(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MJW.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2969 5 years ago

Someone told me that pro version of this game includes printed manual. Can anyone confirm? Past Stern practice has been printed manuals for prem and LE only. Thanks.

#2974 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Manual" might be stretching it. They're more like pamphlets these days.

Ok thanks. Have not got my game yet. Went with a pro this time.

4 weeks later
#3162 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Added some mods in the past few days. I used a pico size rgb LED for the Clairvoyant globe and very fine wiring (normally used for Lego LED lighting). I did consider drilling the arm to hide the wires but there really isn't much room for error to do that so didn't try and risk it. If i can find a good colour match i'm intending to blend the wire into the blue of her cape at the back. I fully intended the globe to be lit all the time and not connected to the globe underneath, the RGB colour sequence wouldn't match anyway. Piece of mind Eddie isn't exactly where i wanted him but he was never going to fit where the original was, just too tall. I'll most likely adjust where the chains attach also as i have some small eye bolts coming which should look far neater.

Unfortunately my camera washed out the colours on the globe but you can spot the colour changes on the Clairvoyants face and upper torso. These pico leds are damn bright for their size!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Clairvoyant looks great. You should sell these. Nice work.

2 weeks later
#3377 5 years ago

Hey Vireland did you ever post a tutorial of amp install? I went with flipper fildelity kit and still get crackle if volume too high. Should have just gone with another polk subwoofer. They never disappoint.

#3379 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure it's because the on-board amplifier is underpowered. I don't know how FF's kit works, is it just bigger speakers, but no daughterboard amplifier to take over the work from the Spike 2 CPU board?
Also, depending on which version of the Spike 2 CPU board you have, you may not have a sub out to tap into (documented in my thread below).
I actually finished the conversion to an external amp on the pro with larger speakers. I don't notice any crackling now, but the location doesn't like the machine that loud, so it's nowhere near what it CAN do. The hardest part of the whole thing (making the cable) is documented along with the general instructions of how to hook up the external amp here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden
The only real downer is since the amp is powered after the machine is turned off (since it's using the service outlet), you get a power-down groan out of the speakers. Everything else is a net positive.

Thanks for posting.

#3388 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My Little Pony and Iron Maiden. A match made in...HELL!

Nice custom maiden pin gulp. Where did you get it?
Sorry!!! Wrong person.

#3389 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

I was able to get my BNIB Premium into the basement without waking the kids on Christmas Eve. See the video for the reaction...

[quoted image]

Where did you get the custom maiden pin gulp?

#3405 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Or buy the sticker like i did and put it on a pingulp
amazon.com link »

Thanks but I like the two tone and don’t want to mess with painting.

#3406 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We have these...
[quoted image]

Nice also but I’m running red powder coat.

#3407 5 years ago

I have a pro translite if anyone needs. $70 shipped. They are $120 shipped from Stern.

2 weeks later
#3632 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Finally got the yellow acrylic back in stock, sorry for all the delays on the latest round of orders!
https://truecolorprotectors.com/products/iron-maiden-truecolor-plastic-protectors
Also, cool little note. All orders have been going out with a 3rd FREE slingshot spare in case one of yours ever breaks![quoted image]

This is the best looking set avail.

1 month later
#3909 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Be aware that the sleeves on Maiden are tapered to reduce airballs. Titan does not make anything like that yet. I change all my rubber to Titans. I change my Maiden over before the first game. I'd hold off on sleeves for now. Side note, yellow ones? Where did you have yellow ones stock? Everything was black on mine.

I was worried about this but after switching all rubbers out air balls have not been an issue.

1 week later
#3952 5 years ago
Quoted from sbskins:

Trying to get some opinions on what color I should powder coat my ramps/wireframe (Pro model) I'm leaning towards some sort of orange, but truthfully I have no idea what would look good. Does anyone have their ramps and/or wireframes powder coated that wants to share some pictures or their input? Thanks.

My Refinery pro has dark blue.

58959CE4-EDA9-43D0-A14D-ACEC28473C09 (resized).jpeg58959CE4-EDA9-43D0-A14D-ACEC28473C09 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4037 5 years ago

There are also battlefield pin blades avail . Lots of choices on this game. I went with the Stern ones because I like how they mirror the playfield theme/art.

4 weeks later
#4334 5 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

Just installed a Spitfire from Rods Mods and it really rocks!
By far the best of the model plane mods and well worth the extra $$ it's the only mod out where the propeller spins when the left ramp is hit.
Also has a cockpit light and wing lights.
I tried another plane mod that mounts on the right side and ended up taking it out. For one thing the connectors weren't attached properly and ended up falling apart. After inspecting them I realized that the gauge of wire was too big for the plastic clips. It's fixable but Jeez. I ended up putting a cool Egyptian Archway there from Mezel Mods.
[quoted image]

Agree. I have those type mods and really happy with them.

1 month later
#4729 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone else really like the premium translite more than the pro? I might buy it from stern sep as I'm going for a HUO pro right now....

I agree. Switched to prem translite for my pro. Is was like $100 from Stern. Did not like the pro one.

#4736 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno. We had a Pro on the route and then got a Premium, and I can't get the image out of my head that Eddie is a drum major in a parade of weirdos on the Premium translite. It's the way he's holding that scepter with his mouth open like he's barking orders.

I hear you . Even with that drum major Eddie I still liked it better than the pro. I also have custom apron with lit pharaohs so it matches better.
Delt 31, forgot to mention Stern charges $25 to ship a poster roll. Crazy. Hopefully they are still avail on Stern site if you want one.

1 month later
#4965 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You could trade it for my pro translite.

