(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,815 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by nickrivers
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rob_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Any one noticed Crackling(distortion) from Jbl speakers on the LE ?

My SWLE had crackling sound, among other sound issues. A replacement cpu board was the solution.

Rob

#904 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

thanks for posting; ill see if JJ or Patrick can send me a new one. Maybe there's still something else, but it's work magically now with that washer gone.

haven't noticed any buzz since removing. Now my SMVE buzzes all the time and haven't touched that stopper. But I do believe these flipper mechs for IMDN are a new stern design so maybe the washer isn't needed?

The washer helps keeps the coil snug in place since there's always a bit of play. Generally when a (new) flipper is sticking, it's not shimmed for proper up/down play on the playfield bushing. Do you have a 'gold dust' accumulating in the cabinet? Stern coil stops have been known to have the small brass(?) layer disintegrate into dust after only a few hundred games. After that the stop becomes loose, flipper travel extends and it can start sticking.

Rob

3 months later
#2402 5 years ago

I got my premium today.... I wish the lighting was better on the playfield, I may need to do something about it

Rob

#2420 5 years ago

I'm looking for more subtle lighting improvements on the game. Any ideas? Not pinstadium though...

Rob

#2426 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

There is a subgroup of us here that believe in changing the red lights out for warm white.

I'll keep that in mind. I'd kind of like to keep the red in there though. But, there just isn't enough white GI in the game.

Rob

#2432 5 years ago

My first opinions of the game are mixed. I don't think I like it as much as I thought I would and I find it plays a bit 'klunky', especially shots (and attempted loops) from the upper left flipper. Left ramp shots are not too bad and satisfying to make, but not easy to combo for sure. There seems to be a slight droop in the flippers for making the outer shots easier, but not like GB. I really like the mechanical sarcophagus lock on this premium and the underworld shot to start missions. I don't pay too much attention to the beacon (yet). Flipper feel and ball rebound just feels different on this game compared to others I own. The black rubbers just seem REALLY dead for bounce so I'm going to put red flipper rubbers on I think. The stock lighting is... just not very good with the red led compromising overall playfield illumination - there isn't enough white LED as a result. The stock sling leaf switch gap was too liberal, making them not very responsive (now fixed). My IMVE was initially like that too and it certainly made the game easier to play I found.

So it will take some more practice to learn the rules better and get a better feel for the shot geometry. I don't feel frustrated with the game because it plays ok and everything works. I just need to play better! I remember back to 2013 when I bought Metallica Premium and I had really mixed feelings about that game too. Sometimes it just takes a while to really 'click' with a game or theme. I don't regret my purchase and I think I've just been overly tired from neverending piles of work at my job. I get home tired and don't enjoy pinball when I'm that tired... 3 day weekend coming up so I plan to get some more rest and then play some more games!

Rob

#2447 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What are the new callouts? I may hold off until yet another version comes out.

I liked "Hallowed Be Thy Drain!".... But that may not be new...

Rob

#2461 5 years ago

A note of caution for LE and Premium owners. Check the bundled switch wires on the sarcophagus mechanism and ensure they are not taught (tight). If there's no slack, it will cause the wiring loom to bend more at the arrow location and eventually the wiring will fail (think STTNG cannons). When loosened a bit, there's far less wire movement/bending going on. This was noticed during testing of the sarcophagus unload failure (switch 62 adjusted to resolve).

Rob

20180915_153011 (resized).jpg20180915_153011 (resized).jpg

#2462 5 years ago

A fun shot to try: Right flipper backhand for a target sweep!

Rob

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'd like to ask some of you about the tomb rewards and how you get them.

Tomb rewards I am seriously lacking in when I play. I had to read a rule sheet tonight to see how these were earned.

Quoted from Diospinball:

Mummy super. I have not even come close to. That mode is way too hard and needs to be dumbed down.

I think I got a quadruple mummy super jackpot tonight. It was cool Mummy plays a bit different from the Pro to Premium/LE. You can lock the ball for double switch hits on the Premium/LE.

Quoted from Diospinball:

Now my last question is about the 6 way combo.

This seems really hard to do outside of fluking it. I wish there were combo indicators to help. I have yet to accomplish this.

Rob

#2503 5 years ago

I just had a decent game where I got 117 million for "Hallowed Be Thy Name". I started the mission and carried it into Trooper multiball. I think I might have even got 2x playfield going too. The points racked up really fast... Lots of fun!

Rob

#2513 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I think this pin has one of the best integrated shakers. When the crypt open and the machine begins to shake, is awesome!

