(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,274 posts
  • 667 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Returner
  • Topic is favorited by 311 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,902 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

67787D2C-4344-4C0F-97CE-BEB253F6D7AF (resized).jpeg
20210120_175110 (resized).jpg
20210120_175039 (resized).jpg
4F12DF2E-5CA4-4923-A707-4F9C1E67B6ED (resized).png
20210118_000413 (resized).jpg
5E10C0E3-FE05-4C70-9667-FBE8E19C0F15 (resized).jpeg
191FCB28-1BA8-45D6-ACD7-0413657A2233 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210112_002915457 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210112_003019391 (resized).jpg
A29DF56B-B6BE-4281-87BA-6BEFBFC25D71 (resized).jpeg
20210108_095121 (resized).jpg
20210107_202317 (resized).jpg
20210107_202139 (resized).jpg
20210107_202146 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210108_145557946~2 (resized).jpg
20210106_163946 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (2 years ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (2 years ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (2 years ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (2 years ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #5013 Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (1 year ago)

Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Angel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5973 11 months ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Got it setup today before work. Man this game is even more beautiful in person, Zombie killed it! I'm going to have to bring a game downstairs to keep it company though. I think TNA will look nice beside her

Congrats, looks amazing. Excited, should be joining the club on Monday too, if all goes well. A nice minty fresh premium.

#5983 11 months ago

Happy to post that my Iron Maiden Premium arrived today, born on January 22nd, 2020, looks amazing. The one unusual things is that it came with purple powder coated legs. Is this normal? The pictures I see on the Stern website, the legs look black...or has Stern changed the color of the legs in this latest run?

IMG_20200203_095250 (resized).jpg
#5988 11 months ago

They definitly look like Stranger Things LE legs. I'm not sure if I should keep them...or request the standard black legs from the distributor, any thoughts? They sort of look unique on the machine...I'm still kinda unsure although.

#5992 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yeah, you have a Stranger Iron Maiden Things hybrid.

Or possibly a Premium Iron Stranger Maiden Things, 1 of 1 never to be reproduced again super special limited collectors edition.....or something like that. Will definitely call the distributor and get my proper legs.

#6000 11 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Another question is why do you have those ugly and ridiculous so called protectors on there? It should have come with hidden stand offs.

They came with the package...the local distributor added them as a "thank you" for your business gift along with sleeve of silver jet balls. They don't look that bad...at least I hope they don't

#6003 11 months ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Pull them, they will do more damage than good. Stern puts those leg spacers in to prevent the legs from touching the artwork and messing it up. Those big plastic pieces will start digging into the nice Maiden artwork over time. No need for them.

Once I get my proper black legs from the distributor I will definitely remove those protectors. Then again I may take the advice of one of the pinside members and powder coat the pin purple to match...and leave the legs as they are...

#6021 11 months ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Question regarding the new premiums that people have gotten built recently, are they coming with interlock switches? Was thinking of putting one on if the code gets updated to support it. Just was curious if games built since last fall have them.

Mine was built on Jan. 22, 2020 and the coin door does have the standard interlock switch killing the 48V circuit.

#6023 11 months ago

All the switches and solenoids are dead and do require the interlock switch to be pressed when performing functional tests via the service menu. I did not pull out a multi-meter to check although.

#6054 11 months ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

My premium is new as of Jan 22. My playfield looks ok so far. But I have many of the same issues that needed to be fixed. Auto launch, upper loop not registering fast shots, phantom orb hits, left ramp switch behind backboard needed adjusting...
Game is awesome anyhow, and I knew what I was getting into. Only thing I was really worried about was playfield chipping/bulging and that seems ok so far but it's still pretty fresh....

Mine is also a Jan 22, 2020 and it also required adjustments. Both newton balls were not registering, had to adjust the switches and the underworld scoop mini trough wire gate was not attached causing the game to go into ball search whenever the ball was shot into the underworld (it would roll to the left off of the switch in the trough, wire gate holds the ball in place for the solenoid to kick it out)

Besides that all is working as it should...and looking good

2 weeks later
#6150 11 months ago

I was never much of an Iron Maiden fan, outside of a few select songs. I played the pin, really enjoyed it and purchased a premium version about a month a go. The music slowly grew on me, to the point where I am now listening to a lot more Iron Maiden and starting to appreciate it more and more.

1 month later
#6437 9 months ago

Make sure the connection arm is actually connected to the ball. I can unscrew mine and tighten them. Make sure that it is screwed on tight to the ball, such that when the ball moves so does the connection arm..

3 months later
#7014 6 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Not if you block it with a 3rd newton ball

Finally, with this mod I will be able to defeat the beast. Why did no one think of this sooner???

1 month later
#7297 4 months ago

Very nice work. Looks really good.

2 months later
#7751 33 days ago
Quoted from jlock:

Santa Elwin knows I've been good this year.

Congrats, thats quite the impressive Elwin line up

#7766 32 days ago

The new code might be on Santa's sled if you're nice...naughty people will get a lump of coal...

3 weeks later
#8195 11 days ago

I was never a big fan of Iron Maiden's music, growing up I knew a handful of their songs and thought their music was nothing special. When it came to purchasing the pinball machine I was apprehensive, the layout, quality and game play won me over...amazing.

The pin got me into listening to more of their music and I began to appreciate their talent and how really good their music is. The pin is the favorite in my family's small collection and the band...damn they make some really great music. It just took a pinball machine to help me understand

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mequon, WI
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 29.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 122.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Angel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside