(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9454 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Left the club today...just time to move on.
[quoted image]

I joined the club yesterday!! Looks familiar.

EBF11457-6145-408E-9B12-7615D61EB306 (resized).jpegEBF11457-6145-408E-9B12-7615D61EB306 (resized).jpeg
#9523 2 years ago

I’m sorry I’m new to this club and haven’t had the time to read through this entire thread, but has anyone had an issue with the ball hitting the end of the ramp, where it drops to the in lane, and bouncing off the ramp. When it bounces off it’s 50/50 if it drops in the outlane or in front of the slings. Any fix for this?

#9526 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Mine had a nasty burr on one of the welds near the wireform exit that made a fast ball hop off. I just ground it down with a dremel, and it's been perfect since. I have had other machines where the wireform needed to be bent a little to keep the ball from flying off. It's a somewhat common problem, but can usually be fixed with a little tweaking.

Thanks, I’ll look into that and see if that works. It happens much more on the left ramp than it does the right ramp, but can be frustrating when it drains right from the ramp.

#9549 2 years ago

After looking the ramp over I’ve noticed that the last horizontal support, which attaches the ramp to the sling post is welded up into the path of the ball. The ball will hit the top of the horizontal piece seen at the orange arrow. The yellow circle shows how much higher the horizontal is welded vs the blue circle which shows the horizontal under the main wire form like it should be.

Have I outlined this properly so that it makes sense? Is this how it is on other machines? The ball does hit this horizontal piece on the right ramp but a lot less which is why I get far less balls falling off the right ramp. It appears I will have to dremel down the middle of the wire form so the ball clears this section. Any thoughts?

302B4DF6-8D49-4A83-8A0F-1A3C17163007 (resized).jpeg302B4DF6-8D49-4A83-8A0F-1A3C17163007 (resized).jpeg8FE5CC7E-C1E4-499F-8C9F-31AED3CBDFCF (resized).jpeg8FE5CC7E-C1E4-499F-8C9F-31AED3CBDFCF (resized).jpeg

#9551 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Monk Here is what mine looks like, the bar goes all the way across and protrudes the other side and does not make contact with the ball as it passes over… I’d be a bit put off, that would be really hard to bend and more than likely would break the weld. I’d at least put an email into stern if it’s a NIB pin.
[quoted image]

Bugger. That’s what I thought. Unfortunately it is a used pin and built in 2018. Hmm, now I have to figure out how I want to fix this. I could try to come up with a cover over the end to hold the ball down but I think that would look awful. I think I’m just going to dremel down the bar so the ball clears it.

#9552 2 years ago

Did it, tested it, seems to work like it should now. Doesn’t look bad to me.

405EABFF-6E89-4AA1-83D2-27D2EDCA3575 (resized).jpeg405EABFF-6E89-4AA1-83D2-27D2EDCA3575 (resized).jpeg
#9558 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I posted a number of pages ago about this. The gent's (who was having a similar problem) welds seemed to be a lot higher up in the wire form than mine. I snapped a picture showing the difference between his and mine. Very noticeable, his being a lot higher. About the same as others posted recently.
Edit: Look at post 8790

Thank you for bringing that conversation to my attention, there’s a lot of good information there. I don’t think there was anyway I could have bent that support enough to get the ball clear of it. It was just up in the path too far. It might work on the right ramp though as the ball just barely touches on that side. Again, thanks for the info.

4 weeks later
#9840 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I got my NIB premium today and have a few questions.
#1 - bottom of my playfield has "display game" branded on it. Game seems fine and was definetly not played before as there werent any dimples. Just wondering what thats all about
#2 - the plunge. Using the shooter rod the plunge isnt able to make that awesome loop 90% of the time. Ive changed springs and adjusted the position. The Auto plunge makes it EVERY time and its cool. Anyone else have that issue?
Besides that the game is Fing awesome. The layout is so darn cool. Before today ive only had about 2 games on a Pro at a show.

I had to change my spring to the red/stiffest spring in order for the ball to make the loop. It is difficult to get a soft enough plunge to make the super skill shot at the super jackpot, but it is possible. Using the spring that came with the game, I could not get enough power to make the loop at all.

I guess I should ask what color spring is stock in this game?

#9852 2 years ago

Changing my spring to red made a huge difference.

That being said it helped with getting around the loop when it enters the loop. I still get a lot off rejects of the post when I do a softer plunge. I need to continue to tweak mine. It seems to change periodically from working great on manual plunge then rarely. The auto seems to work much more consistently.

#9855 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

where u order springs from? Pinball life?

https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-inner-spring-red.html

Read the description below as it tells you what color spring is associated with what tension. You may want to use a different color as I think mine is overkill. It was just the color I had on hand.

They are fairly cheap, I'd probably get multiple colors and quantities.

#9858 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I found those springs and the ones for coin buttons at my true value store.

Interesting. I wonder what other applications they are used for.

2 weeks later
#10081 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Tilt Bob wire is not centered. Any info on correcting that

I just bend the mounting bracket until I like where it is.

