(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunder90.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4323 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

It does that because the power jackpot gets reset on the drain. I always forget about collecting it, when I do it's usually by accident.

I have seriously improved my average score by focusing more on stacking power jackpots with multipliers. I used to not pay much attention to them, but started to after I hit one worth over 100mil!

4 months later
#5326 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Wowsers! What is your game levelled at? I seem to get uncontrollable drains out of the pops and off the slings.
Also, anyone else have an issue where the second ball that gets fed into the sarcophagus, just rolls off the side and over to the small flipper?

I was having the same troubles. I found increasing the pitch to help with drains out of pop bumpers. Mine is set with the bubble just crossing the line.
For the slings I increased the power output, and slings straight to the outlane have decreased significantly.

1 week later
#5379 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So Keith just dropped some interesting info today.
1. Big code update coming
2. The shooter rod was accidental
3. There is a set screw along the back loop that can be tightened or loosen. If you loosen it, it will make the ball go around the big loops slower. Tighten it up and it makes go faster.

Anybody know where this set screw is?

#5382 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the key post index at the top of the page. There's a link to a picture of this.

Thank you!
I overlooked this post assuming it was another photo of the orbit protector.

#5400 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I went from.never having earned a mummy last week to earning one often. Once you get the hang of it and realize your progress continues on your next mummy mb it's pretty simple.
X amount of switch hits then the captive ball until mummy is collected again. Either shoot for the spinner then the captive ball or play how you are used to but remember to keep an eye on and hit the captive ball when possible.
Whatever letters you collect will still be lit when you make it back into mummy mb.

This is good advice. My strategy is to focus on spinners and captive with one ball during ballsave, can usually get 2-3 letters before ballsave ends. Then just before or right after ball save ends shoot for add a ball. Repeat spinner focus during ballsave. Then play all hot and wild and hope for the best.

#5435 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Is there an adjustment for the slings? About half the time the ball is hitting them it goes right to a out lane. If possible I think this needs powered down.
Thanks in advance!

Yes there is. #50something. Turning power up worked better for me than down.

#5460 4 years ago

Should I remove the mylar prior to installing the orbit protector? Instructions say "if needed"

Is it needed here? It isn't deep and divoted like I have seen some folks have, but it does have some bumps.
I don't want to chance damage my pf removing it if I don't need to

IMG_20190917_194417.jpgIMG_20190917_194417.jpg
#5472 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I just peeled off mine...was pretty easy since its new mylar. I think you have to use freeze spray on really old mylar. And yes....I had to spend quite a bit of time with some cotton and alcohol to remove the sticky residue.

What was the condition of your mylar prior to removal? The pretty beat up condition of mine is what concerns me. Might just have to buck up and give it a go

#5477 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Um..yeah, about what yours looked like? I really wouldn't worry too much about the removal process...its not hard.

Great. Thanks for the feedback. That stuff is coming off tonight!

#5478 4 years ago

After about 6 months of playing with Titans, I one day decided I was over the stickiness and bounciness. Ordered some rer rubbers and threw them on yesterday. Old loop record with Titans: 24. New loop record after two games with red rubber installed: 39. Scored 700m and 910m

I think this game plays exceptionally better without silicone bands.

#5480 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I'm starting to agree with this, I don't mind the bounce but the stickiness screws me up sometimes.

Yep. Much happier now. The stickiness causing the ball to climb the slings into the outlanes was brutal, as well as slowing on the transition to flipper.
That big loop shot is the kicker for me though. With Titans it was frustrating, now it's fun again!

#5484 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have my game set up so steep I’m lucky if I can hit two loops. I like my games as fast as possible

How steep? I keep my bubble just crossing the top line, so pretty steep. Been hitting 4 or so in a row now

#5485 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I love the look and durability of silicone bands but regular bands just play so much better and predictable!

Agreed. Silicone looks so nice and keeps cleaner, but man rubber sure does play truer.

#5487 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

How the hell do you get extra balls on this game? I can get one most games, but i have no idea what im doing to do it. Orb? And why can i only get 1? I have never gotten more than one.

