(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1631 5 years ago

Technically IN the club..premium ordered and the wait begins

#1749 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Thanks Mike. I always put them between the head and the body of the machine... not where the glass slides up. I'll have to try that to see if it works better for me.

I have them on all of my machines (where the glass slides up) and it makes a big difference.

1 week later
#1893 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

My custom cards for everybody here!!! Go on...I know ya'll want them

Get your machine out of the bloody box first

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from gearhead:

This is what I'm working on for a translite. Kind of a mashup of album covers and posters. Still kinda keeps with the Egyptian vibe

Not too bad but i think the "Number of the beast" figure out of all of them just doesn't sit well on that colour background. I realise it's still a work in progress though but that figure alone looks like it's been cut out of the album cover literally and glued on. It's probably just the contrast between the red and the background sand/yellow colour that makes it stand out strangely for my eyes.

#2021 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep this game has been a real eye opener for alot of people including me. It shows you what a pinball machine can and should be.

Making me hang out for my coming Premium even more now about 6 weeks to go

#2044 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

$2 converter to take 12v down to 6.3v

Got a link for these particular boards?

1 week later
#2115 5 years ago

Seems like i chose the best machine for my first and possibly only NIB judging by previous posts......4 weeks or so to wait and then Yeeeehaaawww

#2117 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You did, great choice for sure! Congrats and make sure you let us know how you like it after you get it! Which model did you get?

Premium

2 weeks later
#2311 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Thanks for that. Just ordered books 1-5

I did too, went with 2 sets cause i couldn't make my mind up So a set of A covers and a set of C covers....some of the B's were bloody ordinary.

1 month later
#2602 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I know it is not cool to say you like Maidens music but F it - I think the music is good for pinball playing.

Why not cool?? it's not like we are talking Nickelback here

#2620 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Not cool to like Maidens music...

You all do know they are one of the biggest bands in the WHOLE WORLD right...
And they did that without RADIO AIRPLAY!!!
I cannot stress how amazing of an achievement that is... Yes Metallica is a bit bigger than them... But, only really in the us market.
And Maiden never sold out, and Maiden never got airplay. Since black albumMetallica has been all over the airwaves.
If Maiden got half the airplay of the other popular bands Maiden would be even bigger.

But, its fine that people don't like Maiden. Just means the concerts will be less crowded... Oh wait, they've been on Arena tours in the states for the last 8 years or so, and selling em out...
I kinda wish they were back to the Rivera and Aragon Ballroom days. Something about a club show that has a bit more energy to it... Still I saw them once at Allstate Arena, and twice at tinley park. Big venues and big shows, but always a great show.

But, yes... People on pinside do like to try to bash Maiden, But, its old hat by now. Nothing I didn't hear in highschool. And you know what.. .Doesn't matter. Maiden kicks ass.

I think you misread my post. I've been a fan of Maiden since before Bruce joined the band. The IRONS ROCK!!! and if people don't like them like i do i really don't care. I'm going to see Bruce do his speaking tour in a few weeks in support of his recent autobiography (which is an awesome read i must add). On an aside i like Nickelback too but their more recent albums aren't as good as their earlier work

1 week later
#2684 5 years ago

My fav is Isle of Man Eddie

Fan art 10 md (resized).jpgFan art 10 md (resized).jpg

#2685 5 years ago

New T-Shirt OCH The Irons

DSC03859 (resized).JPGDSC03859 (resized).JPG
#2693 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Still not a good player though.. Not yet.

Just don't forget to have FUN along the way To me that's the most important part of the hobby, achieving high scores are great, comparing these scores against others is just part of human nature to be competitive. I personally just love getting on Maiden and smacking the balls around head banging (as much as possible without losing sight of the PF ) to the music, sometimes the scores come without even trying. I guess my point is that it's really easy to forget the journey when you're solely focused on a goal.

#2709 5 years ago

Maybe i'm weird but i'm happy with the sound from my Premium, it's far better than any of my other machines and a couple of those have FF set's on them

3 weeks later
#2862 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also don’t buy button protector guard rails, get the clear button protector guards if your worried about it.

The amount of artwork hidden by Lollipop rails is minor really and certainly not any of the main art. I'd prefer the rails over stick on guards that could quite likely damage the cab decal later on if or when needed to be removed

#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Finally got to Can I Play with Madness! What a cool mode--hope it doesn't take me another 5 months to get back! It most likely will...

I did too last night, no bloody idea how i did it but it was very cool

#2939 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Looking for opinions on lighted flipper buttons on the premium. I'm trying to decide on what color might complement the game best before PinballLife order.

I went with orange for my premium, plus changed the rails.

DSC03909 (resized).JPGDSC03909 (resized).JPG
#2941 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But that T-molding...ugh. Gotsta go with the light blue to class it up!

On the head? i was actually thinking about maybe going chrome. The guy who runs Pinballplating over your side of the pond offers Lollipop rails in chrome and also the back box brackets but i don't think he does the lock down bars for these later Sterns. Otherwise i would have gone for the full chrome look

#2943 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So did you replace with chrome armor already

Nahhh i haven't but sure thought about doing it. Not being able to match with a chrome lock down bar put me off, using the standard black powder coated bar with chrome rails would look out of place. I kinda disagree about one colour too many although i understand where you are coming from with that thought. I think chrome works well on most machines as a neutrality between any colour cab decals and the play field art/translite art. For example : Fish Tales has a lot of orange/red on the cab but looks fantastic with some nice new chrome armor and lock down bar and brackets, especially the one i spotted that had matching chrome back box trim. The combo works with most B/W games to be honest. I'm just not a huge fan of powder coating everything but i must admit that some colours do match up very well on certain machines.

2 weeks later
#3075 5 years ago

This has most likely already been mentioned but at the end of my first game this evening i spotted a cool little animation of a figure walking through a forest being ghosted by Eddie (Eddie may have been the one in front?, didn't spot it right from the start) Now i thought it was because i had both flipper buttons pressed in at the time but i haven't been able to recreate it again. Anyone know the "secret"?

#3077 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There are two animations for Fear of the dark. The one you seen doesnt come up very often but you can change it in the settings to where it will play like 25% of the time i believe.

The guy walking and being chased is Keith Elwin. He speeds up if you nail the spinner. Its an awesome animation and i wish it played it 100% of the time.

COOL!!, for some reason i thought it was after the end of game sequence.....well, before the Match animation anyway but it musn't have been.

#3125 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I like the stern lollipop rails for this... anyone got pics of some installed?

DSC03909 (resized).JPGDSC03909 (resized).JPG
#3156 5 years ago

Added some mods in the past few days. I used a pico size rgb LED for the Clairvoyant globe and very fine wiring (normally used for Lego LED lighting). I did consider drilling the arm to hide the wires but there really isn't much room for error to do that so didn't try and risk it. If i can find a good colour match i'm intending to blend the wire into the blue of her cape at the back. I fully intended the globe to be lit all the time and not connected to the globe underneath, the RGB colour sequence wouldn't match anyway. Piece of mind Eddie isn't exactly where i wanted him but he was never going to fit where the original was, just too tall. I'll most likely adjust where the chains attach also as i have some small eye bolts coming which should look far neater.

Unfortunately my camera washed out the colours on the globe but you can spot the colour changes on the Clairvoyants face and upper torso. These pico leds are damn bright for their size!

DSC03942 (resized).JPGDSC03942 (resized).JPGDSC03943 (resized).JPGDSC03943 (resized).JPGDSC03944 (resized).JPGDSC03944 (resized).JPGDSC03948 (resized).JPGDSC03948 (resized).JPGDSC03947 (resized).JPGDSC03947 (resized).JPG

#3176 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

That...actually is really good. Wait, did you add lights to the piece of mind eddie's eyes?

YEP although it's only 1 red LED not 2. The eye holes were drilled from the front to a center point in the back of the head with a smaller bit and then part drilled with a larger bit from the back to expand the hole enough to fit the LED. These figures are a weird consistency inside, more like rubber rather than the plastic i was expecting.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you can get that orb to light up only when Orb or Power jackpot are lit, it would be dope!

I thought about that but i only wanted to use 1 small LED for the colour change and to make the LED + Wiring as unobtrusive as possible. The colour change sequence in the led would never match the orb colour changes although yeah it would turn on at the same time. I still prefer to have it lit all the time, same with Eddie's eyes

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How did you fix the clairvoyant to the plastic?

I used the same double sided tape that is used to attach side rails on machines, the figure is light and i didn't want to drill holes in the plastic. It's been rock solid so far and i haven't noticed any movement whilst nudging in play.

Quoted from dts:

Looks good! I tried that and found the effect is incredible if you sync it to the color dome underneath. Make a wiring harness for each color with .062 pin molex connectors, and then get each color individually in a nano or chip, R G B. I replaced the plastic bead, which is around 8mm, with a larger agate 12mm bead and the effect is phenomenal. I’m still experimenting with a single RGB chip like the one under the plastic, so this was my test subject. Syncing the colors makes gameplay much clearer and the target more fun. It’s also beautiful.

