(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,813 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Apollo18
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bohdi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#937 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Hey everyone - I'm in the club today! Got a great deal on a Pro that was only used at MGC. Only played a couple of games so far (I'm working....), but it's awesome!

Congrats Chris! Can't wait to play one..

#954 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Joined the club today!

Congrats! LMK when your ready to sell..

10 months later
#4145 5 years ago

FINALLY joined the club, and it's been a long time coming. Best Stern I've played yet. Love this game. What are the must have mods and protectors etc for it? Side art blades vs side mirrors too is what I can't decide??

im1 (resized).jpgim1 (resized).jpgim2 (resized).jpgim2 (resized).jpg
#4149 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I'd say definitely the colored inserts that PinMonk sells.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/83#post-4904473
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod/page/6#post-4878886

I'm in the same boat. I like mirror blades, but I'm leaning towards the Stern art blades for this one.

Definitely going with the colored inserts, and I'm leaning towards the art blades. I've had mirror blades on pins before, but never the art blades. so may change it up. Plus I think they look sharp..

#4150 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The art blades from Stern are really nice for Iron Maiden. I would do those over mirror blades.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-iron-maiden-art-blades.html
Use the WET method to install them, though. Makes it so much easier...

Yep, these are the ones I'm leaning towards. These or the album covers blades. Easy to install I assume?

#4152 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you use the wet method, they're very forgiving to install and you have time to get them lined up just right. DO NOT try to install them dry.

Thanks, appreciate the tip

#4159 5 years ago

Guessing this a dumb question but, it's my 1st new Stern, and I'm at work now placing a order from PBL and I'm unsure of the flipper rubber size for the upper flippers. 2" or ?

#4161 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

The upper right flipper is standard size. Stern part #545-5277-00 for rubber. The upper left flipper is a mini flipper. Stern part#545-5207-00 for the rubber.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, only put about 4 plays on it so far in the 1st week, and just could not remember if the upper flippers were both mini or 1 of each. PBL only lists standard flipper rubber, and 1" mini, so I assume the upper left flipper is 1"

#4171 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Stern, via Chas, says that my playfield "meets our quality standards" and will not be replaced. No options were provided and no tips were given on how to level a warped playfield.
Wow... I am seriously at a loss here, everyone thought that they would give me a non-warped playfield... I am just haggard.

Well that just sucks. I personally would never buy another Stern if this happened to me. Hopefully you can work something out somehow

#4173 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

They are dead to me. What a joke of a company.
Might even sell my entire collection, fuck this hobby.

Yeah that's really horseshit IMO. Makes me 2nd guess my IMDN purchase in a huge way. Hearing some of these Stern horror stories makes me think I'll never get another. Really feel sorry for you...

#4217 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Just got the Laseriffic topper and lighted magnetic hinge covers installed. I think it looks pretty good![quoted image]

Those hinge covers easy to install? They look nice

#4219 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Thanks! I have them on my Metallica also and think they look great! It’s a much simpler install on Spike than it was on SAM... took < 5 minutes.

Was just curious how they install. This is my 1st new Stern, and haven't put on any mods, yet. Have the art blades and lighted flipper buttons on the way, and was gonna do these hinge covers next

#4221 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Still attempting to escalate at Stern and with distro. It's hard, nobody gets back to me, they all just hope that I will go away. Going away is what I'd love to do more than anything, but my love of pinball is proving stronger than I had imagined.
Waiting on a price for an unpopulated playfield.

DON'T give up whatever you do. They HAVE to take care of this eventually. Well, they better

#4236 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Well, after the mode tree
Also, the pop plastics look great
Honourable mention to the Stern side blades. Very well done
[quoted image][quoted image]

My Stern blades just showed up today. Hope to install them this weekend. Do they need to be almost completely flat, or can they be installed a bit wavy? I've only done mirror blades, so this is new to me.

20190404_153245 (resized).jpg20190404_153245 (resized).jpg
#4239 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

They will be fine as is. I got mine on very fast and easy by having a second person do the front while I lined up the back.

