(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,592 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2024-03-18 15.28.14 (resized).jpg
IMG_4171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4165 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4167 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240316_162345 (resized).jpg
20240312_134332 (resized).jpg
20240312_172201 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240311_231711952 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240311_210431677 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240312_002728435 (resized).jpg
IMG_6312 (resized).jpeg
2024-03-09 19.26.49 (resized).jpg
2024-03-09 19.25.51 (resized).jpg
2024-03-09 19.27.12 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (5 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12271 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Not sure what else I’m forgetting

I play a premium at one of my favorite locations and pro at another favorite. By now I don't feel there is any difference that matters to me. But there is a mode that is only premium/LE called "can I play with madness" Have heard insider connected adds it but the game I play doesn't have it. Its fun so might be more important to you than the ball lock or underworld.

But I put a deposit down on a pro. I think this is one of the best examples of Elwin packing the pro with fun. Not all designers do ( looking at you Steve)

5 months later
#13197 9 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I am looking to get an easier pin since I’m fairly new to the hobby ; I like Iron Maiden music don’t love it but it doesn’t bother me ;

I have only played this on location and my favorite location has a premium and the location near my house has had a pro. I like the pro more and think it’s more friendly than JP and harder than GZ but it may be sk8balls best game to me

1 month later
#13662 8 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I think I need to lower my upper left flipper power. Post above the drop bank is bent!! Under 100 games. Oops

It really depends on your strategy. Do I nail the super jackpot or smack that post over and over.

#13741 8 months ago

I'm a pro defender in the pro vs premium debate and IMDN is a great argument either way. For your case, get the premium so you have no doubt.

1 week later
#13845 7 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Here’s a picture of how it’s lined up does this look correct?

It looks like it’s a little too far over to the left but maybe that’s how it’s supposed to be.

Is this adjustable?

Mine looks like that but I bet you can adjust it to be easier to hit. I have to mini flip to get the ball to roll towards the tip to be able to backhand. I usually use the right ramp to line that shot up or post pass.

2 weeks later
#14028 7 months ago

Looks like a spotlight bulb retaining clip

#14071 7 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

2025 is Iron Maiden 50th anniversary.
What kind of special edition do you think Stern will make?
And what enhanced code would be popular?

I don't know, but from this thread a newton ball mode would work well. Any time you don't get a hit on a newton ball you can hit the new action button and score it even if you miss.

Godzilla anniversary will be the next year so they got a whole thing going if they want. Of course IMDN only had 500 and they are hard to find.

STH vault on the way.

3 weeks later
#14190 6 months ago
Quoted from alto:

I have a hand truck that I can use to get the game into the house to the stairwell, but the stairs are a 180 degree turn type going down to the basement, so I can't use the truck down the stairs because the inner wheel will have nothing to stand on when the stairs turn, I realized this the hard way when trying to bring an old washing machine up the same set of stairs.

I have a similar problem but a 90 turn on a tiny landing that cant handle both the game and the dolly. So I take it out of the box. use moving blankets and shrink wrap on the back and bottom and slide it down the first set of stairs. standup rotate and tip over and slide down coin door first. I put heavy blankets at the bottom and slide it flat then standup.

I do this with my 100 lb daughter and the shrink wrap keeps it from sliding fast. The only think I need my daughter for is extra hands while tipping it down coin door first in case I screw up. Did the last 5 or 6 games this way so I only need my buddies for going up.

Going up takes more gymnastics so I usually remove the head on SPIKE games to give room to turn the game.

#14240 6 months ago
Quoted from alto:

You didn't account for these factors:

Ok, I will stop complaining about my stairs.

Maybe dont buy System 11, WPC or SAM while relatively new. Spike is the best option for your situation. I find removing the backbox to be easy and the playfield not technically hard, just heavy/awkward.

Never took any of the other modern pins apart.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=KJL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.