(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider days.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11706 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Hey everyone, I’m hoping any Premium/LE owners can help me out with an issue im having.
8i have an issue where the tomb opens and I shoot a ball through the opening and doesn’t register the shot. Then I lose the award or ball lock and have to try again. Very frustrating. It only registers the shot about 50% of the time...
I thought it would a switch issue but I’ve tested it and it works fine. This switch isn’t the one in the “bent arm” switch that in the mummy ball lock, it’s much larger. So I’m stuck trying to figure out what the issue is.
Any thoughts on how to fix this? Anyone else had this issue?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hello, where did you bought that anubis mod? i was searching on this topic but didn't found the link.
Also for the Eddie with two chains that is at the top of the bumpers at the entrance for the left ramp. thanks
( am a new proud owner of a Iron Maiden premium )
And a last question, there is a topic for iron maiden mods only? i searched and i didn't found it.

#11722 1 year ago

Am a proud owner of a Iron Maiden Premium since yesterday.
Yesterday i played around 20 games and no problems, today i installed the new code and two times the machine made a reset while i was playing.
Does it happened to some of you? Also sometimes when i do the center ramp and the ball falls to the left side, it stays on the circular slim "metal" circular part that have a bit the shape if the orbit, do you have any solutions to make it not block there ( the area is marked with a white cross on the photo )?
Thanks for the feedback.

296850981_1365148750889046_8198369522667751044_n (resized).jpg296850981_1365148750889046_8198369522667751044_n (resized).jpg
#11726 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Try re imaging the code from scratch. Could have been a glitch somewhere.
As far as that metal piece, it warps over time from the impact landings. I had mine brand new and started noticing some random hiccups as I put more games on it. Ended up swapping for a carbon fiber pad from Cliffy and has been perfect ever since. If you end up trying to remove it to flatten it, its a pain. The adhesive is pretty strong.

Thank you for the tips!
Damn... Stern needs to start to hire Cliffy to solve all the stern pinball problems... He have all the solutions!
( Just got 3 days ago lot's of Cliffy materials for all my pinballs , great items )

#11730 1 year ago

I already ordered that mod, thanks for your answer but i was talking about the orbit, really in the orbit not in that part, but just saw that Cliffy already created something

#11746 1 year ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

Pinball-mods.com - need a body, base and skirt for each.
I used a hacksaw to score and cut the one skirt - two are cut on the game but I found cutting both was not necessary.

I also want to order for my Iron maiden and godzilla, what parts i need, just the pop bumper Body, base and skirt?
The c114 it's not the same thing, right? and no need of pop bumper base?

1 week later
#11776 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yeah I’ve heard people say it’s the easiest card to get but I beg to differ .

For me the mummy is by far the hardest to get.

1 week later
#11808 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

1-of-4 mods WIP. color scheme draft completed for this oen. Once i get my game put back together will take some new photos. Went with sandstone look vs antique gold. Made a magnetic mount cover to help hide the screws/etc. Second mod WIP sometime in September.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hooo boy hooo boy!
It looks amazing!
And great painting job!

1 month later
#11945 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

That's how it looks on mine too and yeah that ramp is a pain, if it comes back down you have a good chance of draining in the left outlane. I think the offset is there so it can bounce off the right post if it comes back down rather than go straight towards the center drain.

same here.

#11955 1 year ago

Here's some nice minis to add to the pinball machine!
https://iron-maiden.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/info
Am buying one bundle

Pack-1-minis_large (resized).jpgPack-1-minis_large (resized).jpgPack-2-minis_large (resized).jpgPack-2-minis_large (resized).jpgPack-3-minis_large (resized).jpgPack-3-minis_large (resized).jpg
#11964 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Almost broke 1 billion yesterday. I feel like 1 billion is a good score but somewhere around 2 billion would be killing it. I got to a couple of cyborg multiballs but only 3 cards. Not completely sure what I’m doing to get the cards and get to the final wizard mode yet.
I checked the key post about the rules but the link in the post is now broken
[quoted image]

let me guess, the one you where missing was the Mummy?!
I only did the Mummy card 4 times in 5 months, the other 3 cards are a bit easier ( in my opinion )

#11967 1 year ago
Quoted from craif:

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet/3787#heading--eddiecards

There's a lot of paths I've seen different people take to a billion but most can abstracted to "Don't die and stack multipliers on whatever parts you're best at."
I've seen it done with <2 modes started/complete.
I also once had a game where I reached the beast with under 250 mil by doing the absolute bare minimum necessary to collect the 4 cards and bricking basically everything else.