Quoted from finnflash:

You could trade it for my pro translite.

Another option is the custom mummy one. It looks pretty good. Was for sale on eBay and suits the premium cab.

1 year later
#7383 3 years ago

That’s way better and eliminates the hunched over effect. Thanks.

1 month later
#7560 3 years ago

First I mounted mine the same as Apremium. The figure started to lean forward and hunch over.

Next I tried a Pinsider suggestion to lean his knee in the habitrail and use hot glue for his feet. That worked for awhile but raise playfield caused glue to come loose.

Finally I mounted his left food with pop bumpers crew (linger screw)and knee supported by habitrail.

39F7EC49-1745-42B3-9E27-49C784B4A5AF (resized).jpeg39F7EC49-1745-42B3-9E27-49C784B4A5AF (resized).jpeg58EF9D75-4F7B-4214-A011-B8863FC1088C (resized).jpeg58EF9D75-4F7B-4214-A011-B8863FC1088C (resized).jpeg9C7C9A3E-56B6-4F11-811C-55FF9DA46609 (resized).jpeg9C7C9A3E-56B6-4F11-811C-55FF9DA46609 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#7982 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m having the same issue with a bulb that keeps going off and on in the left in lane closest to the flipper. It’s annoying as hell. Every time the ball hits the slings it flashes on or off. Tried pulling the spring many times so I’m gonna try the solder dab and see if that works.

Same problem here.

6 months later
#8835 2 years ago

Any ideas on where to get a -15 plastic without buying the whole replacement set?

1ED2A1F2-94E1-4A18-8281-EC3503658049 (resized).jpeg1ED2A1F2-94E1-4A18-8281-EC3503658049 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8854 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

New to me IM Prem, 1500+ plays.
I have done quite a bit of cleaning and screw tightening to it already.
Not a fan of the translite. Anything else out there?
Any suggested mods (I'm going to get blades from Tilt Graphics and shooter rod and flipper bat toppers) for this game?
Not a great big fan of action figures.

Check eBay for alternative translight.

Pinmonk has some good playfield lighting mods ,quieter fan ,ect.

There are several orb mods out there.
Pinball life Plastic protectors. The one by the pops broke and you have to buy a whole new set of plastics to get that one needed.

Mezel mods had some products.

Flipper fidelity sound upgrade.

Some guys are doing ramp decals that look like stairs. Tilt amusement I think.

There is whole separate thread on mods for this game.

#8856 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you don't mind that it doesn't match as much, get the pro translite from pinball life. He can special order it for you. The Prem translite always made me think of Eddie as a drum major leading a parade. Not a fan of it.

I hear you on the marching band but I’m the opposite. Used prem translite on a pro.

I don’t like the robot Eddie.

2 weeks later
#8995 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Anyone recommend the 'Mezel Mods Pharaoh Plastic Protector' for the back plate? Or is this unnecessary? See link below...
https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-pharaoh-plastic-protector?variant=12353715241057

I have an extra one of you have not ordered yet.

#9003 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

No I haven't ordered yet..

If you want PM me and I’ll help you out.

I went with a colored one.

I went with the

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9007 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Thanks, but I never use colored plastics.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"eedb6973cd1b583b0a346529c291884560ea8c11-1627306887-1800"};
//]]>

I have a clear one that I’m not using because I installed the colored one.

#9008 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That looks great .

Thanks. I have the whole set.

They add a nice glow under the plastics.

#9020 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Why did you do that? Looks like a step backwards?

I prefer the look. Plus it matches my other protectors ... we all have preferences.

Step forward for me.

1 month later
#9183 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I was having some air all issues with my left ramp wireform, so I designed these. Made some extras if anyone needed the air ball protection with a little flair.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1250-tucson-pinball/05361-a-father-s-wisdom-iron-maiden-left-ramp-jump-guards

Near mod but I’ve never had this issue .

1 year later
#11935 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Metal:

Found a few old sets of side rails cleaning up
Will probably bring to Pinball Expo
[quoted image]

Nice to see those.

I bought sets of ride the lighting and
Ac/dc years ago ?

Have any separate maiden Pharoh backbox hinges for sale?

#11936 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Where do you get this topper at? Or is anyone selling one?
[quoted image]

Got one when they were offered by a Pinsider. Don’t think he’s making them anymore.
Nice topper but tends to lean forward .

#11937 1 year ago
Quoted from MJW:

Got one when they were offered by a Pinsider. Don’t think he’s making them anymore.
Nice topper but tends to lean forward .

Try a thread search and you might find the guy who made them to double check if he stopped production.

3 weeks later
#12005 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

We'll have a few of these maybe by late winter (February?). Guess this would be a tease then for this. Collab project with some friends, and my buddy who does painting on these kinds of figures just had twins, so waiting on that to settle down along my kiddo in the coming weeks =)
Doing two versions of her. The one on the right is a bit more on the video game promo art look.
[quoted image]

I might be in for that mod if you have a list.

Have a orb that glows from underneath lighting currently.

Pinsider was selling them . Works well.

2 weeks later
#12066 1 year ago
Quoted from craif:

Snagged a ramp from a premium and added it to my pro. Same mounting holes. Probably cost them more to have 2 different patterns cut.
[quoted image]

Interesting.
You just had a premium around and took it’s ramp ?

Do you have a part number ?

3 months later
#12708 1 year ago

Pinball life has prem /LE ramps in stock if anyone looking for.

Some pro owners have installed them on their machines.

4733B755-DC59-43C4-BB42-6C25764AB214 (resized).png4733B755-DC59-43C4-BB42-6C25764AB214 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MJW.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=MJW and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.