(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 317.
#4901 4 years ago
Quoted from Gattiman:

Has anyone played an LE vs Premium and found the upgraded sound system to be a big improvement? I played the pro at a local bar and loved it. Definitely buying it in October/november (in the middle of moving houses right now) but was disappointed with the punch in the speakers. However I have no way of knowing if it was just turned down or the bar I was in drowning it out. Unfortunately in Austin there aren’t any major places to properly try out pinball machines for the home.

I have the LE, which has the larger/better speakers vs the Prem and the Pro I believe. I have it hooked to an external powered sub (Polk 10") and absolutely no complaints about the sound. This thing cranks!

#4902 4 years ago

Joined the club last weekend. Finally stopped playing long enough to shoot a couple pics

20190704_152313 (resized).jpg20190704_152313 (resized).jpg20190704_152212 (resized).jpg20190704_152212 (resized).jpg
#4903 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Thanks for the reply. They are the same length so I'm guessing updating one will do the other, but I was hoping to get a confirmation.
Cheers!
Mike

There's a bunch of shared requests. These are the only scripts you need to replace.
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#4904 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Joined the club last weekend. Finally stopped playing long enough to shoot a couple pics[quoted image][quoted image]

Your game looks like it's ready to go trick-or-treating.

#4905 4 years ago

RatShack Thanks for the reply!

#4906 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Your game looks like it's ready to go trick-or-treating.

It is. Previous owner made topper from a mask. I'm not a topper guy so that may not stay.

#4907 4 years ago

Im in...

FB_IMG_1562397072940 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1562397072940 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1562397102008 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1562397102008 (resized).jpg
#4908 4 years ago

Installing the premium and le version of piece of mind Eddie on my pro. Can someone post pics of how the plastic underneath him mounts and how does Eddie attach to the plastic ?

#4909 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Installing the premium and le version of piece of mind Eddie on my pro. Can someone post pics of how the plastic underneath him mounts and how does Eddie attach to the plastic ?

Zip tie on the back foot is the factory way. But you need the ball trap clear plastic fix installed first. Some pros did not have it installed and you need to request it if you didn't get one.
eddie-piece-of-mind-mount (resized).jpgeddie-piece-of-mind-mount (resized).jpg

#4910 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Zip tie on the back foot is the factory way. But you need the ball trap clear plastic fix installed first. Some pros did not have it installed and you need to request it if you didn't get one.
[quoted image]

I got the plastic from stern as mine didn't have it. Mine doesn't have a hole for a zip tie. Also the only place it actually mounts is to the pop bumper. The ends are just floating spacers. Is this correct ?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#4911 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I got the plastic from stern as mine didn't have it. Mine doesn't have a hole for a zip tie. Also the only place it actually mounts is to the pop bumper. The ends are just floating spacers. Is this correct ?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That plastic looks different than the one Stern sent out for Pros on the initial run which went arount the bumper cap, not over it. So I don't know for that version. Unfortunately, we upgraded that Pro to a Premium since then, so I can't take more pictures...

#4912 4 years ago

Hello got a Maiden pro loaded with tons of mods.

I’m gonna need to read up on the rules some. Kinda lost in the dark at the moment. C411444D-CD9B-4242-A2C5-BBFC1D878E3D (resized).jpegC411444D-CD9B-4242-A2C5-BBFC1D878E3D (resized).jpeg

D0424428-6ABE-4222-BFCE-29B2C3123CF6 (resized).jpegD0424428-6ABE-4222-BFCE-29B2C3123CF6 (resized).jpeg

#4913 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hello got a Maiden pro loaded with tons of mods.
I’m gonna need to read up on the rules some. Kinda lost in the dark at the moment. [quoted image]
[quoted image]

That looks like my old game, really nice...congrats!

#4914 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It is in fact your old game, well traveled but looks new.

#4915 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Orange metallic powder coat? Looks amazing!

I got some legs and rails powder coated at a small place in my city, but he said that it was too expensive to keep metallic colours. I need to find another powder coater. Do you have the brand or colour name for the orange metallic?

Thanks!
Adam.

#4916 4 years ago

The game is better than I expected, have played a few times on location but is bette than I expected one of the best games period.

#4917 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The game is better than I expected, have played a few times on location but is bette than I expected one of the best games period.

its one of the best shooters and call outs of any game. enjoy it.

#4918 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

sold my AcDc premium so this takes the place, really hard to part with a great pin like AcDc but Maiden is incredible as well.

