(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 minutes ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrMark12PA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2859 5 years ago

Just set my premium up out of the box and the left upper flipper rubber was cut for some reason. I typically replace all black rubber in my new games regardless so was wondering if people can give their recommendations on color they've used and show some pictures.

#2866 5 years ago

Can someone point me to a rules write up? The playfield isn't very intuitive (or maybe it's me!) But I'm trying to understand how the song selection works in conjunction with the playfield song inserts or if they're related at all. After playing several games after set up, I was able to light up several of the song inserts but have no idea how I did it haha
Also, how does the center eye take the beating of a metal ball hitting it over and over?

#2891 5 years ago

After playing several games now after initial setup, I'm wondering what owners are doing about the glare at the top of the playfield. I've noticed I have trouble seeing the upper left flipper due to the glare from the display and the translite. I tried putting a bent plastic on it from one of my other pins but that didn't do anything since the plastic doesn't extend far enough.
I'm wondering about getting the antiglare glass and if so, where?

#2931 5 years ago

Looking for opinions on lighted flipper buttons on the premium. I'm trying to decide on what color might complement the game best before PinballLife order.

#2945 5 years ago

1) I'm looking at ordering some Mylar instead of using any Cliffy or other protectors on this game. What areas have owners been protecting and with what products? My games don't see heavy usage. I haven't looked at the playfield yet to see what factory installed Mylar is already installed.

2) I'm putting together my order for new rubber rings but wondering if there is a difference between the PinballLife silicone rings and the Titan rings. I have some left over Titan but have order for shaker, etc with PinballLife so thought if the colors were the same to just place the 1 order with PinballLife if I could use my Titan leftovers with the PinballLife rings. I would like to use the translucent but they don't come in all the needed sizes it would appear.

3) when ordering post sleeves for IM, do I order Stern slim or standard? On Titan kit database I see conflicting use of both.

#3005 5 years ago

In the middle of installing speaker lights and having brain dysfunction and can't remember for sure where the ground strap attaches (which I removed on the right side and maybe didn't need to?) Could someone send a picture of their premium right speaker area for where the ground strap attaches?

15425741897515716737095767678786 (resized).jpg15425741897515716737095767678786 (resized).jpg
#3007 5 years ago

Anyone have a Pinball Life shaker installed on a premium? I installed mine set to Maximim usage and it seems quite weak compared to my Kiss or ACDC shakers.

#3011 5 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

What shaker do you have in the other machines?

I have PBLife in Kiss and. Acdc

#3039 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Also holding either flipper button for instant info doesn't work with the ball in the shooter lane, yes I know that's when you're selecting a song but you could still do it, that's the time I use that function mostly on other games.

I've noticed this issue as well on my Premium. It clearly says to hold the flipper button but that just changes your song selection between balls so this must be a bug.

#3045 5 years ago

Just on a whim, I added the logo that came with the Trooper figure. I twisted the pole that it comes with and made a "U" around the spotlight post under the washer and screw. I have yet to add some silicon to the logo end of the pole so the logo stays put.

1543299278795672521735072492684 (resized).jpg1543299278795672521735072492684 (resized).jpg15432993007502075235488495033562 (resized).jpg15432993007502075235488495033562 (resized).jpg
#3074 5 years ago

I'm currently working on an RGB globe for the Clairvoyant figure but need to know which wires coincide with the current light board LED colors and power under the Clairvoyant plastic. Currently there are 4 wires: 2 red, 1 green with orange stripe, and 1 blue with orange stripe.

20181202_225010 (resized).jpg20181202_225010 (resized).jpg20181202_225039 (resized).jpg20181202_225039 (resized).jpg
#3095 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Look at the RGB LED board under the plastic and you can see which wire is power, and which go to the individual colors.

Got it figured out as I found the schematic in the manual. Green is indeed green, blue is blue, and the reds look identical so it's a matter of testing them to differentiate which is power vs. red. Got it squared away!

#3097 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I am working for a mod on this as well and there is actually a red wire and a read with an orange stripe if you look closely I do not remember which one goes to the red Led

I did see in the manual it says red/orange for the red LED and red for power but both of my wires were solid red. It was easy to figure out which was power as I just went into the DIAGNOSTICS menu and turned on the globe LED for green or blue while testing each red and this easily pinpointed which was power.

1 week later
#3249 5 years ago

Just added the cyborg figure to premium. I took the bracket off original figure and drilled it into back of aftermarket figure. The trick was positioning his legs in a decent manner as I know another Pinsider had cut his legs down to fit.

20181216_211200 (resized).jpg20181216_211200 (resized).jpg20181216_211205 (resized).jpg20181216_211205 (resized).jpg20181216_211214 (resized).jpg20181216_211214 (resized).jpg
#3252 5 years ago

Just need some advice to make sure I'm ordering correct bulbs but are the spotlight bulbs (with the chrome plastic cone) a 5v 555 bulb? I have some previously ordered wedge style bulbs but they only light 2 of the 8 SMDs and dimly at that if at all. I thought these bulbs are the oversized wedge and thought they were 12v but Pinball Life said they are 5v.

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That looks really great! Where did you get the cyborg figure from?

It's another aftermarket Eddie. Cyborg is a bit expensive compared to the others.

#3265 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

but I mean where can you find that thing, I'm seeing it for $200! that can't be right, can it?

