(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Joined the club last night...

Great! now start making some cool mods.... you are allowed to play a little first

1 week later
#561 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I missed one of these on eBay for $40 plus shipping oh well.

I had my eye on eBay and Amazon for 2 weeks. I missed out on some deals. I pulled the trigger for 75.00 new shipped tonight. I anticipate they will keep going up.

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Going to PC my pro. Ordered a few swatches. I like either the red or orange. The pic doesn't show it well,.but it has a Metallica flake/sparkle in it. It's from the prismatic illusion family, illusion orange and illusion red. Leaning toward orange.
What do you think?

Orange FTW!

#784 5 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Here Hold my ball while I use the bathroom.

ADBC10F7-0A02-4FF2-9366-2C61A5486B92 (resized).pngADBC10F7-0A02-4FF2-9366-2C61A5486B92 (resized).png

#800 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Got rid of the plastic shrinky dink Somewhere in Time / Stranger in a Strange Land Eddie tonight and replace it with this.
#Eddielives

I’ll take the bottom half and turn it upside down in my future machine....

Cutting a $300.00 Iron Maiden Cyborg figure in half....is not in my wheelhouse!

2 weeks later
#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Im already seeing marks in the mylar so not that paranoid

Paranoia Insurance on my IMDN premium has arrived.....

87FDFADE-6A15-4CF2-8858-59728ED70BF9 (resized).jpeg87FDFADE-6A15-4CF2-8858-59728ED70BF9 (resized).jpeg

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Pretty easy install. Only "gotcha" when I went to test fit it was loosening the small metal ramp on the upper left loop to get the protector underneath.

Really...You didn’t have to remove the right ramp or any flippers? How long was the install?
LE/Premium might take more time with the extra hardware from the Sarcophagus lock mechanism in the way...

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Oh you need to remove all that shit, that loop ramp was just the only thing that I didn't think of when test fitting the protector. If it's your first one I'd plan about 5 hours. Use naphtha to remove any wax and make sure the playfield is totally dry before putting the protector down. After removing g the top layer clean with novus 2 then 1 or the film residue will really slow things down significantly.
Label your connectors BEFORE disconnecting them.

Hmmm... do you really need to use naphtha on a brand new playfield? the instructions state otherwise. Can you novus 2 then 1 the protector top portion before putting it in the game? or wait till it’s installed...

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/docs/PP_Installation_Guide_20171030.pdf

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from heme:

otherwise you get the wet look, I've only installed one protector with that method and yet to see the wetness that appears after X amount of plays. Naptha seems to help. I'll be damned if I'm going to redo my other ones though.

I guess I will try the Naphtha method....does this method stink up the house? should I use a respirator mask? how long should you wait to install the protector after you Naphtha the playfield?

1 week later
#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Odd stuck ball tonight.

What are the odds of that happening again?

2 weeks later
#1445 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I received and set up my LE yesterday. What an amazing pin!
It plays well with no apparent switch issues. The plunge is somewhat random at times though.
I updated the code to last night's drop. I have to say: The playfield lighting during modes and general play is exceptional. Incredible attention to detail. Kudos to Keith and everyone involved with this pin!

What!? TNA is gone...IMDN music in crwjumper’s ears...I never thought that would happen after hearing you on Owl’s stream

1 month later
#1928 5 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Anyone that has installed some pinblades on their machine have any tips? The right side is soooo tight cant seem to get it.

My right side is also very tight....

5 months later
#3499 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I am looking to upgrade the cabinet speaker in my premium, what size is it, 8 inch?

8” is correct. but, I went with the 10” kit from FF for the Cabinet, and also replaced the BB speakers too. this kit comes with an adapter plate to put the 10”, in place of the 8”. no permanent modification is needed.

The speakers in the prem are the same as the pro, and are horrible.

This was a huge improvement for me.

https://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-speaker-systems/meaty-beaty-big-and-bassy-10-3-way-speaker-system-for-spike-machines.html

#3560 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Aren't the FF speakers 4 ohm?

8ohms for all the FF Speakers

FF website:

This complete three-piece replacement speaker system includes 2 of our custom-designed, high-efficiency 4" 2-way speakers (8 Ohm speakers wired in parallel to achieve a 4 Ohm load at the amp). The capabilities of the backbox speakers are critical to delivering the majority of music, voice and sound effects in modern pinball machines while being efficient enough not to overdrive the amp at maximum volume levels. Extensive testing and design enhancements have resulted in the optimum balance of speaker performance characteristics – to bring out the best sound in your Stern pinball machine.

#3576 5 years ago
Quoted from malklavious:

Question about the 1.06 update, in the readme it says "Volume buttons change options for full or quick update", what is the difference between "full" and "quick" update?

“Full” is a complete software update. and “quick” is a add-on update.

I always do a Full update now, after having issues with the add-on...the Full takes longer, but it is the best way IMHO.

1 month later
#3935 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

For those of you that haven’t seen it yet, Robert Gagno live-streamed his gameplay on IMDN and he got to Run to the Hills and a score of over 3 billion. Enjoy.

...and he did all that, with no rubber on the mini flipper!

2 weeks later
#4047 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

For those who got the pharaoh protector did you install it on the back or the front of the original. And if so, why?
I ended up installing mine on the back.
-there was already wear to the back of the plastic from the switch assembly
-normally plastic protectors go on the back to give the original Plastix more rigidity.
But in the case of this pin the plastic takes a head on beating, so maybe There is cases for both
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I actually thought about installing mine in the back, due to the wear I saw from the mech on the back of the plastic. but, do to the flying balls...I went with installing it in front. I’d rather have a worn back, instead of a cracked front...
I probably should of put some Mylar on the back of the plastic while I had it off.
I suppose, the best protection, would be to have two protectors on. one for the front and one for the rear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 16.00
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=Pinzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.