#4919 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Fun game and as a side benefit of it's fast and open playfield it's a hell of a lot easier to wax than our Twilight Zone!

The calls out are the best I've heard in any game!

Cheers All
Mike

#4920 4 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Orange metallic powder coat? Looks amazing!
I got some legs and rails powder coated at a small place in my city, but he said that it was too expensive to keep metallic colours. I need to find another powder coater. Do you have the brand or colour name for the orange metallic?
Thanks!
Adam.

Prismatic illusion orange. It doesn’t require any special process, any powder coater should easily be able to shoot this color.

#4921 4 years ago

Just a cautionary tale. I have installed the stronger coil for the auto launch on my pro as described earlier in this thread. Had power at 220 and it worked great. Just cleaned and waxed the play field and had all sorts of misfires. Would only make the loop about 60 % of the time without hitting the post below the upper left flipper. When I would get Trooper multi ball, and the ball would make the loop, it would jump over the post that stops it and continue around the loop. I had to lower the power to 205 and now it shoots perfect and the auto launch works almost 100% now

#4922 4 years ago

My auto launch is fine but the manual launch is not making it around the top. Any ideas?

#4923 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My auto launch is fine but the manual launch is not making it around the top. Any ideas?

Probably have to change out to a stronger spring. I noticed on my ghostbusters that the spring was getting week after breaking in and playing for a little while. I haven't paid attention on IMDN since I try to short plunge all the time to get the secret skill shots.

#4924 4 years ago

What’s the secret skill shot?

#4925 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What’s the secret skill shot?

Biggest is left outlane for 20M. Left ramp lane for either 5 or 6m, right orbit and center ramp. can't remember the exact value. Can't touch any switches when doing it.

#4926 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yeah...leave it alone! Mine was the same way, so I fixed the manual launch--which totally (for some reason) screwed up my almost perfect auto launch. Took me forever to almost get it back to where it was originally.

#4927 4 years ago

Is premium lightshow better than pro? I am a pro owner, worth to upgrade?

#4928 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Nah not really. The lift up ramp and the Sarcophagus lock on the premium are the 2 things that make it worth upgrading, not the light show.

#4929 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

It IS better, but the main lighting difference is the red GI lighting that takes over the playfield in certain modes to give it a creepier feel. Also, the multi-tier rotating light RGB flasher in the upper right corner of the Premium is pretty cool.

#4930 4 years ago

Question , don’t shoot , is the left ramp shot a sure thing ... or just a lucky shot ... cause it’s pismeoff goddammit

#4931 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Question , don’t shoot , is the left ramp shot a sure thing ... or just a lucky shot ... cause it’s pismeoff goddammit

It's all mental. You can make the shot easier the less you think about it.

#4932 4 years ago

Exactly, luck

#4933 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Exactly, luck

No, it's not luck, but you can psych yourself out and brick the shot. The more you practice it, the better you get at it. I've found that since we upgraded from pro to premium on the route I help with I've gotten a LOT better at that left ramp because you HAVE to hit it pretty reliably to advance, unlike the pro.

#4934 4 years ago

I’ve found with many years of playing , once you have learn the shot it comes easy every time ... it’s probably me , who knows , but squeezing thru those bumpers seems like luck to me , not skill

#4935 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I’ve found with many years of playing , once you have learn the shot it comes easy every time ... it’s probably me , who knows , but squeezing thru those bumpers seems like luck to me , not skill

Must admit i found it hard when i first got my machine but over time it's gotten "easier" Sometimes you can gauge the shot by watching where the ball is on the right flipper before activating. I would call backhand shots, left flipper-left ramp, right flipper-right ramp more in the the luck category though

#4936 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, it's not luck, but you can psych yourself out and brick the shot. The more you practice it, the better you get at it. I've found that since we upgraded from pro to premium on the route I help with I've gotten a LOT better at that left ramp because you HAVE to hit it pretty reliably to advance, unlike the pro.

Why is it more important on the premium?

#4937 4 years ago

How Many modes in IM? Reading up on it before I get mine. It looks like 2 you can get when you start playing and spell Eddie. Saw several multiballs. Is there a mode start shot for later modes or does it change ?

#4938 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I find it to be more of a "lucky" shot myself also. I just have a HELUVA time hitting it, especially when i need to.