I think it could be better. For example, the shaker could also be synced to the gunfire effects in Aces High and also the match sequence. Like War Machine shaker effects in Iron Man... So exceptionally done!

Rob

#2536 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

How much value is there in leaving the upper left flipper down when making the loop shot with the upper right? I recall hearing or reading that you were rewarded for making the tighter shot. True? What's the result?

I'm not sure, but I think something was also changed where you had to have the top left flipper down (for the jackpot?).

Rob

#2545 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone change their sling strength from factory? Seems like I get an extraordinary amount of drains off the right sling to the left outlane. Maybe I just need to play better.

I set mine to 25 and they are still plenty strong.

Rob

#2561 5 years ago

Does anyone think power spinner is just way too easy to start and complete? I'm not looking to make the game hard, but some things are just a bit too easy in a home environment. I already set Eddie letter difficulty to medium which seems good.

If you have changed settings, what have they been?

Is it just me, or was there a setting to enable/disable the spinner changing the lit mission? I don't see that setting any more.

Rob

#2570 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I love mine, the modes are deep, in that its not just spam one or two shots to complete them (expect for Icarus). Its challenging, at least for me it is. Reminds me a lot of TWD with the evil drains that screw you right when you were about to finally accomplish something significant and the curse words I throw out while playing.

I find the geometry a bit more forgiving on IMDN than other games. Way more forgiving that SW for example.

Keith said Icarus is actually the most lucrative mode if played right, but I haven't seen that yet. My 117 million on HBTN still stands as my best score on any mode.

Rob

#2571 5 years ago

What is with the extended delay when power modes are completed? I had all but one mode done, then finished the last mode (orbits) and the game took over 30 seconds to finally check off the mode and light cyborg - just after I drained. Anyone else notice this?

Rob

#2577 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The game was waiting for you to hit the Orb shot to collect the last power jackpot. When you drained, it gave you credit for having completed it because the power jackpot goes away at that point. Normal behavior.

Ok. that makes sense now, thanks! I don't think there was a callout for shooting the orb, or maybe I missed it.....

Rob

#2578 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

While I agree that it would appear more forgiving by way of the layout, I find the game extremely unforgiving personally. In fact, when I have played SW, I was having a much easier time making shots and controlling the ball. I can't put my finger on it, but IMDN is a bitch for me. Extremely fun to play, but a bitch none the less. The only other game that has owned me this consistently is TWD.

I find shots on IMDN just way more intuitive than SW. SW was probably the first Ritchie game where the ramp and orbit shots just somehow felt 'off'. I can't quite explain it, but right ramp and right orbit were always a chore (for me) to shoot and left orbit wasn't much better. Left ramp was ok and so was the mini loop, except if the fork ramp is up. Then that can be a bit frustrating too. I thought with IMDN that the left ramp was going to be a bother, but in fact I really like making that shot. I have never played TWD so I can't comment on that one.

Rob

#2580 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sounds like it is still a big winner! Even better for those of us that like the theme. I’m a huge fan of the band but actually think the way the music is integrated is sort of annoying - part of pinball i guess. Can’t disagree on the comments on SW ^^^^

I understand what you mean about the music, but it's just part of the design. I'm not a music buff, but I really do love music themed pinball as evident by my current collection. I would like to get a BM66 as well someday.

Rob

#2582 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

There's no callout for collecting Power Jackpots; my assumption is that the game generally wants you to consider risking building it up before collecting it. Doesn't exactly apply to this situation with the last one(s) left, of course, but I think that's a big reason you never get directed to collect it.

Sounds plausible... Maybe the game code should ready Cyborg Multiball right away and if the player forgoes the power jackpot shot, well then too bad..
But, perhaps there could be a callout for shooting the orb at the same time. I hope Keith is reading this and thinks about a few things we discuss here. I'd also like to see Bonus X displayed at least in the instant info because nothing really shows that as far as I know. Maybe one of the Mystery Level 3 awards could be a bonus hold too, if there isn't one already in the game.

Rob

#2585 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Cyborg MB is qualified by finishing the power features. To finish a power feature, you do 3 things: A) get enough of that feature to start it; B) get enough of it to count it down to zero; C) Collect the power jackpot at the Orb shot (or drain).

Since power jackpot is lost from a drain, I don't see why it cannot also be lost if you neglect to shoot it and start CMB instead. But, I don't write the rules of course

Rob

#2591 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:For those interested, a separate thread has been made here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-tomb-mod-for-iron-maiden-pro-medisinyl-mods-
Otherwise, I've had off and on success with my autoplunge making it up top (as it seems nearly everyone else has). Worked great out of the box before eventually failing every time. Oddly enough, the suggestion to wax the shooter lane worked perfectly for a few games. I was surprised, but sure enough the issue came back and wax did no good after that. Seems I'll be trying to move the manual plunger a bit as others have suggested.