I hear what you are saying but i wanted to keep the whole figure as "neat" as possible. IMO i don't think it's necessary to game play to have the Clairvoyant globe match the orb underneath, personal choice

#3177 5 years ago

Just for reference here's a pic of the LED used in the Clairvoyant globe with a regular sized match for scale. The LED is inserted into the globe about halfway (facing forwards) with a small drop of superglue applied to the wires at the edge to keep it in place.

DSC03949 (resized).JPGDSC03949 (resized).JPG
#3182 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That’s actually a situation where connecting the slow color changing RGB pico LED could look really cool if connected to the flasher or perhaps general illumination with alligator clips like mancave above. Lighthouse LEDs (see link) has great slow color changing and fast. But with the Pre or LE, I think it is worth the effort to sync the colors.

In my experience i've found that RGB LED's only work with a constant DC current, any fluctuation will cause the colour sequence to continually reset to the first colour in the chain (usually red) I'm not positive about this but i think a flasher circuit wouldn't be successful with an RGB. My Clairvoyant mod, Eddie eyes and my LED flipper buttons all run off 12V sourced from the bill validator connector behind the coin door (with a resistor added on the power wire of each of course) I also add small red RC connectors to any of my mods so the mods are easily removable wherever possible.

#3271 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I'm not finding the pico slow changing RGB on lighthouseleds….did you get them somewhere else? I see the pico single color leds, and 3mm round top LEDs that I'll use for the spitfire guns, but not the RGB pico

Nahhh i found them on Ebay, supposedly a US seller but shipped from China they still turned up fairly quickly though.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-60Pcs-9-12V-Pre-Wired-0402-0603-0805-1206-SMD-LED-Diodes-Chip-Warm-White-Red/123087564991?hash=item1ca89730bf:m:m7Xt0NgNkGSXI3rYn8XIBmg:rk:pf:0

Disregard the headphone emoji, link still works, just so happens that part of the link corresponded with the bloody emoji
Choose led type 0805, the smaller types aren't available in RGB and also 9-12V prewired, the rest of the choices are obvious.
I will add that i joined the wiring from another LED (cut off between the LED head and the resistor) so that the resistor attached was underneath the playfield. I'm a bit anal about trying to keep the wiring on mods as unseen and neat as i possibly can.

#3326 5 years ago

Loneliness of the short distance flipper is great too

#3328 5 years ago

My best game ever the other night, finally cracked into the billion club. On a side note, anyone heard any rumours about an update to the code? Seems a lot of Stern pins are receiving late year code love at the moment.

DSC03950 (resized).JPGDSC03950 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#3473 5 years ago

It would be awesome to have a topper that's like the Stern one as far as overall looks go BUT have a 3D Eddie head inside the cockpit that moves side to side like the "reworked" Dalek head topper. That would look so cool I do agree though, suits the LE version alone.

#3484 5 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

This game haunts me right now..
I really want to get a Premium, but then another game have to leave the collection

I have an AFM LE, Metallica Pro and a Monsterbash LE on the way.
Only have room for 3 games.

Leaning to sell AFM, but it is an awesome game

Just make space for a 4th machine

2 weeks later
#3705 5 years ago

New code and best score ever so far, finally got to 2 minutes to midnight mode also BUT duffed it not long after

DSC03967 (resized).JPGDSC03967 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#3802 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Wierd thing.... my flippers work fine, but my top right one has a wierd clunk sound after the flipper sound. Havent opened it up yet but figured id ask if any1 else has heard of this?

Yeah my top right flipper has made the clunk sound straight out of the box, always on the release of the flipper too. I haven't had the chance to open the hood lately to suss it out but have been meaning to.

1 week later
#3902 5 years ago

Errrmmm can we get back to talking about our Iron Maiden pinnies? I don't give a rats scrotum about the LOTR machine, partly cause i don't own one and mostly cause this is the WRONG club thread

1 week later
#3930 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I am sure you didn't mean anything by it but I wouldn't say he's a freak. He is just one hell of a pinball player

I think you will find that was said and meant in the Aussie vernacular! Not meant as a put down in the slightest, more a compliment!

#3984 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Finally got Eddie straightened out. Forgot whose post the idea came from but thanks! It’s the only mod my sons immediately saw and screamed “Badass!”

Could have been me Before i even added my Neca figure to the machine i was thinking...... "Ohhhh yeahhh that will work"

2 weeks later
#4079 5 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

but I liked it so much I think i'm just going to get a new one.. at all costs. Because life owes me

You won't regret it, TOP game

1 month later
#4395 5 years ago

Anyone got the Pinball Life real knocker kit on their machine and know what the setting needs to be changed to? I seem to have misplaced the instruction sheet that came with the kit and the last time the pin was updated the setting reverted back to normal Geez i hate that digital screech, bloody shocking

#4403 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I don't have it in-front of me, but it's the I believe it's the coin door accessory setting, set to ticket dispenser? It's definitely something set to the ticket dispenser setting..

I believe you can use the knocker test after you've set it, and it will fire your real knocker.

Found it and pretty close Adjustment 51 in standard adjustments. Coin meter > Knocker > Ticket Dispenser, set it to knocker and done. Cheers

#4405 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Yes, that's the one. I reset mine by memory when I did the last update, I wonder if I have mine set wrong now...

I didn't even realise mine had stopped working, maybe i need to stop having bourbon whilst playing
I saw it match just recently and no delightful crack so that sussed me onto it
All good now

#4431 5 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Tried to represent some classics that lots of folks will recognize, so a track each from Super Mario World, Sonic 2, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Red/Blue, Final Fantasy VI. My niece is a big Undertale fan, so there's a cover of Megalovania. The rest are from Persona 5, which is a pretty niche (and modern) game but the music is fantastic and the battle themes lend themselves well to pinball.

The full tracklist is on my other computer, but if there's interest I'm happy to include the specific covers I used.

Each to their own....BUT WTF??
I can't for the life of me imagine playing Maiden without hearing Maiden tunes!!
Would you buy a Beatles pin and use Eminem C-Rap?
I don't mean to start a tunes fight in this thread honest, just seems weird that someone would buy an Iron Maiden machine specifically and want to change all the music, makes no sense to me.

#4476 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Perhaps someone that does not live in California would order a strip of this stuff for $11.00 and see if it really works as advertised

At 4mm thick wouldn't that be a fairly tight fit between the cab side and the PF? Possibly tear/knock it off whenever you lift up to do some service? I like the idea though

#4480 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I was just thinking maybe a small piece could be put just below where the upper right flipper mech hangs down when playfield is at rest and maybe that would be enough to dampen most of the thumping sound.
It may even work on the very bottom of the cabinet side or even just laying in the bottom.
I may try it out sometime just for fun.

Been a little while since i've had the hood up on my machine so i can't visually recall the gap but is it possible to attach a small piece to the back of the mech bracket itself?

#4482 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I considered that possibility as well.
Certainly worth looking into.
Can’t hurt anything.

Ordered this >> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DYNAMAT-XTREME-SPEAKER-KIT-SHEET-PACK-10415-SOUND-DEADENING-CAR-BODY-DOOR-10/400835417349?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Very similar to what you linked but only about 1.1mm thick. Should have it tomorrow so when i get the chance later in the day i'll add a piece to the back of the mech (perhaps double up on it) and report back. Hopefully it will make a significant difference

#4493 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

if this ends up dampening the upper right flipper sound, would you mind posting a pic showing where you attached the deadening sheet?

I used a piece big enough to just wrap around the side edges of the mech bracket and slightly larger top to bottom so i could it fold over the top (which is clearing the flipper pawl despite how it looks in the pic) I then added a 2nd piece exactly the width of the bracket but folded about a 15mm length underneath.
Short answer.... it's made a difference. I would guesstimate a reduction in noise by about 20-25% although it's still noticeable. Having said that my focus would have been directly on the flipper noise alone so that accentuates it in your head if that makes sense and quite possibly was a better result than i realise. This particular product i used has a SUPER sticky backing so adding some to the cab side in my opinion is not an option, removing it later down the track would most definitely take some paint off!!
If anyone plans on doing something similar, i would just say don't expect to completely cut the noise out, i don't think that will be possible to accomplish.
After a few test games my thoughts were that it's definitely "taken the edge off" and perhaps changed the tone to less of a wood knocking sound <<<< most likely the crappest description on Pinside but that's the first thing that came to mind
DSC04143 (resized).JPGDSC04143 (resized).JPGDSC04144 (resized).JPGDSC04144 (resized).JPG

#4502 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks for posting the results and photos

Quoted from JMK:

Thanks for posting the pics. I don't have the same product on hand but will give this a shot as well with something similar or deadening foam.

No worries at all I've been thinking about this today at work and whether there's a better way to go about this. One idea i was toying with was to create a "barrier", probably out of thin acrylic sheet (say 2mm) that could screw onto the bottom of the PF, perhaps using the existing rail screws to attach it with. This would sit parallel with the edge of the PF but not flush with the edge, so basically as close to the mech as physically possible and then use the Dynamat sound deadening on both sides of the acrylic sheet. I would make the acrylic sheet perhaps 30cm long (depends where the rail screws are situated) so it may be much more effective having that larger surface area to block the sound. As mentioned before i'm not keen to attach a piece of the Dynamat to the cab sides cause i'm damn sure it would wreck the paint if removed. Ideas???

