(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alaskanzen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8234 3 years ago

Im noticing flipper weakness about 350 games into my pro. Has anyone has something similar? I used to blast the back of the pharaoh target and now I'm barely clearing the ramp (right flipper). Recently waxed but debating another coat.... but this absolutely feels like a weakening flipper and not wax etc.

Edit: Right flipper. Left one seems fine.

#8271 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Coil stop. Very common on Stern because they are using stops they know suck. When they fail, it will rob power. Check that first. Also look for gold "dust" in the areas below the coil in the cabinet. This is a telltale sign.
Pinball Life has the coil stops you want.

Thanks guys, Ill check this today.

3 weeks later
#8425 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I 2nd what paulrowen said. Check that your flipper is spaced properly from the playfield. I think that's a common issue on IM. I know mine had the issue straight from stern, and the reason I found it was because I couldn't hit the pharaoh from the left.
That said, I don't see any reason why it would start happening out of the blue. So maybe check the notoriously bad coil stops first.

Yep, this was absolutely the issue. FYI mine didnt show any 'shavings' but when I disassembled the mech the ring was badly bent on two of the flippers and the coil stops were both showing wear. I replaced the stops (i would, in the future, also replace the rings but I had not ordered them prior to instal) and wola, issue solved. Huge difference for me in terms of shot power etc. and surprised at this, my IM didnt have a ton of play at the point this issue arose.

1 month later
#8594 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I created a custom version of the Pro software that replaces: the “light tunnel” loop (can see that change on boot up); all tutorial videos (3 that show how to reach various MBs) and the Stern attract modes videos (3 that show putting a quarter in the machine).
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xuuZMGXsHFpR5ZDi6
Game over clip that replaces the light tunnel clip.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2uC3tYE9cUYLnHV28
I have a few other ideas, like replacing the tour date list, but spent enough time time on this already.

Wow....how is this not blowing up on this thread?!? good work!

6 months later
#9704 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm a bit of a comic nerd and my son loves dinosaurs so you'd think AIQ and JP would be hits in our house. AIQ lasted 6mo. JP lasted 1mo.
Having owned Maiden, JP and AIQ, Maiden is hands down the best of the three (or of all time). It gets a bad rap by the people who can't get past the theme. Luckily, I already liked Iron Maiden as a band as well. If Godzilla pro hadn't seen the price jump it did I'd be after one of those though. It seems a little more like Maiden in term of the small amount of code and shooting I've seen.
Edit: we have had our Maiden for almost 3yrs now (late Dec.2018). It has 7,000 games on it now and is never leaving.

I'd agree with you. I've always been somewhat baffled that AQ and JP rank higher than Maiden, for me, Maiden is a superior game to both. I also looked at Godzilla and thought it evoked a refined Maiden super curious if that holds true on a play.

4 months later
#10888 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Woo, premium expected to arrive by Friday! I'm hoping it's as good as the hype I've been reading on the forums

It is.

1 month later
#11249 2 years ago

Has anyone noticed a difference when changing to a higher pitch. Following feedback where I had heard Keith Elwin recommended a 7% pitch for the game, I bumped mine up from 6.5 ish. I have a small sample size but I've noticed the game seems to flow better and generally play better. Has anyone else noticed a difference in adjusting pitch?

#11250 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Info screens in general are probably the one thing that I deeply desire upgrades to. (Hey Stern, I actually have a ton of ideas if you're interested!) Having said that, I think you have most of the info you need in front of you. Hopefully this is helpful--I don't mean to be demeaning if you already understand this but perhaps it can help others out anyway.
1. The Eddie cards on the PF are your answer to the both which one and the level questions. They hold the light if they are Level 1, and slowly strobe if L2.
2. There are 11 tomb treasures you can get. 5 from beating the modes, 2 from the Trooper and Mummy cards (collecting Super Jackpots), 1 from the 6-way combo, 1 from the loop Jackpot, 1 from beating the Beast, and 1 for getting all L2 Eddie cards. I'm sure these are all listed in the rules on tiltforums.com. Tomb treasure #9 is a random L2 card so if you're missing only one you'll get it and another shard! (Edit: the 11 above are for soul shards which you can cash in for Tomb Treasures at either the right orbit (Pro) or the left ramp (Premium)--sorry for the confusion.)
3. You can basically infer which ones you've gotten by the cards and the Battle info screen, and whether you typically get the loop jackpots (this is almost always one of the first three I get). I suspect you'll remember if you get the 6-way combo or beat the Beast because they are both a larger challenge.
And to be clear, I get that sometimes it isn't easy to recall everything that has happened. I get frazzled when I keep bricking ramps or my right flipper starts getting fade and can't hit the center ramp and miss out on a shard (yeah PinMonk, I probably need to get on those fans!); I certainly lose track of things but I suspect with a little calm and thought you will have access to all of the info you had questions about above.

