(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,781 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 minutes ago by mattosborn
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brainiac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10950 2 years ago

Joined the club
I never had an interest in the theme. But after playing it on location it became my wife’s favorite pin to play.
So thanks to a fellow pinsider, was able to get it home.
Changing the speakers over so far . Music has grown on me

66858F53-9F8B-4512-B9BE-C51D22FE6876 (resized).jpeg66858F53-9F8B-4512-B9BE-C51D22FE6876 (resized).jpeg
#10970 2 years ago

PF pitch?!

IM has been at 8(!) when I got it and I can hit all the shots, but maybe not as much I could. I did lower it to 7, and my wife prefers the way that shoots better.

What has been peoples' go-to pitch settings? I've seen 6.5 reading though a lot of posts.

#10974 2 years ago

TY alot! Going to set it to 7 tonight.

#10980 2 years ago

Got intimate with the machine tonight,

-Lowered it to 7 pitch
-Leveled side to side.
-Installed quiet fan from pinmonk
-Sorted the autoplunger so it would work without bricking and make trooper multiball work like Lord Elwin intended. The autoplunger was rubbing against the guiderail when auto-launching the ball
-waxed with p21s
- changed the paper subwoofer (but really need an amp to make a difference)

Now it plays buttery smooth. And It’s awesome. TY for the input to get the most out of this machine!

3 weeks later
#11114 2 years ago

My issue was the autoplunger was rubbing against the side of the outer ball guide. I could see it rubbing when I moved the auto plunger with my finger.
Yours look close in the picture. Maybe it moved over a fraction of a mm when you changed the rod?

I tested it by pulling on the side of the guiderail with my hand while the ball was being launched. Watch them fingertips!

1 month later
#11337 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

So I've been flipping through all the old posts in this thread and found a number of possible fixes for my inconsistent shooter but none have helped. Has a definitive fix been noted?
I've tried:
Waxing the shooter lane
Adjusting the ball guide
Adjusting the shooter
Adjusting the auto plunger
Levelling playfield to within an inch of its life
What am I missing? Plunges are consistently inconsistent. Going high, then low, then high etc etc.
I've only owned my Maiden for a couple of months and absolutely love it, but geez the plunge is a let down.

I tried all those, but eventually I realized the right tine on the autoplunger just "barely" scraped the side rail. It was very fine, but it was the culprit.
The ball plunged fine when I used my hands to pull on the side of the rail away from the autoplunger (warning: the autoplunger will f* you up if it hits!o!), so I drilled a hole and put a screw there to keep the rail away from the autoplunger tines. I'm at 100% now auto and manual.

1 year later
#14002 8 months ago

After a year of having mods, I finally got into putting them in last week; shooter rod, "flipper stickers," orb light up sphere and colored lens tree for the modes...but did the color coding change on the game, or did I get some janky lens tree?

Pin monk's is color correct, but the one I have is not. I bought it over a year ago and don't have the label where it's from so I cannot recall the maker, and I didn't order it from pinside apparently.

#14015 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is yours installed upside down? If it's mine, that's a common error. Post a pic of the install and I can talk you through it if it's mine.

thanks. I don't think it is...but I'll take a look this afternoon.

Added 8 months ago:

Doh! Pinmonk you were right. It was upside down! I feel so dense. Thank you for the help!!

#14053 8 months ago

Got an IM pro for my wife couple years back. Finally got to putting IC in it.
Didn't realize there were so many 'achievements' on it. Definitely rejuvenates
the game trying to find more!

#14068 8 months ago

the ball hitting the upper flipper is typically, oddly, from the autoplunge teeth from hitting the side of the lane.
check for rub marks on it; ideal is the autoplunge teeth should NOT rub on the metal of the lane (right side).

#14087 7 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Oh, man! This is comforting - knowing that my pin isn't the only one with an interference issue involving the auto-plunger's kicker arm and the stainless ballguide that hugs the playfield's stability girder running up the right edge of the playfield!
My kicker, like yours, was rubbing on that fricking ballguide! The auto-plunger is VERY sensitive. It does NOT work right if it rubs on nearby objects! The ballguide can NOT be moved over to give the kicker more room, and neither can the auto-plunger assembly be moved over to the left. So, you really have to either remove the ballguide and plane its face down with a long bastard-cut file, or you need to deliberately tweak the kicker so that it clears the ballguide. The kicker should be perfectly vertical, so tweaking it left will make it lean a little and look odd. I also think it won't work quite as well this way, but it will work better than it will with the rubbing.

I tried bending, but the only way I could keep it vertical was by drilling a hole and placing a screw!

#14091 7 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Yours is a very good point! That rail absolutely MUST be vertical, but it sometimes isn't because that stupid girder it's attached to leans left! Are you telling me you drilled an additional hole in the girder and secured it with a long screw from the bottom of the playfield? Nice work if that truly straightened that girder to vertical!

I wish it were pretty! -_- Once I got 100% autoplunge, and left it like that!! (you can see the bite marks on the right of my pliers trying to get a bend that never came)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#14335 6 months ago

Got IM because my wife liked it on location. Never listened to Maiden, but I listened to all the rock bands that came after Maiden.
Now, Ozzy's Boneyard is the only station I have on when I drive, so my kids now all know Maiden, Metallica, GNR, Black Sabbath, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.50
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brainiac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=Brainiac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.