Yes, that's the one. If you're lucky you can find one close to 110 or 120

#3276 5 years ago

I'm still trying to figure out some of the game rules based on the game instructions previously written up but I'm not quite clear on a few game points.
1) When the game says "Shoot the sarcophagus!", what is the exact target? I'm confused if that's the stationary ball above M-U-M-M-Y or hitting the left ramp that loops around.
2) to get one of the tree inserts to light solidly, do you have to complete the mode or just start the mode? It seems that some of the modes it stays solid just for starting the mode, others you have to progress.
3) I'm unclear on the 4 Eddie inserts and what exactly completes them. I know Trooper you start Trooper multiball but I still am unclear about what "completes" this

I wish that Stern would publish a more complete set of rules for games because it's confusing to try to figure these games out at times for completing modes and advancing. I usually try to go for mode completion vs. points when I play.

#3302 5 years ago

Does Maiden have a magnet anywhere in the playfield? I don't see one in manual but I could swear there are times the balls spin off in directions not expected other than with magnet use.

1 week later
#3430 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed the Mummy Eddie insert (as well as the other 3 card inserts) is light blue which makes changing the color very difficult? I know the mod is for sale to color the cards, the modes, and the orbit comet but I've tried using a yellow gel for the mummy card but it turns green and there isn't a definitive way of getting a true yellow because of the blue tinted to the insert. Any input on this?

1 week later
#3564 5 years ago

I agree that I don't see a lot in the 1.06 update that really seems to be a major game changer unless I'm missing something in the notes...

#3570 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Agreed. Just played two games on our LE after update. Game sounds better for sure. Nothing much else noticeable.

Would the sound on the Premium improve as well presumably?

1 week later
#3715 5 years ago

Does anyone have a high resolution picture of the Pro and or LE translite they could send to me? I'm trying to make a custom beach towel to cover my Premium playfield when not in use but can't find a picture online with high enough resolution for like Snapfish or Collage.com for the size. I had previously just taken pictures of Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper with my camera to get a higher resolution to make beach towel covers for these as well which worked nicely.

2 weeks later
#3790 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I was thinking this last night when playing and was going to post, didn’t know it was a flasher. I’ll have to pay more attention

That's funny I just read this because last night I was thinking the 1 of the 3 bumper lights was out too but then finally realized it is a flasher tied to the bumpers....

1 week later
#3850 5 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Had the same thing on a machine manufactured in July, unboxed in January.

My left upper flipper rubber was broken as well! I was going to replace it with a different color anyway but thought it was weird out of the box it would already be broken... strange that multiple persons have reported this.

2 weeks later
#3988 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Finally got Eddie straightened out. Forgot whose post the idea came from but thanks! It’s the only mod my sons immediately saw and screamed “Badass!”
[quoted image]

Could you share details on how you did this? It looks fantastic

1 week later
#4009 5 years ago

2 rules questions:

1) to complete a POWER mode, you have to hit enough of the spinners, orbits, ramps, targets, and bumpers but then once you have hit the needed number (shown on the left side of display), do you just hit the orb to complete the yellow triangle insert for that POWER mode? Can you complete the needed hits for more than 1 (ie say you hit enough spinners, bumpers, and targets) and collect all at once with a single orb hit? Also, do you continue to collect the POWER hits during battle modes and in multiballs?
2) to complete mummy multiball mode, once it has started how many times do you need to hit switches for each letter to be lit up? From what I can figure out, it looks like 10 switches then hit captive ball>letter M, 20 switches then hit captive ball>letter U, 30 switches then hit captive ball>letter M, 40 switches then hit captive ball>letter M, 50 switches then hit captive ball>letter Y, hit bullseye center target and you get the Mummy Eddie card?

#4022 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

1: yes and combining it drives big points but if you lose the ball you lose the points! yes you are always collecting etc for when in cyborg.

Do you know the number of ramps, orbits, spinners, bumpers hits needed to complete each power mode? So my understanding is if I have completed all the hits needed for 1 or even 4 of the modes, just 1 hit of the orb collects all of them that currently qualified?

#4026 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

It's displayed on the left side of the screen

Just wondering if this number is listed other than the display as I'm trying to update the rules sheet I have downloaded and modified with greater detail. I could just start a game with glass off but was hoping there is another reference online for the exact number of hits for some of the ruleset without having to manually compile these details. I know the display shows it but not until game starts and sometimes it's hard to look up while playing to keep track of where you are and how close to completing a mode.

#4042 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

At the start of the game, you need:
40 spinners
8 ramps
20 pops
12 targets
10 orbits

Just played a few games tonight and noticed that at game start the numbers on the left start out in Gray. Once you have made the number of shots then the numbers turn to Yellow. Once you complete that number again then you are able to collect the triangle insert. I thought that you only needed to hit that number of shots one round but apparently it's hit the number of shots to qualify for the yellow and then hit it again to qualify to hit at the orb. Does that sound correct?

4 months later
#5093 4 years ago

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain what an opto eye is and where it's located?

1 year later
#7199 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Of course. This is a given.
But as long as that's the case, you can't overheat the coils from leaving them on hold, even for a good length of time.

I've actually seen a transistor I believe go bad as I was playing a friend's Tron before I bought my own and we were talking the rules while I was holding the flipper and after probably 5 minutes it burned out.

1 year later
#10192 2 years ago

So basically this update really doesn't have anything significant for LE/premium owners that is worth taking the time to do from what I can see...

1 year later
#13180 10 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The figures are from the Legacy of the Beast blind box set and the Pharaoh one is probably the hardest one to find for sale (and usually the dearest). There was a guy from the US selling these on Ebay but it looks like his add is gone now.
This is what i did with mine >>>

How did you do the light up eyes? That looks awesome.

8 months later
#15385 69 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the stairs graphics and how were those applied? They definitely add a 3D quality to the ramps...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Trade
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrMark12PA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=DrMark12PA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.