#10178 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Update to game code:
V1.10.0 - November 18th, 2021
=============================
- Insider Connected - achievements added. see achievement list on https://insider.sternpinball.com
- Can I Play With Madness - mode has now been added to the game if you are connected to Stern IC
- Attract - updated Legacy of the Beast tour dates for 2022
- Adjustment Changes:
- added "MADNESS MODE ENABLED"
- added "MADNESS BALL SAVE TIME"
- added "MADNESS BALL LOCK TIME"
- added "MADNESS EXTRA BALL STAGE"
- System - Updated to V2.97.0 on OS: V2.4.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.80.0
- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD display.
- Added adjustments for Login and Play Again display timers:
AD_NET_LOGIN_TIMER - "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" default 30 sec
AD_NET_PLAY_AGAIN_TIMER - "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" default 20 sec
- GAME RESTART (hold start button) behavior change:
Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will follow the
logic of the AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR adjustment.
If (AD_GAME_RESTART == YES) and (AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR == ADV_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR_ALL_LOGGED_IN)
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accomodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the the game will not be restarted.
- Address Insider Connected game registration corner cases.
- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a screen
will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will be displayed
for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter button. This replaces
the dots display previous shown at power on after an update.
- Login changes:
* When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
* When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
* When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
- Connectivity support for Spike 2 games.
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was added in
system 2.45 and is not included for display.
- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if it's even worth updating if I don't have a connected machine.

#10240 2 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Got a NIB Pro Tuesday and currently loving it.
Not sure if it's functioning correctly though.
When lock is lit on the orbits and I shoot the ball up the left orbit it doesn't always catch the ball with the right up post. Is this normal or is there a problem.
Spinner appears to function correctly and so does the post, when running in test.
Also when starting an Eddie battle sometimes the ball exits our via the right orbit instead of coming to rest on the left up post. Game is level and set at about 6.8.
Metal plate factory fitted at rear of ramp curling up already.
Any help appreciated [quoted image]

Both of these things happen on occasion to me. The ball lock issue happens very rarely like it didn’t catch it in time with everything else going on.

As far as the ball not going to the left orbit post when hitting the center ramp, that happens as well on mine. About 1 out of 5 will come down the right orbit or the left loop even.

2 months later
#10964 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Lunch break and had time to take off the glass.... Think I found the culprit. It's hitting the top of that screw post as I manually run the ball, giving it a subtle kick upwards. Will see if I can file that down
[quoted image]

Also, if it’s hitting that spot you may not have the correct washer where the ramp attaches to/above the slingshot. It’s easy for this to fall off when removing the plastic in this area.

#10966 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Yeah, I'm seeing that there's only one washer on the right, compared to the two on the left

I bought mine used and noticed the same thing. I found the washer in the cabinet.

1 week later
#11030 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Finally looked closely to the shooter rod and what felt like weak hits to the ball was mostly due to off centered rod. The tip hits it to the side significantly enough where it makes pretty bad contact. Going to mess with adjusting that later in the week when I get time.

This is also what happens to mine. I’ve tried to move the rod over as well as slide the playfield to line it up. It works well, but every once in a while I’ll look down and it’s off center again. Let me know if you find a good way to adjust this.

#11043 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Those who have sloppy auto plungers, have you looked into replacing the bushings? This fixed my ST.
[quoted image]

Mine isn’t sloppy, just seems a little off and I mean just a little bit. It can be just enough to make the ball rattle at launch which is what slows it down around the loop and why I don’t have any autolaunch problems.

1 week later
#11081 2 years ago

I think it is pretty cool and look forward to seeing how it works. As others have said, it's not for me, but I think it's a great thought. I have a hard time hitting that shot with any speed, so I think the ramp would frustrate me.

#11086 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Thanks for the photo and this is what I expected. I'll take a look this afternoon and see what could possibly be causing this.

You most likely just need to bend the bracket down a little bit. Should be and easy fix. I'm not sure why a ball would get stuck on the spinner though, it doesn't look that out of whack.

#11094 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Are you planning on selling these by any chance? Looks pretty fun!

The fact it’s reversible is very intriguing.

1 month later
#11304 2 years ago

I email Cliff a month or 2 ago about purchasing only the carbon fiber protector and it was not problem at all. I don't remember the price off hand, but it was reasonable and as always, Cliff was great with his customer service.

2 weeks later
#11436 1 year ago
Quoted from ZioShu:

I was wandering how to deal with this and got few questions i would like to submit to you:
do you think the ironing fix could be still an option here?

Yes the ironing fix should work as long as there are no chips already. Make sure to take your time and let it cool down. Do not keep the iron on the playfield to long.

Quoted from ZioShu:

Is there a chance to receive a new PF, working between the original owner and his distro/Stern?

No. I think there is no way you would get a new PF. I could be wrong, but I would say there is zero chance this happens.

Quoted from ZioShu:

In the worst case, where should i check in order to buy a new PF to swap eventually?

I don't know the extent of the damage you have on your playfield, but I would not recommend this option either. It sounds like you have very little issues in general with the playfield, I would just play the machine and not worry to much about it. Try one of the fixes mentioned for the pooling, put down some mylar under the posts and play the heck out of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Wanted

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=Monk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.