I think I've done Mummy more than the other 3 combined.
Ignore lit shots. Cradle 1 ball on left flipper. Loop left orbit from right flipper over and over occasionally clipping the captive ball.
If you're feeling fancy clear the left ramp during initial ball save and if you lose your looping ball at some point fire the cradled ball up the right ramp during the grace period to get it back.

hooo i was trying to make all lit shots. indeed the left orbit is quite easy to shoot from right flipper, didn't knew we could do like that. I will try, thank you

#11969 1 year ago
Quoted from craif:

Yeah, it's deceptive. All the lit shots do is trigger the add-a-ball. Super Jackpot requires 5 normal jackpots on the captive ball. Lighting the jackpot on the captive ball is any switch hit. 10 to light the first then another 20, 30, 40, 50. The first will usually be lit just from getting trapped up and the first few just need one good spinner rip though usually need 2 for the last 2. If you cash in by grazing the captive and continuing through the spinner the next one starts charging up immediately.
If I don't miss from trap up to super jackpot usually takes me about 9 shots including the final bullseye but I've done it in 7. Could theoretically be done in 5 if the first were already lit, the spinners were hot and you cashed in the fifth with a graze to the right side of the ball that made it up the center ramp to the bullseye.
The same-flipper catch on the return can be tough but if it bounces it's pretty easy to catch it on the left flipper. Either tap the left ball over while the right is airborne or pair them up on the left and cradle-seperate one back. Whichever works better on your machine.

this is great info! thank you for sharing!
Maybe i can finally go to the wizard mode, i only one time could have the 4 cards lit, but i lost the ball before starting the wizard mode ( facepalm )

#11976 1 year ago
Quoted from craif:

Yeah, it's deceptive. All the lit shots do is trigger the add-a-ball. Super Jackpot requires 5 normal jackpots on the captive ball. Lighting the jackpot on the captive ball is any switch hit. 10 to light the first then another 20, 30, 40, 50. The first will usually be lit just from getting trapped up and the first few just need one good spinner rip though usually need 2 for the last 2. If you cash in by grazing the captive and continuing through the spinner the next one starts charging up immediately.
If I don't miss from trap up to super jackpot usually takes me about 9 shots including the final bullseye but I've done it in 7. Could theoretically be done in 5 if the first were already lit, the spinners were hot and you cashed in the fifth with a graze to the right side of the ball that made it up the center ramp to the bullseye.
The same-flipper catch on the return can be tough but if it bounces it's pretty easy to catch it on the left flipper. Either tap the left ball over while the right is airborne or pair them up on the left and cradle-seperate one back. Whichever works better on your machine.

Well it was only at the second try, but I finally did it! And finally did the number of the beast! Thanks!
I always thought that to earn the mummy card i needed to start the mummy multiball mode and while in the mode i needed to make the left ramp to lock the ball again, and while with one ball locked in the mode i needed to do the ramps and spell mummy again! Since while in the mummy multball mode we can lock the ball in the sarcophagus ...

IMG_20221020_165646.jpgIMG_20221020_165646.jpg

#11984 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

DC!

looks a very nice concert, who are they? Rammstein?

#12002 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

We'll have a few of these maybe by late winter (February?). Guess this would be a tease then for this. Collab project with some friends, and my buddy who does painting on these kinds of figures just had twins, so waiting on that to settle down along my kiddo in the coming weeks =)
Doing two versions of her. The one on the right is a bit more on the video game promo art look.
[quoted image]

Looks amazing, please put me on the buy list. ☺️☺️☺️

1 week later
#12033 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Most people resolved this issue by getting the Cliffy carbon fiber protector. Even with really good 3m tape the metal one from Stern has a tendency to warp and end up lifting,

do you have photos of it installed? thanks

#12036 1 year ago

hooo i seee, we remove completly the metal peice!
I ordered that thing but didn't knew how to install it
Thanks
I will try to remove that metal piece

#12043 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image]

just swaped the metal by the vinyl one! Hooo the metal was only glued! I thought it was attached in some other more complex way! hahahaha

Another thing: I will be swapping the standard bumpers by 3 transparent ones, what's the best solution to deal with the led that is inside? cutting the wires under the playfield and connect them again after swapping the bumpers?

3 weeks later
#12129 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Having owned all 3 versions of this game I like the premium art the best just my opinion

in almost all sterns i prefer always the premium art best. Except in JP and Rush, that i prefer the LE version better.

4 weeks later
#12326 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

In the club!
[quoted image]

welcome Sir!

1 week later
#12386 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Also, heres a fun one after 6 months of slowly adding to it. Needs a couple of more tweaks to the design to increase stability on some small sections. Merged some accuracies from the game and the comics in her clothing and color detail

this is very impressive! You do amazing mods mate!

