(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,839 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RockfordReplay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4017 5 years ago

A few machine's delivered this week. Iron Maiden arrived today and Wow it's reeeeally niiice. I can't wait to host a tournament.

RageOn tricked me into a time-limited-buy for the shirt. I see they continue to sell it. The time limit was unnecessary as I would have bought one eventually. It looks pretty good and wears well (very soft). Must show it off for the inaugural day.

IMDNshirt (resized).pngIMDNshirt (resized).png
#4029 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

That is one sweet shirt.
Could not find it on Rageon. Got a link?

They have more pinball wear; Search 'pinball' on their site.
https://www.rageon.com/products/iron-maiden-pinball?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrY7qvZ6F4QIVzCCtBh2riQimEAYYBCABEgIwAPD_BwE

2 weeks later
#4200 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

got any install pics?

Another light package popped up yesterday on Straight Down The Middle. Different supplier, but looks interesting.

3 weeks later
#4440 5 years ago

I noticed the update from 1.05 to 1.06 changed the Tilt from devil/beast to a nuclear blast. I thought hmmm, perhaps some people were offended by the devil. Still don't know the specifics that brought us the change.

4 weeks later
#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Here's some close ups and different angles which you don't normally see from ad pics:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have this topper too. I like it, but crazy expensive for what it is. It has the same lighting effect as the Zero with different print/layout. It's mostly for the non-players in the room. The player hardly knows its there until end-game.

Good to see someone sharing images of it. All images found online were the same studio shot.

#4628 4 years ago

Accidentally loaded the Sarcophagus with an air-ball off the ramp. The Beast says, "Diiirty Poool". I love it.

DirtyPool (resized).jpgDirtyPool (resized).jpg
#4660 4 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

... showing two balls locked in there!

Interesting. I wish the video wasn't so short; I have a feeling that 5 minutes doesn't allow for the 'Making of ANY Pin.'

10 months later
#6321 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If someone designed a smaller one that integrated the ball guides, it could still look great, but it would require much more than off-the-shelf work. Pretty sure that's why it hasn't been done yet.

Eh' em. If there ever was a man to accomplish this task; it is the genius of Pinmonk.

#6323 4 years ago

Yep. I understand. I have a great respect for what you do.

1 week later
#6373 4 years ago

Installed PinWoofer last night. I turned it up and whoooaaa, it packs a punch! Checked outside to make certain it wasn't too loud; it was. There's a feel to the Beast's voice now and the end-game bonus provides a nice, sharp, bang, bang, bang, bang. It's pretty neat.

The factory sound was garbled at the beginning of Flight of Icarus. I hoped PinWoofer would eliminate it. It might be better, but it's still there. I wonder if it has to do with the +/- gain settings (for every (+) there needs to be a (-) to prevent distortion). I dunno'.

The full speaker system and settings with 2 amps produces highs and lows missing from the factory setup. The sound boost is much more alive and the bass is sharp. I think every music pin should have something like this; it's really nice.

#6383 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

rockfordreplay - can you post a video or audio clip of what you're hearing? Thanks!

10-4. Will do.

#6384 4 years ago

The link should play at 4:30 (where Flight of Icarus starts). It's tough to hear; when the mode starts, the sound is 'static-y' for a few seconds then it snaps clear. I felt this was due to the pin's amp not able to keep up. Perhaps it's the recording.

#6387 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It sounds like some kind of software limiting... ...If people report their CPU board revision (screened on the bottom edge of the board below the heat sink), it might shed some light on the root cause.

My IMDN is 199-7031-00C

#6390 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

...check feature adjustments option #171 (rev V1.06.0) and report back on what "Music Attenuation" is set to...

Music Attenuation is 0 and v1.06.0 is installed. The Bbox Bass Frequency is 250Hz and the Bbox Bass Level is -6.75.

The latest test (used in the video sample):
Bbox; 250Hz,-6.75dB,8Khz,+6.75dB
Cab; 250Hz,+1.125dB,4Khz,-1.125dB

#6393 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

...might try reducing the music attenuation to -1 or -2 so that the music becomes more prominent compared to the effects which will allow you to reduce the menu volume and perhaps that takes the edge off.

I played around with the sound settings and have not found a setting that betters or worsens the issue.

I'm confident the sound issue is tied to the factory 'game-play' track;
-Base Machine Volume (game-play): 12 (default)
-Music Attenuation (raised or lowers from BaseMV): 0 (default)
-Speech Attenuation (raised or lowers from BaseMV): 0 (default)

#6399 4 years ago

There are at least 3 soundtracks for this machine (base game-play, music and voice). I'm certain the odd sound is isolated to the game-play track.

I suspect they placed a sound overlay. It's a symbol-like noise at the beginning of Flight of Icarus that sounds like distortion.

3 weeks later
#6523 3 years ago

That truck plate make me wonder; If May the 4th is Stars Wars Day, couldn't May the 10th be Iron Maiden Day.

Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yes complete shop job. It seems it was heavily routed for about a year and went into a home where it wasn't shopped for the next year. When I received it it look like someone took a bag of coil dust and dumped it over the whole machine. I mean black dust everywhere, in the cabinet even in the back box. I had to strip everything and completely clean the black dust off of everything. I actually thought it caught fire, LOL. I asked about it on pinside and apparently black rubbers cause this? Upon the teardown I noticed the Playfield was a defective one right from the factory and had a big wear spot right to the wood. But that is another issue. I did touch up the wear spot but you can clearly see it in the picture

I swear there's a difference after cleaning the rubbers too. Makes 'em feel a bit more lively.

#6559 3 years ago

Keith stated that his 3rd game was complete and he was working toward #4. His #3 has yet to made public.

7 months later
#8111 3 years ago

My machines have operated 24/7 for the holiday; IMDN has experienced a lockup twice with the new code (the 1st discovered early on the 29th, the 2nd discovered this evening). A power off/on clears the machine, but I suspect an issue with the update.

Prior the holiday updates, IMDN never flinched. Something is different. I installed full updates with verification.

#8113 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's really on 24/7 (no power off at all) then you probably hit the memory leak or whatever lockup that's been a problem since the beginning (I first reported it on 0.97) and is the reason for the "maintenance reboot" the machine does automatically once a day. But if the machine's being played when it's time for the reboot, it will not do it which might be the reason you got two in a row. This is ONLY if you leave the machine literally on 24/7.
On 0.97 it sometimes put up a transparent black block on the screen right before it locked up. Looked like this...
[quoted image]
The maintenance reboot once a day DOES "fix" the problem in that it stops locking up, but it's not really addressing what's actually causing the lockup.

Yes, literally on 24/7 (only power cycles for the lockup).

The 1st lock; the screen froze while the light-show continued. The flipper buttons provided callouts and a credit was taken with start, but it failed to start the game.

The 2nd lock; the screen looked squished and was locked. The machine provided no response to buttons. I don't recall if the light-show was active.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RockfordReplay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=RockfordReplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.