I installed the pin monk fans and only noticed a slight improvement to the flipper fade on the right side. Next up for me is a rebuild but honestly there is a part of me that thinks this is a software side and not hardware issues. Either way I didnt find that Pinmonk fans solved the issue for me.

#11251 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Iron maiden is back in the house again on temporary trade with a friend. Last time I had it, the code was 1.06 I’m spending some time while working today getting the 1.10 code updated.
First mandate from my wife is to change the iron maiden songs or at least replace them with the instrumental versions like I did last time. Lol
She cannot stand Bruce’s voice and just playing the game in the same room as her makes her angry, ha ha.
I told her to come up with some songs or ban she wants me to use, so now I am going through anthrax, slayer and Pantera songs, among others to find replacements.
I’m also importing the prior attract mode videos I made and have since found some new iron maiden clips that will be perfect for the attract mode sequences. Really looks bad ass in attract mode now instead of seeing flipper tutorials.

How dare you.

2 months later
#11626 1 year ago

The flow is better on a pro. Pro>premium but both are legit.

#11641 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Let me guess, you own the pro?

I've owned both. You can chalk this up to preference, but I strongly dislike long stops in play (looking at you Ghostbusters) and I feel the Premium kills the flow vs the pro. As a good friend described it: playing the pro is like being at a rock concert.

*Edit* I had not considered artwork, but (again my preference) is the pro has the better art as well.

5 months later
#12283 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

No way the Premium pencils out over the Pro money wise, but you hit one big nail on the head--Can I Play with Madness is my favorite mode that is actually obtainable for the average player. Tough choice!

Does insider connect add this mode to a pro? I thought this mode was already on a pro but I guess not?

2 months later
#12764 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's the same issue i'm having. not a fan of how the light kind of reflects off of it with a satin shimmer. Would be better with a full flat. but does need more lighting. I'm sampling with some items and techniques to hopefully make it nicer.

While the kit is amazingly pretty, the engineering, especially for an instal on a pro, is not. Blocking out the gi lights is enough to say that it is not a great design and really affects general look and appearance of the game. I dislike how in general the holes lined up with the individual components of the mod and install for a pro was fairly difficult. The material itself does not well tolerate any sort of torsion. I’m now debating removing the kit pending light options but find it insanely odd this and other aspects of the design were more considered. At the price, I’m not sure I’d recommend the kit for these reasons and may be pulling mine out if I can’t get the lighting issue it caused addressed. Lior was extremely helpful but I feel these challenges should have been better detailed for pro owners.

Edit: would also add that some of the hardware ( specifically the screws that attach the light board to the torch magnets) were too small and didn’t work. Lots of little things like that as well.

#12779 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I didn't have the issues you had with the hadware but I do agree it seems like saying this kit supports the pro is a bit of an oversight. Lior was helpful but when I heard the words double sided tape my expectations dropped a lot. I think for such a beautiful, well designed piece they should have either said it doesn't really support the pro or done more to make it fit better. On my pro the two sides didn't line up at all, so when installed the pharoah was just kind of floating there with none of the screw holes lining up. This means it's being supported entirely by double sided tape. I think it will hold up over time but there's a chance it will fall and if I ever have to remove it to do work it's going to be a big pain in the butt.
Still looks great though. This is the kind of thing new LEs/Premiums should have, that would really make them stand out and seem worth the extra cost. It just looks so good.
The lighting isn't enough of an issue to stop me from using it but I'm still going to figure out where I can mount some LEDs to help reduce glare, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
EDIT: It looks like there has been some misunderstanding around this as I thought the adjustments to make it fit the pro were already done, but it sounds like the final design for the one that fits the pro is being worked on. So if anyone with a pro is interested in this mod it sounds like there will be a chance to buy one that fits the pro just right which should be awesome.

I'd add to this that Lior was an is an absolute gem to deal with. I have zero issues with him and would buy his products again. I would not recommend the kit for a pro, at present, but Lior mentioned they were working on a design for a pro. It is a very pretty kit and I hope this materializes.

#12797 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

I'm thinking about picking up a Maiden in the coming run, and I can't make up my mind as to whether to get a Pro or a Premium. I have a Godzilla Premium that I love, but IM Premium seem to have as much going for it for the price difference. Do the mechanical upgrades on IM Pre change the gameplay much?

They do, and the lighting is significantly different.

For my money, I like the flow of the pro. Others prefer the mechs in the premium. I think ultimately you should ask yourself if you prefer more frantic play vs. a little more stop and go. Neither option is a bad one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alaskanzen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=alaskanzen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.