#12414 1 year ago
Quoted from mwong168:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-1062-BA
Would this fit or work or does anyone have this on their Premium or LE?

the one made by SLEAL16 is way better ( in my opinion )

3 weeks later
#12564 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

topper WIP update. this rough draft puts us at about.....30%? ish. Theres a huge chunk of stuff on my list we need to slowly add and figure out. These stained glass windows will light up along with the cards in the game. Maybe first working prototype sometime in the summer.
Clairvoyant is needing an extra week or two before officially offering it. Instead of rotating the existing RGB PCB board to shoot up into the ball, I'm fitting in its own light in order to maintain the spotlight underneath. Just got in a few different lights I'll be testing this weekend.
Once kiddo starts daycare in a couple of days and gain some time during the day again, I'll sort my stuff further and make that thread to not spam here updates =)

Doodled some stuff but still mulling over placements and poses. might be a few months =/[quoted image]

that stained glass drawings are amazing! <3

1 week later
#12600 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I love the looks of this, but I don't like that you lose all the lighting from the entire back panel. Darkens up the back of the machine a lot. At first I was excited about it. The more I looked at it, the more I didn't like losing all the lighting. At $400 I might be in and do some specific ambient flood light mod attachments. But for $700-800. I'm out.

Well you are paying the pretty box that is completely useless, the "limited" factor just to justify the overpriced thing, but the worst for me is that the pharaohs face looks like a monkfish, completely horrendous. He passed more time to edit the pretty box that you will never use than to make a nice pharaoh's face, even the guardian's face looks a bit strange for a Anubis even if almost ok compared to the pharaons monkfish.
"Shoot the monkfish!"

1 week later
#12650 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Also when that metal protector starts curling from all the drop impacts, it can prevent it from freely moving around those edges. Forces it to push up against those areas and slow down enough to keep it stuck. Cant tell from the reflections, but is your protector still flush with the playfield or starting to curve?

I had the same problem, i bought the Cliffys carbon protector and took off that metal part that bends and since i no longer have problems.
Cliffys does always amazing products.

1 week later
#12701 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I only acquired my LE about a month ago. I am not an LE guy, but one came up with Gus and other enhancements for a fair but large price and I bit the bullet. I enjoy the underworld lifting up and the sarcophagus enhancements with the mummy target far too much to do without. I don’t have any problems with the orb or captive ball. No regrets, I’m sure the pro is great. I own a twd pro, had a STh pro and turtles pro. Would not want these in premium or Le form. But I do want these extras in maiden. You’re not going to get one consistent answer but don’t think you can lose with either version.
Edit. Don’t know why you would be downvoted just giving your opinion. Is this the bond 60th thread, sheesh!!

I have a Iron Maiden Premium, but i agree, Iron Maiden, Stranger things ( with uv light kit) Deadpool and Turtles are two games where the pro is a very good deal compared to premium/Le. If one day i get a turtles, will be a pro.

#12735 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

But so different from one another. I think they complement each other well.
Edit: and one pin is hard. Even though I like steak over chicken, couldn’t stomach steak every night.

Indeed, i have both IM and GZ, when i play in one, and then in another, the difference of play is huge, they are way different , they give different sensations, but, both are amazing, both are keepers, they are going anywhere from my gameroom!

1 week later
#12771 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Gotta say Lior's backboard complements the apron beautifully. I'm almost done with my Maiden now all that's left is to powdercoat it when I get my new side rails. Such an awesome game.

damn... looks like hell! but not a good one! My eyes are bleeding with that monkfish pharaoh and the apron is also too much.
But if you like, it's the most important, .

5 months later
#14166 7 months ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I just got the MXV Skill Shot and things were going so fast I actually don’t know what I did. Does anyone know?
[quoted image]

Quite funny, yesterday i did a wedding in France, the clients where from LOVELAND!
Quite coincidence .

3 weeks later
#14390 6 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

Ain't that the truth.[quoted image]

Not bad, not bad...

am here:

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 22-41-35 Become a Stern Insider (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-09-27 at 22-41-35 Become a Stern Insider (resized).png
3 months later
#15240 88 days ago

After 2 years, more than 600 plays trying, i finally made it!
ULTRA COMBO & SUPREME DEATHBLOW! yeah!

421234600_10160486779238520_4228384612090420621_n (resized).jpg421234600_10160486779238520_4228384612090420621_n (resized).jpg
#15283 84 days ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

Haha, I’m finding the exact opposite. Just got my grand champion score and set my loop champion score in the process. A lot of different ways to approach this game, been having luck simply focusing on mummy and just letting everything happen in the process of going for that.[quoted image]

I also tested sometimes that strategy and indeed , you can get absurd points doing loops and loop jackpots, and yes, sometimes we get punished with the left outlane, but for that i tend to flip a bit before, so i prefer to miss the loop by flipping earlier than flipping late and sent it to the left drain.

1 month later
#15612 28 days ago

Well, i think is time to add one non iron maiden song to the pinball machine!

How many Iron Maiden songs did you discovered?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 300.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider days.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=days and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.