(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 317.
#4801 4 years ago

Some things I would like to see in the next code update.
-Jukebox mode
-Better ball recognition in the orbit. (Too often I shoot the right orbit and the shoot right back up the left orbit but the game cant tell)
-the loop extra ball at a more reasonable number (maybe 25?) My loop record is only 24 so either i suck at loops or 50 is overly ambitious unless you are Keith Elwin.
-added code to icarus as its the only mode I really dislike playing
-more tracks possibly

#4802 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

-Jukebox mode
-Better ball recognition in the orbit. (Too often I shoot the right orbit and the shoot right back up the left orbit but the game cant tell)
-the loop extra ball at a more reasonable number (maybe 25?) My loop record is only 24 so either i suck at loops or 50 is overly ambitious unless you are Keith Elwin.
-more tracks possibly

- Yes to the first 2. Although you can press start and are pretty much in jukebox mode except that the song loops after awhile and doesn’t have an intro nor outro.
- Isn’t there a setting to adjust the EB for loops in adjustments? If not, maybe that’s all that is needed.
- I love me some Icarus. The left/right combo is fun with some great call outs. Very challenging, yet can be very rewarding. Plus, it adds diversity vs the other modes. Though, I will say that as you get deeper the only way to light EDDIE is left/right Ramps at which point that can get monotonous so perhaps changing that logic could help? Plus, you don’t have to play the mode if you don’t choose and can progress towards other EDDIE cards if you choose too. Unless of course you’re going for RTTH, if that’s the case, good luck

#4803 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

- Plus, you don’t have to play the mode if you don’t choose and can progress towards other EDDIE cards if you choose too. Unless of course you’re going for RTTH, if that’s the case, good luck

I am always going for 2m2m. I agree that icarus wouldnt be so bad if the game didnt already force you to shoot ramps so much to progress. I dont see the mode progression changing so its icarus that needs some rethinking imo. It also doesnt tie into any interesting themes like some of the other modes try (shooting planes, correcting ship's course, breaking the chains, etc) Maybe it's just me. I just never enjoy icarus like the others. I try to do icarus with mummy MB but then I just focus on mummy and get the ramps that come along with that mode.

#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I am always going for 2m2m. I agree that icarus wouldnt be so bad if the game didnt already force you to shoot ramps so much to progress. I dont see the mode progression changing so its icarus that needs some rethinking imo. It also doesnt tie into any interesting themes like some of the other modes try (shooting planes, correcting ship's course, breaking the chains, etc) Maybe it's just me. I just never enjoy icarus like the others. I try to do icarus with mummy MB but then I just focus on mummy and get the ramps that come along with that mode.

It's not just you. I love the scoring potential of Icarus, but the mode is boring. My least favorite of all of them, too.

#4805 4 years ago

I guess I’m in the minority. Just the other night during Icarus, I was thinking to myself how fun this mode is to play/combo. Ramps, call outs, music... all so good.

#4806 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I guess I’m in the minority. Just the other night during Icarus, I was thinking to myself how fun this mode is to play/combo. Ramps, call outs, music... all so good.

You are not alone.

combo ... Combo! ... COMBO!!! ... COMBOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!! (added the "H" to negate the combu)

ahh ... so satisfying.

#4807 4 years ago

Was playing Jukebox tracks on AC/DC last night while setting up games room and waiting for a friend to arrive.
It is awesome that you can switch between studio and live tracks on AC/DC in Jukebox.

I so wish that Stern would do this for Maiden.
Would be the icing on the cake for this awesome pin.

LEVEL UP !

Live tracks played on display

I realize a big ask

Otherwise I would be stoked with a Somewhere in time style Jukebox on display with track selection
Somewhere in Time (resized).jpgSomewhere in Time (resized).jpg

#4808 4 years ago

I'm still having occasional issues with the game losing track of the number of balls in play during Mummy MB. Some code to address this would be nice.

#4809 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I'm still having occasional issues with the game losing track of the number of balls in play during Mummy MB. Some code to address this would be nice.

That's likely a mechanical issue with the switch vs. a software issue.

#4810 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Save this thread to your favorites

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/40#post-5027699

As The Beast would say

Your'e gonna need it !

