(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7787 3 years ago

I picked up a pro model a couple weeks go and had a few questions to keep us occupied while we wait for the software Santa;

1) I am considering selling the Ace's High topper that came with the game. Can anybody suggest what a good asking price is these days? Consider condition good as new.

2) Sometimes (maybe about a third of the time?) with the trooper locks lit, the game misses registering the lock on a good shot to the upper spinner. Is this somewhat a common issue? Both the upper spinner and outer orbit opto register fine for all other shots.

3) On the pro, there are two torch lights above the left ramp. One is for indicating coffin lock is ready, what is the other one for?

4) During non Eddie modes (Trooper, Mummy, Cyborg, etc) does the shatz target count for objective shots or for X shots?

5) After hitting the bulls-eye target, what do the illuminated colors correlate to how the hit was registered (outer, inner and center)?

#7824 3 years ago

Default power is now maxed out for the main flippers? (EDIT: Previous default was set to Hard, so probably not a change)

- changed 'LEFT FLIPPER POWER' - default: 255 (min: 100 / max: 255) - removed preset SOFT / NORMAL / HARD
- changed 'RIGHT FLIPPER POWER' - default: 255 (min: 100 / max: 255) - removed preset SOFT / NORMAL / HARD
- changed 'UPPER LEFT FLIPPER POWER' - default: 190 (min: 100 / max: 255) - removed preset SOFT / NORMAL / HARD
- changed 'UPPER RIGHT FLIPPER POWER' - default: 225 (min: 100 / max: 255) - removed preset SOFT / NORMAL / HARD

#7828 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My .spk file has numbers after it. Is that right?
iron_maiden_pro-1_08_0.spk.002.000
My 1.06 file just had the .spk

Yes.

Update instructions:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains two files
3 - Open folder, copy only the files to the root level of a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
Do not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update

#7843 3 years ago

Has the Mariner mode always said "Shoot the blue shots"?

#7892 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Never had issues like this for updating code.
Usually just drop folder in USB. Done.
That did not work, so took both spike files out and put on USB.
Now getting invalid spk file message.
That was on an empty 16GB Sandisk.
Last attempt on a 64GB USB stick, that has a load of other stuff on it.
It worked!!

You will get the invalid message if you moved the two spk files to the root directory but kept the empty folder. Delete the empty spk folder.

1 week later
#8079 3 years ago

Answering my own questions for posterity.

Quoted from RobF:

2) Sometimes (maybe about a third of the time?) with the trooper locks lit, the game misses registering the lock on a good shot to the upper spinner. Is this somewhat a common issue? Both the upper spinner and outer orbit opto register fine for all other shots.

I found that my upper spinner actuator arm was sitting quite a bit above the switch. I think this caused the switch to miss single spins on occasion and that would lead to left orbit locks not counting. I bent the switch arm up so that less rotation was needed to activate the switch.

Quoted from RobF:

3) On the pro, there are two torch lights above the left ramp. One is for indicating coffin lock is ready, what is the other one for?

This was answered here; https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/161#post-6038250
I will add that the left red torch flashing does not distinguish between which is ready between the tomb treasure or sarcophagus lock. It also doesn't distinguish when both are ready simultaneously. It's not very useful.

Quoted from RobF:

4) During non Eddie modes (Trooper, Mummy, Cyborg, etc) does the shatz target count for objective shots or for X shots?

I am still not 100% but I think the rule is, in MB, it only counts for spotting an X. For battle modes, it counts only for a lit progress shot. I am not sure what happens when both are running.

Quoted from RobF:

5) After hitting the bulls-eye target, what do the illuminated colors correlate to how the hit was registered (outer, inner and center)?

This on turned out to be pretty intuitive. The LED color matches the color of the target rings; outer ring is red, inner ring is blue, bullseye flashes both red and blue.

1 month later
#8413 3 years ago

I am experimenting with a low cost speaker upgrade for my IMDN (but would work with any SPK2 I assume). I have designed and printed a 4x6 speaker adapter plate and picked up a pair of $35 Cerwin-Vega speakers to try out. I only have one installed at the moment, but as you would expect the sound quality has gone up noticeably. Once I have both installed, I am sure I will have to go back into the EQ settings and dial back the really high end frequencies that that stock speakers just can't reproduce well. It is really nice to have the EQ control in the new code!

Speakers I am using; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XBFM6CW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
PXL_20210209_012833010 (resized).jpgPXL_20210209_012833010 (resized).jpgPXL_20210209_013139076 (resized).jpgPXL_20210209_013139076 (resized).jpg

#8418 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I am experimenting with a low cost speaker upgrade for my IMDN (but would work with any SPK2 I assume). I have designed and printed a 4x6 speaker adapter plate and picked up a pair of $35 Cerwin-Vega speakers to try out. I only have one installed at the moment, but as you would expect the sound quality has gone up noticeably. Once I have both installed, I am sure I will have to go back into the EQ settings and dial back the really high end frequencies that that stock speakers just can't reproduce well. It is really nice to have the EQ control in the new code!
Speakers I am using; amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

I forgot to mention that if it wasn't commonly known, there are speaker impedance software settings for each set of speakers (not sure if this was introduced after the last update?). So in my example, since I am using car audio speakers, I needed to change the backbox speaker setting from 8 to 4 ohm. With fader and 10band EQ settings (also individually controlled between backbox and cabinet speakers), you really can fine tune the audio.

1 week later
#8457 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I'd be up for a Killers translite. Who has them?

The hint is in the watermark.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=RobF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.