Did you do yours dry or wet? I'm doing these by myself

#4244 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wet install with soapy water and a squeegee/wallpaper tool to smooth them out and get rid of the excess liquid and you're golden. No need to wait for them to relax.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The waviness will mostly be in the backing paper but I still lay mine out for a few days first. Straighter is easier to manage.

Appreciate all the input everyone. Sure I'll be fine per usual. I'll flatten them til tomorrow just because.

#4245 5 years ago

Ok, another question for anyone that's installed the BriteButtons Flipper lights from PBL. Got those too today, and I'm not sure which "ticket" header connection I'm suppose to use on the coin door interface board in the the top left corner, the one on the left or right? Hate to use the wrong one and bleep it up. Sorry for the duplicate pic

20190404_162626 (resized).jpg20190404_162626 (resized).jpg20190404_162626 (resized).jpg20190404_162626 (resized).jpg20190404_162749 (resized).jpg20190404_162749 (resized).jpg
#4254 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Ok, another question for anyone that's installed the BriteButtons Flipper lights from PBL. Got those too today, and I'm not sure which "ticket" header connection I'm suppose to use on the coin door interface board in the the top left corner, the one on the left or right? Hate to use the wrong one and bleep it up. Sorry for the duplicate pic
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

bumping my own post because i'm still unsure which connection to use. Anyone installed these on their's?

#4256 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have these on mine... but am nowhere near the machine until later today, and I surely don't remember which one I plugged into. I will check when I get home and update this note then.

Much appreciated. Pretty sure i know, but want to make dam sure before turning it on. Thanks>>>

#4259 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

it has to be the left one. The connector for your mod looks like it has a wire in position 1 and position 3. There is no pin in position three on the low ticket header on the left. They didn't provide instructions with the mod or have it on their website? Also, I am going to assume your mod is 12v, if that is the case, it is definitely the left header as the low ticket header only has 5v.

They sent instructions. Just had one picture, and it was hard to tell because the setup was a little different. Since the writing on the interface board is upside down, does that mean i'm connecting the connector "upside" down with the wires coming from above? Hate to sound so stupid, but i'm so new to Sterns and mods in general

#4262 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The connector will only fit one way. In your pic, when you plug it in, the wires will be coming out of the connector on the top, if that makes sense.

Yep, makes sense. I'm just being stupid. So it must go on the left as your looking at it. Thanks

#4265 5 years ago

Lighted flipper buttons done, Annubis done, and blades done. Looks much better. Thanks all for all the info

20190405_172651 (resized).jpg20190405_172651 (resized).jpg20190405_172630 (resized).jpg20190405_172630 (resized).jpg20190405_172546 (resized).jpg20190405_172546 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4321 5 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

Just installed a Spitfire from Rods Mods and it really rocks!
By far the best of the model plane mods and well worth the extra $$ it's the only mod out where the propeller spins when the left ramp is hit.
Also has a cockpit light and wing lights.
I tried another plane mod that mounts on the right side and ended up taking it out. For one thing the connectors weren't attached properly and ended up falling apart. After inspecting them I realized that the gauge of wire was too big for the plastic clips. It's fixable but Jeez. I ended up putting a cool Egyptian Archway there from Mezel Mods.
[quoted image]

Love the archway too, been thinking about picking that up next. Looks good in pics, how good does it look in person?

#4383 5 years ago

Are there 2 different Orb mods? 1 that is interactive, and 1 that stays lit all the time? I found 1 for 20.00 and another for 46.00. Just curious what the difference is and which one people are buying.

#4385 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ours is wired to the game. The others I have seen are a plastic or 3d printed ball that sits on top of the existing flasher somehow. You have to move the flasher board I believe, but not really sure. Ours is an acrylic ball with an smd led inside on metal mount. For the pro, we can offer different color led options.
It's on our website, free shipping.

Yep, saw it on your website. The other was from 3D mods i believe? Just ordered the Pharoah blinder kit from you yesterday. I like your Orb mod better because of the different color options. Sure i'll be ordering the Orb mod and maybe more from you shortly. Just noticed too your prices are different on your website vs going through here and adding to your cart. Must just add the shipping to the mod price through Pinside.

