(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,825 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 minutes ago by mattosborn
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#219 6 years ago

The time is right.

pinside count (resized).JPGpinside count (resized).JPG

1 year later
#5570 4 years ago

I have a very early Maiden and have a few questions. My plunger won’t make it around the loop, but the autoplunger will. I think I remember KME saying that the manual plunger wasn’t supposed to, but want to say that later Maidens shipped with a stronger spring to be able to make the loop. What’s the common thing? I don’t mind the way mine is because I can hit all of the skill shots, but still curious.

Also, the ball will come off the left ramp every now and then and go straight into the left outlane. Was/is anything done to prevent this?

2 weeks later
#5648 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Only played 5 games this weekend because I'm still in my honeymoon phase with Elvira 3, but one of the things that made me happy was I finally heard my favorite game start callout: "Welcome to my world underglass!". I thought they took this callout out with the latest update, as I haven't heard it since in like the hundreds of games that I played. Sure... I might not have noticed it a few time, but I always seemed to get stuff like the Hangman is waiting. So that kind of made my day to know that the callout is in fact still in the game.
Love this game so much. Its just super fun to play.
And while playing it, one of the things I like is how unique each of the modes are to themselves. Elvira 3 I really do enjoy the early code(its not complete, but its still fun and the bones are there), but the modes themselves... While there are differences to them, they are not as unique as Maiden.
Aces High 2 ball mb that can have one add a ball with all main shots lit for jackpots at start. Collect a certain amount lights the ramps. hit the ramp and that lights the shooting of the ace. Hit the ace twice and now you lit the shooting of the bomber. Just so cool.
Its so much different than Rime's MB.
And of course Icuras is ramps mode.
Fear of course makes excellent use of not only making combos. Ramp to ramp, but also ramp to orbit to get the rip on the spinner. Such a fun mode to play.
And I guess the closest feeling mode to any of Elvira 3's modes would be Hallowed be thy name. As that you basically have to hit all the shots in the game, along with the newton ball and the drops.
But, I also think the Mummy MB is cooler than junk in the trunk. And I think the rules for the drops lighting locks while being a much safer shot than Elvira 3, does stink that you have to cycle through the x bonus, and mummy rewards. But, again that is due to the drops being a relatively safe shot. Elvira 3's drop target for ball lock can be a very dangerous shot.
As I said before I am really enjoying Elvira 3. But, man there is really something special about Iron Maiden. Such an amazing game in both layout and code. Not to mention there is just a great energy I get when I play this game. Love the music, love the callouts.
I would like some of Elvira 3's modes to stand out a bit more. But, I don't think that is the intent with the code. Which is fine.
Anyway. Sorry for the ramble. But, I really was just too jazzed to hear that callout when my game began.

I was getting mine ready for going in location earlier today. I’ve really been dragging my feet on this since getting it a few weeks ago. It’s such a great, well rounded game.

3 months later
#6140 4 years ago

Any creative suggestions on preventing this from happening?

644C9600-CFB9-4981-B93F-1FC490155F2B (resized).png644C9600-CFB9-4981-B93F-1FC490155F2B (resized).png
#6144 4 years ago

Cool thanks. I will give those a shot.

1 week later
#6220 4 years ago

I’m having issues with the ball falling off the left wireform near the bottom after the last little turn. Anyone else have this or have ideas what to use to block that?

4 months later
#6873 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Last time I messaged KME several months ago I was told our code would hit as soon as JP got up to 1.0. At least that's what I thought he said. I gave up, maybe we get it, maybe we don't.

Having been told that in the monthly presser about GB getting code when SW got to 1.0 I don’t believe that at all. What did we get after SW 1.0? Munsters.

*I place zero blame on Dwight for the GB delay. Dwight made GB code amazing with the 1.16 update.

6 months later
#8217 3 years ago

How do you set up a bill acceptor on this game? The manual says setting 46 is a bill acceptor but I don't see it in either of the setting menus. I have an AE 2411 U5 that I'm not sure is set up properly. Id had the green wire going to the center of the connector, but I cut that and added a lug like what I saw on newer versions. The factory connector on the other side does not have a green wire in it in the center.

When I did the update the acceptor spun while it did the node board update after I unplugged it. When I plugged it back it is didn't spin, so maybe it was just until the node update was done. On the next power up it did not spin the belts so I think that's ok, and I know it gets power. The green lights by the opening the bill goes into are not on, so that's why I think there is a setting I don't see, or something is wrong with the acceptor.

#8220 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the bill cartridge on it? If it's not the green lights won't come on.

It is. The status light at the bottom of the cartridge is not on, but if I push the blue button and hold it the red light will come on as long as I hold it. So it's getting power, but seems to think something is wrong.

#8232 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are the dip switches properly configured - switch 8, especially?
Do you have the right harness adapter for an amusement bill acceptor and not a vending one? They look similar, but they're not.
The light at the bottom in back should be blinking if there's no cartridge installed.

If I power off, turn on switch 8, and power back on the red light comes on and the belt runs non-stop until I turn it off. I have the 2-wire harness that stern supplied with the game plugged in by the cab mode board. Then plugged the 3x3 connector on the DBA into the matching one at the coin door.

#8240 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What does your harness adapter square connector look like (which have pins). Have you used this adapter before? I'm wondering if you got a vending adapter instead of an amusement adapter.

Is there an easy way to tell the difference? I don’t have any adapters on the DBA, it’s wires coming out of the body, going into the connector. That connector plugs into the mating connector at the coin door of the game. The 2-wire harness that came with the game going to the power supply is the only other thing I added and there is a single page that came with the game saying to add that and how to do it.

4 months later
#8697 2 years ago

Had an issue on my location game yesterday that I’ve never seen. A friend was over playing and he said Maiden wasn’t registering coins but wasn’t giving them back either. I walk over and put a coin through and I hear the guitar sound that plays when you put in a coin, but the screen never changed. Power cycled and sure enough, there are the credits for the coins put in.

3 months later
#9179 2 years ago

I was having some air all issues with my left ramp wireform, so I designed these. Made some extras if anyone needed the air ball protection with a little flair.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1250-tucson-pinball/05361-a-father-s-wisdom-iron-maiden-left-ramp-jump-guards

#9184 2 years ago

The ramp jumping on my machine has moved from time to time. It’s on location and has a few thousand plays on it, so it’s not just me playing it. I’ve had a few happen to me, but just a few months ago a player said they had the ball lip out of the very bottom of the wireform like a basketball. It’s been at my location for almost 2 years or so and that had never shown up for such a long time.

I’ve tried to narrow down what caused it, but it’s like an electrical gremlin that only happens every so often so it’s really hard to track down the source of the issue.

I’ve felt and there are no burrs, no damage, no wonky bends that seem out of place, and it’s very inconsistent when and where the air balls happen. With these I don’t have to worry about it anymore.

Outside of this, the game has been rock solid on location and I love the game for sure.

1 week later
#9263 2 years ago

I went through and made a few more of these. I was able to refine my process to be more efficient and save some time for each piece when I assembled them. The price has been reduced to reflect this time savings.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1250-tucson-pinball/05361-a-father-s-wisdom-iron-maiden-left-ramp-jump-guards

#9268 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Double check. You have it listed for $5,500

Yikes! On my phone only showed the 55 in the price box. I’ll fix that now, thanks for the heads up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 26.50
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Trade
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=desertT1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.