3 weeks later
#4679 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

What two Maiden songs would you ask for?

Holy Smoke!
Bring your daughter to the slaughter!

3 weeks later
#4815 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

In the club

Congrats on the Pro with a Premium translite? awesome game Left handed drinker??

#4859 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Are there any people here who found theirs was easy to set up and play and does not require constant adjustment?

Also are people happy with the quality of these games? or are there some issues like in previous recent releases such as ghosting inserts and other playfield and build quality issues?

I have just sold the pin that is going to fund my next purchase, still unsure on IM I really don't want to buy into trouble and headaches.

I haven't had any issues with my Premium as far as either Newton balls or the Sarcophagus lock are concerned nor have i had much issue with the auto ball launch, still works at least 90% of the time which i think is in acceptable parameters. I've had more failures with the manual ball launch, as far as not making it around the loop but after a bit of adjustment and putting on my own Eddie head shooter rod that's much better. Perhaps i haven't put in as many games, in 9 months since purchase like some of the guys in the club (last time i looked it was 575 games) but certainly haven't noticed any playfield issues so far. This is my first NIB Stern so definitely can't comment on past build quality or comparisons but so far the machine has been solid. Mine, like a lot of the Aussie delivered machines, weren't first machines off the rank as far as i'm aware and already had the wing type leg bolt mounts inside and also had the pointed newton ball shaft already in it. I LOVE the game, just so much fun to play + i LOVE Iron Maiden songs so that's a double bonus in my book

1 week later
#4935 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I’ve found with many years of playing , once you have learn the shot it comes easy every time ... it’s probably me , who knows , but squeezing thru those bumpers seems like luck to me , not skill

Must admit i found it hard when i first got my machine but over time it's gotten "easier" Sometimes you can gauge the shot by watching where the ball is on the right flipper before activating. I would call backhand shots, left flipper-left ramp, right flipper-right ramp more in the the luck category though

1 week later
#5004 4 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

What your opinion, do you like it

I'll be honest, it's not blowing my hair back...... having said that it absolutely doesn't matter what i or anyone else thinks of the colour, main thing is that YOU like it I'm wondering if the colour differences between the photos is more the camera and the angles the shots are taken from which is directly due to where the light is coming from in relation to the camera itself. I take photos of a lot of my Cymbidium Orchids (yeah go figure, the metal loving pinny head digs flowers too ) and the colours in the photos can quite often be totally different than the reality, all down to the amount/lack of light and the angle of the shot.

1 week later
#5042 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

I only had to change the auto plunge so it would make the loop, too strong and it hits the lower post on our machine.

Feature #78 set to 220 now

Although i wasn't have as much issue with the auto plunge as i had been with manual plunge this has made a big difference i must say. Anyone having issues with the auto plunge try THIS first before moving the ball guide, changing this changing that, waxing on waxing off etc etc At least you can always change the setting back to where you had it if there's no change to the problem. Worked for me and i hadn't tried any of the other suggestions that have been made in this thread

1 week later
#5081 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I got them through Pinball Life

Me too but i haven't added them as yet.

1 week later
#5179 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Anyways, the stem was off center and that top part seemed to slide around? So I centered it.
Now the right flipper no longer triggers the orb...the left one does LOL

Going off your description i would guess that your switch stack screws could perhaps be loose, usually the spoon part of the switch shouldn't move around very much at all. Different flipper same issue though

1 week later
#5278 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Mine is bubbled and wrinkled
How hard is it to remove ?
Im worried about the art coming off with it?
Not that it really matters, you can't see that spot anyway

If you get one from AMD, let me know please as may need to enquire about one myself.

2 weeks later
#5412 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone have any luck getting this installed without taking out the ball guides?

It was a little tricky to get in and took some extra patience for sure but i managed mine. I followed the same vid guide i believe.

#5414 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

How the heck did you get it under the guides that stick out and direct the ball to the hole?

They are pretty much flush to the pf.

Think i backed off the screws to the guides a little bit from memory, not all of them, just the couple that are at the back. This definitely helped but it still took me a while to pop the protector in there. This being my first NIB i was being super bloody careful not to scratch the PF with the edges of the Cliffy.

1 month later
#5610 4 years ago

Has there be any whispers for when the next code update is coming?? Seemed to be some stirring a while back but nothing happened

#5645 4 years ago
Quoted from Oxidus:

Unfortunately, Eddie is too big for the sanatorium area

He sure is!!! had to place mine in a similar area

1 week later
#5663 4 years ago

I did spot these but the design doesn't really blow what's left of my hair back. My thoughts are that despite being heavier vinyl decals, in those particularly extra heavy traffic areas the decals won't last the punishment.

#5667 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I also like the look of plian metal ramps too. Metal ramps are an upgrade over plastic ones so leave the stickers for trying to cover up plastic.

Yep, totally agree!! And it's also relevant to mention that the decals on plastic ramps are underneath the ramp for a reason

#5704 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

They go on the flipper assembly, rubber stop for the linkage.

Would that not make the flipper sit a bit higher up though? as the linkage wouldn't be going back as far as the flat bump stops?

#5724 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

some reason I know I will regret it

YUP!!!!

2 months later
#5930 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Use the the right flipper super late to “shatz” the ball all the way up the left flipper inlane and hit the target

That's the way i usually do it ...... mostly by accident

#5939 4 years ago

I do like the blue wireform but i think if i was going to go down that path i would do both the same colour, purely a personal choice of course

1 month later
#6209 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

See the “MDCCLXXVI” at the bottom?

I was wondering wtf that was all about.

#6210 4 years ago

Got a few small jobs to do
Big shout out to Michael and the guys at AMD for a no fuss response to my query about the protector and some replacement head box rubber stops, no need for pics of the offending mylar area it was just YUP!!, and posted toot sweet express post
Anyone know how to access the rubber stops for the head box? still got the busted off tabs of rubber stuck in the holes.

DSC04862 (resized).JPGDSC04862 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#6269 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Maiden down under tour canned

Yeah had tickets to this too but at least it's postponed not completely canceled, hopefully will be on again sometime later this year. I was pretty keen to see Killswitch also, never had the opportunity to see them live although i do prefer Howard as the man up front. BTW if you get into HJ's stuff check out his band Light The Torch

#6288 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I've been meaning to revisit this thread in hopes that someone came up with a good solution to this. I think I tried some target foam months ago with little no success. This sound absolutely drives me crazy. Has anyone reduced it significantly?

Post No #4493, Page 90
It did make a difference, still think about 20-25% reduction.

#6341 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I personally really like it with a shaker motor. Integration is good

I'm yet to be convinced that having a shaker motor is beneficial in the long term. I've played a few machines with them and do agree it adds to the experience but i guess i'm more concerned that over time it's going to loosen screws, vibrate parts, etc. Is there any evidence out there that suggests one way or the other from long term use?

1 month later
#6604 3 years ago

Ok, well you buggers convinced me to install a shaker motor so if the machine starts coming apart i'm posting out destruction bills to Y'all
Liking it so far although i think others comments are reasonably accurate, i feel the code needs a tweak for a bit more interaction. And yup, set on Maximal using a Pinball Life shaker.

#6609 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I have a built-in sub too, so maybe that adds to the effect.
I love the shaker rumble when the sarcophagus loads. I think there's plenty of integration. Would you want the thing going off all the time? Then it's really not that special....

True, and i do agree with that yes. A lot more constant would be overkill. It just seems to have noticeably less interaction than a mates Metallica machine? I would have expected a similar amount for Maiden.

1 month later
#6821 3 years ago
Quoted from captaindorky:

Usually, when I hit the right flipper while the left is locked up, it goes down

That's a sure sign to me that the issue is mechanical and not electrical (as in a shorted coil, etc)

1 week later
#6915 3 years ago

I think the premium option is the best middle ground and not just for the obvious reason that it's the middle choice of 3 The LE option on Sterns is more about what i would term the "wank factor" In other words it's the BLING version of premium, same PF, same game play and game play options but with added......wank. Don't shoot me i'm an Aussie that's under Corona stress and drinking too much bourbon to calm the nerves

#6917 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

One man's "wank factor" is another man's better art, mirrored back glass, powder coating, invisiglass, and shaker motor

DOOOD i've been drinking FFS don't pop off so many shots in a hurry i can only duck so many in my fragile state

#6928 3 years ago

I get ball hang ups at the drops too but i also have the Cliffy installed there which i think makes the situation worse, been thinking about removing it. Anyone else got the Cliffy there and have the same issue?

#6930 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Just to be clear...we are all talking about this

Yep that's sort of what happens with mine although sometimes the middle target is dropped and the ball sits in between the top and bottom or both top targets have dropped and sitting like that. Your bank does appear lower than mine but it could be trick of the camera and angle of the shot. But with the Cliffy installed there's a very slight height difference and the ball seems to get stuck on the back edge of it. It's getting late here so i will set up what mine does and snap a pic of it later today. With the Cliffy issue i sure have to shake or pop the machine with some force to budge the ball sometimes hence why i'm considering removing it.

1 week later
#7068 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So, don’t feel bad for making the game ENJOYABLE! After you start reaching some of these impossible modes, slowly start to make the game harder again. Enjoy!