3 ways -
Complete (no need to claim) 3 powers
5th tomb treasure
50 loops

#5490 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I don't get the crazy dedication to Titans. Marco white rubber is the gold standard.

Better than the reds? Might have to give them a try now.

Damn it I thought I had this figured out. Thanks a lot.

#5494 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I play my games steep and fast, almost never nerf rules, and consider myself a pretty good player. That being said, I highly recommend lowering the loop count to 40 for extra ball. Seeing that your loop jackpots do not count as loops toward your total, 50 is more like 65, and 40 is more like 55. I still rarely get this extra ball, but it's at least an achievement I can keep in mind if the loops are flowing. At 50, I'd get that extra ball 1/100 games.
Also, this balances the difficulty for extra balls. The first extra ball (powers) is pretty easy (40% of games for me) and the second (loops at 40) is pretty tough (10% for me) and the last (treasures) is very difficult (1% for me).
Trust me, you'll like this. When loops are going relatively well (say you have 28 or something), you feel as if the extra ball is achievable and it can influence your approach. At 50, it rarely will.

I have definitely considered doing this, but I just really don't like to adjust my rule settings from default. I'm really hoping they change this in the next code update.

I didn't know that power loops don't count toward your extra ball! That really makes it tough.

I get one extra ball most games, and have gotten the fifth tomb treasure a dozen or so times, but I don't know that I've ever even gotten 40 loops. I'm just going to try and get better at them and hope for a code change

#5495 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Some people dislike white because it shows dirt, but it's not that bad and worth the ball action you get in trade. I've tried white rubber from everyone and Marco's white is magical. My favorite white rubber by far.

I'll give them a try when I order some new rubber from Marco, as my week old PBL reds are already starting to show wear and I have read that Marcos rubber is better all around

#5530 4 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I was playing a few nights ago and noticed that I completed all the pyramid objectives and I finished all the orbits, but it was flashing on the screen like I had completed them but the center ramp never raised to hit the shot to start cyborg multiball. I got orbits from both sides multiple times The one thing I did notice was after I drained the ball the ramp went up and I checked off the orbits. But only after the ball drained. Bug?

You need to hit the orb to claim the power jackpots for cyborg to to start, unlike lighting extra ball. They claim automatically upon draining but award no points.
I find it very frustrating to hear cyborg called out after I drain!

3 weeks later
#5601 4 years ago

Right spinner has been getting stuck upside down more frequently, causing some orbit shots to not register and locks to register when it flips back to normal position. Any suggestions? I have read of people bending the spinner wire slightly but am not sure where to start. I have tried lubricating with zoom spout which doesn't help much. Wondering if I need to adjust the switch perhaps?

It doesnt spin as fast or seemingly as smoothly as the left spinner, and not nearly as fast as the premium I played a couple weeks ago. I'd love to get this thing ripping like others I have played. Thanks for any help

#5609 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

There should be two small screws holding the switch in place. I had one of mine come lose and fall out causing the problem you’re experiencing. Make sure both screws are tight and see if that helps.

Thanks, I have not checked those and will do so tonight!

#5616 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

There should be two small screws holding the switch in place. I had one of mine come lose and fall out causing the problem you’re experiencing. Make sure both screws are tight and see if that helps.

These screws are tight.. my right spinner feels like it grinds more and just doesn't seem as smooth as the left at the contact points. Got to be bent somehow I'm thinking. Or there is some fault in the bracket or spinner that had gotten worse with time. Considering just buying a new assembly :/

#5620 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

Sorry that's not the problem. You can try putting a little bit of oil on the spinner and see if that helps? If it's dragging that much maybe a new assembly is the answer. Hopefully it is pretty cheap.

No worries, the advice is appreciated nonetheless. Oil helps somewhat for a short amount of time. Left spinner has never been oiled and seems perfect. Assembly looks to be around twenty bucks or so, so not bad if I go that route. Before I do that though I think I'll remove it and see if I can file the holes a little smoother.

