(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6918 3 years ago

Hi there,
Back from pick-up my Met, i got the opportunity to play IM pro.
Just played one game but i really enjoyed it. So SMOOTH to shoot, all shots. Was a little afraid to not be able to use correctly the 4 flippers at 3 different stages, specially in MB, but it is OK (i guess it would be even better with practice).
I like the layout, It is unique, the left side looks like Aerosmith, just the ramp replace the loop. Pop-up post helps for using this 4th flipper. There is no difficult shot (maybe what i could complain a little). Art is amazing.
I didn’t understand what i shoot for, just following what was flashing/lighting so i could not say anything about code (just score over 300m on my only game so i had the time to really like it). even if the theme really does nothing for me, i think sound/music does bother me much less than Met.
How is the prem vs the pro?

1 week later
#7028 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Proud papa tonight!!!! My oldest 12 got his high game !!!! We just started playing in April he’s on his way !!!
[quoted image]

My son, 7 years old, is progressively erasing my high scores on JP. Still be gran champion but for how long?

So an IMDN will be soon on my way, jut need to know if i go with pro or prem! Eternal question!

#7044 3 years ago

Hi,
Joining soon the club with LE model.
Can someone tell me what are the known issues on this game and What are the must buy adds-on kits or mods?
I read some key posts and there is one mentioning a loop counter issue fixed with a kit. What else? cliffy needed?
Thanks

#7061 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats! I ain't gonna sugar coat it for you, the Shooter is a big pain in the ass. It's one of the reasons I sold my first Pro, I nearly sold my 2nd pro (currently have) due to it as well. It messed with my OCD too much - I used small C-Clips to help lock in the shooter mech at the elbow (that thing slides left and right easily). Another thing I believe I did was adjust the ball lane guide so that there is less room in the entire shooter lane, we're talking about a millameter difference. I Adjusted coil settings as well. The last thing I did, which i mentioned earlier, is replaced the upper right flipper with a lightning flipper due to the ball exiting the shooter and hitting the tip. My shooter has been rock solid for over a year now *Knocks on some big fucking hard ass wood*.
Other than that, it sounds like the sarcafugus and orb mech's are PIA's also. Good luck and welcome to the Adrenalin rush!

I hope to get lucky
Can’t remember the last stern with so much issues. Fortunately seems mech/adjustment issues.
What are wrong with sarcophagus and orb?
Thanks

#7087 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

NOTB!
[quoted image]

Thanks to let us know test menu works fine

#7088 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Do's and don't....hmmm.
Do read the install instructions.
Don't hesitate to e-mail [email protected] if you have any questions or issues after reading the install instructions.
Fun fact: 95%+ of customer "issues" are resolved by me saying "Please read the install instructions on my website". Funner fact: When the install instruction were printed and included with the light kits, the number one fix for "issues" was saying "Please read the install instructions that were included".
...but here is a tip that didn't make it in my instruction that may make the type 11 and type 12 light kit install easier. After you remove the speaker plate, but before you put down the light frame... Get the 2 screws that come out of the side of the LCD screen and start them, and the ground strap where applicable, into the holes in the side of the LCD screen. With these screws started into the LCD screen, you can then lift the magnet backed side of the light strip and lower the light frame over those 2 screws you have started in the LCD screen holes and the 4 mounting studs from the back of the speaker panel. This can be done as the light frames have mounting SLOTS cut into them on that inner wall and not mounting HOLES there. This can make things much easier as far as getting those holes lined up and getting a screw through the side LCD screen holes, the light frames mounting slot and especially with the ground strap.
So even though those screws will need to be removed to take off the factory speaker plates, you can get them started back in those holes before lowering the light frame onto them and that can make getting things lined up and those screws back in, easier.
Another tip.....make sure a flat part of the 2 nuts that hold the speaker panel to the bottom of the backbox are running paralleled with the back of the speaker panel. With the type 11 and type 12 light kits the speaker panel will probably close a bit stiffer after the light kit install. This is from the back of the speaker plates being mounted back farther than normal (due to the add light frame thickness) and them rubbing on those 2 nuts. If the flats of those nuts are running along with the back of the speaker plates instead of a point of the hex nut being toward them....it will allow the speaker panel to close with a bit less resistance.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
[quoted image][quoted image]

I can’t do without these speaker lights on a game (like Powerbladez or side blades). Pin feels nude without them. Need to order one for IMDN now!
Don’t understand why speaker lights don’t exist for bally/williams games

#7090 3 years ago

I only can see DE, Sega and Stern. But maybe i don’t look at right place.

#7093 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Bally / Williams games have one small speaker hole and one large speaker hole in their speaker panels. Putting lights behind them and pointing that out just looks bad, in my opinion. The only good fix to this that I have seen is a replacement speaker panel with both speaker holes being the same size. That is what Lighted Pinball Mods do and they even include a fake 3D printed speaker cone for the small speaker if you are using the original speakers so the two sides look even more alike. I've never had any hands on experience with them, but when it comes to speaker lights for Bally / Williams games, they are the only ones I would use.
https://lightedpinballmods.com/product-category/lighted-speaker-kits/?swoof=1&orderby=price&paged=1&really_curr_tax=515-product_cat

I built it on my MM with new speakers.
I think i will do for my shadow too.

1 week later
#7167 3 years ago

Hi,
Joined the club today.
Have to install a pp.
Would like to know how you set up the 2 upper flippers?
Is there anything else to know or to adjust?
Thanks

644B2473-B65C-499F-A670-2869CE5CF388 (resized).jpeg644B2473-B65C-499F-A670-2869CE5CF388 (resized).jpegE5359BAA-68E5-41FF-B582-5FED0B469C8C (resized).jpegE5359BAA-68E5-41FF-B582-5FED0B469C8C (resized).jpeg
#7174 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
Joined the club today.
Have to install a pp.
Would like to know how you set up the 2 upper flippers?
Is there anything else to know or to adjust?
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well, if you install a pp, You would need to add 3 washers under the metal bracket in rounded shape as the ball can’t roll under it anymore. So you would need to raise this bracket with washers (lying on the playfield) at the following places: the 2 hex spacers and 1 machine screw that hold this bracket.

Made some games and already have an issue with the lower right flipper, it holds sometimes in up position. Don’t know if it is in relation with 0.97 code bug.
Going to update and check if i still get this issue or not.
Thnaks

5A2C496F-2531-49CB-BD4B-E96370B2D1A2 (resized).jpeg5A2C496F-2531-49CB-BD4B-E96370B2D1A2 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Wanted
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.