1 week later
#4461 4 years ago

Finally got my Pharoah blinder kit installed last night. Wow, what a difference. I recommend it for anyone that doesn't have it already. Easy install too. Took a short video, but don't know how to add the YouTube video? Sure most know what it looks like but..

#4463 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You mean this...

Yepper. Someone PM me and tell me how to attach a YouTube video to a post..

2 weeks later
#4554 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I went pro and have no regrets.

Ditto here. Added how many mods already now, and still nowhere even near a Premium price. .

#4598 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

. I’m also not crazy about the orb mold. I like the purple color but I’d prefer something clear and bubble’d or cracked. I think ler makes a bubble’d one.

[quoted image]

I have the orb mod from Lermods and really think it adds a lot for not much really being there and going on. It's like a frosted glass and you can pick your color. I chose purple and love it. Breeze to install too. Think the interactive coffin lock mod is a must add-on as well..

#4609 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The Egypt topper looks really cool... But $400? It doesn't look that cool, unfortunately.

Yeah i tend to agree. The price just doesn't justify it. I'm playing the game, not looking above the backglass. Hell, i'm so busy playing multiball 1/2 the time that a rarely see the LCD monitor. I personally would rather add 400 in PF mods.

1 month later
#4938 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I’ve found with many years of playing , once you have learn the shot it comes easy every time ... it’s probably me , who knows , but squeezing thru those bumpers seems like luck to me , not skill

I find it to be more of a "lucky" shot myself also. I just have a HELUVA time hitting it, especially when i need to.

1 month later
#5142 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Check that the back of your playfield is level left to right. Anytime my plunge seems off, it usually is fixed with a simple leg adjustment

Hmmmm, never really thought of that. Didn't think a tad here or there would affect the plunge that much.

2 weeks later
#5294 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I tried both of the 2 Spitfire mods. I ended up keeping the Rods Mods one, since I think it looks cooler to have the spinning props, plus the place it mounts is far better if you have the Mezel arch installed (which I do).
I actually still have the Mezel spitfire and would sell it for half of what I paid.
I thought I got the flasher cover from Mezel also, not realizing it would be mostly a waste on my Pro, since that flasher rarely goes off on the pro. Looks really cool when it does, though, and would look REALLY cool on an LE/Premium where it goes off a lot more.

Does the plane interfere at all with the arch when there both installed? I've been wanting the lighted arch, and possibly a plane also. Not sure if i want or need both. Just that the from Rods is more expensive. But that was my thought like you did, get the one from Rods which mounts in the left corner, then the arch is free and clear and no clutter

#5296 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just to clarify, our plane can be mounted over any playfield screw mount, it does not just have to be over the right ramp. It’s ideal over the right ramp as it glows from underneath and illuminates the play field, but it can go back right or back left and the underglow lights can be disabled by not hooking them up if you choose.

So, if it was to be mounted in the back left, it can still be interactive if desired correct?

3 weeks later
#5449 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What do you mean by that? Can you explain a bit more?
Also, this is the upper right flipper. Do the lugs look ok? And could this be impacting the left lower flipper? I did hear this top right flipper making a slightly louder sound when flipping it, but it has gone away.
And finally, I took the under-ramp scoop out when trying to install the cliffy. Could something have come lose on that while it was dangling under the pf that would affect the flippers?
As far as I can recall I was not having flipper issues prior to this.
Thanks![quoted image]

Those solder joints don't look good. I personally would redo them. They look as old as the ones on my EBD. How many plays are on yours?

1 week later
#5532 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Having an issue with my auto-launch not making the full loop.
Half the time, the ball goes off the post, or hits the little upper left flipper.
Any suggestions on how to get it making the full loop consistently?

This has finally got this working for me, how long it lasts, don't know. I loosened the screw behind this black rubber post just at the end of the metal guide where the ball 1st enters the PF. Just loosened it and left it. Then set the auto plunge to 240. Setting 67 I believe. Have had no issues since.