3 weeks later
#5712 4 years ago

Just checked my pro and it has cones

1 month later
#5881 4 years ago

So I'm lost here... When I first got the game, I was getting the Trooper card nearly every game. The MB would start, and somehow I'd hit enough things to qualify it.
Now, it seems to be the one card I am always missing. I start Trooper MB, clear the drops, collect the SJP from the centre ramp shot, and then just try to hit a bunch of the blue shots. Do I have to get every single on of them?

SJP is not the center bullseye. The center bullseye lights after knocking down all drop targets, and awards one two or three jackpots. It takes 3 or 4 completed jackpots to light SJP which is the upper shot from the upper left flipper. You can hit it both from the mini flipper as well as deflecting off of the captive ball or the right center ramp post. Hitting SJP will move all lit jackpots up one multiplier.

Gogdog was faster than I!

#5883 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I find it way more consistent to hit the super jackpot with the lower left flipper making a shot just wide of the center ramp that deflects in off the post, especially when it's hectic in multiball.

Agreed. Still a really good feeling shot to hit. I also really like hitting the right side of the captive ball from the right flipper, though find it less reliable than the post shot.

#5891 4 years ago

Do you save your progress the same way Mummy MB works?

Yes. But like mummy, progress is only saved up to the completed SJP (jackpot in mummy).

ie. If you shoot 5 jackpots in trooper but don't get the SJP you will start over at the beginning the second time. If you get two (or however many) and a a couple jackpots, it will save progress up to the last completed SJP

Getting to the fourth or fifth SJP in trooper is where all the points are at. Not a high value mode until you get to level 2 card.

1 week later
#5914 4 years ago

Try accomplishing this! Both upper flippers stopped working during a game. Pulled the pf up and wires were cleanly snapped off both flipper coils. It even took the lug with it!
My game is still under warranty. Should Stern be responsible for sending new coils to me?[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know why you would want new coils. You'd just have to solder them on anyway. Just resolder them.

#5916 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Looks like the coil lug came right off the coil. Def gonna want new coils, put new coil stops in too while you're at it.

Didn't see that! Well that's definitely warranty material. How strange..

1 week later
#5971 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's actually easier than that. Just take a large flat screwdriver and put it on the left side of the target and carefully apply pressure towards the right until the target is centered again.
Then order the anti-lean bracket that stops this from happening again from pinball life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

Thanks Vic! Didn't know about that bracket. Finally fixing that orb target for good

#5979 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Had 3 eddie cards tonight, 2mtm lit, just had to shoot up the middle. Tried doing it with the right flipper, doesnt make it all the way and goes sdtm!!!!! I still havemt seen 2mtm! Now rules question since im getting close: i would have gotten the last card had i hit that shot, after the multi was over, would i have gone right to lighting the beast, or did i have to spell eddie again? Want to know how close i was to the beast!

Yes, after you finish 2m2m and all 4 cards light notb is started by a shot to either orbit.

#6015 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm all proud of myself when I get the 3rd tomb treasure lol. Battle is somewhat achievable for me but r2th? No way man. (I'd also like to see the loop extra ball brought down to a non Elwinian number. Maybe 25?)

I have played so many games in which I just focus on loops and ive never gotten past 35. 50 is insane, or as you put it, Elwinian.

#6070 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Switch not catching it, happens to my game once in awhile too, including missing the lock shot sometimes. Issue is probably the same or similar as the upper loop shots missing.

I have the same issue with the orbit and lock. Seems that the spinner and orbit opto work together to register orbit shots, and don't always sync? I've noticed if I shoot an orbit shot while the spinner is half spinning and doesn't get hit the shot doesnt register.
Hoping this is somehow fixed in code unless it's a physical issue I'm not aware of.