#4811 4 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

Fellow Pinsiders,
I've had the game for about 3 weeks now and just started realizing whenever I bring multiball into a mode the time freezes for the mode but when multi ball is over so is the mode? Anyone got any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Multiball doesn’t stop mode timers... but some actions do stop the timers temporarily.

#4812 4 years ago

If anyone has been considering installing the Lermods Crystal Ball Orb, I just finished recording the process. Here is the video. This was a very easy install and I am pleased with the results!

#4813 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just installed the IMDN loop adjuster kit and wow what a difference it made. My loop shot from the top right flipper was probably registering 60% of the time roughly and after i put it on tonight i hit the loop at least 25 times and it counted every single one of them. I cannot recommend this product enough for people who are having loops that don't register.
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html

For those that have installed this. The kit came with 2 of the opto receiver covers so I changed both. One in the lower left part of the loop and the upper right leaving he loop. Is this correct?

#4814 4 years ago

Deadpool meet iron maiden......

In the club

Do these two compliment each other well or what? Great job Stern

20190623_002334 (resized).jpg20190623_002334 (resized).jpg
#4815 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

In the club

Congrats on the Pro with a Premium translite? awesome game Left handed drinker??

#4816 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Congrats on the Pro with a Premium translite? awesome game Left handed drinker??

Thanks.

Yes premium translite on the pro. Much prefer the premium art on that and didn't see anywhere close enough of the value to get the premium (imo).

#4817 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Deadpool meet iron maiden......
In the club
Do these two compliment each other well or what? Great job Stern[quoted image]

Nice! My Deadpool Premium arrives tomorrow and will go next to my Iron Maiden as well!

#4818 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Regarding the left handed drinker.....I don't like each pin to have them bc it's hard to get through the gap for fixing so strategically place them so only two results in always having the ability to reach for the drink.

20190623_103122 (resized).jpg20190623_103122 (resized).jpg
#4819 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

-Jukebox mode
-more tracks possibly

Feature adjustment n13.... Set the loop to 30, much more balance like this i guess.

#4820 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Feature adjustment n13.... Set the loop to 30, much more balance like this i guess.

My OCD wont let me change it if it's not factory setting. Other than free play mode and turning off the screaching "knockers", I go all factory.

#4821 4 years ago

Another mod question. Has anybody installed the backboard lighting kit from Cointaker? I have the LED’s in place and the cord end doesn’t plug into anything on the board behind the speaker panel. See pictures below, but the male end of the cord from the LED strip doesn’t match any connector on that board. E3B84FBC-025D-4F78-9706-91EB9E61FC02 (resized).jpegE3B84FBC-025D-4F78-9706-91EB9E61FC02 (resized).jpeg3330574F-D7A4-4B4D-9FF5-7D33E25765B3 (resized).jpeg3330574F-D7A4-4B4D-9FF5-7D33E25765B3 (resized).jpeg

#4822 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Another mod question. Has anybody installed the backboard lighting kit from Cointaker? I have the LED’s in place and the cord end doesn’t plug into anything on the board behind the speaker panel. See pictures below, but the male end of the cord from the LED strip doesn’t match any connector on that board. [quoted image][quoted image]

That connector is for the wrong game, won’t fit your game. Which mod did you buy?

#4823 4 years ago

My ball launch has been pretty much 100%. Lately it hits the post sleeve about 5-10% of the time. Looked and noticed that the end of the guide was dinged a little, so figured this was the problem and went to take it off to file it smooth again. Low and behold when I took it off, I noticed the anchor stud that is riveted on to it was broken. That might cause an issue. Emailed Stern and waiting to hear back. Here are a couple picks of it. One with the rough edge and one with the broken piece. Kinda weird.

IMG_0222 (resized).jpgIMG_0222 (resized).jpgIMG_0223 (resized).jpgIMG_0223 (resized).jpg
#4824 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

My ball launch has been pretty much 100%. Lately it hits the post sleeve about 5-10% of the time. Looked and noticed that the end of the guide was dinged a little, so figured this was the problem and went to take it off to file it smooth again. Low and behold when I took it off, I noticed the anchor stud that is riveted on to it was broken. That might cause an issue. Emailed Stern and waiting to hear back. Here are a couple picks of it. One with the rough edge and one with the broken piece. Kinda weird.[quoted image][quoted image]

Does your game have a lot of plays? That's a serious ball trail you got there.
Either way...hope Stern comes through !