When I saw it, I have to admit I immediately thought of this:

pic (resized).jpgpic (resized).jpg
#2647 5 years ago

The timing for the target sweep must be pretty tight because I'm sure I had far more than 5 in a game, but the record is still 5.

Rob

3 weeks later
#2810 5 years ago

I can't seem to reliable hit anything with that upper left flipper, except for the captive ball. I had to readjust the flipper because it was binding, maybe the angle is slightly off? There's no reference point for the flipper so I just set its rest angle the same as the ball guide above it.

Rob

#2822 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Always use the holes... especially on IMDN, as Keith Elwin himself has specifically said that the flippers should be aligned with the holes. That's why the holes are there.

I don't think my premium has alignment holes for the top flippers. I remember looking a few weeks ago and did not see any.

Rob

1 week later
#2886 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes that is the same type problem switch. Very crappy design.

When the ball mechanism is adjusted right, it works really well. I think the leaf switch should have been longer so it wouldn't need such a precise adjustment.

Rob

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I did too last night, no bloody idea how i did it but it was very cool

It's the third Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure award which means need 3 soul shards to get to it. Those are earned from certain achievements in each mission.

Rob

#2913 5 years ago

I just got a 750 million GC on my game.

I think the soul shard lighting could be more apparent by having the main RGB insert below the ramp being a unique color.

Rob

#2973 5 years ago

Does anyone pay attention to the beacon light while playing? I used try to, but not any more. It's supposed to act as a timer and also help indicate where you hit on the bullseye target.

Rob

1 week later
#3021 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I own a pro and love it. All of a sudden I am thinking of upgrading to prem.
Is it worth it? Better or not?

I think the extra features on the premium are worth it and that's why I bought one. I really like the sarcophagus lock. The LED dome I never really pay attention to though... Mode starts on the premium are smoother/easier with the lifting ramp.

Rob

1 week later
#3116 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

n IMDN the ball, rod, spring, pencil post can bind and get sticky. Even after complete disassembly clean and lube it can still bind.

It only sticks when the retaining collar isn't adjusted right. Plus, it doesn't need any lubrication.

Rob

#3131 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Totally agree, this game is a blast to play. I dont like to make statements like bolted down anymore because we all know that things change and not many games are truly bolted to the floor, but i really dont ever see me letting this game go ever. Its always fun to play like you said and it just never gets old. All of the modes are fun to play except Flight of Icarus. I love busting Eddie out of jail in Hallowed be thy name, that never ever gets old.

FOI could certainly be updated to be more fun.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I do wish the software credits and even side contributions were better documented from Stern.

They are in SW and can be viewed with a flipper code.

Rob

1 week later
#3297 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

People must love looking at zebra stripes
As for the UV - not worth taking risks with people's eyes.
Studies have already shown blue leds can damage the cells in the retina.
The crazy thing is that pinball was never meant to be played in blindingly bright light, ambience adds to the atmosphere.
A combination of light and dark on a playfield adds contrast.
Anyway, each to their own....

If the blue LED don't get you, the bus probably will.

Rob

#3337 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fair amount of bugs that still need attention on the 1.05 buglist, so I'd be surprised if there wasn't another update pretty soon.

Mostly minor stuff right? I hope the lag is eventually fixed.

Rob

2 weeks later
#3511 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I know this has been gone over many times cause well, I've read every post in this thread. But can someone refresh me on the captive ball bullshit? Straight on 6 pm shots not registering but oddly, 9 and 3 o clock are.
Not sensitive enough means leaf switches too far apart? How are you guys adjusting these, closer or further?

In your case, I would suspect the switch spoon isn't centered correctly on the actuator post. If you can push up on the spoon and the post moves even a tiny bit, it's not centered. For the mystery switch on my game, I enlarged the switch mounting holes so I could adjust the spoon position to be perfectly centered on the post.

Rob

#3604 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Do you Premium owners wish you bought a Pro instead?

No. I like the egyptian theme of the premium as well as the sarcophagus lock and lifting ramp for mode starts.

Quoted from PW79:

I keep reading in other threads the Premium/LE mechs are guaranteed problematic.

The newton balls and corresponding switches need to be adjusted properly. Once they are, the mechanisms work well. But, working on these may not be for everyone.