1 week later
#6131 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Woah, this is the first I'm reading about this.... My IMDN Pro was one of the first made, so I wonder what it looks like back there - will try to take a look tonight, but I suspect mine is bad because there have been a handful of times where the ball gets stuck up there and I have to nudge to get it to start moving again.
How does the replacement metal get installed? On top of the current mylar? And how is the metal kept down, I see no screws in the pictures. Seems like this might be a big job...
Thanks!

The metal plate is adhesive backed. Instructions say to remove mylar "if necessary"
Got mine but haven't installed it because I can't decide whether to remove or not. Also tough to get to that mylar. Maybe someone has some advice on mylar removal and whether it is necessary and if so whether it is as difficult to remove as it seems.

#6141 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Any creative suggestions on preventing this from happening?[quoted image]

I put a thicker ziptie positioned higher and it keeps it from getting stuck.

#6142 4 years ago

Well I might just put it over the mylar then!

#6161 4 years ago

Thanks for the pics on this
Can anyone else confirm?

That's where mine came from factory. Tips right at the holes.

#6203 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I dont understand the so much power difference between my stranger thing pinball (clearly too strong with a 5032 coil) and my maiden (clearly too weak with a 5020)...
Can i put a 5032 coil in my maiden ? Will this coil be more powerful ?

Every maiden I have including mine has plenty of power at both flippers. If it was an issue of an underpowered coil everyone would be having this issue.

#6212 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I dont understand the so much power difference between my stranger thing pinball (clearly too strong with a 5032 coil) and my maiden (clearly too weak with a 5020)...
Can i put a 5032 coil in my maiden ? Will this coil be more powerful ?

I will say too, maybe make sure all of your connectors are seated properly.

I just had an issue arise where the notb and extra ball insert would flash at game startup, and would flicker away and go to normal with flipper taps. In one day before I got to it this progressed into severe issues with the attract mode lighting and several other flashing inserts at game startup. I seated every connector and it fixed it.
There were a couple connectors that were very slightly unseated.

The amazing thing about this issue coming up, is that my flipper power has gone up immensely. I had everything tuned perfectly but still just didn't have that snappiness. It does now! Though I could still make every shot and it wasn't as bad as what you describe. If think it's worth a shot first though

2 months later
#6541 3 years ago

Just a quick shout out to Pinwoofer for the awesome sub and speaker kit with dedicated amplifiers. Best mod I've purchased for my Maiden!

I can hear so many sound effects that I couldn't before, the callouts sound clean and darker/scarier, and the MUSIC, oh man. Sub can really pump out bass. Game immersion is huge to me and the increase in sound quality really pulls me in.

Easy install and great support.

Put an external volume control w/ headphone jack from PBL on at the same time and man I'm happy.

#6547 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

With my JP, i can reset the game quickly holding left flipper and start button. Is this not an option on Maiden? I can’t find this option in the menu...

Nope, hopefully the next update will add this in though!

#6588 3 years ago

Does anyone know what the "? Master" award is? Default is S KEELER 3 hits.

#6591 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Its hits to the stand up target above the left inlane. Basically...hitting it by doing shatz passing.

Ah ok. I thought it had something to do with cyborg. I'm not a great shatzer so makes sense

#6607 3 years ago

After we installed the Pinwoofers, my wife said, "if we would have bought this first we wouldn't have needed the shaker"
Sometimes I hate when she's right. Fingers crossed for some more shaker in the new code.

2 weeks later
#6650 3 years ago

I'm not expecting it, as I know it would be a ton of extra work, but holy cow would it be cool if the code update included the co-op options TMNT2 has

1 month later
#6849 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

grab it and pull it back, or put a flathead screwdriver shaft on that post to the left and on the left side of the target and use that for leverage to force it back over.
There is a modified version of the target bracket you can install that prevents leaning. Pinball Life has it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

I bought this bracket, but came to find out that my Maiden Pro already had the same bracket installed from the factory. I ended up just switching out the piece that goes through the pf because the new one was straighter.

The replacement is slowly bending too, but I've restraightened the original to swap when needed.

#6861 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a fairly recent part, but not sure when Stern started adding these. I don't think all the Maiden runs have them, but not 100% sure.