#4939 4 years ago

Something that's working for me quite well is 'pushing' the plunger to make the skill shot. Not sure of the pinball term used for this but I'm sure there is one

#4940 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The sarcophagus lock is started by shooting the left ramp on the premium instead of the middle ramp on the pro. How many times do you start mummy multiball in a game though? I am around 2-3 usually.

#4941 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

How Many modes in IM? Reading up on it before I get mine. It looks like 2 you can get when you start playing and spell Eddie. Saw several multiballs. Is there a mode start shot for later modes or does it change ?

Spell Eddie to get to each mode and ultimately get to 2 minutes to midnight. Shots reduce after completing 2 modes.
Mariner start with one ball. Hit the lit shot (Pharoah) to get a second and the clairvoyant to get a third.
Ace High is a 2 ball. More ball can be added by hitting lit shots/airplanes

Collect mummy for 2 ball mb. More balls can be added by hitting all lit shots.

Hit lock drop, pharaoh, then orbits for trooper mb. Hit a jackpot then "fire the cannon" up the middle for a third ball.

Collect all triangles on playfield (left side of your screen) for Cyborg mb. Again, shoot lit shots (triangle) for add a balls.

I'm sure I've left something out or made some mistake. (I just woke up) That should hold you over and get you most of the basics though.

#4942 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I have to say that both the ramps are my least reliable shots on this game. For some reason, I can't combo them like other games. Keeps it challenging and fun.

#4943 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Spell Eddie to get to each mode and ultimately get to 2 minutes to midnight. Shots reduce after completing 2 modes.
Mariner start with one ball. Hit the lit shot (Pharoah) to get a second and the clairvoyant to get a third.
Ace High is a 2 ball. More ball can be added by hitting lit shots/airplanes
Collect mummy for 2 ball mb. More balls can be added by hitting all lit shots.
Hit lock drop, pharaoh, then orbits for trooper mb. Hit a jackpot then "fire the cannon" up the middle for a third ball.
Collect all triangles on playfield (left side of your screen) for Cyborg mb. Again, shoot lit shots (triangle) for add a balls.
I'm sure I've left something out or made some mistake. (I just woke up) That should hold you over and get you most of the basics though.

Thx. Game is a blast to play. Larger dmd gives you lots of info.

#4944 4 years ago

Left ramp can be nailed with consistency with some practice, so no fluke there. I'm finally getting the right down and can get some pretty good combos in Icarus. That being said, I wish they'd get around to fixing the later mode qualifiers as the game gets so damn ramp heavy. I like having to hit them sporadically as they are the toughest shots in the game.

Has anyone heard from anyone at stern about a code update? Are there any plans, or are we stuck with the latest, including the bugs?

#4945 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Because they moved the mummy shot to the left ramp to load the captive ball. That doesn't exist on the pro where you just have to bash the captive ball, which is way easier.

#4946 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Something that's working for me quite well is 'pushing' the plunger to make the skill shot. Not sure of the pinball term used for this but I'm sure there is one

If you're doing that, you're missing most of the points. The lit skill shot is the worst point option available at ball launch. Go for one of many super secret skill shots to get up to 20 million instead of 1 million.

#4947 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Left ramp can be nailed with consistency with some practice, so no fluke there. I'm finally getting the right down and can get some pretty good combos in Icarus. That being said, I wish they'd get around to fixing the later mode qualifiers as the game gets so damn ramp heavy. I like having to hit them sporadically as they are the toughest shots in the game.
Has anyone heard from anyone at stern about a code update? Are there any plans, or are we stuck with the latest, including the bugs?

If the next game is truly Keith Elwin's and not Brian Eddy's, that explains why Iron Maiden updates abruptly stopped. I'm sure there's at least one more update coming - too many loose ends/bugs not to. He's not Dwight.

#4948 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the next game is truly Keith Elwin's and not Brian Eddy's, that explains why Iron Maiden updates abruptly stopped. I'm sure there's at least one more update coming - too many loose ends/bugs not to. He's not Dwight.

Confirmed there is at least one more.

#4949 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're doing that, you're missing most of the points. The lit skill shot is the worst point option available at ball launch. Go for one of many super secret skill shots to get up to 20 million instead of 1 million.

Unless its later in the game and you would rather take the free letter than hit the ramps

#4950 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Unless its later in the game and you would rather take the free letter than hit the ramps

I'll always take free 20 million over a letter. Ramps are no problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Trade
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/99?hl=milltown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.