20190924_151606 (resized).jpg20190924_151606 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#5553 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Just over 300

Christ, that's about what i have on mine, and mine looks nothing like that. That really is shame.

#5561 4 years ago

I've had my Pro since March, and have put on about 300 plays. NO IDEA why I just thought about it now, and then went and checked, but I don't have any attract mode? Looked under settings and didn't find any. What am I missing?

#5563 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

??
So what does it do when you arent playing it?

Nothing. It will say something if I hit a flipper, otherwise, all the lights are on etc. But no sound whatsoever

#5568 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

There isnt sound in attract mode (unless you push a button). It shows you how to play, some clips of someone playing a supreme, tour dates and high scores. You dont get these?

I get all of these. Just no sound unless I press a button. Believe I'm on 1.06 code?

3 weeks later
#5651 4 years ago

Where can I find a list of rubber ring sizes?

#5653 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

[quoted image]

Thanks. .

1 week later
#5692 4 years ago

Gonna be shopping out my IMDN this week. 1st time owning a pin with metal ramps. So, what are we cleaning the ramps with?

1 month later
#5844 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Never gets old watching Keith run in Fear of the Dark mode
Classic.

Funny i've never noticed. Maybe i'm not looking at the screen enough while playing?? Guess i'll have to pay more attention

3 months later
#6491 3 years ago

Ok, all this talk about how to score points and what shots to hit is always helpful to a newer player and some of the veterans. Here's my question, what's the key to hitting the right orbit? It's my hardest shot to execute and don't know why. Had mine well over a year now and have about 600 plays on it, and a high score of about 600M. But goddam, i just have a hard time with that orbit shot. Got my ramps down great etc, but not that dam orbit

#6493 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Figure out whether you are missing it to the left or to the right and adjust your shot accordingly. I find the shot to be pretty late on the flip, so if Im struggling to make it, I'll try what feels "extra" late.

I usually go very late on the flip, and typically it bounces off the upper right flipper or the guide, and if i go a bit earlier, i'll bounce it off the right ramp post. Can't find that fine line in between. Took me awhile to really get the ramp shots down, maybe it will just take lots more practice? May have to take a good look at it this weekend, maybe something in that right ramp, right upper flipper area is in need of a little adjustment

#6496 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Play a few games only going for that orbit and see if you can get a bit more consistency.

I was thinking the same thing. That's how i also got better on the ramp shots

Quoted from Gogdog:

Also make sure your flippers are aligned with the flipper bat alignment holes. If they are slightly above the holes, it would make things like the right orbit shot much harder.

I will definitely check the flippers. Thanks for the tips..

#6498 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Shooting the right orbit on the fly is a bit tricky so try trapping up and take a good aimed shot. This game allows you to post pass pretty easily so use that to your advantage. Are you using the original black flipper rubber? If so sometimes the tips get worn a bit so you should rotate them to get a nice surface again.

I have perfect play rubber on there now from PBL. Just completely went through it a couple months ago. New rubber, balls, clean/wax etc. It is a tougher shot on the fly vs trapping. Even when i have the ball trapped i'm having some difficulty. And i usually attempt the shot more with a trapped ball than on the fly. That's why it's so frustrating

2 months later
#6891 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

Just got this in and the mods are going on nicely...

I forget, who sells these ramp decals? I'm tempted again to get some

2 weeks later
#7056 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Here we go! Ball 1 over, starting EB now. Got 2 Eddie cards lit. Cyborg ready. 1 Eddie letter away from lighting my last mode to get to 2M2M. Is the Beast gonna happen??? Stay tuned![quoted image]

Looks similar to my game yesterday. Got extra ball on ball 1, 1 eddie card and 1 lit. Was almost to Cyborg MB. Got that on ball 2. Finished with my highest score ever. My extra ball was shit, and I drained my last ball by trying to be cute. Either way it was a dam fun game, and by far my best score on the opening ball.