That makes sense. Mine seems to have some later run stuff like the leg brackets.

#6877 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Anyone know if Keith is still trying to work "Can I Play with Madness" into the Pro? I had read that he was trying to figure a way to make it work.

That would be cool. Wish there were more roving targets like aces high has

#6897 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. We started with a Pro on location, but upgraded to the Premium after about 9 months. The Premium plays quite a bit differently than the Pro because some shots are moved, but I like it a LOT more. The only downside is Eddie the Drum Major backglass.

I didn't realize this, what shots are moved?

#6898 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

I didn't realize this, what shots are moved?

Sorry dumb question. I thought you meant physical shot layout but I'm sure you meant things like tomb treasure

#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

anyone regularly get balls stuck on drop target bank. Id bet it happens 1 in 5 games for me. set my tilt bob low so I can advise the ball off the target instead of waiting for ball search.

Under the playfield there is a screw that adjusts the height of the drop target bank. Pretty easy to find, but I can get you a picture if needed. Mine was the same way. Super quick fix to keep the game flowin

#6924 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'll have to check that target bank screw.
another spot im getting stuck balls is just left of the right up post. I think the stainless wear plate vs up post hole makes a nice ball rest
I also have a few GI leds flickering on my pro, have new leds on order but I'm 98% its a terminal issue. I use stabilant 22 on alot of oem terminals in the automotive field fixed tons of intermittent issues with it. ill add some drops of that and test.

That screw will fix it for sure.

As for balls getting stuck by up post, the metal protector is supposed to prevent them from getting stuck that's interesting. Likely you can adjust the coil in the bracket to move it up slightly as well. Haven't looked.

GI flickers are common on these. It's shitty sockets. Mine have been fixed by using a piece of electrical tape to more firmly secure them.

#6926 3 years ago

He said he had to keep the tilt loose to shake it free. Yeah even with them flush to the of the ball can get stuck on top of two, but a gentle nudge frees it. 1 in 5 games is really often as well. The screw adjusts the height of the bank

#6933 3 years ago

Meant to quote godog

Your bank looks slightly lower than the pf in the pic. Can be raised with screw adjustment. I will post pics tonight.

I get a hangup there once in maybe 50 games after adjustment

#6999 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Well couple of years in from original release and still loving the fast gameplay of my tricked IMDN Pro.
I had the option of the LE at the time but just loved the cab decals of the Pro.
It’s funny cause now I’m wondering if I would have preferred the additional mechs of the Premium. It was good reading the comments made previously in this regard - Pro vs Premium.
I would like a Premium, but would miss the crazy fast gameplay of Pro - it gets totally mental, nothing like I’ve seen.
Saying that - I reckon the mechs would be very interesting
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that shooter rod?

2 weeks later
#7163 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

if anyone wants to update their music with a lounge version of The Number Of The Beast
https://richardcheese.bandcamp.com/album/numbers-of-the-beast-2020

This will go great with bluegrass Trooper!

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/iron-maiden-trooper-bluegrass/

1 month later
#7275 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

Complaining about a setting that is within your power to change and refusing to adjust it doesn't make a lot of sense. You paid a bunch of money for the machine. Set it up so you get the most enjoyment out of it.

I see your point, but enjoyment is subjective. It's great that you can adjust the settings to increase your personal enjoyment, but some folks like myself enjoy comparing their scores to others, which is difficult with unique settings. Not everybody thinks it is cheating, but for those that do it really makes the game less fun to stray far from default.

If changed the loop extra ball to be more attainable, and reached run to the hills using it, I'd feel like I cheated because I did not get there using the rules that the game designer chose as default.

I don't think it's cheating to change code for personal enjoyment, but I think it makes the scores you reach meaningless to others.

#7277 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

You already can't compare scores between pins anyway. They all play slightly different, and there are about 1000 different variations between pins. Things like different rubbers, tilt sensitivity, outlanes, pitch, coil power, how clean they are, waxed or not, etc.

That's a good point. Those things aren't rules though so some variability is expected.