TOTALLY agree!!! I've always felt there's a bit too much emphasis on achieving high scores at the expense of just having some good ol' fun playing the machine. I'm definitely not dissn' the people who are more score minded though Each to their own but the welcome distraction from life's daily serve of shite is what makes me happy with Maiden

#7104 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Still hoping there is resources there for a sweet code polish or 2 to reach perfection.

Agree..speaking of code!!! do i have to wait til i'm old for the long awaited update?? scratch that.. already old Old and Krusty then??

#7114 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

i was really hoping an intelligent mod-maker would find a better solution to those awful newton ball targets within the boundaries of the current installation. PLEASE?

You know, i was thinking about this recently and the only thing i could think of that "may" be feasible is an arcade joystick style arrangement rather than the stupid spoon style thingy. So basically you would have 4 micro switches arranged around the end of the newton ball shaft, set in close so they would pick up fine movement. I have no idea if this would work though, may not be sensitive enough, may not be able to be adapted to the wiring, may just be a totally stupid F*&^* idea BTW that link no worky for me

#7130 3 years ago

And I like your idea! Just needs a ‘plug n play’ approach.

Cheers!! I'm pretty sure i could come up with a bracket that would hold the micro switches in position and it would be a trial and error thing exactly where the bracket would sit. Obviously at the very end of the shaft there will be more lateral movement than in the center and would come down to the room available to do the mechanical side of it. Wiring it into the system is a little beyond my capabilities All 4 switches may not be able to be linked together to trigger the same as the existing one switch? With a joystick of course the 4 switches register separately within the system. Hoping some of the more tech minded in the club can chime in with this. @vireland?

1 month later
#7231 3 years ago

I made a set of 3D flipper toppers for my machine recently, was originally hoping to add a pharaoh Eddie but it just wouldn't have fit on the flipper within the same scale as the others Machine pics show the prototypes i started with but i have tweaked the paint jobs and the antennas on the cyber Eddie. The original antennas are fine gauge hook up wire but ended up going with fishing line that has been super glued on and also sunk into tiny holes using a 0.7mm drill bit. These were totally my own design and cast from molds i made with liquid plastic and then hand finished, painted and detailed.
I'm really happy with how they turned out!!

DSC05090 (resized).JPGDSC05090 (resized).JPGDSC05087 (resized).JPGDSC05087 (resized).JPGDSC05088 (resized).JPGDSC05088 (resized).JPGDSC05136 (resized).JPGDSC05136 (resized).JPG
#7237 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They look neat, but why didn't you go all the way to the end of the flipper?

They were made so they wouldn't overhang any part of the flipper bat, lengthwise and width wise and more to the point some protection from ball strikes. Towards the end of the topper the plastic becomes a lot thinner as they not only get narrower but are created to taper towards the tips. It's purely a decision to make them somewhat less prone to getting snapped off over time although having said that i had the original JD bats on my machine for nearly 5 years with no issues.

#7254 3 years ago

I've had a couple of requests for the flipper topper set i made and i did actually make 14 sets in total after i completed the proto types that were in the machine pics. I've got these listed on Fleabay but i would do them somewhat cheaper outside of there, the sellers fee's are BS really at 10% cut, not to mention they also take a cut from the postage price these days
Hit me up in PM if anyone is interested and i'll supply details, etc.
I sold a few already locally from a pinball FB page i'm on and currently down to 11 sets. Not sure when i will do more once these are gone as i will need to redo the molds due to a resin fark up with the originals

#7256 3 years ago

Happened all too easily. Not sure how I’m going to get that ball off now, think I need to get the metal ring off somehow. FML

snapped the shaft....like WOW!!
Should be able to just undo those 2 nuts and remove that lower plate i'm guessing but never had to change mine.

#7291 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just wondering is the ramp supposed to be off centered like this ? Where right post is in the ramp entry

Looks to be the same as my premium yup.

#7292 3 years ago

Thanks to Thomo666 for sending me pics of the flipper topper set i designed/made. The machine photos i put up in an earlier post were of the prototypes which were altered slightly during the painting phase. I started with 14 sets and i'm now down to 8 so if anyone is interested then you're welcome to PM me for details. As mentioned previously i will sell these somewhat less than they are listed on Ebay. Here's the link to the Ebay listing if anyone wants to check it out on there.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/143726444757?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

119144520_2618941825085884_4547564982030386067_n (resized).jpg119144520_2618941825085884_4547564982030386067_n (resized).jpg119578677_632379887462934_5290075809407589178_n (resized).jpg119578677_632379887462934_5290075809407589178_n (resized).jpg119631838_1435969363257508_4013675645284132168_n (resized).jpg119631838_1435969363257508_4013675645284132168_n (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7319 3 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

There have been other posts about this, though it's been awhile.

I remember someone posting about the robot Eddie's guns sagging, from memory cause they are close to a light source. I don't recall the piece of mind Eddie sagging though.

1 week later
#7376 3 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Shout out to Mancave for the awesome flipper toppers. Great price, shipped immediately, and got them from Australia faster than lots of domestic shippers. I love them. Thanks sir!

Quoted from Knackers:

He does great work, just got this shooter rod from him and couldn't be happier.

Cheers Guys. much appreciate the kind words and great to know that you dig them

#7400 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My right lightning flasher has been out .Was looking for a little help is there anything to check out before I order the part .Thanks

Could be the connection with the socket?

#7402 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I pulled n cleaned it .Connections all good I’ll just order one today .I can’t just order 1 thing lmao it always turns into a shopping spree .

Swap a known working flasher with the suspect one first, it will be the same voltage being a flasher and might save an order perhaps?

#7411 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I have to admit, growing up with music of the 70's into the 80's and seeing MTV's inception, I was never into Iron Maiden. I was familiar with them and their videos, Run to the Hills, in particular, but I never bought an album, or cassette, at that point in time. I was and still am mainly into rock, leaning a little progressive, and was into Rush, Van Halen, Def Leppard at the time. When this machine came out I pretty much blew it off as I see a lot of people did, stating the music didn't appeal to them. I played the pro at the Ann Arbor show and immediately ordered a premium based on the game itself, couldn't hear the music too well. Got and loved the premium, except for having to fix it every other day and finally sold it. Just got a pro and I think it is going to be a permanent fixture. This time around though I have really been getting into the music and can't believe I went this long without listening to Iron Maiden. I watched the Flight 666 documentary and am now a fan of the group. It's awesome to be able to just pull up and stream the next album and all the time thinking I would've really been into them as a teen and later on. I guess I'm a real life incarnation of the song Wasted Years!

You are NEVER too old to branch out your musical tastes!!
I am a co host/starter of a tunes session on a chat site that is run every Sunday evening (my time) and there are people from a few different countries that join in every week. You get the chance to hear things that you may not investigate yourself on youtube, etc and quite often i find myself thinking..."How did i not get into this before???" I must admit i've always had reasonably broad tastes in music but the past 6 years i have gone places i would never have imagined musically

#7416 3 years ago

Looks very cool but could be too brittle for a shooter rod handle in 3D printed plastic, especially the front piece. Nice job though!!

#7468 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Let me get some game testing in first to make sure it's not going to break 10 games in...but let me tell you, it really adds a ton to that part of the machine, the depth and detail blow me away...I'm honestly like "did I do that?!"

It looks very cool and doesn't come across as out of place in the scheme of the machine!! I'd be nervous about adding it to my machine as i've had some weird air balls every now and then that have hit high on the target, above it and definitely either side also. I just get the feeling the chin piece will be vulnerable but absolute kudo's for giving it a crack and trying something different. I do reckon they would turn out awesome looking painted by a skilled hand too

1 month later
#7591 3 years ago

I know it's been suggested many times to swap the yellow T- Molding to another colour on the premium but to be honest with this topper it just WORKS!!!

DSC05206 (resized).JPGDSC05206 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#7690 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

DJ Mixer will also be implemented

So what does that mean anyway?

3 weeks later
#7837 3 years ago

Locked - loaded - playing

1 week later
#8145 3 years ago

The file size was definitely only 2GB!!

2 weeks later
#8264 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Does anyone have pics of it installed?

Post #4493 on page 90.
It made some difference, perhaps 20-25% but if you're looking to totally get rid of the sound then i'm not sure that will be possible. I was going to make a flat panel to attach to the PF underneath, to go in between the outside edge of the PF and the back of the coil stop but never got around to it. The plan was to coat both sides of the panel with the same deadening material but TBH there's bugger all room and i'm not positive the results would be much better.

1 week later
#8323 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

The right upper flipper is crazy loud!

This has been brought up many times yeah and there's no definite solution to hand as yet. I did put some car sound deadening material on the back of the coil bracket which helped somewhat but not enough (Post #4493 on page 90). A recent poster mentioned that the bracket touches the slide rail and TBH i didn't think it was close enough to touch it. I just looked at the mech and with the deadening material attached it most definitely does touch the metal slide rail. I have some of the Delrin sliders coming in the post from Pinball Life which should be here within a week, hoping that might help to deaden the sound also, will report back to the thread when changed over

#8329 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So it’s not the plunger hitting the coil stop but the bracket hitting the side of the cabinet?

