(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 317.
#4651 4 years ago

Little Stranger Eddie turned out nice. Drilled two holes through the base. Super glued the figure to it and used thin zip ties to connect the base to the original bracket. I don’t have a wide selection of 555 LED’s so I used an incandescent for the spotlight which I have tons of. Gave me the warm color I wanted.
040339BF-FC42-4EC8-B1F6-E97A70789C91 (resized).jpeg040339BF-FC42-4EC8-B1F6-E97A70789C91 (resized).jpeg48B18B82-CDE9-4E5F-AD1B-5B0A7484FC9B (resized).jpeg48B18B82-CDE9-4E5F-AD1B-5B0A7484FC9B (resized).jpeg6E728F6F-9035-4445-8FB4-33A05FE690C2 (resized).jpeg6E728F6F-9035-4445-8FB4-33A05FE690C2 (resized).jpeg

#4652 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

This was a harness issue that has been corrected.

Awesome.
Thanks for posting and also for taking great care of your customers.

#4653 4 years ago

Finally got time this weekend to color and install Virelands Anubis Figure kit.

One of the easiest mods to install.

Very cool.

20190527_143605 (resized).jpg20190527_143605 (resized).jpg20190527_143627 (resized).jpg20190527_143627 (resized).jpg20190527_143742 (resized).jpg20190527_143742 (resized).jpg
#4654 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Finally got time this weekend to color and install Virelands Anubis Figure kit.
One of the easiest mods to install.
Very cool.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So choice.

I will get to putting out instructions to uplight it on Premium/LEs one of these days. You have to basically double-stack the spotlights. The lower will be a spotlight and the upper will be the existing flasher.

#4655 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Decided to play around with my upper flipper alignment to see if I could find a solution that didn't involve having to leave the flipper rubber off completely which could leave that flipper vulnerable to cracking. My flipper was previously centered on the alignment hole but I moved it forward about a cm. The results aren't as dramatic as with the rubber removed but it is much easier to hit the super jackpot shot now. Loops are slightly easier to hit than before and the lower loops shot is more open now. Overall it's a nice improvement from before. Not as dramatic of an improvement as with the rubber removed but a nice compromise.[quoted image]

So speaking of flipper alignment...does anyone think the lower flippers are too low? I'm sure thats what they had in mind when designing this game but, if you compare where they sit with other games, they sit lower. Would it be considered cheating if they were raised a tad?

#4656 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So speaking of flipper alignment...does anyone think the lower flippers are too low? I'm sure thats what they had in mind when designing this game but, if you compare where they sit with other games, they sit lower. Would it be considered cheating if they were raised a tad?

Not sure if this would fix my issue but the ball seems to hop a little coming from the left return lane to the flipper, making the right ramp and right loop very inconsistent. Would raising up the flipper a bit help with that? If so I would do that in a heartbeat. Right flipper seems ok.

#4657 4 years ago

For some reason I watched the Stern 'Making of Iron Maiden Pinball' video again. This may have come up in here before, but I noticed (when they showed the game cad) it looks very much like the sarcophagus lock on the left, showing two balls locked in there!
I really hope that this is something that was always intended, but the code needed to catch up with the mechanism, so it released as a single ball lock initially.
Please please please make this happen Keith!!
ball lock (resized).jpgball lock (resized).jpg

#4658 4 years ago

I would love to see on the new code a "random letter ramp", when you put it on hard after the first mode you always shot right and left ramp to get letters, if they can put it on random, you need to shot all over the playfield go get letters... Is a simple update that would make all the diference.

#4659 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

I would love to see on the new code a "random letter ramp", when you put it on hard after the first mode you always shot right and left ramp to get letters, if they can put it on random, you need to shot all over the playfield go get letters... Is a simple update that would make all the diference.

Thats a pretty good idea. If you were to send that to Stern that is something that i bet they may consider.

#4660 4 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

... showing two balls locked in there!

Interesting. I wish the video wasn't so short; I have a feeling that 5 minutes doesn't allow for the 'Making of ANY Pin.'