Rob

#3635 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Unfortunately mine has the narrow leg plates which was very disappointing becasuse all thought all games starting with SW got the new and improved leg plates. Was anything else changed and upgraded?

My premium has the small plates too. They must be just using up inventory of the small plates which are probably still ok for Iron Maiden. They couldn't be used for SW and BM66 (newer) because of the heavier playfields.

Rob

#3663 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'd say the premium is the smallest upgrade that stern has done in a long time.

I like the sarcophagus lock a lot as well as the lift ramp. I don't know about anyone else, but I never pay attention to the dome flasher.

Rob

1 month later
#3997 5 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Does anyone know if/what the setting is to turn off the autoplunge after locking a ball on the premium/Le? Be buggered if I could find it in the menu's.
I would like a chance to sip a beer during a good ball .

I don't think there is a setting for this. It would be nice to allow another skill shot this way, but it might not be a fair thing in a multiplayer game.

Rob

1 week later
#4058 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Just got my custom shooter rod for my LE! Yes, my LE, that has a custom shooter rod...lol...should've been something like this from day dot![quoted image]

Reminds me of Jay Leno...

Rob

#4116 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Thats good news.
Thinking back on it, my GB playfield took about a couple months from my first complaint before I finally recieved the new one.
Be persistant. I don't see how they could justify not sending you a new playfield with that kind of warp.

The warp that playfield has will adversely affect game play because it will never be level at the flippers (without drastic measure). I had the exact same kind of warp on my Metallica premium back in 2015 and Stern did replace the playfield. In my case I had already owned the game 8 months before I realized the issue. It took about 5 months before Stern agreed it was warped and the distributor (Starburst at the time) had to be involved as well. I sent a message to John Borg and he signed my playfield before it was shipped back.

Try to take pictures with a straight edge on the playfield showing the warp. The playfield not sitting flush in the receiver may not be enough - it wasn't in my case. Stern also rebuilt my new playfield from the old playfield parts because at the time they had not been running Metallica Premiums for quite a while.

Rob
10491148_10153380128429244_6139233853484504548_n (resized).jpg10491148_10153380128429244_6139233853484504548_n (resized).jpg20fafc04fa08135bbf11f4f3013a98d029243f48 (resized).jpg20fafc04fa08135bbf11f4f3013a98d029243f48 (resized).jpg9cb252c7b0eb6a4f510ee57258f39978fd2b6750 (resized).jpg9cb252c7b0eb6a4f510ee57258f39978fd2b6750 (resized).jpg

#4117 5 years ago

End result:

746a03454cd78e65423f10934c0d02b0447848f5 (resized).jpg746a03454cd78e65423f10934c0d02b0447848f5 (resized).jpgd279dcf8a450ef339c63fcf1a58d4b08e5323483 (resized).jpgd279dcf8a450ef339c63fcf1a58d4b08e5323483 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4203 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Stern, via Chas, says that my playfield "meets our quality standards" and will not be replaced. No options were provided and no tips were given on how to level a warped playfield.
Wow... I am seriously at a loss here, everyone thought that they would give me a non-warped playfield... I am just haggard.

You have to prove that it's warped with a straight edge on the playfield showing a gap. Speaking from experience, what you showed isn't enough to do that. Also, you should contact Player One and have them involved. Don't try to deal with Stern directly or you will be turned away like you have.

Rob

1 month later
#4666 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

I would love to see on the new code a "random letter ramp", when you put it on hard after the first mode you always shot right and left ramp to get letters, if they can put it on random, you need to shot all over the playfield go get letters... Is a simple update that would make all the diference.

For casual home play, the game could certainly use a bit more 'randomness'.

Rob

2 months later
#5215 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I probably have a defective / broken orb newton assembly or spring?
When I compared it's action to the sarcophagus newton by moving the hex pointer post around I noticed the sarcophagus post springs back / recenters with authority.
However, the orb newton isn't as snappy.
In fact, if I pull the post towards the front of the playfield the return strength is lacking and it doesn't always recenter.
Nuts, screws, switch stack, hex post...all seem tight.
In the morning I'll double check the assembly on the top side of the playfield.
I'm not sure I want to take it apart / out before talking to Stern...

The spring collar needs to be unscrewed a little bit. Maybe try half a turn at a time until it centers well.

Part 8

8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg
#5226 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Before anyone pays that, check with Borygard here. He's been able to fix some node board problems.

The LED parts for light boards should be available. It's just a matter of finding someone to do the surface repair work. A friend of mine bought a hot air station just for doing that and replaced the sound IC on his Metallica pro.