Plunger hitting the coil stop is normal but because the outside edge of the stop bracket is touching the metal slide rail it's 'echoing' to the cab itself..well that's the theory anyway When i spotted the Delrin slide rails at Pinball Life i thought maybe, just maybe, it would help to reduce the sound a little more. Again it's a theory but i'm guessing that metal to metal contact will transfer the sound better than metal (and in the case of my machine, wrapped in sound deadening material) to the Delrin (plastic). Either way the sliders sound a better option so not a total waste if the results are bugger all. I will shoot a before and after vid with the camera in the same spot to see if that will pick up any obvious sound difference.

1 month later
#8500 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Cliffy on the drop 3 bank worth it?

I do find balls hang up on the inside edge fairly frequently, usually if the center target has dropped but the lower one is still up I've been meaning to remove it but haven't got around to it yet.

1 month later
#8607 3 years ago

Think i like the lighter one better also. A useful technique for the mummy wrapping would be dry brushing or "weathering", something that is fairly easy to do and is used in military scale model painting. This will achieve that kind of dirty look you are chasing.

2 months later
#8789 2 years ago

I would try bending it slightly first. Just wondering also if the top rails have been squeezed together somewhat near the end?? That would also make the ball lift up off the bottom rails and help it achieve lift off.

1 week later
#8859 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The whole LE package is sweet

Not a fan of the LE cab art, mainly cause it's totally wrong....who ever heard of a tailgunner in a Spitfire fighter??
Yeah i'm a tad of a purist but not to a painful butthurt stage LOL

#8865 2 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Totally wrong for Iron Maiden? It‘s a Iron Maiden Comic world and works for the theme

There is a song called Tailgunner of course but the depicted image on the LE cab art is a Spitfire fighter plane.... there ain't no 2nd person in those things
By saying totally wrong i didn't refer to the song or any reference to the band, purely a historical inaccuracy. It's like Stern were trying to blend both Aces High and Tailgunner tunes in the cab art.

1 week later
#8908 2 years ago

Although i felt the original yellow T Molding went well with the Tilt topper i've just changed to the gold/black stripe from Pinball Life. It's a little more subtle and i really like it

DSC05374 (resized).JPGDSC05374 (resized).JPGDSC05375 (resized).JPGDSC05375 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#8999 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Yet to play a better game than Maiden
Are Stern producing only pro models OR are more premiums being made?
Having owned both, the premium is definitely the way to go!

Contact AMD in Sydney and ask if they will be getting more in Oz, their website just shows Sold Out which seems a little odd, usually if they have more coming there will be an expected date of arrival attached.

2 weeks later
#9078 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

I'm in Australia. I have put my name down on a list, but I've been told they are unsure if Stern will - fingers are crossed.

Did you inquire with AMD in Sydney?

3 weeks later
#9174 2 years ago

Anyone know where i can buy the node board connectors? particularly after a 4 pin. Cheers

#9176 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Do you mean molex .1? You can get them from jaycar

Are they actually a molex plug though? if the sizing is .100 then i guess the .100 IDC plugs would fit also?

2 weeks later
#9392 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

See the stack of leaf switches (circled)? Those should not be touching

Totally true!! but to be more precise the 2 blades closest to the plastic piece that has the cup on the end shouldn't be touching, the bottom blade/leaf is the adjuster for tension (for want of a better term)

#9393 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

But we couldn't figure out why the right flipper is scoring points for no reason, like when I hit the start button to start a game 2 "EDDIE" letters get collected immediately and then the right flipper every time its pressed scores points even without shooting the ball into the playfield. Very frustrating and weird.

That's usually from the newton ball adjustment being too close which makes it SUPER sensitive from vibration, in this case from the flipper mech

#9399 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

ugh, so I finally have it working but its still not enough? When you say to close, do you mean the screw? Because that's as tight as can be.

Yeah sorry, by "too close" i mean the adjustment in the switch blades.

1 week later
#9537 2 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

I don't know where else to post this stupid question. What are the small metal open circular fasteners that go on the reject button after the spring in the coin door called? Both of mine went flying into the abyss when I went to replace the coin buttons and I need to order some new ones. My search is failing me.

E Clips
https://www.pinballlife.com/e-clips.html?Category_Code=
Most hardwares would probably have them too.

#9578 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Trying to order replacement T-molding and I’m measuring 3/4”, noticed a couple postings saying 13/16”!?

Can confirm it's definitely 3/4"

#9602 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Lighted flippers added. Iron Maiden is such a pretty game.

I spy some 3D flipper toppers Still have the lower one's attached, little hard to tell?

2 weeks later
#9759 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

You could try using a broomstick or something similar to hold it up, but that's risky and there aren't any great places to jam it into.

That's possible but you really need one either side to be properly stable. At least with 90's Bally/Williams the PF is on the pivot points either side and don't come off, with the modern Sterns the PF lifts straight off the slide channels

2 weeks later
#9935 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Look great but $120 is a hard sell for a button

And to think that some people thought my self designed and hand painted 3D flipper toppers were expensive at $65 AUD for a set of 4..........

1 week later
#10147 2 years ago

The problem with that protector is not the actual structure of it but the adhesive that is used it seems. Find a better (thin) double sided tape is the solution. Mine is still fine since i put it on but admittedly hasn't had much play time lately so i haven't needed to go looking for a better tape option. Surely there is one out there though??

#10152 2 years ago

Maybe add the 3M part number (or type) to the key post index for future reference for others? Sorry, i have no idea how to do that

2 weeks later
#10366 2 years ago

Every machine will have it's quirks i guess but with mine a stronger coil wasn't ever needed, i just backed off the launch power and it's a good 95% on auto. Perhaps striving for an eternal 100% is like chasing the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

#10378 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, thanks. I was thinking of chopping off the legs as well haha

No need to, just mount him further back and have him straddling the ramp. I'll add a pic of mine later but it is in the pic gallery with LED eyes.

f5d752fc2c85979cfc563526f8b1fec448eb12ee (resized).jpgf5d752fc2c85979cfc563526f8b1fec448eb12ee (resized).jpg
2 months later
#11016 2 years ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

I noticed my cyborg eddie guns have drooped. Has anyone else had this happen? I searched the forum but did not see it mentioned. Is there a more permanent fix than just bending them back up. Thanks!

Yeah this was brought up in this thread before but i don't recall any other solution than just bending them back. It's from the heat of the closest spotlight and being turned on for longer periods of time.

2 weeks later
#11079 2 years ago

Not a huge fan but each to their own. Are you going to add some mylar at the new ball drop point you have created?

3 weeks later
#11233 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

She cannot stand Bruce’s voice and just playing the game in the same room as her makes her angry

I guess temporary trade of the missus is out of the question?

1 week later
#11286 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

The damage that the switch protectors are designed to protect from does seem much rarer these days. I left those off when I installed the rest of the kit but I'm sure someone got unlucky somewhere.

Did you attach the protector that sits beside the drop targets? I've been thinking about removing mine as i've found that any slight hit to the middle target can make the ball sit in between the upper and lower targets and gets stuck on the edge of the protector. Only way to get it unstuck is to shake the crap outta the machine usually

#11290 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

It happens once in a blue moon but I've had that happen on maiden's without cliffy's as well. I can get it out with light smack to the right side of the machine. The one week it was worse than that I realized I was overdue to level the machine and once I fixed the right lean it went away.

Hmmm ok, well my machine is definitely leveled properly
I do recall reading in this thread ages ago something about the level/height of the targets being able to be adjusted from underneath? got me wondering if maybe i need to do something with that.

#11297 2 years ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

Wondering if you installed the protector on the left or the right side of the hole. I think it's supposed to be "behind" the drop targets, on the right side of the hole

Yeah mine is on the outside of the drop targets, thought that was the place it was supposed to be? Anyone else got this protector and where do you have it?

#11299 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Quoted from STVPIN:

Wondering if you installed the protector on the left or the right side of the hole. I think it's supposed to be "behind" the drop targets, on the right side of the hole

Yeah mine is on the outside of the drop targets, thought that was the place it was supposed to be? Anyone else got this protector and where do you have it?

Just had a look on Cliffy's site and YUP you are correct, it goes on the inside edge. Will have to change that over as soon as i get the chance!!

1 month later
#11471 1 year ago

To my old and tired eyes that is a hideous match of colours, it's just TOO much red. The best match i've seen is the purple one. Each to their own though!!

#11473 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Just ordered this gold t-molding and will see about getting some powder coating that can maybe closely match it. Havent seen this gold used on a Premium (at least in all my searches), so wish me luck =)

Should look great!! I went with the gold/black from Pinball Life.

Gold t mold 1 (resized).jpgGold t mold 1 (resized).jpgGold t mold 2 (resized).jpgGold t mold 2 (resized).jpg
#11503 1 year ago

Should have put an RGB LED in that Clairvoyant globe

4 weeks later
#11629 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I don’t think when people say ‘the pro is better’ they really mean the pro is better, they mean ‘hey to me the premium isnt worth $2100 more’

And for this particular reason i wouldn't bother with an LE over a Premium considering that a Premium has the same mechs and PF as the LE just has a few less bells and whistles. Some of those add on's "may" help with resale value alone but for overall enjoyment of the game, less so (only perhaps the enhanced sound)

#11637 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

I think people who bought the premium are going to typically say the premium was worth it, and the pro owners will say the pro is better. In other news, dogs and cats generally don't get along and water is wet.