#4661 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats a pretty good idea. If you were to send that to Stern that is something that i bet they may consider.

How can we post this ideia for Stern can see or consider it? I this is a small change, but with massive results...

#4662 4 years ago

Has anyone made custom score cards for the premium machine? I would like a set in the orange tone if possible!! Thanks

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

What letters are you referring to?
Maybe I am having a senior moment but I can’t make sense of this idea.

#4664 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What letters are you referring to?
Maybe I am having a senior moment but I can’t make sense of this idea.

He’s referring to the EDDIE letters you collect for modes; i.e. white arrows. When you start the game all shots are lit to get a letter. As you progress deeper into the game only the left and right ramps are lit for letters. The idea would be to give the option of instead of right/left Ramps that the shot toggled randomly amongst all shots and that’s the shot to get a letter.

It’s a great idea; but man, if it ever hit the mini loop, that would suck! Lol.

#4665 4 years ago

Yeah, I didnt know what he meant by collecting letters. I just assumed it was something I'm not good enough to have seen.

Edit. Oh ok.

#4666 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

For casual home play, the game could certainly use a bit more 'randomness'.

Rob

#4667 4 years ago

Got this guy off eBay . Pretty cheap for a pretty sweet mod!!

71E05A81-B041-4FB9-80A4-4CA6435DD97C (resized).png71E05A81-B041-4FB9-80A4-4CA6435DD97C (resized).png
#4668 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Got this guy off eBay . Pretty cheap for a pretty sweet mod!![quoted image]

Which company made that one? Can you link the eBay ad?

#4669 4 years ago

Just went to battle with this guy....and he kicked my a**.

179CC6A9-0E8F-40E4-B679-00329F8F9656 (resized).jpeg179CC6A9-0E8F-40E4-B679-00329F8F9656 (resized).jpeg
#4670 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just went to battle with this guy....and he kicked my a**.[quoted image]

Ohhhh man.... Never ever got to that mode...
I only ever got mummy card one time...
Again... My sarcophagus newton ball needs to be fixed as it just makes mummy mb too hard...
And so... The one time I did get that card and got to 2 minutes 2 midnight I failed to get my trooper card... Which I generally get 60-70% of the time in my trooper mb...

Congrats.

I might need to move up my balls to 10 and give it a go!!!!

#4671 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

I’d love to see some new code with two new songs via a vote like they did with Metallica.

#4672 4 years ago

Anyone add a Pinball Life Shaker Motor to a PRO?

I just installed a shaker in my GOT Premium and it's ok.

Trying to see if it's worth it for the Iron Maiden Pro

#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

I bought a Stern Shaker and I really like it. I have a coin taker in my MET Pre and hate it so it's disconnected. I should probably sell it...

#4674 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I bought a Stern Shaker and I really like it. I have a coin taker in my MET Pre and hate it so it's disconnected. I should probably sell it...

I have a stern shaker in my maiden and I'm on my 2nd stern shaker in Metallica. (1st one was replaced) All 3 started squeaking after about 2 mo. of home use. Not bad but worth mentioning

#4675 4 years ago

maiden has some terrific shaker integration built into it.

#4676 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have a stern shaker in my maiden and I'm on my 2nd stern shaker in Metallica. (1st one was replaced) All 3 started squeaking after about 2 mo. of home use. Not bad but worth mentioning

Try Pinball Life ones? Never had an issue with them...

#4677 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I’d love to see some new code with two new songs via a vote like they did with Metallica.

The funny thing is I voted and didn’t even have a Metallica. I pushed hard for Orion but lost in the end. What two Maiden songs would you ask for?

#4678 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

What two Maiden songs would you ask for?

So many to choose from but for pinball I'd probably go with something like Iron Maiden and The Clairvoyant.

Revelations and Stranger in a Strange Land also great songs but don't seem as suited to pinball IMHO.

Honorable mention to Doctor Doctor although it's technically not a Maiden song it's such a part of their live shows it would be perfect for an attract mode.

It would be fun to start a poll for this.

#4679 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

What two Maiden songs would you ask for?