Rob

8 months later
#6560 3 years ago

Back in the club with my original game that i previously sold. It was then on location for a while and got beat up a bit. Cosmetics are mostly fine, but coin door is kicked in a bit and several minor playfield parts were broken. Luckily I have all the spare parts I need to fix everything. Ironically I sold IMDN to get a DILE, but IMDN is back and DILE is leaving later this week (along with ACDC).

Rob

#6562 3 years ago

The consensus is that another update is coming? I kind of thought one was being worked on when the 'making of Jurassic Park' video had a clip with a whiteboard and some updated rule notes.

Rob

2 months later
#6947 3 years ago

Loops are extremely difficult to make on my game so I'm tempted to change the upper right flipper angle slightly to see if it makes any improvement. A big part of the issue is if the ball hits too high in the left loop entrance, it just bounces dead. Has anyone else had grief making loop shots on their game?

Rob

5 months later
#8035 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone know what length this standoff should be for center support of left wire form? This one is 1.5"
Searched manual couldn't find a spec
Seems long and preloads wireform lifting exit of ramp.
2nd owner so might be normal or someone's mixup.[quoted image][quoted image]

It is long, but that was by design so the ramp does not interfere with the spinner.

Rob

#8138 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There were so few LEs shipped to Canada, that would be worth the trip! I think we only got 10 or something stupid. I don't think the US games got the tournament button either. But does anyone even use those buttons?

Some people hoarded the LE too, just to flip for a buck.

Rob

8 months later
#9603 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_tagram:

I have a rather large warp at the edge of the playfield you can see with the naked eye. Put a steel ruler on it and you can see its at least an 1/8" warp at the edge. Further up the playfield just beyond the right flipper is a sizable hump (this is where I am getting the weird ball movement) and twist in the playfield ever further up that can easily be seen with the ruler.

That playfield is significantly warped, one of the worst I have seen. You should have your distributor deal with Stern for you.

Rob

2 weeks later
#9731 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

I noted curling on my new run before 200 plays. Probably before that, just wasn't bad enough to notice yet. I'm somewhere in the 700s now and so far I've been able to control it by pushing it back down every so often but its clear its not going to work forever.

I replaced the mylar with automotive paint protection film because I had no mylar. Time will tell to see how it holds up.

Rob

#9732 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

wonder if any of you know the handle of any of the guys working at Stern on this site? I am sure those guys are on here somewhere and can read the owner's thread. I mean, if I was Stern, I would like to read the new releases threads so they can pick up issues as they are reported.
I am sure this might work better than the actual EMAIL system they currently use.
wondering if we could do that for this game, I think they need to come up with a better solution...the longevity of this piece of "metal" is very limited, the more it gets hit the more it bends and it stretches out, it is the nature of the material and it stretches with every ball hit, it starts to curl on the edges.
Unfortunately, my suggestions is coming in a little too late so now we need to find another alternative besides replacing this piece... wondering what that is and if Stern has any ideas?
Maybe if we @ one of the customer service guys so they can see people are still talking about this, that would be great.

I would say as long as it's not trapping the ball, then just play the game. Consider it a wear item like pinball rubbers or balls.

Rob

#9739 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I've been having an intermittent issue with the Guardian diverter motor on my recent build Premium. Sometimes the motor will engage but not raise the diverter. I've removed all of the front facing pieces and removed the assembly from the backboard to ensure nothing is binding and it is properly lubricated. When running the diverter test you can hear the motor try to engage but it doesn't seem to rotate and raise the diverter. Manually pushing up while the motor is running doesn't seem to help at all. Here is a short video showing the test sequence:

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? I've opened a support ticket but haven't heard anything back from Stern yet.

Did you check the set screw on the output shaft?

Rob

#9743 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Doh! Should have checked that but you were exactly right. It is the set screw. Thanks so much Rob_G!
So I tightened it down REALLY tight and played it for a game but by the start of the second game, it stopped working again because the set screw loosened. My first inclination is to try some loctite, but figured I’d check first if this is a common problem? Is the shaft completely round or is there a flat side or indentation that the set screw is supposed to sit inside? Seems odd that I could tighten it so hard and it would loosen so quickly.

This was my first thought, but apparently not. The lower switch was activated and the motor test is supposed to make it run until it hits the other switch. Triggering the switches manually worked just fine but didn’t make it start moving. Definitely related to the set screw but it just won’t stay tightened.

Blue loctite will work fine. There is probably a flat spot on the output shaft you will need to align with the set screw.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rob_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=Rob_G and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.