(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 317.
#1 6 years ago

I know there's A LOT of Maiden threads going on right now, but since now it's official, how about start a Maiden Club thread?

I can rest assure everyone that I'm super excited, and pretty sure this will be my first NIB pin (next may be Elvira III).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

I'm in. Already told my distributor to order me one. Hope it kicks ass.

#3 6 years ago

#4 6 years ago

Count me in, I will have one ASAP. Installed at My Parents Basement on location in Atlanta Ga. My GF, the staff, and a lot of regulars love them some Maiden, so there’s some real excitement!

#5 6 years ago

I'm in I will be getting an LE.

#6 6 years ago

Prefered songs besides the obvious ones? I'll want my pin to play "Alexander the Great" and "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I know there's A LOT of Maiden threads going on right now, but since now it's official, how about start a Maiden Club thread?
I can rest assure everyone that I'm super excited, and pretty sure this will be my first NIB pin (next may be Elvira III).
Who will be on pre-order?

LOL... Looks like we have the same taste in pins... I hope that Maiden will be my first NIB as well, and I want to get Elvira III(if that does get made) to boot! I want to get all the Elvira games, but can't put the cart before the horse. I'm just a normal working man so I now gotta save each and every penny. But, its for a great cause!

#8 6 years ago

Already on the list for an LE. May change to premium depending on what i see.

#10 6 years ago

Run to the irons *whiny singing* up the hills *whiny guitar*

As soon as I get a look @ the PF I may put my deposit down...or if I have a few more drinks tonight.

#11 6 years ago

Yeah, right

#12 6 years ago

Yep! Keen as mustard....I hope this thread keeps us up to date with the artwork and designers etc. Really don't need to look in 300 different threads!!

Hope this one sits nicely next to my METLE!!

#13 6 years ago

Maybe someday. Needs to be an awesome shooter with killer rules.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

LOL... Looks like we have the same taste in pins... I hope that Maiden will be my first NIB as well, and I want to get Elvira III(if that does get made) to boot! I want to get all the Elvira games, but can't put the cart before the horse. I'm just a normal working man so I now gotta save each and every penny. But, its for a great cause!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#15 6 years ago

Iron Maiden, Michael Jackson and Van Halen all on one song? Lol ? pure gold.

#16 6 years ago

Nicko and Dio... Nice picture!

#17 6 years ago

I'm antecipating this sort of animation for the LCD screen. Sad to say I'm not too fond of it....

#18 6 years ago

Unless Stern botches it completely I'm in for a Pre but won't buy it for at least a year. Thats my method with Stern and for the most part it takes care of all the bullshit. Now if its amazing and has code good right from the start as was my experience with SW then I won't last a year and will buy the Pre upon release. Trooper Mulitiball, or Where Eagles Dare. 22 Acacia Ave "meet a lady that I know" The Prisoner oh man I'm getting kiddy over here.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm antecipating this sort of animation for the LCD screen. Sad to say I'm not too fond of it....
» YouTube video

I don't know... if they got those assets and were able to use them to make their own animations, it could be pretty sweet. I would much rather see that than crappy videos of old dudes.

#20 6 years ago

I'm in on an le. Sent my deposit in weeks ago.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

» YouTube video

Never played it, not biggest fan either, but I think yer right. Prob gonna be looking like that. With that said, I think I'm ok with that. We don't play the LCD, right? Gimmie 4 flippers, lots a beer, and crank those speakers till they bleed!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Where Eagles Dare. 22 Acacia Ave ... The Prisoner

Exactly! On man, so many awesome songs!!!

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Gimmie 4 flippers, lots a beer, and crank those speakers till they bleed!

You just nailed it, brother!

#23 6 years ago

I've been on the Pre Order list for the past 3 years with my Dist. I just flat out told them, I want an LE when it's announced.

#24 6 years ago

Will definitely have one, but havent decided on pro or premium. Will have to decide when I see both versions.

#25 6 years ago

This club title is way too long!

Count me in for theme though

#26 6 years ago

The main issue is Derek Riggs and Iron Maiden parted ways years ago. He was the artist that shaped Iron Maiden in the 80s-early 90s. If Zombie Yeti channels Riggs (Killers, Number of the Beast, Powerslave) then it will be a hit. If they don't I think it will be a miss and lose a lot of the nostalgia vibe. They could put the Killers album cover as the backglass and it would be perfect.

7B082916-CEF4-44EF-A579-62B265E6224D (resized).jpeg7B082916-CEF4-44EF-A579-62B265E6224D (resized).jpeg

#27 6 years ago

Nothing is stopping Riggs from doing the pinball.

He came back and did the Flight666 DVD cover for Maiden a few years ago, (and he did the Iron Maidens covers too, so he can't be very expensive, lol).

iron-maiden-flight-666-50105c4405c3a (resized).jpgiron-maiden-flight-666-50105c4405c3a (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago

I'm sure it will be based on the art from the comic books.

#29 6 years ago

One spot left in my pin row. That WAS reserved for JD, but now I'm not so sure. Will most likely wait a year or 2 either way until all the issues ( that really shouldn't even be issues but still are with EVERY new release) are Ironed out...