20200729_150705 (resized).jpg20200729_150705 (resized).jpg20200729_151441 (resized).jpg20200729_151441 (resized).jpg

#7070 3 years ago

Have many of you IMDN owners installed the SpeakerLightKits from Doug? I recently got the Deluxe Kit, and may be installing them this weekend. Any tips or do's or don't when installing them?

#7075 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I watched a couple vids while I waited on my kit to arrive. The instructions on speakerlightkits were good though.
Watch "Pinball Mods # 62 : SPEAKER LIGHT KIT INSTALL : SPIKE 2 STAR WARS PREMIUM" on YouTube
Watch "Pinball Mod Install: Color Changing Speaker Lights by speakerlightkits.com" on YouTube [quoted image]

Thanks!

1 week later
#7169 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I watched a couple vids while I waited on my kit to arrive. The instructions on speakerlightkits were good though.
Watch "Pinball Mods # 62 : SPEAKER LIGHT KIT INSTALL : SPIKE 2 STAR WARS PREMIUM" on YouTube
Watch "Pinball Mod Install: Color Changing Speaker Lights by speakerlightkits.com" on YouTube [quoted image]

So, when you guys are installing these deluxe speaker kits, are you leaving the foam in or no?

3 weeks later
#7222 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

Does anyone feel like they have it REALLY dialed in to hit the right orbit when the ball is cradled on the left flipper? I seem to do better with that one in flow, with a little bounce even. I‘m reliable enough hitting the lower spinner with the ball cradled on the right flipper, but that right outer orbit is a devil.

Completely agree. When i have the ball cradled on the left flipper, it's typically a brick between the orbit and the right ramp. Have both L and R ramp shots down pretty good, but not that orbit dammit...

4 weeks later
#7386 3 years ago

I must of missed some posts here recently in the last few weeks. How the hell are some of you putting up these massive high scores??

#7449 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Question for pro owners-how easy is it to hit the jump ramp from the right flipper? Not sure if it's just a pitch issue (game is at 7.0 or so), but it seems like shots just barely make it to the target from the right. Shots from the left are fine though.

I have no problems hitting it when i have the ball cradled, but a moving ball it's a little harder. But i think it's fairly easy no matter what unless the ball it's just flying through the inlane. It's that dam right orbit shot is what troubles me....

1 week later
#7489 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

I have my pro for a few weeks now. What is a decent game for you folks? I can only get to 500m or so. Still havent got to 2 minutes to midnight, fighting the beast, and nowhere near run to the hills. Probably have 50 plays or so. I need to work on the ramps the most. I find the left ramp through the pops tricky.
Always fiddling with the set up. Get annoyed when the auto plunge strikes the upper flipper. Set up close to 7.0 now.

Had mine about a year and half. Don't play real often, but at least a few games per week. My HS is 785 million. Put up a low 600 mil, a few high 500 mil games and a bunch of 400 mil games. Had 2 occasions when starting ball 2 i was over 400 million already, and of course you know how the last 2 balls went

#7495 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Cyborg mball can be huge too, think my cyborg score alone is pushing 500mill. I don't just walk up and put up billion games every game btw lol

That's what I typically shoot for at the start of each game is to get to Cyborg MB. Get my ramps, spinners, orbits etc. Probably should have different goals from the start, but that's what i normally try to do. Wrong? maybe, but

1 month later
#7598 3 years ago

Got my speakerlightkits installed months ago from Doug. Just love them. Thought I'd post a pic finally. Well worth the $$$

20201120_161553 (resized).jpg20201120_161553 (resized).jpg
#7601 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looks great !! Are those custom or purchased mod ?

Not custom. Perfect add-on.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Really like how that color scheme looks .Do the colors rotate Or are they stationary ?Pardon for all the questions I like it a lot !

Colors rotate, can change the scheme etc. Full remote to do whatever you desire. Still haven't fully figured it out as to what all it can do. Just adds to the whole background. For 90.00 or so bucks, hard to beat

#7604 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I have lights like that on my MET, but I might need to look into that for the IMDN... your pic looks cool!