#4825 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That connector is for the wrong game, won’t fit your game. Which mod did you buy?

Cointaker backboard lighting kit. I believe it needs the 12 volts and that 3 pin connector. I’ll contact Melissa, she is awesome.

#4826 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Does your game have a lot of plays? That's a serious ball trail you got there.
Either way...hope Stern comes through !

I've got 2,200 plays on it

#4827 4 years ago

Fast balls sometimes jump off the right ramp.... Anyone else experience that? Quick fix?

#4828 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Fast balls sometimes jump off the right ramp.... Anyone else experience that? Quick fix?

If you took the ramp off, make sure you put the black plastic spacer between the ramp mount and the sling.

#4829 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

If you took the ramp off, make sure you put the black plastic spacer between the ramp mount and the sling.

I didn't but would you mind taking a pic so I can check if it's on mine?

Edit - I know what you're referring to and I did remove that part to install spotlights so I fixed it. Thanks!

#4830 4 years ago

Has anyone installed Mezel Mods clear shooter lane protector ? Seems like a good idea.

#4831 4 years ago

Can someone resize these to fit to print for apron cards? I believe the size should be 6x3 but fedex machine won't allow me to do it myself.

Edit was able to resize - see file below (for others to use too).....

http://www.filedropper.com/final_8

4cab5e20bb664ce367dc7a980f895b045b1fe1e5 (resized).png4cab5e20bb664ce367dc7a980f895b045b1fe1e5 (resized).pngc6212694b26f1569cd6a2ffc589abea4719984e5 (resized).pngc6212694b26f1569cd6a2ffc589abea4719984e5 (resized).png

#4832 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Regarding the left handed drinker.....I don't like each pin to have them bc it's hard to get through the gap for fixing so strategically place them so only two results in always having the ability to reach for the drink.[quoted image]

You need this delt. The cup pops right off in case you need to get in there to work on your games.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pingulp-beverage-caddy-premium.html

#4833 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I didn't but would you mind taking a pic so I can check if it's on mine?
Edit - I know what you're referring to and I did remove that part to install spotlights so I fixed it. Thanks!

Kinda hard to see the spacer, but as you can see, the ramp should be off the sling plastic.

IMG_0225 (resized).jpgIMG_0225 (resized).jpgIMG_0226 (resized).jpgIMG_0226 (resized).jpg
#4834 4 years ago

Anyone have any guesses as to when we might see the next code update?

#4835 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Anyone have any guesses as to when we might see the next code update?

Assuming rick is off working on another upcoming pin's software. Hopefully they give him some time to zip up Iron Maiden a little tighter.

#4836 4 years ago

so this is very early on but here is my first custom mix for IMDN pro only. Removes all iron maiden music b/c well, I just can't stand it.

For now it's metallica and GNR but I might go all metallica. For those interested - see link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J-EUc5ZSgzyAikbSM1vI0yGqh94aBU_y

again very early on and things need to be refined but wanted to share what I have.

#4837 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Another mod question. Has anybody installed the backboard lighting kit from Cointaker? I have the LED’s in place and the cord end doesn’t plug into anything on the board behind the speaker panel. See pictures below, but the male end of the cord from the LED strip doesn’t match any connector on that board. [quoted image][quoted image]

I expecting that Cointaker may have an adapter for you, but yes that is a connection that is mainly used on SAM and WhiteStar system games....though Pinball Life does also include that connection type on their SPIKE and SPIKE 2 accessory power supply boards:

https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-cabinet-mounting.html

#4838 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I hate the mode... It's my least favorite mode... But, I think it needs to stay as is. I think Iron Maiden has really nice code. And I like that it slowly takes away shots to spell EDDIE. And at the end all that is left is the ramps to spell it out.

This makes you have to be accurate.
Icarus if you're accurate can be big points... And so I think that's part of the balance of the modes. They teach you... Force you to learn how to play the game.

