(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,646 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by vikingerik
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hawks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8996 2 years ago

Yet to play a better game than Maiden
Are Stern producing only pro models OR are more premiums being made?
Having owned both, the premium is definitely the way to go!

#9000 2 years ago

Excellent will do, thx!

8 months later
#11183 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

No, this (link attached below) is the micro roller ball switch you need that is exchanged for the current standard micro switches in the trough of the sarcophagus mech.
I used to have the Premium, but now have the Pro. When I did have the Premium, I also exchanged for these micro roller ball switches and all the issues I was experiencing went away after making this change out. I believe there are 2 switches in the sarcophagus mech trough, so you'll need two of these. It's a mini PIA to loosen the mech under the pf and make this change out, but very much doable.
The game was originally designed to have these roller ball switches in the sarcophagus mech, but at the time of production, Stern changed to standard micro switches for some reason.
When these switches are not registering well in the sarcophagus mech, all kinds of funky things can happen during gameplay that are very annoying. This has been reported over the years both in this thread as well as in the "Iron Maiden Issues" thread, which can also be referenced.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5119-02
Hope this helps.

Do these micro switches need wires soldered to them, I’ve never done any soldering before

#11185 1 year ago

Thx ChipScott, terrific write up and detail

7 months later
#12055 1 year ago

Just played a couple of games on IMLE and noticed that when I collected tomb treasure the ball just rolled on top of the sarcophagus and sat behind the bit of plastic (on top of the sarcophagus mech), until a ball search activated and the mech moved jarring the ball loose
I haven’t played the game in ages and was curious to know if that’s a bug or the intention

#12057 1 year ago

Thanks for your reply post, I just inspected my playfield and the plastic deflector is upside down
I’ve turned it the right away around and the now ball just rolls on down as nature intended, cheers bud

7 months later
#13366 9 months ago

I’ve heard that this run is the final one, Maiden will then be archived
Been a great 5 year cycle

1 month later
#14024 7 months ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Awesome.
42 votes now, just 8 to go!

Quoted from visualmagic:

Awesome.
42 votes now, just 8 to go!

At 44, getting close now, enough time to add 6 more for tomorrows top 100 update

1 month later
#14264 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's been talk of issues with the maiden passage behind the anubis to the ball lock on the prem/le catching the ball on the switch so it won't complete the trip, sometimes to often leaving the ball stuck behind the playfield. After taking it apart, I think it's just a case of sloppy engineering.
On mine, the switch is catching because it's dragging on the left side (from the back) of the channel cut in the plastic for the switch.
[quoted image]
Stern has added a spacer, but it's not enough. The switch is nowhere close to centered in the hole.
[quoted image]
There are only two nuts to remove to free the switch and get it moved over.
[quoted image]
In the end, I 3D printed a spacer to stack with the Stern one and put it back together.
[quoted image]
Problem solved.
It's a very simple shape, just a square with two screw holes if you have the means to make and print it yourself. If you don't have a printer, I'm going to put the spacer in the pinmonk store for $0.00 so you can add it to any order for other things and I'll just send you one with your order if you want to fix your maiden in the same way.
Here are the screws you need to remove to get this channel out to fix it:
[quoted image]
This is what the spacer looks like:[quoted image]

Most excellent post, I’ve had this exact same issue, made myself the same fix as you have, yet I still occasionally get the ball stuck behind Anubis
I’ve removed the tilt mechanism, so I just shake the machine to release the ball into the sarcophagus
Any other tips to eliminate this issue completely?

#14266 6 months ago

The switch arm is dead centre, probs not wanting to adjust the arm height, but I’ll increase the pitch of the playfield to be a little steeper
I generally leave all my games with the leg levellers flush, I’ll increase the back legs to be a bit higher for Maiden though
Thx for the tips!

#14276 6 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

I didn’t end up putting mine where the original switch was but I found a good spot parallel with the exit of the ball trough that registers for me 100% of the time. Highly recommend the switch for anyone having issues. It’s adhesive backed and comes with the connector installed so you just have to unplug the old one, stick this in your preferred spot and plug it in. Super easy and you don’t have to worry about the ball getting stuck ever again.

Awesome, could you tell me what the switch is and where you purchased it from?
Thx

#14297 6 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Iron Maiden is by far the pin that I have to tinker with the most out of all my other modern sterns. It’s crazy the amount of time I’ve put into getting it playing right.
- Countless times adjusting the sarcophagus newton ball
- replacing the switch in the upper ball trough to an MRS switch.
- Adjusting the shooter rod and ball launch guide rail for proper manual plunges
- Messing with the auto plunge for days to get it to be consistent with launching the ball. Eventually after lots of trial and error with the forks AND replacing the coil with a more powerful one it’s 99% perfect and predictable.
This is all with a most recent build. They have had years to fix this stuff and just don’t care apparently.

Sorry, but what exactly is an MRS switch? I’ve tried googling an image, but can’t seem to find it
I’m having intermittent issues with the upper trough switch on my Maiden premium and would love to have it working 100%
With thx

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hawks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=Hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.