(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,839 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8912 2 years ago

-Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix-

On Mezel Mods, someone mentioned that the kit no longer fits the later machines as intended, has there been a resolution by Stern for this issue?

#8913 2 years ago

Also, does anyone know if this auto plunge problem will be addressed by Stern on their re release?

#8915 2 years ago

Months of adjustments?
So I'm gathering this issue can be different on every machine? Sounds like a lot of experimenting to get right? I'm considering getting in on next release.

#8948 2 years ago

Anyone have either one of these alternate translites with the pro? If so, which one matches better?

https://picclick.com/Iron-Maiden-Pinball-Alternate-Translite-2-0ptions-to-223202689802.html

#8951 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I just purchased the blue one along with the dark blue magnetic speaker grill. Hopefully will be delivered this week.

Awesome! Please post some pics if you could be so kind!

#8953 2 years ago

That blue trim looks really nice!
I just now payed the deposit on a pro!

#8956 2 years ago

LOL! I'm already buying mods!

#8963 2 years ago

I wonder if this has anything to do with supply chain issues given the big crunch on wafer boards etc..? These prices may be inflated now for quite a while if that's the case. I noticed these boards are out of stock on several sites. $1000.00 is fucking insane!

#8965 2 years ago

Anyone recommend the 'Mezel Mods Pharaoh Plastic Protector' for the back plate? Or is this unnecessary? See link below...

https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-pharaoh-plastic-protector?variant=12353715241057

#8969 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I put one one my game day one (2.5yrs now). For the price i figured "why not? Better safe than sorry".
I figured if it ever did crack, that would be better than the Pharoah cracking. Its still perfectly fine. Having said that, i dont know of a single case of a cracked Pharoah in the first place. I think the protector was $10usd though so why not?

So it looks OK then?

#8973 2 years ago

Iron Maiden Pinball - Full Production at Factory (April 2018)

#9002 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I have an extra one of you have not ordered yet.

No I haven't ordered yet..

#9005 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

If you want PM me and I’ll help you out.
I went with a colored one.
I went with the
[quoted image]

Thanks, but I never use colored plastics.

1 week later
#9039 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That's why digital pinball will never be fun. Sometimes a real ball rips you off. Sometimes you get a Lazarus. All part of the magic that makes you laugh, cry, and spit-swear.

Yup, it's best for learning the rules. With the exception of the modern Sterns, I can literally get a VPX table of every game at our league venue.

#9055 2 years ago
Quoted from acefreemok:

Where do we think the price of Iron Maiden pinballs will go moving forward? I've been given an opportunity to buy one BNIB.

Up. Stern has been raising the price about a 100 USD every year.

#9057 2 years ago

Yup. Until people start voting with their wallets, prices will not stop rising and quality will not improve. Also, non stop printing of money will just continue devaluing our currency. And covid is again on the rise! Take that how you wish..

1 week later
#9085 2 years ago

Got a refund on my Cointaker deposit because a friend of mine decided to sell his pro. Nicely modded and pristine 2018 build. He even threw in a sub woofer! Been enjoying it for last couple days! Awesome game and exactly what I wanted. You can have fantastic short games on this pin without having to go through a bunch of linear objectives first. I have other games like that, so this was a perfect addition!
Also, the music is perfect for the pin and I was never a Maiden fan before either.

#9089 2 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Nice! Glad to hear this.
I just put my deposit down on a pro that's expected to ship at the end of August. Super excited to join the club with my first NIB. This will bankrupt me.

This is best pin to buy for your first NIB IMO!! It will hold it's value and be easy to sell in future. Just take good care of it. It's also DONE!! No waiting and wondering about code updates and fixes! Welcome to the addiction!

#9096 2 years ago

Ya, get ready for in game purchases.

#9099 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

As long as they don't start charging for code updates.

Nothing would surprise me in corporate America!

#9103 2 years ago
Quoted from bruinfan:

They need to ship with 1.0 code before they can start thinking about charging for updates.

They don't now so WTF? They can also raise prices while simultaneously lowering quality, and that includes less complete code at time of sale. This is ripe for abuse! Where would you draw the line for 1.0 code? All my Sterns have code beyond 1.0 and I didn't pay extra for it!
The only thing I can think of that would be justifiable would be something like an online service for tournament play etc. or service diagnostics beyond warranty, because that's entirely optional and aside from the actual game you just payed for.

#9111 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

once I start talking rules to them they seem to get aggravated.

That's true as hell!

#9126 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

When I do these trips to pick up pins I don't even stop the pee before setting up.....

LOL! I wish I could get that anxious again! But at my age, nothing makes you that anxious.

1 week later
#9156 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

What are the chances that one of the wizard modes becomes available as a mini game at the start?

Good one!

1 month later
#9561 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Did it, tested it, seems to work like it should now. Doesn’t look bad to me.
[quoted image]

I had to do this on my left Hobbit habitrail in 4 places. The ball was literally hitting all four cross braces! It solved the problem of ball jumping off the habitrail. I polished those habitrail grind spots with a Dremel polishing compound and you can barely even notice.

2 weeks later
#9714 2 years ago

Iron Maiden is definitely a long playing multiball intensive game! I find I can only walk up to it and play a couple really good games before I'm ready to move to another pin. My Hobbit is like that too. I recently bought a Bram Stoker's Dracula and find it to be a game that makes me want to keep playing over and over, because you can set up the multiball stacks really quick and then go for the gigantic scoring. This is exhilarating! If you hit the shots right, you can have an awesome game experience in a few minutes! The multi player games have fast cycles so it's great for that. Yet, this is a difficult players game. Iron Maiden is a game I would not want to play more than two players if they are good players because you'd be waiting too long! Maiden is an awesome game, but I only want one game like this in my collection. So in short, difficulty for me lies in the stamina required to to get to a huge score.

#9716 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Funny you say that this is the only game I know inside and out .My kids won’t play with me anymore I have to go solo on it

Yup, you out endurance them plus they get bored waiting!

5 months later
#11159 2 years ago

For me Maiden has the best call outs, animations (attitude). And is most approachable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=Mr_Outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.