Thanks Chris. I would definitely pick some up for your IMDN. Hell, I'll come over and install them since I owe you a favor

1 week later
#7695 3 years ago

Anyone here with the interactive coffin ball lock mod from Lermods have any good pics they could post? Top of mine (mummy) fell off and I'm not exactly sure what angle he's suppose to be at when I reattach it. Thanks....

2 weeks later
#7742 3 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Congrats - such a great game!
Lockdown bar button?

That's what i was thinking too

#7857 3 years ago

Ok, this code update thing is all new to me as well. I don't even have a computer at home anymore that works since I have one at work I use every day. So I downloaded the update off Sterns site, and opened it. This is what it shows. When I get back to work on Monday with a SD card, how do I get the update to the SD card and do I just use the one in my machine with 1.06 code or get a new one? And how big if I go new? Not a computer nerd by far, so this software stuff is very foreign to me

20201223_083939 (resized).jpg20201223_083939 (resized).jpg
#7862 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

you don't need an SD card if you have a USB Thumb Drive. just extract both files, copy both to a USB Thumb drive. with game off, plug it into the USB port on the main center board in the backbox, then power on. game should automatically prompt you to update from there.

That's it huh? Just extract both to the Thumb/Flash drive and plug it in in the backbox. Can my Thumb/Flash drive already have files on it, or do i need a new/empty one? Just want to make sure.

#7879 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

When updating should I pick full or quick update? I couldn't tell from the readme file what the difference is.

Didn't even pay enough attention when i went to Stern to download the update. Is it the Read Me file or the other? Dam!

#7881 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Didn't even pay enough attention when i went to Stern to download the update. Is it the Read Me file or the other? Dam!

Need to know soon which code update i'm downloading, Read Me code or the other?? Won't be back to work til Monday and need it downloaded before i leave at 2. Please someone specify which one. Thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>

#7883 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

The other, the read me file is just what they updated

Just noticed that. Me Dumb!!!

#7911 3 years ago

For those of you who already updated, did you go into your settings and make some mental notes of some of your current settings before you updated? I like how mine is set up other than the update I'll be doing tomorrow. Just like to know how I had a majority of it set before it all changes.

#7914 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Before I do an update, I always go through the settings and take photos with my phone of every setting that isn’t listed as “factory default” (and also my high scores).
One thing to be careful of using this method is that because on IMDN the setting names flash on the screen, make sure the text is visible when you take the photo. Especially since the setting numbers generally change between updates as they add new settings.

Just curious too what settings are more important than others to most of you. Not that they don't all matter, but I just dont want to spend hours going through every single setting if need be but I might. Pic idea is good tho. Was planning on just a notepad and pen but.

#7966 3 years ago

Which USB port do I put the thumb drive in for the update? I notice there are 2 side by side behind the backglass. Thanks...

#7970 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I always use the left. It has arrows pointing toward it. I feel like when i tried it on the right it didnt even work.

Right side doesn't work. Says insert USB stick

#7973 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It shouldn't matter, but if neither recognize it, you need to use a different brand/model USB stick. Spike is pickier than it should be about USB sticks. Also make SURE you formatted it using FAT-32 and not ex-FAT or NTFS.

Neither side is working. Not sure what you mean by formatting using etc etc. Not a big computer/downloader guy. Have to get a new stick I'm guessing??

#8041 3 years ago

Any recommendations on what type and what size storage wise i need when purchasing a thumb/flash drive for my code update?

#8055 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have had my game a little over a year now and haven’t seen 3/4 of what the game has in it.
I suck at pinball.