There may be something to this but i think you might be discounting the fact that a lot of people who bought the premium have either played the pro first (in my case) or after they bought one.

3 weeks later
#11677 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

PPP Precision flipper system. See my separate review for details

Read the review and all the reply posts and still not convinced there will be any significant improvement on standard bats. You claim you could shoot some of the shots better on this machine but the jury is out on whether that's the result of the product itself...
Best comment i've seen so far was >> Marketing wank

1 month later
#11870 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Sounds like Sterns are crashing that dont have the IC installed. If you could go back to the last code it should fix it

I didn't bother changing mine as the newer code had nothing added of any virtue. If i get another NIB then i guess it's just gonna be there but really not that interested in IC. I'd be concerned if they update the code again in future that would make it almost 'mandatory' to add the IC but i do doubt it would come to that.

#11872 1 year ago

Always wanted to add the Pharaoh figure from the Legacy of the beast set to my machine and finally got round to it. LED for the eyes is wired into the flasher under the center lift ramp. Fine holes were drilled into the eyes at an angle to a central point in the back of the head and then a larger hole drilled from the back to accommodate a single 3mm orange LED. The fine wiring is then glued to the back and then down the back of the right leg, through a hole in the base hidden behind the foot. The base was originally of a roundish shape but had to be cut down into a wedge shape so it would fit where i wanted to place it. It's covered in real beach sand mixed with a quality wood glue and the sides of the base have also been painted to match. Quite happy with the result, only slight downside is the eye LED'S aren't fully visible from the players perspective due to the angle of the figure. Vid attached also shows the other mods i have on the machine, some of which i've altered (added LED'S) or in the case of the 3D flipper toppers, have designed/created myself.

DSC05855 (resized).JPGDSC05855 (resized).JPGDSC05856 (resized).JPGDSC05856 (resized).JPGDSC05857 (resized).JPGDSC05857 (resized).JPG

#11874 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Awesome looking mods. Especially loving those flipper toppers. You should make more of those and sell them

Cheers, yeah i will be doing another batch of the flipper toppers eventually, i do have 12 sets molded just haven't had the time to get stuck into painting them yet.

#11876 1 year ago
Quoted from craif:

Nice work on the eyes. Did you have a special tool/tech for it or just a steady hand?

Just a steady'ish hand and used this modelling hand drill. Started the holes with the 0.4mm bit and finished at 1mm, any larger hole and the proportions would have looked incorrect. One eye was a little off center but it's not all that noticeable on that small scale.

DSC05858 (resized).JPGDSC05858 (resized).JPG
#11878 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Looks like they fixed the reset issue with the most recent code

Yup and looks like no other changes other than the IC stuff so i'm sticking with the last code that actually added anything relevant

2 months later
#12096 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Id love to hear some opinions

In my horrible biased opinion i wouldn't go the gold/orange colour, it doesn't contrast well with the playfield i reckon..having said that i don't like the purple either LOL. For my eye's, having the ramps coloured adds TOO much colour to the playfield, it looks swamped. That's why the plain metal look of the ramps works so well as it's a neutrality to the playfield colours. But hey, this is why pinball is so great though, every one has a different opinion and you will always get at least some that will love what you do with your own machine. Don't sweat the haters, just do what feels right for you

1 week later
#12136 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

But Stern biz model is about making quick money

It's a "business" like any other No company is in the game to make a loss!!

#12139 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

There's a difference between wanting to make money and make "quick" money.

Perhaps broaden your viewpoint just for a second and put this same blowtorch you are holding to virtually EVERY company out there, think you'll find that this is across the board, not just related to Stern. Just seems a tad odd to hold this against one company when most want quick profits whenever possible yeah??

#12141 1 year ago

I don't understand your comment

You don't understand simple economics??
I never said it was a witch hunt against Stern, just saying there's no difference to any company out there trying to make a buck and tbh most individuals are after a fast dollar too.

#12147 1 year ago

Well, I dont think justifying price gauging using simple economics is fair.
The fact that only 2 manufacturers did this only recently, actually, defeats your argument.
We will see if CGC does it but I doubt it, they seem to have higher standards than Stern and JJP.

If it was simple economics all pinball companies would have had a price change now and that did not happen.

So in my opinion, I disagree with you and this isn’t simple economics at all actually… It is a company squeezing their client base to satisfy share holders…

Quoted from Anony:

I disagree. In every industry there are companies that stand out from the rest by the care they take to service the end user vs. just pumping out more product.
Take a company like Valve. They changed the video game industry by hosting sales on a regular basis and making the ability to refund any game any time under a certain playtime standard. Before valve you couldn't refund digital video games anywhere. They obviously want our money but they are willing to get there by putting the needs of the consumer at the forefront so people keep coming back.

Every business wants to make a profit, but that doesn't mean every business acts in the best interest of the client. That's pretty obvious.

And like I said, I've generally had a good experience with Stern. The fact that they warrantied anything on a 4 year old machine that I bought second hand is great, but you'll see countless complaints of people who have been waiting multiple months for parts and not received them. It's clear Stern has not made providing parts to the end user a priority. They want machines out the door NIB more than they want current owners to be serviced.

Yeah i get it, both of you are pissed at Stern for raising prices on machines
There's one easy fix for that... DON'T BUY any more NIB and maybe, instead of bitching in the Maiden thread, go across to the next stern machine thread and join the whining there. Do i like the price rise NO but you don't see me whinging about it either, i'll just vote with my pocket instead of crapping on about it. As we all know, the market will ultimately end up deciding if the price hikes are sustainable. Also, as you both will know, prices on pretty much everything we consume/use in life continue to rise.

#12164 1 year ago

he is just trolling the thread.

That's a bizarre thing to say considering your history in threads i've observed so far. I DON'T troll threads and never have mate but it's a nice deflection though innit I've been in this club thread basically from the start and have generally only posted positive things + helped out others whenever i could. Read back through the pages if you wish, the proof is there for everyone to see. And while you're at it, check out the other club threads i've posted in, that will also prove it + dispel your "troll" comment. Keep that kind of thing to yourself mate!!

#12175 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Have others had a problem with this spot? The balls get REALLY stuck if they pop up high enough to get up on the plastic. Stuck between ed's foot and the switch for the gate

Must say i've not had a ball stuck up there yet. I'm presuming that's jumping up from the entry side not from the back?
Only way i can think of preventing that would be a piece of acrylic bent at a right angle and screw it down using the existing 2 nuts there, one at the front of the switch mounting plate and the other on the opposite side. Make it wide enough to cover most of that gap and that should act as a decent deflection guard which would just drop the ball back onto the playfield.
Sorry, i can't get to my machine at the moment to take a pic and mock up in paint.net to show exactly what i'm getting at.

#12176 1 year ago

Ok, moved a bit of crap so i could get a decent pic of the area. Just a quick cheesy mock up and it's hard to convey angles on a pic but you'll get the general idea. Pink rectangle would be the flat area of the right angle bend, to be screwed down by that right hand nut of the switch mounting plate and the left nut that holds down the plastic. The yellow rectangle is the upright portion that would act as the deflection "shield". Obviously wouldn't need to cover the full height of that gap nor the total width but i reckon that would work well, and just done with some clear acrylic sheet.

DSC05911 (resized).JPGDSC05911 (resized).JPG

#12181 1 year ago
Quoted from craif:

Plan C: You could reshape the low hanging leg a bit. I haven't done it on the IMDN sculpts but have pulled off some pretty extensive modifications other sculpts made out of the same material using a heat gun on a very low setting. A heavy duty hair dryer would probably even work. Much hotter than that will just liquefy it anyway. Heat it up for a few seconds just enough to make it a little more pliable, bend it a tiny bit and hold it for about 15 seconds until it cools down. For bigger bends wait a few minutes for it to cool down fully then repeat the process bending a little further each cycle. Doing it this way avoids tears or stretch marks in the outer layer.

Think that would be the quicker option yep and shouldn't require too much removal of parts to do it either. That back leg would only need bending laterally a few MM to the left (towards the center ramp) to give enough clearance for the ball to roll back out.

#12182 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, that would block shots from the front.. which if I were a gambling man I think is the more likely direction they are coming from.. even if it means it has to jump OVER eddie's toes back there. But it might cause other hangups if any other ball trajectories could get on top of that flat plastic.. as it would become basically a much bigger trap To think about...

Was looking at mine again earlier and the only other main place the ball can enter from is above that metal rail which 'might' occur from a ball bouncing back from the eye (long shot). There's perhaps enough gap for it to drop in from above but that's a hell of an air ball Is the lane protector curled up on the edges back there cause that could create an air ball also i guess but you wouldn't think it would deflect sideways into and above that metal rail gap. Apart from creating a taller metal rail at the back and re-riveting onto the plastic and then adding a front barrier to stop balls from the front side (both options meaning a lot more parts removal and work) i can't see any other way of preventing it.
I reckon Craif has got the best/easiest solution by bending Eddie's leg!!