And while I like Aces High and Rime MB... Really I get 6-20 million on Aces and maybe 10-20 millioni on average for rime... Aces High can be bigger points... Can be... Just got to hit your shots... ANd really if you hope to get deep in the game, you got to learn to make the ramps.

They not just unlock 2 Minutes to Midnight, but you need them for Cyborg MB as well.

#4839 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Manually move ball down ramp to end.

If it hits one of the crossover pieces at the bottom, it's a manufacturing fault.

I got a replacement.

#4840 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Has anyone installed Mezel Mods clear shooter lane protector ? Seems like a good idea.

I did, but didn’t like it and removed it. I had my shooter lane dialed in as far as auto launch making it around the loop. After I installed the protector auto launch was hitting the post sleeve again about 50%.

#4841 4 years ago

premium owners - I like the red lights that stern put and trying to replicate on pro. I got the slings and inlanes. I think there is one mid right. Are there are red bulbs in the back section of the game or just the five I mentioned?

thanks

#4842 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

premium owners - I like the red lights that stern put and trying to replicate on pro. I got the slings and inlanes. I think there is one mid right. Are there are red bulbs in the back section of the game or just the five I mentioned?
thanks

I found 3 more delt besides the ones that you mentioned. I see one in front of the pop bumber (under the guys foot) at the beginning of the left ramp. I see one on the bend of the small loop, and i also see one to the left of the spotlight beside the fireball loop and left ramp.

There is also one under the middle ramp insert but i think your game probably has that already. I hope this helps.

20190625_004820 (resized).jpg20190625_004820 (resized).jpg20190625_004741 (resized).jpg20190625_004741 (resized).jpg20190625_004755 (resized).jpg20190625_004755 (resized).jpg
#4843 4 years ago

Two more: Above the shooter lane (behind the UR flipper), and behind the drop targets (the upper bulb not the one right behind the drops).
944CB015-B484-4E26-9A25-81252F78025E (resized).jpeg944CB015-B484-4E26-9A25-81252F78025E (resized).jpeg8BFD77B9-D7AF-4148-B8FE-2C6E3548D3EE (resized).jpeg8BFD77B9-D7AF-4148-B8FE-2C6E3548D3EE (resized).jpeg

edit: One of these might what you referred to as "mid-right."

#4844 4 years ago

In this diagram, it's the bulbs marked 151 and 154. Stern PN 112-5034-02.

719E8A58-15CE-4D73-A1C7-C09BFF23BA96 (resized).jpeg719E8A58-15CE-4D73-A1C7-C09BFF23BA96 (resized).jpeg
#4845 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

In this diagram, it's the bulbs marked 151 and 154. Stern PN 112-5034-02.[quoted image]

I just found the one in the top left lol. This game is so much fun!!

20190625_013632 (resized).jpg20190625_013632 (resized).jpg
#4846 4 years ago

Awesome guys! Thanks!

#4847 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We got a late build so zero problems with the sarcophagus or newton ball.

Does this mean that Stern have made changes to these mechs to make them more reliable? Any other changes?
I'm considering buying a Premium and if they have been improved I will buy NIB rather than secondhand.
I would be more confident if a bugfix update is released soon also.

#4848 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Does this mean that Stern have made changes to these mechs to make them more reliable? Any other changes?
I'm considering buying a Premium and if they have been improved I will buy NIB rather than secondhand.
I would be more confident if a bugfix update is released soon also.

They did make some changes like grinding the newton ball post that goes under the playfield to a pencil point shape rather than blunt like the original run. Also added some ball trap plastics. Honestly, it's nothing too terrible, and I would have been able to fix things up if we had gotten an earlier-run version. It was nice to have it just WORK though.

The only things I changed was a stronger ball launch coil and a custom ball-trap plastic fix for the area between the captive ball and the pharaoh ramp (this is on a Prem).

#4849 4 years ago

Thanks for that info.

#4850 4 years ago

Really happy with the shaker motor on the Iron Maiden Pro! Well worth the investment. Here is a video of the Install. I would rate this "Easy"

Also added a 3D Cyborg Mod

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/97?hl=pinballmix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.