(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,800 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hdmike444.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3048 5 years ago

Ok so I am picking up a nib premium tomorrow or Thursday depending on time. What are must haves as far as protectors and anything that may better the gameplay. I’ll work on deco mods soon but want the things I should definitely should have on order ASAP.
Thx

#3050 5 years ago

Ha ha that’s funny I actually already have that sitting in a box at my house the only mod I bought so far

#3055 5 years ago

My premium is due in later today! Can’t wait.
What is the vinyl record/cassette?

#3056 5 years ago

Also who makes plastic protectors for maiden now, hoping for some colored ones maybe. And I don’t see shooter lane protectors from cliffy yet, any options? Also is the Pharoah protector a must, I’m assuming so.
Anything else I need to order. I have blades, colored tree mod, shaker coming, will definitely switch to titan rubbers just need to figure out colors.

#3064 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Delivered today as well. Just finished a couple hours ago setting it up.
Its rainin' Maiden hallelujah!
Opening the box kinda felt like that scene in Creep Show when the sarcophagus is being uncrated by the nerdy college dude.
Few more small mods to go but shes already looking good.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, I’m loving mine! Waiting for more mods to ship and on the hunt for a few more things.

#3071 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Same here. Waiting on Virelands lens tree mod, and a shaker motor (rev. C) specifically, along with a couple other small mods.

I installed mine the other day and the shaker today. Love this game.
Has anyone gotten more than one ball in the left ramp path th sarcophagus lock? I somehow got two during Multiball and it went through ball search several time but wouldn’t find it there, I had to remove the glass after the game ended, even in coil test mode it doesn’t lift it long enough to let a ball out. Works fine normally, I’m just surprised this isn’t part of ball search.

#3078 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm currently working on an RGB globe for the Clairvoyant figure but need to know which wires coincide with the current light board LED colors and power under the Clairvoyant plastic. Currently there are 4 wires: 2 red, 1 green with orange stripe, and 1 blue with orange stripe.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t know the answer but I’m also making a mod for myself, do you know where to buy those specific connectors and or what size they are, pins, and wire size? I want to make a splitter for it, unless someone already does?
Any help is greatly appreciated

#3086 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

On the fence about this game, all - Is there a post with suggestions on how to optimize the game setup?

I just bought this game, sold the Lord of the rings to get it and don’t regret it one bit this game is fantastic

#3096 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Got it figured out as I found the schematic in the manual. Green is indeed green, blue is blue, and the reds look identical so it's a matter of testing them to differentiate which is power vs. red. Got it squared away!

I am working for a mod on this as well and there is actually a red wire and a read with an orange stripe if you look closely I do not remember which one goes to the red Led

#3106 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I think everyone who has the newton ball wishes they didn't have one!

Not tru, I love it
Mine work perfectly!

#3200 5 years ago

Just made an orb mod, I like it better than the plain plastic
Not sure how to upload a video from my phone

Waiting for more stuff for a couple more additions

Love this game!

87007423-1CB2-4E34-A488-C9442C838D9C (resized).jpeg87007423-1CB2-4E34-A488-C9442C838D9C (resized).jpeg8ABE04E3-8E58-47A5-B01D-218860A19F90 (resized).jpeg8ABE04E3-8E58-47A5-B01D-218860A19F90 (resized).jpegA2D25CE5-78C7-45D4-8B41-4CCAFCC1FBA7 (resized).jpegA2D25CE5-78C7-45D4-8B41-4CCAFCC1FBA7 (resized).jpegA61FA4EA-5EBA-4D39-9D19-441CA1134E2C (resized).jpegA61FA4EA-5EBA-4D39-9D19-441CA1134E2C (resized).jpegA941AB4B-8F71-46D8-AAAF-A5E885EC0473 (resized).jpegA941AB4B-8F71-46D8-AAAF-A5E885EC0473 (resized).jpeg

17DE90A4-ACED-4A6A-85F3-AFE217FFEA11 (resized).jpeg17DE90A4-ACED-4A6A-85F3-AFE217FFEA11 (resized).jpeg3D3A2DE9-E578-410B-8C88-4495C7D56861 (resized).jpeg3D3A2DE9-E578-410B-8C88-4495C7D56861 (resized).jpeg
#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Do you have a decent amount of time to get the adjustment right before the lock tite dries? Blue isn’t the strongest lock tite so if the newton assembly had to be taken apart it still could without damaging anything right? I’ll look into it definitely. Is it possible to install a lock washer of some kind to keep the pin from loosening up? I guess I’ll wait till I see it for myself before assuming anything. I messaged Stern about the new pins. Thanks Who Dey

I just got my game a few weeks ago and it had the new pins. Played great out of the box until last night, then I ran into issues. I think I have it solved though. I posted in the Iron Maiden issues thread.
Good luck! I love this game and think the extra features are well worth it!

#3215 5 years ago

Me too, and does anyone know what’s available for apron cards?

#3224 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I've thought about that. It's sure good looking, but not 3D, is not cheap, and sound activated-only. These are interactive. Aces High ordered.

Aces high is at least 3D the other is plain. Unless it’s absolutely amazing when in use it’s a pass.