#12186 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Well I added these Wizard Mods coin door and speaker panel magnets today. Really nice match to the premium and first game with them achieve my GC score

And a cool shooter rod too

1 week later
#12208 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sounds like IMDN will be run again in May, so the age old question is wether or not the premium is worth the extra $$$ over the pro now that it costs $9700 and there is a $2700 price difference between the pro and premium.

On the original pricing YES!! Are you positive that there will be a rerun of these??
There have been rumours it would happen but also heard just as many rumours that Maiden was done for good.

1 month later
#12507 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Nope hasn’t lifted its like the horseshoe piece of metal above has come down

That piece should basically be touching the underneath of the ball rail that feeds into the sarcophagus. I'm not sure how it's attached as i've not really needed to look underneath that part but i'm presuming it bolts from underneath. I'd be checking to see if it's come loose causing it to sag at the back cause there should be ample room for the ball to pass underneath. Even if the edges of the protector had curled up the ball is sitting virtually dead center. Not seen this before

2 weeks later
#12617 1 year ago

Finally swapped over to Titan rubbers on my machine and then realised i didn't order any bloody post sleeves Probably cause i followed the kit database and the entries don't mention sleeves. Some of the one's on the machine feel like plastic?? like the uprights on the clairvoyant plastic/newton ball base. Are these all replaceable with the Titan tapered sleeve style??

#12637 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We find the Stern ones better. The Titans shred up and do not look so good after a while. The stock Stern ones are much harder so really cop a beating. We have Titans everywhere else.

When i said Titan rubbers i did mean the silicone type, I've had those in most of my machines and never found that they shred up. I do think that Stern rubbers from factory aren't too bad although i've heard varying results for others. The amount of games played obviously makes a big difference to how long the originals last.

1 week later
#12719 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Just wanted some of your thoughts if think Maiden still for me

Reading your post i think you have already made your mind up and i'm really not sure why you posted all that ??
If you want a playfield feature that spits balls out of it's mouth then find someone wanting to sell their GOTG.
TBH, kinda odd stating that Maiden is plain and doesn't have many features but wanting someone in this thread to change your mind

1 month later
#12886 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m looking to get a pro because it’s all I can really afford. Am I missing a lot from a premium?

Also, I saw they’re being in production in May. Does anyone know if this is the last run because I only want to buy one new in box

The pro/prem debate is/will be endless and everyone has an opinion so it's just something you have to work out yourself. Both sides have valid reasons for their choices, just comes down to your personal choice. Some prefer the Prem just on the artwork alone and some Pro owners will bring up the "issues" with the newton ball on the Prem and say it's not worth the hassle....etc..etc..etc.
I played a Pro first and then bought a Prem later on NIB. For my own choice i'm glad i went with the Prem and i've not had bugger all problems with the machine in over 3 years. This will be most definitely the last run i would suspect as there was talk the machine had been archived mid/late last year but then another run was announced. If you want a NIB and not 2nd hand then JUMP IN NOW!!!!! Either Pro or Prem you won't be disappointed

#12926 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Chasing IC achievements is fun

I really thought i wouldn't give 2 shits about having IC on my Maiden but after playing my Bond premmy i'm sold
Will get hold of an IC update kit next time i do a PBL order.

3 weeks later
#13022 11 months ago
Quoted from BobC:

I need the left side head decal only for an IM Premium

Maybe try sending an email to Pinball Life?? They have the Pro side decals listed but i'm almost 100% sure they used to list the Premium one's too. They might be able to get them in if they don't have them in stock.

2 weeks later
#13119 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

just wanted to take a peek at it

EddieZilla!!!!!

#13174 10 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

No sir, I was thinking of the one that is pictured holding the staff that's sitting on top of the pop bumper in the picture above. He would fit in the area perfectly, but I can't find it anywhere.

The figures are from the Legacy of the Beast blind box set and the Pharaoh one is probably the hardest one to find for sale (and usually the dearest). There was a guy from the US selling these on Ebay but it looks like his add is gone now.
This is what i did with mine >>>

#13177 10 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Yep, that's him. Love love love those mods, especially those flipper toppers

Flipper toppers were made by me and i will be doing another batch of them sometime this year. At present doing some shooter rods of various types but after that lot i'm hoping to get back to the flipper toppers again. I have 12 sets molded, just not started painting them up. BTW they are cast from a mold using 2 part liquid resin, same as the shooter rods i do. I'm still not a huge fan of the 3D stuff yet although it is improving.

#13181 10 months ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

How did you do the light up eyes? That looks awesome.

Very carefully drilled holes using a pinvise (a hand held mini drill specifically for bits less than 1.5mm) and a 0.8mm drill bit (finished with a 1mm) from the eyeball side to the back of the head. I angled them inwards to as close to a center point at the back of the head i could manage so i could just use 1 solo 3mm LED. Drill the back of the head between the 2 points to about half the depth (perhaps a touch more) and then the LED was hooked up to the flasher underneath the center ramp. The base is cut down to a wedge shape from the original circular base that come with the figures. It was painted a sand colour around the sides and then real beach sand was stuck to the top. Sand was mixed with PVA glue to a slightly mushy texture, applied and left to semi dry. Before it was fully dry i stuck the figures tootsies in the mix to create the "impression" The wire for the LED is super fine and runs down the figures back and then down the rear leg, then runs through a drilled hole under/just behind the foot. I did make about 6 of these for sale here in Oz also but they are long gone.

#13183 10 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

Damn - those flipper toppers are amazing. Put me down for three and a mini!

Noted! I sold the original batch of these as a complete set of 4. At this stage NO idea when i'll get another batch completed but it's definitely in the mod queue

2 weeks later
#13388 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

If anyone has experience or feedback on mods or have any of the aforementioned please chime in I would greatly appreciate it!

I would look through the topic image gallery (at the top of the page) as that has a visual record of every mod people in this thread have added to their machines. This might give you a good idea of what looks good and where on the machine and for which model.

#13454 10 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Pretty sure this is a known issue if you look through the thread and it is in fact the flipper knocking against the cabinet that causes it. I never had this issue so I can't give any specific advice but I do remember reading about this one.

Yep although it's not actually hitting the side of the cab physically, more because it's so damn close. You can put sound deadening material on the outside of the coil stop bracket which helps a tad but doesn't entirely make it go away.

#13479 10 months ago

It's awesome to see/hear the "new" love for this game with the latest run of machines.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

#13496 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Spring come off ?

It should still fire the coil, just not return.

2 weeks later
#13678 9 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is there a UFO in your game?

Reflection in the glass from the speaker + LEDS...made me look though.

1 week later
#13827 9 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Added some gloss clearcoat and pretty happy with the results.

Looks like the clear coat has reacted to the original paint OR it has pooled big time in some areas (lower part of the eye cavity, below the lower teeth)

Eddies (resized).jpgEddies (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#13996 8 months ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

What is the plural of Shatz

Shitz....but i digress

2 weeks later
#14106 8 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

My experience with the two NIb sterns I have is their quality control is not great and there were many things I had to outright fix that were assembled wrong, and more things I had to dial in to make it play satisfactorily. It takes time. I don’t mind so much as I am used to tinkering with pins. But if you’re looking for plug and play you may be frustrated.

I don't think that's always the case with NIB Sterns. I've bought 2 in the last 5 years and had hardly any issues with either, apart from the normal tweaking that goes on.

2 weeks later
#14186 7 months ago
Quoted from alto:

I'm currently thinking that I'll carefully slide the game in box down the stairs with the help of a friend, but I'm not yet sure what to do about extra security so that the person at the top can assist properly, i.e. some straps or something to attach to the box for gripping on to. I'm also not too worried about the scuffing the stairs, they're old and will be renovated at some point in the future, so any dings or wear to them is not really a concern.

Two people behind the box taking the weight and arresting the descent pace and one person at the top guiding would be best.
TBH new Sterns are a doddle in comparison to lugging a STTNG or JD down stairs, those are heaps heavier!!!

1 week later
#14329 7 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay69:

Thoughts on Americanizing this banner by adding a P-51 Mustang instead of the British fighter? I think this version of the P-51 would look pretty cool.

Purists will hate it..just like some did with the LE cabinet artwork that shows a rear gunner in a single seat fighter (i wasn't a fan i must admit). The background story behind the song Aces High is based on the Battle of Britain which was mainly fought with Hurricanes, Spitfires and of course Messerschmitt's (not including bombers etc) The P-51 wasn't used in the battle and from memory wasn't in operation that early in the war ( i will stand corrected on that though) Each to their own

1 week later
#14411 6 months ago
Quoted from alto:

Oh and also - do you guys use the guard rails with flipper button protector plates or similar?
Is is common that you wear through the side art at the buttons after a while?

The one piece "Lollipop" rails are the best bet for that. IMO they are better than the add on guards. The art can wear eventually around the flipper buttons yes but it can take a while to do so. I add them because it helps prevent fingernail damage to the art also but of course that depends on who is playing the machine.

Maiden rails (resized).jpgMaiden rails (resized).jpg
#14414 6 months ago
Quoted from alto:

Shame that you have to put screws through the sides though, not really a good option to remove them later (though why would you?).