3 weeks later
#7392 3 years ago

Man I found it pretty easy to set up, just can't seem to do anything with it!

Side note I've been wanting to try this forever and finally found it

PXL_20201002_031152416.jpgPXL_20201002_031152416.jpg
2 weeks later
#7506 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What color shooter Spring y’all got. Mine is super strong. I can’t dial in 20 Million Super Secret left inlane shot....mine is Red.

I believe mine is stock orange. It's all about that 2 or 3x skillshot anyway

#7510 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Upper left flipper skill shot. Hold Left flipper + plunge to get the ball to come to the upper left flipper and WHAP into the super JP lane. If your plunge is too hard and whips all the way around, you can let it come down to the bottom Right flipper and hit the orb for another cool secret skill shot perk.

Yep. Orb does 10 million and gives 2x to power jackpot with I think 1million to power jackpot and increases ballsave. I don't go for any skill shot but the super jackpot one personally. Orb is a fun backup

#7515 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

-Hold left flipper
-Plunge to upper left flipper
-Hit mini loop
-Hit super skillshot (sjp) for instant 2x playfield multiplier.
(It was hinted to me that two mini loops then the super skill will award a 3x multiplier but im not that good)

It's just one mini loop and then the super to light 3x.

#7516 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

I’m going to try to go for that skill shot later. I typically go for the left outlane for the 20 mil in most cases

It is the most lucrative and the safest imo. It's a huge step forward to start off with even 2x multiplier lit with the difficult x out of the way

1 month later
#7755 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

PLEASE don't give us a code update today. I have way too much shit to get done this weekend... and I don't need an angry wife.

Ah, the ol reverse psychology eh?

#7780 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

so after first 2 modes at center ramp how do you start next few modes?

They all start at the center ramp. Only thing that changes after 2 modes is what eddie letters are lit same as premium. Just no underworld scoop

#7792 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

What time of day does the code typically drop? And not trying to be a jerk, but do we actually know this isn't just a rumor?

Keith said in recent podcast interview that the code should drop before the end of the year. Last week someone got our feathers all ruffled saying it would drop Friday

#7840 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I updated 3 pins tonight, Star Wars, Iron Maiden and Stranger Things. Stranger Things was the only one to keep my high scores. Not sure why.

Weird. I updated Stranger Things and Iron Maiden this month, and Stranger Things reset high scores but IMDN didn't.

This code update is GREAT. Everything I wanted (30 loops EB!) and the callouts, animations, and lightshows are a nice addition.

Merry Christmas!

#7872 3 years ago
Quoted from Snux:Saved by a lit REVIVE. Callout was "what's wrong, balls finally dropped?" Think that's one of the new ones, made me laugh.

Oh man heard this while playing with my daughter last night and I started laughing so hard.

Quoted from luckyjab:

I was really hoping to something similar to Ghost Busters and Jurrasic Park, how you can go directly to the wizard mode. I was hoping to actually be able to play Run to the Hills. I don't know of anyone who can get there except maybe the top players. It's a challenge for me to get to Number of the Beast, but I have no shot at Run to the Hills.

BUT - 2 Minutes to Midnight, and the Beast, is now much easier (IMO) to get since the eddie letter shots are no longer just ramps for the last two modes.

#7975 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Neither side is working. Not sure what you mean by formatting using etc etc. Not a big computer/downloader guy. Have to get a new stick I'm guessing??

When the stick is in your computer, right click the drive and select format. Make sure to select fat32. It will erase all info on the card

#8053 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Agree with all except loop extra ball.
In 2 years I have never got over 40, so 30 gives me much more to shoot at.
More chance of beating the beast now

Totally agree. 30 seems perfect to me. Especially with loop jackpots not counting toward the EB. Got 36 loops last night but no EB

#8057 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I guess I'm a little loopy.
I'll edit my post. Sounds like 30 is the better number.