#3255 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I just added this topper from TiltTopper to my Iron Maiden. It's cheaper than the Stern version and I think it looks great.
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/12/12/mods-twilight-zone-and-iron-maiden-topper-install-tilttopper-video/
YouTube Video : [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now that’s a great looking topper, especially for the premium. Are they still available?
I might have to move my game room around just to fit it

#3261 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Contact TiltTopper and see if any more are available
[email protected]
http://www.tilttopper.com/contact.html

I emailed them a little while ago

#3313 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It doesn't look good in my opinion (which is why I didn't sell them like this). Especially with the bars left in the speaker plate holes and the factory speaker plates making the lit holes off center in the grill area (not as noticeable in this picture since the room lighting is off).
This is not one of my light kits, but my Type 10 light kits (SPIKE 1) can be modified or creatively mounted to work in SPIKE 2 games. I could have had these listed on my website the day after Batman 66 was announced (and some users did buy my Type 10 Speaker Light Kits to do this), but instead I took the time to design a light kit to light the entire grill area.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image]

I ordered what I needed for the yo dawg lights today
Can’t wait I think it is by far the best looking speaker light application for the new sterns

#3351 5 years ago

Installed my yo dawg light kit. Love the way it looks on the game! Thx Doug

8C81F42F-4E0C-4567-8D15-A594F83F1012 (resized).jpeg8C81F42F-4E0C-4567-8D15-A594F83F1012 (resized).jpeg
#3358 5 years ago

I have the pinball life one one like it much better than the stern. I have it on minimal use and feel it’s perfect. My ghostbusters LE had the factory stern one and I felt it was too much. My .02 cents

#3367 5 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

Merry Christmas pinheads just install tilttopper looks awesome
[quoted image][quoted image]

I can’t wait to get mine, ordered last week. I agree they are the best especially for the premium. How tall is it? I never checked before ordering but either way I’ll make it work.

#3418 5 years ago

I installed the stern ones dry, I did remove the playfield. It was a snap to install. Just tape them in place from the top, when in the right position start at the front and peel half the backing off and apply, then untapped peel off the rest and install. It took longer to take the playfield out. I love the way they look!

#3427 5 years ago

Does anyone know if there’s a plastic protectors set that has a piece that protects the plastic over the skill shot target. I like the yellow ones I’ve seen but no one seems to sell a full set, like pinbits does.

#3441 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Little Shop of Games has a 9 piece protector set that's clear and it includes the skill shot your asking about. I put it on my game, then bought the yellow ones with the cutout in the middle for the slings and return lanes. What I do when I see something I want

Thx, I ordered from little shop of games last night. Immediately after ordering I got a confirmation but was charged for express shipping, is this the only option? I sent an email 3 minutes after I ordered and never heard back and I was going to call today after work but got an email at 1:30 saying shipped, so I called and was told by the kid I talked to it was too late to edit. Not sure if this was the only shipping option but if so it is a little bit much. I was going to do the same and order the yellow pop plastics and cutout yellows as well. Happy I’m getting them, just wish there was a better ordering process.
Live and learn

Anyway thx for the heads up

#3462 5 years ago

I like it on the Le but it definitely would not look good on the premium

#3534 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We can hope. It's still a little buggy, and it's been quite a gap since 1.05.

Maybe I’ll be able to download the new code as I’m still running 1.01
Still can’t load anything newer, my computer won’t let me.

#3538 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your computer doing to prevent it?

Just keeps saying can’t load
So frustrating

#3546 5 years ago

I’ll get back on the computer later tonight and try it and post what is going on to see if someone can help me out

Thx to all

#3608 5 years ago

I think a lot of people really summed it up the pro is a great game but the extra featuring the premium are well worth it in my opinion. I’ve only had to adjust my newton ball once and the auto plunge twice. I have spent way more time adding mods because I’m obsessed.
You won’t regret premium if the extra dough isn’t a problem.

#3633 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Do you have any plans to do pop bumper protectors as well? I ordered the ones from Mezel mods but the color doesn't match yours (and I like yours better).

Same...I’d be interested too

1 week later
#3701 5 years ago

Here’s a link to my thread for the orb mod I am making

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-orb-mod

684FA658-2AB1-46B8-9F8E-529568D53AC4 (resized).jpeg684FA658-2AB1-46B8-9F8E-529568D53AC4 (resized).jpeg
#3726 5 years ago

Ok so I have a shop set up with my orb mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1172-hdmike-mods/02221-iron-maiden-orb-mod

8B370924-56B7-46CB-804F-BD76F36C69BE (resized).jpeg8B370924-56B7-46CB-804F-BD76F36C69BE (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#4110 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Someone tell me I am not nuts .....
Went to an arcade to try out some new pins - mostly Munsters.
Maiden was not on my radar at all, but I but a few quarters in the Premium and kept coming back to it.
Is this one of the best new Sterns or not?
Not a huge fan of the music, but not a hater.
Art package and layout are awesome - really fun game.
Thinking of getting a premium -
Any non-Maiden fans have on in their collection?

I was not a maiden fan, I knew a few songs but now that I have the game I love it and the music has really grown on me.
Such a great game!

#4111 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks! It's cool on the Pro, but the MOTION on the Premium/LE lock makes the 3D Anubis really pop. I can watch it over and over. The pre-order list is already long, and that's great! Should be shipping them in about two weeks. I've been printing for a while already on all my machines at once, but since it's a small extruder with small layer height for very nice detail, the daily yield is small.
I eventually want to get most or all of that back into 3D like it should have been for the Prem/LE from the start, but I'll tackle it piece by piece and see how it goes. Working on the next piece now.

Oooh! What’s the next piece?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hdmike444.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=Hdmike444 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.