#30 6 years ago

I was actually at a dinner Party Saturday night when I checked my phone and saw Stern's release. I jumped out of my seat and let out a "FUCK YES!" and promptly left the table to go outside to view the teaser video, hoping to catch a glimpse of the new machine... I came back to the table where everyone asked me what was up with the outburst, and I told them. My Wife was not amused to say the least, the other wives looked perplexed, but the other husbands went wild, which started a whole conversation about Metal, concerts and my pinball collection. I can say as a pinball fanatic, and a huge Iron Maiden fan, I put in for an LE. I agree with the other posts though, if I can't get an LE, I would wait a while to get a premium until any and all "issues" are resolved with the machine. The first machines always seem to have problems from Stern as of late....but I am really excited over this pin, and the fact that they hired Brian Eddy!

#31 6 years ago

Just put down my 48 hr refundable deposit with JJ (like I'll be gettin a refund lol). Not to light a fire under anyone's ass but was just told majority of LE's going overseas (surprise surprise) and Maiden themselves are taking 50!
UP THE IRONZZZ

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just put down my 48 hr refundable deposit with JJ (like I'll be gettin a refund lol). Not to light a fire under anyone's ass but was just told majority of LE's going overseas (surprise surprise) and Maiden themselves are taking 50!
UP THE IRONZZZ

Maiden themselves taking 50!! I hope this doesn't count into the actual numbers...I want a Limited Edition machine...not a plaque that says 83/1000!!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I hope this doesn't count into the actual numbers...I want a Limited Edition machine...not a plaque that says 83/1000!!

Don;t open the door for them producing LEs that "aren't on the books" so to speak

#34 6 years ago

Don't care about toys, plaques, numbers etc... but if any game deserves a mirrored backglass it's this one. Don't F this up Stern!

Actually, no... changed my mind. Please give it three unique digital printouts like Star Wars so I come to my senses. I have no business paying whatever absurd price they are charging for an LE these days.

(just kidding, do it!)

#35 6 years ago

KISS did the same thing (member that debacle?!) but I seriously doubt if Steve and co. are gonna try to wrench every last farthing outta their loyal fans hands like Gene tried to.
Just a wild guess...but between the 15 members of Maiden, everybody's got a cousin that wants one.

#36 6 years ago

I’m I’m for an LE at this point, but could switch to a Pre depending on artwork, features and functions. It’s been a long time since I can remember a game that the LE was the clear winner.

#37 6 years ago

Same here, but I doubt I'll switch. Dream theme.

#38 6 years ago

Hey Alex, I'm glad it was you that started this club. I mean, yer an asshole sometimes, but who isn't? Absolutely fitting and perfect that a loyal fan from South America started this thread. Cheers my dude and UP THE FUCKIN IRONZZZ!

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

...It’s been a long time since I can remember a game that the LE was the clear winner.

Yeah like Tron long.

#40 6 years ago

In this house I have declared it "Iron Maiden Week". We've got a 10-1 Maiden to Napalm Death going on the stereo at this point. Tomorrow's numbers should be a little higher.
Mon:
20180326_135331 (resized).jpg20180326_135331 (resized).jpg

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

yer an asshole sometimes, but who isn't?

Hey, I thought it was the norm here on pinside. I was surely inspired by many pinsiders (edited by mod team)

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

In this house I have declared it "Iron Maiden Week". We've got a 10-1 Maiden to Napalm Death going on the stereo at this point. Tomorrow's numbers should be a little higher.
Mon pic:

You can play IM's Rime of the Ancient Mariner and ND's You Suffer to balance out your listening time

#43 6 years ago

Early April for the pro

#44 6 years ago

This one was a strong contender too. Tomorrow's selfie will be at the gym with me being crushed by a 275 lb bench press.
20180326_135336 (resized).jpg20180326_135336 (resized).jpg

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey, I thought it was the norm here on pinside

NORM!
220px-Norm_Peterson_drinks_beer (resized).jpg220px-Norm_Peterson_drinks_beer (resized).jpg

#46 6 years ago

Wow. Did I really just post 2 stupid pics then actually used the word "selfie" in a thread?!?! Alex please fly up here stat and slap the FUCKIN SHIT OUTTA ME. Apologies... I'm a little over-excited. Like JoJo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet.
UP THE IRONS

#47 6 years ago

HELL...AINT A BAD PLACE...
HELL IS FROM HERE TO ETERNITY

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

You can play IM's Rime of the Ancient Mariner and ND's You Suffer to balance out your listening time

I'll be honest (always am)....I didn't immediately recognize that ND track so I looked through the ole iPod and yup, there it was, in all of its 6 second glory. Well played Corpse.

#49 6 years ago

Been listening to Apex Predator a lot lately, which was actually sent to me by a Pinsider.
Thanks Jewboyflowerhead!

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

They could put the Killers album cover as the backglass and it would be perfect.

The good thing is as long as the playfield looks decent the backglass is easily changed and the music as well so as long as the pin is fun to play and they develope quality code then the rest can be repaired. I have a feeling alt translites will be a big part of this game and the modders out there ain't stupid, I already know the songs I want so I don't care what Stern does really. I can't see Z Yeti creating bad art for an IrM pin but who knows. Tomorow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 24.50
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?hl=pinball-dood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.