(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4132 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

seeing all the stock IMDN's at TPF I agree, without the lenses it just look crap.

Agree.
Just got our Pro home from TPF late Sunday night. First thing going on is the color inserts and headphone jack.
Then all the other cool stuff we got for it at the show.
Love this game.

#4140 5 years ago

Any custom rules cards for Maiden?
I checked all the usual haunts and nothing.

#4142 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Check out Mikonos here on Pinside

Will do.
Thanks

#4144 5 years ago

Luckily I found some great rule card art in the Iron Maiden mod thread.
While it looks like Mikonos is a great guy with a lot of talent all I could find was photos of his work from his computer screen.
Clicked on everything I could think of on his Zona web page but still could find nothing. Would have been happy to donate and download but could not find that either. After a half hour I just gave up and went with the ones from the mod thread that you can just right click and move on.

1 week later
#4279 5 years ago

Those do look awesome.
The red lettering is not as easy to read as the tan is though.

#4316 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The amount of times I've drained ball 3 only to have it then tell me cyborg is ready is sad. One more shot? Really? I've probably missed out on an collected cyborg MB as many times as I've actually gotten it. Maybe if the animations would keep up I'd have focused on the center ramp.

^^This^^
And add collecting a Soul Shard as well.

1 week later
#4401 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

You can adjust the music vs speech separately which I’ve used to bring the music more present in the mix. Crank it up!

Did the opposite here.
Love the callouts, could care less about the songs.

#4408 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

So what about the sound effects? do they go up when you turn the call outs up? so you can have loud call outs and sound effects but low music?

Pretty sure the music is a separate beast.
Sound effects and Callouts are lumped together.
Not 100% on this but my sound effects are still very present with the music turned down a few notches and the speech turned up.
But on Sterns remember that negative numbers are louder and positive numbers are lower.

1 week later
#4473 4 years ago

I have true color protectors on most of my games. They are awesome.
Wonder if they will make these in orange instead of yellow.

#4474 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Aside from cranking up the music, is there a known fix to dampen the sound on the right flippers?
I can't recall any other pin I've played nor owned where the flippers were this loud.

Perhaps someone that does not live in California would order a strip of this stuff for $11.00 and see if it really works as advertised.
https://www.soundproofcow.com/product/vibra-block-sound-deadening-material-pad/?gdffi=d462e8110af047aba70108dac6bd4aa2&gdfms=A9AAD2D7C4EF408FA757C0438A88FE6F&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5J_mBRDVARIsAGqGLZAi3LH4s9qBH7llx82cAyf57oRGxlbJoWN2c6LhUhC7gg63itTYF_YaApMhEALw_wcB

#4479 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

At 4mm thick wouldn't that be a fairly tight fit between the cab side and the PF? Possibly tear/knock it off whenever you lift up to do some service? I like the idea though

Yea.
I was just thinking maybe a small piece could be put just below where the upper right flipper mech hangs down when playfield is at rest and maybe that would be enough to dampen most of the thumping sound.
It may even work on the very bottom of the cabinet side or even just laying in the bottom.
I may try it out sometime just for fun.

#4481 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Been a little while since i've had the hood up on my machine so i can't visually recall the gap but is it possible to attach a small piece to the back of the mech bracket itself?

I considered that possibility as well.
Certainly worth looking into.
Can’t hurt anything.

#4495 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I used a piece big enough to just wrap around the side edges of the mech bracket and slightly larger top to bottom so i could it fold over the top (which is clearing the flipper pawl despite how it looks in the pic) I then added a 2nd piece exactly the width of the bracket but folded about a 15mm length underneath.
Short answer.... it's made a difference. I would guesstimate a reduction in noise by about 20-25% although it's still noticeable. Having said that my focus would have been directly on the flipper noise alone so that accentuates it in your head if that makes sense and quite possibly was a better result than i realise. This particular product i used has a SUPER sticky backing so adding some to the cab side in my opinion is not an option, removing it later down the track would most definitely take some paint off!!
If anyone plans on doing something similar, i would just say don't expect to completely cut the noise out, i don't think that will be possible to accomplish.
After a few test games my thoughts were that it's definitely "taken the edge off" and perhaps changed the tone to less of a wood knocking sound <<<< most likely the crappest description on Pinside but that's the first thing that came to mind
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting the results and photos.

1 week later
#4540 4 years ago

Just an FYI. My cousin and I both got the $49 non branded version for our Pro models.
Mine went two weeks before the left channel just gave up and went out.
Pinball life did replace at no cost to me and so far so good.
However my cousin just had his quit altogether
I have Pinnovators on all my other games and have never had a single issue.
Sure wish they were providing for Spike 2 games.

1 week later
#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have the mode tree and the fireball loop. Not a fan of the eddie cards and the mummy already makes sense to me on white. Something for everyone's taste but the mode tree should be in every maiden

Same here. Mode tree and fireball loop. Love em.

#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Accidentally loaded the Sarcophagus with an air-ball off the ramp. The Beast says, "Diiirty Poool". I love it.[quoted image]

Awesome.
Won't be hearing that on my Pro model though.

#4652 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

This was a harness issue that has been corrected.

Awesome.
Thanks for posting and also for taking great care of your customers.

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

I would love to see on the new code a "random letter ramp", when you put it on hard after the first mode you always shot right and left ramp to get letters, if they can put it on random, you need to shot all over the playfield go get letters... Is a simple update that would make all the diference.

What letters are you referring to?
Maybe I am having a senior moment but I can’t make sense of this idea.

4 years later
#14095 8 months ago

I'm sure I already know the answer to this but lets ask anyway.

I have a Pro model game the now has the very back right plastic that sits under the right ramp broken.
Of course it is broken on it's top left side that sits directly to the right of the center jump ramp.
This allows the ball to become wedged on top of it a lot after bouncing off the bulls eye targets.

Is there any way to get just this plastic or does Stern force you to purchase an entire plastics set?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=Arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.