(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,841 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 minutes ago by John-from-PA
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RatShack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#636 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Dude, you’re right. It’s no where to be found but listed on the Stern comparison chart “New CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification”. I hadn’t noticed because I installed a Pinovaters sub-out asap after unboxing. Dang.
Anyone find it ?

Looks like external audio is on CN5. I've been digging around for info on how the headphone adapter is wired since it looks like 2 parts and a cable. What's strange about these pinouts is there are no pins for audio ground. Anyone know where the headphone adapter gets it from? Cabinet ground via the coin door?

Spike2_Audio_connectors (resized).PNGSpike2_Audio_connectors (resized).PNG

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from DragonPin:

Im really confused about the audio line out/headphone connections. The marketing for Iron Maiden stated a line out for hookup to a home audio system.
I dont see any connections on my board?
Did previous Spike systems come with a 3.5mm jack?
Did they downgrade the audio connections on this machine instead of improving them? Its my first Stern machine so I have no basis of comparison

I think Spike1 had a 3.5mm jack. On Spike2 it's CN3 and CN5 pin headers on the CPU board.

I'm presuming they're going to sell a pigtail adapter for line out at some point, similar to the headphone kit. Going to scrounge through my junk parts over the weekend and try to figure out the hookup.

#668 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Flippers sure are loud. Does that annoy anyone else? It's a pretty f'ing loud/sharp clack clack noise.

That was the first unexpected thing I noticed after setting up. The 2nd is that awful fan on the power supply.

#789 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

First thing I noticed and absolutely fuckin love is when you start a game you can pick a track, you're pretty much in attract mode jukebox wise, but you can start game when you want and track keeps playing. Nice. Very nice.

Even better: They're the full versions of the tracks. Rime of the Ancient Mariner is 13:34. I can't wait to be playing this cranked up in a bar when the interlude hits 5 minutes in.

#827 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

After running through all the songs many times and not being familiar with maiden before this pin, I decided to keep all but one song (Run to the hills). To determine what to replace it with, I went through a lot of their songs and found this one - Wrathchild. Really liked that one. Therefore I injected it into the new code (PRO). If anyone wants it to use on their machine, I've posted it here. I used loseless audio (FLAC) so it sounds really good.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dcUJ2Ay3D3z2SMhFofpwlKcLSaQn5Td6

Can I Play With Madness is on my chopping block, with Wasted Years not far behind. I'm thinking about swapping in Losfer Words and From Here to Eternity.

Powerslave is my favorite album of theirs and I'm pretty happy half of it is already in the game.

Getting the official headphone adapter in tomorrow along with a few parts to try my hand at building a line-out adapter.

#970 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

The Stern Spike 2 Headphone kit will work on Iron Maiden right? I don't see any differences between IMDN and the last few Stern games (Batman 66, Star Wars, etc), and it works on those, so should be fine, right?

It's the correct kit, installed it this week.

Interesting note: It looks at the impedance of what's connected and if you try using it as a line-out it will switch back to the cab speakers. I was able to trick it with a Y splitter connected to a pair of headphones.

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

What do you mean by use it as a line out? Like to external speakers or a sub? Or to headphones?

Line-out as in connection to an amp, I hooked it up to a PC for a stream with direct audio capture.

2 weeks later
#1215 5 years ago

Anyone have any adjustments to reduce air balls off the slings?

3 weeks later
#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

The backbox light is adjustable at three points. In attract mode, in play and when in the portal. All adjustable in adjustments. I have my attract and in play brightness at 80. Defaults are 100.

I have my in play brightness set around 10, adjusted it down until most of the glare was eliminated.

2 weeks later
#1757 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

That helps for one mode. However I find it hard with multipballs to hit loop shots. Both in moving focus from the bottom flippers. Or if you trap up on the left it can block needed shots with the upper left flipper.

The flippers are staged - pressing the button in halfway will only activate the bottom flipper. Easier said than done during multiball though.

3 weeks later
#2100 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Question was, how you light tomb treasure...

Those are the events that light the treasure shot.

1 week later
#2201 5 years ago

New code is out. Doesn't look like Stern has posted about it yet.

V1.04.0 - August 15, 2018
=========================
- fixed an issue introduced in 1.03.0 that would complete lit modes when draining a ball without even starting the mode

#2236 5 years ago

Here's something I'll never repeat:

Had 3x lit going into Fear of the Dark. Hit the left ramp, activated 3X, hit the right ramp for the doubler, nailed the top spinner and comboed into the bottom spinner while the top was still going. I missed the value awarded but it was over 100M.

Really wish I had captured it on video!

1 week later
#2298 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

From what I understand there is a "mode select" shot. What is that shot and what do you guys think the most lucrative mode to start is? Mariner or Hallowed or ?

Left spinner if you haven't spelled EDDIE yet.

1st mode is usually trash, by the time the 2nd mode is ready I'll have trooper locked and ready. Hallowed is good there since some of the lit shots will start trooper.

3 weeks later
#2493 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Thanks man.
My machine is pretty factory, set at 6.7 degrees. Outlanes are factory, like yours. Settings are factory.
The outlane drains feel fair to me on IMDN, compared to most other modern machines. If you are missing your shots, going out of control and into the slings... you should be draining via the outlanes, because that's pinball.
Certainly wouldn't move the posts in, you won't get any better by making your machines easier.