Kinda same here. Had mine nearly 2 years now. Never had more than 2 Eddie Cards, might of had 3 once, but don't think so. HS is pushing 800 million. Get to Cyborg MB about every 4th or 5th game. Just can't get over the hump i guess. Always get that outlane drain when i'm a shot or 2 away from the next step

#8065 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Here is what I do when I want to explore the game, which is different than trying to score a lot points. Soft plunge to get the ball to the right flipper, rip Revive spinner. Get ball back to right flipper ASAP and rip the spinner again (my game takes 2 rips to light Revive the first time around). From there I focus on Mummy MB. I used to stack Mummy with other modes, no longer the case when playing for wizard modes. Start Mummy and focus on getting your 5 Mummy jackpots to secure Eddie card #1. From there start trooper (with or without a mode doesn't matter) as my focus is to get the super jackpot to get the 2nd eddie card. NOTE - Anytime I start any MB and I no longer have my Revive outlanes lit, I ALWAYS rip spinners during the MB ball save and I don't shoot for anything else. Getting Revive lit a second time is critical to getting deep in the game. After Trooper card is secured I work on completing Cyborg. I have my left ramp shot down to about 80% and all I do is shoot it, ski jump pass to the right flipper and shoot it again and again. I never try and shoot at the right ramp to complete the Power Ramps. Also, I never play out Icarus mode when going for wizard mode. Instead I focus on relighting Mummy MB while the mode is running to avoid cheap brick drains by shooting at the ramps. Give it a try!

I'll give it a try thanks. Revive spinner is probably my worst shot tho however. I'll practice it more. When I usually hit it it's not going through with authority so the spinner don't spin enough. Weakest shot for sure. Both ramps, center ramp, orbits I'm pretty good. Think I'll snug up the outlanes as well

3 weeks later
#8270 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

First game on the 1.0.8 update!
Very cool - noticeable improvements.[quoted image]

Played my 1st couple games last night on the new code as well. Haven't noticed a WHOLE lot of differences. is there a list somewhere of what was updated, or can someone post a list of the changes? Best updates i noticed so far in a couple games was the lightshow at the end of a ball and the new animations, can't even remember what modes i saw new animations?

2 weeks later
#8374 3 years ago

Had my best opening ball by far last night to start a game. Must of been at least a 20 min ball before it drained. Hands were just sweating. Got a extra ball on it of course so it turned out to be a 4 ball game, but still didn't crack a billion. And finally got to 2MTM. Have to admit I have no idea how I got there. Was frickin fun tho. Amazed I've had it nearly 2 years and this was the 1st. Guess I just don't play enough and don't dig deep enough on the rule set. Still the best pin out there IMO. And am loving the new code.

20210202_173257 (resized).jpg20210202_173257 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8453 3 years ago

I'd REALLY prefer an LE translite for my Pro. Is that even feasible? I'm pretty sure the LE's were glass, and not obtainable unless you bought an LE. Is this correct?

#8456 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You also have these 2 options:[quoted image][quoted image]

I'd be up for a Killers translite. Who has them?

#8458 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

The hint is in the watermark.

Wasn't even paying attention. Got it, Thanks!

#8459 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

The hint is in the watermark.

Anyone who's bought from them have an idea how long in terms of shipping since they're not in the states??

#8466 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:But Killers isnt Bruce

Don't matter, Killers is killer

1 week later
#8504 3 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

Are the right and left ramps really just that hard to hit? Lol! Man....
Been specifically practicing them and even when I really focus I'm like 1 for 10. Watching YouTube players go through Icarus like butter hits me in the feels.

I have the left one down pretty good. Still have a little trouble on the right one, but it's gotten a lot better. I too have some trouble with the upper left mini flipper loop shot. And what's the key in Flight of Icarus mode? i always fall apart when i get there. I shoot L and R ramp best i can but always come up short

#8506 3 years ago
Quoted from malklavious:

Just alternate left/right ramps to keep the Icarus combo going. The shout-outs will guide you: "To the left!", "To the right!", etc. or "No, your OTHER right!! muahahaa" (when you shoot the same ramp twice in a row).

That's what i do. Combo, combo combo. Well, i try best i can. How many dam combos does it take?

#8508 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think your trying to get as many as you can.

