(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyThom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#468 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed if anything special happens with their game at 11:58 PM?

1 week later
#546 5 years ago

You've got room for two more!

#611 5 years ago

I got my Maiden set up last night! Wow! What a game!!

I'm having some inconsistencies with the auto plunger, though. Sometimes it goes around the big loop as intended. Other times it bricks off the post just under the loop entrance. Other times still it'll get caught on the tip of the upper-left flipper. I have the game set at 6.5 degrees and the autoplunger strength maxed out (255?). What should I monkey with?

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

We need more songs in the game! Like twice as many for the background music lol.

I agree! More options for background songs that dont overlap songs attached to modes would be cool.

I know we can swap out tracks, but I dont want to lose any. It'd be weird doing The Trooper multiball without The Trooper playing, yanno? (not that i'd ever swap out that track, just an example)

Heaven Can Wait, Speed of Light, Stranger in a Strange Land...so many more would fit the game's energy just right.

#772 5 years ago

Congrats!

I'm about to install the new code; totally psyched to spend my Friday night hammering on this thing.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

#871 5 years ago

Looks great!

I did mine in Sunlight and it makes a huge difference. I love how it warms up the desert area between the slings.

It's not as bright, but easier on the eyes. The factory bulbs will put spots in your vision if you catch one exposed.

#878 5 years ago

I love this game, but man, the inconsistent auto/manual plunger is driving me totally crazy. Mine bricks off the post below the big loop 20-30% of the time, really putting a cramp in my Trooper starts.

Where is this fabled "adjustment screw"?

#901 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes.
Take off the nut for the wire form on the right slingshot. Then there’s a screw you can get to between the right ramp wire form to that plastic. That should give you enough wiggle room to get at the adjustment screw; if you want more free movement there’s another screw near the top of the ramp thatlll free it more but I didn’t feel the need to take that one off.
Then, Depending on your pitch (I’m at 7.0-7.2) I loosened the adjustment screw and pushed it all the way up with lots of pressure and tightened. If you’re a Lower pitch you may need to find the sweet spot. I then put some slight pressure on the exit guide to slightly bend a hair up. KME also mentioned bending the guides on the left side of the shooter lane inward towards the shooter lane - not sure what this does to be honest, maybe helps the ball from rattling? I did it anyway but just ever so slightly bend so not to damage anything.
Lastly, I set my overall coil power in adjustments to hard. My manual plunge is 99.9% and my auto plunge is 90+%.
Also, FWIW - I found anything over 7.2 deg pitch was just too much inconsistency. One of the guys from stern mentioned in a faceboook stream that the game plays really good at 7deg and I would concur. But even in that stream, you’ll see a lot of inconsistencies with their shooter.
Lastly sort of off topic) but a tip I picked up from that fb stream (I think it was Tim balls playing); when he got multiballs he was soft plunging to hit the regular skill shot X multiplier to help advance 2X/3X, I found this very useful and pulled it off today when I had all X’s lit but that one. Managing the X multiplier is quite challenging but fun.

These tips are solid gold!! I did them all tonight (and it took them ALL) and now my manual plunger gets to the top 95% of the time and the auto about 90%. Compared to what I was dealing with, it's absolutely awesome.

Bending the shooter guide via adjustment screw only does so much, so you may need to tinker. Things started really coming together once I locked the pitch in at 7 degrees. Hard coil power gets the auto plunge over the post but I had to step it down to 252 strength to avoid hitting the upper left flipper.

Bending those wire lane guides in makes a difference, too. Ive got mine sligtly tapered so the ball is funneled towards the gate. The guides force the ball against the right-side of the shooter lane and against the curve.

Begin the charge!!

#911 5 years ago

I just got Cyborg Multiball for the first time!! Yeah!! It's awesome!!

The trick was to get the ramps out of the way early so I wasn't psyched out when they were the last segment to complete. I completed Power Ramps before Power Targets!

What a cool mode. I havent experienced 2 Minutes to Midnight or Number of the Beast yet - this game just keeps unfolding!!

#1013 5 years ago

I just earned a Cybord Card during Mummy Multiball. Is that supposed to happen?

I figured Mummy Card -> Mummy Multiball, Cybord Card -> Cyborg Multiball.

#1021 5 years ago

That makes sense - thanks!

I really enjoy everything about the power pyramid. Its my favorite goal in the game.

3 weeks later
#1378 5 years ago

...did it just say "Quadruple Super Jackpot"?

I love this game.

2 months later
#2428 5 years ago

Replacing the factory bulbs with warm white/sunlight LEDs is a good start, but the real magic happened when I replaced the backboard lights with yellow incandescents.

1 month later
#2881 5 years ago

Those look very cool. They extend the playfield themes up the side of the game. Awesome execution.

9 months later
#5306 4 years ago

I was there, too! Everything about the show was unreal. Nothing can top that. I don't know about you guys, but I flipped out when that Icarus sculpture moved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyThom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=RyThom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.