I have outlanes all the way in and it doesn't feel like it makes a difference. It seems like whenever the ball gets kicked to either one it loses all horizontal momentum and you're done. I've been thinking of opening it up and seeing if that makes nudging back out any easier.

3 weeks later
#2729 5 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Pro for casual home use and had a couple of questions for the IMDN experts. I'm looking to get the Stern HD glass, Stern shaker motor and Stern headphone jack/external volume control upgrades. Any thoughts on those? Are there other recommended mods/upgrades I should be considering (plastic protectors)?
I may upgrade the speakers in the future, but want to see if the stock ones will be good enough for me. I've heard that the standard stock Stern balls aren't great. If this is the case, any suggestions on higher quality balls (and where to get them?)?

The headphone jack and volume control are nice additions.

Instead of getting anti-glare glass, I set the backbox illumination during gameplay to 0%, it made a huge difference. You don't need anti-glare if there's no glare to begin with.

2 months later
#3340 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yeah those callouts are great...dirty pool from TAF, the “ 2x completed” sounds straight outta Centaur and I also got “Feel my Power” from Sorcerer the other day.
Wonder what other old school callouts are hidden in there.

"No Class Human" is one of the tilt callouts.

3 weeks later
#3594 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nvm. Just found it in the readme:
- added 'LIMIT RIGHT UP POST USE' - defaults to YES, which will not raise the Right Up Post for mode starts, change to NO to revert to old behavior EDIT: its feature adj #65
Btw. New lighting effects are bitchin! They’re almost like Dwighting effects

It's pretty sweet at the start of Aces High that the 2nd ball comes screaming out of the right orbit.

1 week later
#3704 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I’m in!
Little question, if i want to connect a sub, where do you route de wiring... there is no hole in the cab.

There's 4 holes on the bottom near the rear covered with mesh, you could run a cable under the mesh and out as well.

1 week later
#3751 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I was thinking this last night when playing and was going to post, didn’t know it was a flasher. I’ll have to pay more attention

It fades on and off too, I never noticed it until recently. I'm assuming it's related to power pops.

2 months later
#4234 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Really? Serious question. I’ve never bought a shaker, so curious to know.

If you install a shaker you'll need to loosen up the tilt. Tight tilts and shakers are not a good combination.

#4266 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Has anyone figured out a way to deaden the knocking sound from the upper right flipper? I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but now it's 85 pages long! It's driving me crazy.

For a while I was running adhesive cabinet door bumpers on the coil stops to quiet them down, got them at Walmart.

1 week later
#4322 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The amount of times I've drained ball 3 only to have it then tell me cyborg is ready is sad. One more shot? Really? I've probably missed out on an collected cyborg MB as many times as I've actually gotten it. Maybe if the animations would keep up I'd have focused on the center ramp.

It does that because the power jackpot gets reset on the drain. I always forget about collecting it, when I do it's usually by accident.

1 week later
#4433 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Each to their own....BUT WTF??
I can't for the life of me imagine playing Maiden without hearing Maiden tunes!!
Would you buy a Beatles pin and use Eminem C-Rap?
I don't mean to start a tunes fight in this thread honest, just seems weird that someone would buy an Iron Maiden machine specifically and want to change all the music, makes no sense to me.

Yes I would, but would go for Wu-Tang over Eminem.

It helps keep the game fresh. Maiden rocks, but after a few hundred games some variety is nice. SD cards are cheap and easy to swap out if you put a few mixes together. I'm enjoying an Ozzy mix in mine for now.

IMDN is a great shooter so I can see wanting to own one without liking Maiden.

2 months later
#4903 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Thanks for the reply. They are the same length so I'm guessing updating one will do the other, but I was hoping to get a confirmation.
Cheers!
Mike

There's a bunch of shared requests. These are the only scripts you need to replace.
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

1 month later
#5186 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm assuming you mean this thing:
[quoted image]
I can't see how you'd need something like this. The inner loop is a tight and tough shot. If you don't hit it perfectly, the ball won't go around, no matter how many mods you stick in the game. Once you get that shot down, it goes way smoother. I've nailed I think 6 in a row until the spinner f'ed up the return. I nail two or three in a row almost every game, and I'm mod-free!
IMHO, no one needs these mods. It took me 15 minutes to fix my opto issue.

My girlfriend managed to get an airball off the jump ramp stuck in that spot twice within a week of getting the machine.

2 weeks later
#5366 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Any tips on completing Mummy MB? I have been able to get the other 3 cards, but for some reason, I just can't get Mummy. I find it difficult because if I'm trying to trap a ball with the left flipper, I can't make the orbit because the little flipper us up.
Thanks!

Work on your flipper staging. Cradle up on both flippers then back off the left button ever so slightly until the upper left flipper drops.

3 months later
#5775 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Joined the club tonight!! Question for you guys while I catch up on the thread: on the premium, should you be able to hit the target behind center ramp from the right flipper? I know you can on the pro, but I don't think I was able to hit it at all on my new premium in the handful of games I played tonight.
[quoted image]

That should be pretty much the same shot between the premium and pro. Check the flipper power settings and give the playfield a good waxing.

2 months later
#6154 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Wasn't there another plastic piece Stern was providing to help prevent balls from getting stuck somewhere in the back of the playfield? I thought I read a post about that awhile ago - but I can't find it in this long thread.
I ask because I emailed Stern support asking for the metal piece and also the ball protector, and they said they only have record of the metal piece -- if there's a specific post, I can forward it to them and ask.

It's the larger piece in this kit: https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RatShack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=RatShack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.