 6-8 months. After that, if you feel like the game isn’t clicking with you simply sell it. You won’t lose any money on it and then go buy a Foo Fighters pin. And play for Foo for 6-8 months. Then you will realize just how much fun Maiden is with no toys.

#12736 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yes I am good with one, it works for me. Not big on the maintenance or trying to fix them myself as electrical shit not for me, etc. I had my TFTC for many years and was happy and wanted to update to a newer Stern game (since the LCD screen introduced, not because of the screen but a model that at least has one as figured might as well take advantage if buying a new in box) and had to have with flow and ramps like my last game. Loved Metallica pin layout and toys but I enjoy Maiden music ten times more (always rock and metal, no trendy alternative for me) and agree Godzilla is fun to play but I have more personal taste tied to Maiden. With the new run it’s a great opportunity and hard to find that home run everything pin. I am in no rush and play on location but always wanted a new game when right one with the right stuff came about. I will keep it for a few years anyway if pick Maiden. Is Maiden a plus from a maintenance perspective for having less toys or moveable pieces to less possible breakdowns as compared to any other game with more moving functions. Also, thanks for everyone’s posts and helps and enjoyed reading them and reason I posted in this thread.

If you want as little maintenance as possible you better buy the Pro and not the Premium or else you will be adjusting spoons for the rest of your life.

1 month later
#12849 1 year ago
CE51B290-FD9B-4F35-B727-86FF21A0F133 (resized).jpegCE51B290-FD9B-4F35-B727-86FF21A0F133 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12895 1 year ago

Still holding out hope that they release code with the wizard mode selectable with the flippers. I spoke to Keith about this last year at an event and while he didn’t say yes or no, it’s something on the table but it all comes down to time for Rick(coder). He stated Rick was swamped with code work (again this was in August of 2022).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.