(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,642 posts
  • 1,040 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by awpepa
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 313.
#4751 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

agree - it's def not hands down the better pick like DP prem is over pro.
Well- I should have a pro by Friday or this weekend. Back in the club. Now off to change the music.....!!!

I give you 2 weeks tops and it will be gone.

#4752 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I give you 2 weeks tops and it will be gone.

Haha it is my second time owning although if I can get there music right that could be the case. Hopefully not bc it's such a fun and original game

#4753 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Premium LE owners will argue for their choice and pro the same. Tough to get a straight answer on pinside.

Rarely someone mentions extra cost when they compare which model is is better. Prem is great with the ball lock and added features, but runs about $1700 more. On resale you may be out a couple hundred more over the Prem purchase price over the Pro purchase price also. Just mentioning that folks financial comfort zones and how often they turn over games should play a factor in their decisions also.

I got one of the first 30 IMDN Pros off the line and have enjoyed mine a ton. Pin is beyond anything I would have expected. If I knew what the game would be like I think I would have choose the Prem. But I really enjoy my Pro with no plans for an upgrade. Both winners for sure.

#4754 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha it is my second time owning although if I can get there music right that could be the case. Hopefully not bc it's such a fun and original game

I have wanted this title since it came out . I really don’t care for the music either but I love the shots. Someday I will get one .

#4755 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Rarely someone mentions extra cost when they compare which model is is better. Prem is great with the ball lock and added features, but runs about $1700 more. On resale you may be out a couple hundred more over the Prem purchase price over the Pro purchase price also. Just mentioning that folks financial comfort zones and how often they turn over games should play a factor in their decisions also.
I got one of the first 30 IMDN Pros off the line and have enjoyed mine a ton. Pin is beyond anything I would have expected. If I knew what the game would be like I think I would have choose the Prem. But I really enjoy my Pro with no plans for an upgrade. Both winners for sure.

Both games are fantastic but i too prefer the Premium. It doesn’t matter which one you choose though because you win either way.

#4756 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have wanted this title since it came out . I really don’t care for the music either but I love the shots. Someday I will get one .

I'll share my remix once I get it done. I hate to say it but it will prob be Metallica and guns n roses! I just can't deal with the lead singer's voice although I really dig the guitar though.

The game shoots really well, has great call outs, great LCD and is just fun to play. Just need the music to work and we're golden.

Besides this and Deadpool it's a Stern explosion in my house all of a sudden but they did a great job on both.

#4757 4 years ago

I've played the pro maybe 30 times. It is faster, but I find my LE way more fun. As I've always said, Stern premiums should be the pros and LEs should be stacked for the ca$h they charge. I feel the LE feels populated like the pros Stern used to sell years ago. I only bought IMDN nib because I knew Archer was awesome and Kieth would do the game justice with design and code. I can't think of any other motivator that would convince me to buy another nib Stern. Maybe Keith's next game will have a great design AND bang for buck...

#4758 4 years ago

IMDN is awesome - but I can't figure out what lights the extra ball
is it a certain number of orbits?

#4759 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

IMDN is awesome - but I can't figure out what lights the extra ball
is it a certain number of orbits?

I think the basic extra ball is finishing three of the power objectives (power spinner, power targets, etc.) I don’t think it matters what three either, please correct if I’m wrong.
I also think there is another extra ball for number of loops (maybe 50?) and is there an EB tomb treasure?

#4760 4 years ago

Extra Balls

On factory settings there are three ways to light extra balls:

1.Complete third power feature
2.Collect 5th Tomb Treasure award
3.Make 50 loops

On the Premium/LE there is an adjustment (Feature Adjustment #59 “Madness Extra Ball Stage”) for collecting extra ball also during Can I Play With Madness mode. This adjustment is set to 0 (disabled) on factory settings.

#4761 4 years ago

I own a pro and was hoping someone on here could produce some apron cards that have the premium translight on one with rules and another with the LE translite and game designers on it for the other? OR can someone tell me the software you guys are using to design my own? Thanks!

#4762 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I own a pro and was hoping someone on here could produce some apron cards that have the premium translight on one with rules and another with the LE translite and game designers on it for the other? OR can someone tell me the software you guys are using to design my own? Thanks!

Photoshop.

#4763 4 years ago

Any tips for getting Mummy SJ?

For me hardest to get of the 4 Eddie cards.

#4764 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Rip the upper left spinner. Win. Those turns count as switch hits which qualify the mummy jackpot, so you can qualify the mummy jackpot with one rip if the ball's fast enough, two at most. Then hit the captive ball and repeat. It can be over very quickly since the spinner shot is not hard.

#4765 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Another strategy: hit both ramps to add a ball. Cradle two on left one on right. Send right ball into bumpers via the revive spinner. Then smack the orb. Repeat. This helps light revive and gets a lot of switch hits.

#4766 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rip the upper left spinner. Win. Those turns count as switch hits which qualify the mummy jackpot, so you can qualify the mummy jackpot with one rip if the ball's fast enough, two at most. Then hit the captive ball and repeat. It can be over very quickly since the spinner shot is not hard.

That is going to make it a lot easier - didn't know that!

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Another strategy: hit both ramps to add a ball. Cradle two on left one on right. Send right ball into bumpers via the revive spinner. Then smack the orb. Repeat. This helps light revive and gets a lot of switch hits.

Sounds good - not tried this either.