Man I wish I could get 40 loops! I don't think I suck too bad, I've battled and beaten the beast, but they can just be so fast and dangerous that I can't ever seen to get there. I've hit 40 a few times on the old code but the loop jackpots not counting towards the EB makes it near impossible for my mediocre loop skills. I've put a lot of time into practicing the loops but welp

#8058 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Here is what I do when I want to explore the game, which is different than trying to score a lot points. Soft plunge to get the ball to the right flipper, rip Revive spinner. Get ball back to right flipper ASAP and rip the spinner again (my game takes 2 rips to light Revive the first time around). From there I focus on Mummy MB. I used to stack Mummy with other modes, no longer the case when playing for wizard modes. Start Mummy and focus on getting your 5 Mummy jackpots to secure Eddie card #1. From there start trooper (with or without a mode doesn't matter) as my focus is to get the super jackpot to get the 2nd eddie card. NOTE - Anytime I start any MB and I no longer have my Revive outlanes lit, I ALWAYS rip spinners during the MB ball save and I don't shoot for anything else. Getting Revive lit a second time is critical to getting deep in the game. After Trooper card is secured I work on completing Cyborg. I have my left ramp shot down to about 80% and all I do i shoot it, ski jump pass to the right flipper and shoot it again and again. I never try and shoot at the right ramp to complete the Power Ramps. Also, I never play out Icarus mode when going for wizard mode. Instead I focus on relighting Mummy MB while the mode is running to avoid cheap brick drains by shooting at the ramps. Give it a try!

This sounds like a pretty solid strategy to me! I'll give this a shot tonight and hopefully get to the beast 1.08

#8067 3 years ago

For what it's worth, which probably isn't much, I had my autoplunge above 90% for the past 8 months. Did the coil replacement, adjusted the guide, filed the burr on the end of the guide, adjusted the blades on the autolaunch mech, and had a piece of cut flipper rubber placed between the end of the guide and the post to hold position. If the autolaunch got a little wonky I cleaned the pf and it was perfect again. Everything was going GREAT.

All of a sudden, my autolaunch is hitting the mini flipper. Nothing seems to have changed. PF is nice and clean but still the same bad launch. With new adjustments I've got the autoplunge at about 80% but now the manual plunge bricks the skill target post 80% of the time and requires a perfectly finessed plunge to even make the orbit much less go for the super skill shot.

#8069 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If it got that bad that quick something changed--I'd re-check all the adjustments you made and make sure nothing slipped or loosened--and that the ball is not hitting the tip of the upper flipper.

I agree it's got to be something, but everything seems the same. Guide can't move because of the rubber, and I have not ever had issues with it hitting the tip of the upper right flipper and that still doesn't seem to be the case.

#8071 3 years ago

Ok I actually think I just got it. Replaced the rubber between post and guide to a smaller size had my autoplunge 20/20. Plunger was being a little wonky still so I tightened the bottom bracket screws and raised it a hair as it looked misaligned. Everything is great so far 2 games in.

If it goes out again I'll try to stiffen the guide as mentioned above as that sounds like a solid plan

#8097 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Comet warm white vs stock "natural" white, thoughts? I'm leaning towards warm for my upcoming shop job.
[quoted image]

Well, I did my entire Maiden in Comet warm white and think its a major improvement over original. Much easier on the eyes.

#8161 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Ive had an issue in 2 games where the left up post stays up until the machine goes into ball search.
I think its when you start a mode up ramp shot seems like the machine forgets to drop the up post.
I cant remember when, but I will make notes next time.

I have had this happen when I shoot the tomb treasure shot while loop jackpot is lit.

#8174 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Raise your pitch. Cranked pitch=more fun in a home environment anyway imho.

What pitch do you keep yours at out of curiosity? I'm about 7.2.

#8208 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My rear bolts only show 2 or 3 threads on top. Front are as low as the floor will allow. That's how all my machines are set up. Steep and fast as shit flying out of a rabbit's ass.

So I set mine up this way and am blown away by how much easier loops are now. Keeping pitch maxed out for good from here on out! Way more fun like this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunder90.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=Thunder90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.