That's what i assumed. Was just curious if you hit a certain amount you actually beat Icarus in that mode. Still not 100% sure after having this pin for 2 years of what exactly i'm trying to do, SOME of the time

#8511 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

You need to get 20M from combos. First ramp is worth something like 2M, if you combo the next ramp it is worth 4M, combo a third ramp is is worth 8M, etc. The values increment slightly with each ramp hit as well. If the combo times out the value drop and stops doubling.
If you are on the newest code the center ramp will light and you'll be able to bail from the mode once you hit 20M.

Thanks! I am on the newest code to by the way, which i love. Think my biggest issue with the complete ruleset as a whole is, I almost ALWAYS play this title by myself, so i never have enough opportunity to see what's fully going on on the LCD display. I'm always following my ramps, spinners, orbits etc, but the rest is harder to follow IMO some of the time cuz your so busy playing, especially when in MB which is often

1 week later
#8546 3 years ago

Does anyone on here have the alternate Eddie KILLERS Translite from Retro Refurbs? If so i'd like to see a few pics. Still thinking about ordering one

1 month later
#8665 2 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

Well how about that? A little sanding fixed my machine I didn't know was broken. While I was at it, I added all the Pinmonk color screens and changed out a couple of the sling/outlane lights to red and the back wall from white to yellow/orange. Also changed the fan to a quiet one and did the lighted flipper button thing, though Pinball Life sent green buttons in a bag labeled orange.

I love the PBL lighted flipper buttons. I went with Purple on my PRO

2 months later
#8866 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

I haven't seen the LE translite, have seen the Pro translite, but did see the one on eBay, and saw one on RetroRefurbs (Powerslave theme) - I think I'm leaning for the Powerslave themed one.
Any other themed translites out there? I think I'm specifically asking for a Piece of Mind themed translite.

RetroRefurbs also has or had a Killers translite. I'm hoping my wife picked one up for me for my birthday next Tuesday

iron-maiden-killers-alternate-pinball-translite-backglass-flipper-display (resized).jpgiron-maiden-killers-alternate-pinball-translite-backglass-flipper-display (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9137 2 years ago

Having issues now with my lower right flipper sticking. Installed PBL lighted flipper buttons over 2 years ago and have had no problems until recently. It "feels" like it might be the button itself, but unsure. I've fiddled with the button numerous times and seems to work fine. Anyone also have issues, and what did you do to remedy the problem?

#9140 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is the flipper bat staying up? If so it's most likely the coil stop.

Yes

#9161 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Coil stop. 95% sure. New investor-driven Stern famously uses cheap ones with quality inversely proportional to the price they're charging for the machines. Lots of failures in the first few weeks of ownership. You're lucky yours lasted 2 years.
Fortunately it's an easy, cheap $5 fix from Pinball Life. Might as well do them both while you're in there...

For some reason i'm having a hard time finding these at PBL. Haven't been on there in quite some time, but shopped there plenty. Part #?

#9164 2 years ago

Thanks! Anyone confirm these are the correct ones??

#9166 2 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Yes, those worked fine for me.

Perfect.

2 weeks later
#9341 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Don't be. I've had this game since it came out and still not there! Haven't battled the beast either!

Me too. I've only had mine 2 1/2 years tho

1 week later
#9453 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Isn't it just the shooter lane and maybe the drain protector in a pro? Easy peasy. Take the apron off and you will see how easy the process is.

I believe you are correct. There are no scoops etc on a Pro

3 weeks later
#9750 2 years ago

Replacing coil stops only because i'm having issues with a sticky flipper. Clean coil sleeves or is that a waste of time? heard yes and no

3 weeks later
#9944 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Anyone looking to sell an Aces High topper? If you're thinking of selling your game, maybe sell the topper separately?? Please let me know

Awesome avatar. Love that flick

1 week later
#10198 2 years ago

Haven't been up to date on this thread for awhile. What is on the code 1.10? Is it worth updating on the Pro??

1 month later
#10544 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

My machine came in today! I can't wait to set it up and play! Meanwhile I have my crack security team guarding it!

You have Spud's Mackenzie as a guard dog! You must drink Bud Light. Congrats on the new pin. AWESOME game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Trade
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bohdi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=Bohdi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.