#4767 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Easier said than done... I can't hit the revive spinners with any consistency. . Do I just need to play better or is it a tough shot?

#4768 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Do I just need to play better or is it a tough shot?

Both

I suck at that shot also but it is getting better.

#4769 4 years ago

if anyone is thinking about other pins and wants to leave the club, PM me. Had a pro option but fell through....prem or pro.

#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

if anyone is thinking about other pins and wants to leave the club, PM me. Had a pro option but fell through....prem or pro.

I'm about to post mine for sale but I think you were looking for a local pin right?

#4771 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'm about to post mine for sale but I think you were looking for a local pin right?

If shipping doesn't kill it, I would be interested. PM if think there's a chance.

#4772 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Premium LE owners will argue for their choice and pro the same. Tough to get a straight answer on pinside.

You omit that owners may be that way because they made that conclusion and then bought their game Not just defending their purchase...

I've had access to one of the first pros shipped out to the region and play it weekly. I also had access to a very early LE... I ultimately bought a premium because I like the elements it added... even tho the 'pro' maybe better practice for tournaments. I decided I don't buy games to prep for competition, I buy games I want to enjoy.

#4773 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Easier said than done... I can't hit the revive spinners with any consistency. . Do I just need to play better or is it a tough shot?

It's a moderately tough shot, right at the end of your right flipper, but you need to get good at it. It should be the first thing you light up when you start a game, to give you outlane insurance.

#4774 4 years ago

How hard would it be to remove the head of IMDN? I don't have any spike games to check.

I know there are less cables but isn't there a power supply up there? Can you unplug that?

#4775 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

How hard would it be to remove the head of IMDN? I don't have any spike games to check.
I know there are less cables but isn't there a power supply up there? Can you unplug that?

Power supply is all within the head unless you have a DBA. Power supply goes to power distribution board, then to the machine. Way less cables than a classic 90's game or JJP.

#4776 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Power supply is all within the head unless you have a DBA. Power supply goes to power distribution board, then to the machine. Way less cables than a classic 90's game or JJP.

So you can unplug that power cable that goes to the machine?

#4777 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

So you can unplug that power cable that goes to the machine?

To move it? Sure.

#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

To move it? Sure.

Yea, I need to remove heads to get them into my game room. LOTR was like 30 plugs...

Thanks

#4779 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Yea, I need to remove heads to get them into my game room. LOTR was like 30 plugs...
Thanks

Spike is just a few plugs. One of the few ways Spike is better than SAM/Whitestar.

#4780 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Got my first ever mummy eddy card from this. Thank you!

#4781 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Got my first ever mummy eddy card from this. Thank you!

Now go for a level 2 card!

#4782 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Now go for a level 2 card!

fack i have no idea what that is. Time to read the ruleset again

#4783 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

fack i have no idea what that is. Time to read the ruleset again

Just get another super jackpot in the mummy multiball. Easy peasy now that you've done it once. The card will flash signifying it's a level 2 card.

#4784 4 years ago

This might be a dumb question, but in league last night I was having a brain fart. To stack a mode with multiball, do you have to start the mode 1st, then multiball? Or is it the other war around?

#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This might be a dumb question, but in league last night I was having a brain fart. To stack a mode with multiball, do you have to start the mode 1st, then multiball? Or is it the other war around?

Mode first, then multiball.

#4787 4 years ago

Fellow Pinsiders,

I've had the game for about 3 weeks now and just started realizing whenever I bring multiball into a mode the time freezes for the mode but when multi ball is over so is the mode? Anyone got any ideas. Thanks in advance.

#4788 4 years ago

I wonder why Iron Maiden doesn't have a Midnight Madness mode...?

#4789 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like a perfect pin for midnight madness, what recent pins have midnight madness?

#4790 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Seems like a perfect pin for midnight madness, what recent pins have midnight madness?

Yeah, that's why I thought it was weird Keith wouldn't have made sure it had a good one...

Munsters has the best theme integration on Midnight Madness I've ever seen. It's fantastic.

Game of Thrones has it. I keep forgetting to check Deadpool.

#4791 4 years ago

Only Dwight coded games have MM.

#4792 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Only Dwight coded games have MM.

Then explain how Congo, Johnny Mnemonic, Dirty Harry, etc all have it.

#4793 4 years ago

I was talking of the recent Sterns, sorry.

#4794 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I was talking of the recent Sterns, sorry.

Ah, I didn't know it was a stern rule. Wonder why?

#4795 4 years ago

Yeah cmon
Shurely Tim Sexton can implement Midnight Madness ???
Please !!!!!!
Also we are still waiting for code update to fix other concerns as well.
I am also hanging out for Jukebox
IMDN is worthy \m/

#4796 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You guys really want a MIDNIGHT madness mode on Iron Maiden.....???

doomsday-clock-ap-jrl-180125_12x5_992 (resized).jpgdoomsday-clock-ap-jrl-180125_12x5_992 (resized).jpg
#4797 4 years ago

Picked up a premium a few weeks ago, SUCH A GREAT GAME

#4798 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

You guys really want a MIDNIGHT madness mode on Iron Maiden.....??? [quoted image]

Of course. If that's the angle they go with, make it great. I want to see Indiana Jones-level face melting.

#4799 4 years ago

Yeah that would be the ultimate 2 minutes to midnight madness. DO IT STERN!!

#4800 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It would go off at 11:58

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 15,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/96?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.