(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,653 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1550 5 years ago

Ordering a pro this week.

#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The more I play this game, the more I like it. At first I wasnt super crazy about the shot layout, as it was hard for me to find them. But now, I'm getting more into the rules and seeing that there are many ways to play. There seem to be more options to go for on this game than many. You can just do multiballs all day and get tons of points for that, do modes and get tons for that, or just abandon it all and do loops all day and take in the points. I'm really enjoying how different each game can be.
Also, does this have a sort of wide body feel to anyone else? Something about the shot layout gives me a wide body vibe, for some reason. Maybe its the lack of toy that makes it feel more....wide?

Jorant! I just ordered a pro. You like it better than ST pro?

1 week later
#1840 5 years ago

I am in as of last week. I absolutely love this game. I admit when it first came out I wasn’t too interested, but now it’s the complete opposite.

My favorite mode is aces high. 8 kills is my high so far. How many kills finishes it? Hard to look at screen when your so concentrated on hitting lit targets.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks buddy. I don't think I've ever had this much fun playing pinball and all i got to say is honeymoon phase my ass, this game is the real effing deal and it's 1000% guaranteed to never leave my collection. Just unbelievable!

Get back to playing. You’re wasting valuable game time. Lol. I love this game. Epic.

#2063 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Has anyone had any sound issues with their game? I was playing mine yesterday and something changed in the sound. It almost sounded like it went from stereo to mono or something. It seems like it lost its bass and the cabinet speaker sounds like shit when you stick your head under the cabinet and listen to it. It sounds like the speaker is blown or something but it isnt. I also put another speaker in it and it sounds the same so that rules the speaker out. I cant hardly describe it but i know something has changed and isnt right. They are telling me to redownload the software at stern and we will go from there, but i dont think that is going to d anything. Im almost thinking that i may have a sound board issue.

My game has the same issues. I bet most people don’t realize it. Get on one knee and list underneath cabinet and sounds like speaker is blown.

#2069 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yes it is distortion,
Further work is required from IMDN's audio department,
I am sure they are aware of the issue.
Compensation can be made through adjustments, Have dialed in my LE okay, but feel it could be better.
I dislike distortion and excess mid and treble, certainly is a balancing act with IMDN.
Running 1.02
Best I could come up with so far :
Back box 8 ohm
bass 100
treb 60
Cab 4 ohm
bass 60
treb 40
I will add that I have pinbits sub kit and it adds a little kick to the bottom end.
I have not been able to get solid Punch from sub as yet.
So far my opinion of audio quality in IMDN LE is fair, I hope the team will go the extra mile to polish audio to next level.
here's hoping next code update will include audio quality/clarity improvement
Additional
Call out quality seems to be fine.
It is just the music quality that is lacking.

Thanks for your input! Yes it’s the music not the call outs that are the issue.

I am hoping a code update does the trick.

8 months later
#4432 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Update on my warped playfield (sorry it's been a while but I don't read pinside anymore):
11 days ago, Chas told me that he would get me a price on an unpopulated playfield, since they were unwilling to offer me a solution to the warping. Haven't heard from him since, must be hard info to get!
My distro, Nitro pinball, is completely ignoring the issue and will not reply to my e-mails. Great support!
Haven't played a game of pinball in over a month because it makes me sick.
Sold Joker Poker and Twilight Zone, because if I'm not playing, what's the point in owning them?
Quitting my local leagues because pinball isn't fun anymore.
Wish I hadn't booked trips to NYCPC and Pinburgh, because now I don't even want to go but can't back out for fear of letting down my travel buddies.
Still thinking about selling my other 5 games.
The joys of buying NIB Stern! So much fun!

Wow that’s terrible. I sold all my games. Decided to pay extra on mortgage and lay low. 2020 global recession will be fun. US auto sales are way down, there just not telling you yet that sh$t is about to hit the fan.

#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You’ve been saying that for years. One of these years you will be right and get to say.....see i told you guys but you wouldn't listen!

Exactly. Rofl.

4 years later
#14284 6 months ago

These dang spoon switches. Terrible. Hopefully they stay where they are now.

#14294 6 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I feel you, bruh'! The Stern spoon switches are trash. They twist and twisting is NOT what they should do. The shank of the switch is super cheap/flimsy so it twists. For the switch to open in response to the movement of the actuator, it needs to twist as little as possible. WMS pops switches have a copper tang where Stern's have a stainless tang. I have spent a LOT of time getting those switches to work right on my pin. You have to gap them perfectly and you have to apply Lock-Tight to the threads of the Newton ball stud to prevent the actuator from backing off of there. Even a half turn of movement will disturb your gap! You also have to bend as necessary the switch's bracket to center the spoon over the tip of the actuator. That's important!

Ok I’ll take note. Unreal. I’ve had my playfield open five times adjusting so far. Quality.

#14302 6 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Iron Maiden is by far the pin that I have to tinker with the most out of all my other modern sterns. It’s crazy the amount of time I’ve put into getting it playing right.
- Countless times adjusting the sarcophagus newton ball
- replacing the switch in the upper ball trough to an MRS switch.
- Adjusting the shooter rod and ball launch guide rail for proper manual plunges
- Messing with the auto plunge for days to get it to be consistent with launching the ball. Eventually after lots of trial and error with the forks AND replacing the coil with a more powerful one it’s 99% perfect and predictable.
This is all with a most recent build. They have had years to fix this stuff and just don’t care apparently.

Yup just isn’t worth any nib pricing from them right now. If you don’t mine losing 1k plus then go nib.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=Multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.