No extra screws are required and the holes along the top edge "should" line up with the existing rail holes. There are holes in the round part of the guard IF you want to put extra screws in there but it's not necessary at all. I say "should" because there are after market made lollipop rails that aren't exactly spec.

#14415 6 months ago
Quoted from Bundy:

I personally don’t like the large metal side rails covering a large portion of the side art.

Granted that can be an issue with some machines but in the case of Maiden premium there's nothing of any significance being hidden.

#14416 6 months ago
Quoted from Bundy:

If you use mylar just put a layer of wax first on the cabinet, that way you can remove the mylar without running the risk of lifting the decal

I personally wouldn't add any stick on type of guard as it WILL damage the cabinet art decal when, if ever, removed. At least with the Lollipop rails you can change back to standard rails if you ever want to sell the machine (and it's a sticking point with the potential buyer).

#14418 6 months ago
Quoted from alto:

That's really neat actually, I thought they would be flappy if not secured with the screws on the sides.

They don't flop around or shudder with vibration from the shaker motor, mainly cause once the lock down bar is on it's holding them snug on both sides.

#14494 6 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

what flipper power is He or everyone else using to get loops easier or does it make any difference.That seems to be a weak part of My game as I only get 2 or 3 in a row and only a handfull in a game

Honestly i really think it's just all about the timing. From the upper left i've probably only done 4-5 in a row at best. The main loop from the lower right i've hit 12-15 quite a few times now. Both my lower and upper flippers are factory although at one stage i did try experimenting with power changes.

#14509 6 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Ha anyone come up with a slightly long-term cleaner solution to softening the CLUNK sound of upper right flipper?

Not that i know of no. I did try swapping the metal playfield sliders (internal one's) to the Delrin type that PBL sell but that only changed the tone of the clunk didn't really tone the sound down overall. I did plan on creating a guard of sorts out of a sheet of acrylic with both sides coated with the sound deadening material but after looking at it i didn't think there was going to be enough room to do that and also felt it wasn't going to help a lot. From memory i think someone mentioned about changing the bracket around so the coil stop end was on the other side but i'm not even sure you could do that. Seems most people have just learned to live with it so CRANK the volume

#14545 6 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

That’s really risky. I do not recommend making switch adjustments with a machine on. I do playfield swaps and have learned what happens when you make an oopsie.

But I’ll digress, I’ll escort myself out…

TOTALLY sound advice!! please escort yourself back into the building
NO electrical work should be done on a machine that is turned on unless you absolutely know what you're doing and even then shit can go south.
It only takes a dropped screw into a globe socket to short a section out/blow fuses and worse if you haven't got the high coil power cutoff and are a bit wayward with a screwdriver etc.

#14554 6 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hmm. Assuming your coil-stop screws are all torqued down, the "clunk" you're hearing, rather than a "snap," is coming from the staging aspect your flippers

Nope, the clunk he's hearing is from the upper right flipper being super close to the cab!!

#14583 6 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thinking of trading my maiden premium for a ghostbusters premium and $1250 cash. Thoughts from this group?

I've never owned GB but i did play it a few times on location at a place in Melbourne. It never grabbed me from the start and i gravitated to playing GOTG which i found far more entertaining. It's not a swap i'd do but you gotta do what feels right for you. As mentioned, there shouldn't be a problem changing back later on.

#14585 6 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Foo Fighters might be the only other game for me that rivals it

Have you had the chance to play a Bond yet?

1 week later
#14610 6 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Question about Aces High Topper

I got mine delivered today new 2023 stock.

I was expecting gun LED's to be red.

Mine are hot pink !

Not sure if I like it.

Excuse my ocd.

You guys with this topper got red or pink guns ?

Possibly wouldn't be too hard to change the LED'S to red but depends if they are surface mounted on a board (makes it harder) Socketed would be easy but knowing how most modern Stern's are it's likely the first option.

#14612 6 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Not sure I would attempt a swap myself as these toppers are expensive

For sure if they are surface mounted LED'S on a circuit board then nope (most likely). If they are standard sockets then that's piss easy.

3 weeks later
#14862 5 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yes, already booked.
Sydney Australia,

Gonna be Awesome !!

Echo that
Locked in for Melbourne!!

#14906 5 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

For anyone having issues with making the loop off the manual or auto plunge don’t forget the springs. I just upped to orange and it’s making it 10/10 right now

My machine shipped with an orange and as far as i'm aware that's factory for this title.

3 weeks later
#15051 4 months ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Holds the light in

Anyone know where you can buy these globe holder wires?? Got some tower spots on another machine and 1 globe fkn always pops out

#15053 4 months ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

I can't imagine they'd be too hard to make.

Probably not but i'm feeling real lazy at the moment

#15060 4 months ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Comet pinball has what you need, and a lot more. I also use the trick Pinkmonk suggested…wrapping the bulb with a thin strip of electrical tape, under the wires to give it more tension

Cheers i figured someone must sell those clips but i didn't check out Comets site. I did try the tape method but i didn't have it situated like how it is in your pics. Will give that a try first. Thanks!!

#15063 4 months ago
Quoted from k_kush:

I'm guessing Pinballlife.com would also have the clips.

Searched using bulb retention clips and no dice but perhaps they are listed under another name?

#15095 4 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

My games make a loud screech duck quack type noise after they reboot from auto software update.

Have you got the digital knocker turned on in settings?

#15118 4 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

A very Merry Christmas to me!!!

You still get real tickets over there?? All gone digital to your phone here
They must be touring Canada not long after Oz cause i think our date is 7th September

3 weeks later
#15189 3 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Downvote a photo ?

Yeah i don't get it either...and TBH..the Tilt Topper one is heaps better than the Stern version!!

1 month later
#15485 50 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I'll get more pics once I've got it on the machine but think it looks fantastic!

Solid resin or 3D printed??

#15487 50 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

IMO I'd rather have PLA PLUS or PETG over resin. I've found that resin cracks easier. Those shooter knobs are nice but I'm not a shooter knob guy.

I've made MANY shooter rods from solid resin, not the printed type but cast from a silicone mold using a 2 part liquid plastic resin (Urethane) . I've never had 1 crack EVER. In fact the only one i've had reported back to me as damaged was because one guys pitbull chewed the crap out of it
3D printed is way more brittle than a solid cast resin!!

1 week later
#15533 43 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Is the general consensus that these really help anything? Or mostly for looks?

I've read arguments from both sides and i'm still leaning towards the Nahh camp. I guess it's one of those things you can only judge properly by using them yourself. The one thing that does put me off is the fact i wouldn't be able to use my own custom made flipper toppers I dig them way too much just to be able to adjust the flipper quicker!!

#15541 41 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Hey guys, good news. Jeff is new to the forum but is going to make a few of the Powerslave shooter rods he did for my machine for the community. Obviously, he's got some skill in crafting these types of sculpts so if you're all nice to him then maybe we'll see some designed for other games in the future but he's just testing how these do for now. Give him feedback or ask him questions. I'm certain he'll be happy to answer once he learns to navigate the site.

A word of advice for your mate.. They should be attached to Stern blank rods, not B/W blank rods. The reason being is the B/W blanks are about 4-5 mm longer than the Sterns which will cause issues with the auto plunge because the longer rod will hold the ball out in front of the prongs instead of the ball resting at the prongs. The length of rod from the back of the head to the shooter tip end should be 194-195mm (this can vary if you glue a washer to the back of the head also which SHOULD be added due to the barrel spring chewing out the resin over time). For B/W (of the DMD era) machines the length is generally 198mm. I've made a shitload of rods for both so i am talking from experience (and failures)
** Yes, you can still use the B/W blanks BUT you will need to drill further into the character head to seat the extra length of rod not required.

#15544 40 days ago
Quoted from Shivers:

So I'm in for a premium, but is it just me or does the aces high stern topper look out of place on a premium?

Personally i don't think it suits the Egyptian art work of the premium. I went with the Tilt Topper one which i think suits perfectly. The company are just a little difficult to deal with and there can be wait times on shipping etc, admittedly that's more for international orders but i've heard of issues/wait times for US customers also. It's worth the wait though cause it looks cool

https://tilttopper.com/shop/ols/products/iron-maiden-pinball-topper

2 weeks later
#15654 26 days ago

Posting this mainly for the Aussies in the thread. I have a spare NOS playfield (Prem/LE) that i was keeping aside just in case it was needed one day. I've come to the realisation that i'll probably never need it so it's up for sale. Won't add this as a Pinside for sale add as it would be difficult to post it anywhere outside of Australia. The box it's in (original Stern packaging) exceeds Aus Post limits so within Oz it would have to be sent via courier. Where i am there's no options for DHL and the like so that's why international option is out, it would just be a complete headfck to arrange. This was originally bought from a US Pinsider and he'd got it direct from Stern for the same reason, as a spare if ever required. As far as i'm aware it was only out of the box 3 times, first to take pics for his sale add, 2nd time by me so i could confirm condition upon receiving (and to swoon over it cause it's FKN gorgeous) and third time for this pic (have other pics if required) Send me a PM if anyone in Oz is interested and we can discuss

DSC06616 (resized).JPGDSC06616 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.50
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=Mancave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.