Holy Smoke!
Bring your daughter to the slaughter!

#4680 4 years ago

Wicker Man
DejaVu

#4681 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

I have the stern shaker, and it's eh...
could of done without it.

If you don't have one already, put the money in a subwoofer

#4682 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

He’s referring to the EDDIE letters you collect for modes; i.e. white arrows. When you start the game all shots are lit to get a letter. As you progress deeper into the game only the left and right ramps are lit for letters. The idea would be to give the option of instead of right/left Ramps that the shot toggled randomly amongst all shots and that’s the shot to get a letter.
It’s a great idea; but man, if it ever hit the mini loop, that would suck! Lol.

The problem with that suggestion is that if the ramps aren't lit to light a letter, and instead the orbit is lit for a letter it could force you to start Trooper, or collect a Tomb Treasuer rather than lighting a letter progressing to starting a mode. It would actually limit your strategy choice.

The one change I would like to see in reference to the letters is that once you have played 2mtm the lighting of letters returns to the same state as at start of game- rather than just being ramps which can make the game a hell of a grind if you still need to collect Soul Shards from incomplete modes (I know Mystery Lv3 awards a SS after NotB - but only once).

I'd also prefer it if Cyborg MB didn't take precedence over everything else at the Pharaoh Shot, nothing more annoying than having NotB lit and having to play CB MB first.

#4683 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

The problem with that suggestion is that if the ramps aren't lit to light a letter, and instead the orbit is lit for a letter it could force you to start Trooper, or collect a Tomb Treasuer rather than lighting a letter progressing to starting a mode. It would actually limit your strategy choice.
The one change I would like to see in reference to the letters is that once you have played 2mtm the lighting of letters returns to the same state as at start of game- rather than just being ramps which can make the game a hell of a grind if you still need to collect Soul Shards from incomplete modes (I know Mystery Lv3 awards a SS after NotB - but only once).
I'd also prefer it if Cyborg MB didn't take precedence over everything else at the Pharaoh Shot, nothing more annoying than having NotB lit and having to play CB MB first.

A revolving shot would fix this issue. Something needs to be done about the issue. "I made it to the last two modes, so now I just shoot ramps until I die or succeed..."

#4684 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

So many to choose from but for pinball I'd probably go with something like Iron Maiden and The Clairvoyant.
Revelations and Stranger in a Strange Land also great songs but don't seem as suited to pinball IMHO.
Honorable mention to Doctor Doctor although it's technically not a Maiden song it's such a part of their live shows it would be perfect for an attract mode.
It would be fun to start a poll for this.

I started a thread last year. Got a couple responses. Not that it’s gonna happen but, if it did, I doubt anything from their first two albums (Di’Anno singing) would be allowed and nothing newer than Fear of the Dark. I still like my choices of The Evil That Men Do and Stranger in a Strange Land. Powerslave has plenty of representation already.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/two-more-songs-on-iron-maiden-where-s-the-stern-poll

#4685 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

A revolving shot would fix this issue. Something needs to be done about the issue. "I made it to the last two modes, so now I just shoot ramps until I die or succeed..."

That is exatly my point.... this game deserves more than that...

#4686 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I started a thread last year. Got a couple responses. Not that it’s gonna happen but, if it did, I doubt anything from their first two albums (Di’Anno singing) would be allowed and nothing newer than Fear of the Dark. I still like my choices of The Evil That Men Do and Stranger in a Strange Land.

Pinball MIX can professionally edit in all your favorite Maiden songs ...

Which Maiden track in the video do you like the best???

#4687 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

Pinball MIX can professionally edit in all your favorite Maiden songs ...

Which Maiden track in the video do you like the best???

Well you got “Number of the Beast” playing the B side “That Girl.” Interesting but what I want is an official release with the track title artwork. Like I said before, they don’t have to make any new modes. Just add two songs.

#4688 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Well you got “Number of the Beast” playing the B side “That Girl.” Interesting bit what I want is an official release with the track title artwork. Like I said before, they don’t have to make any new modes. Just add two songs.

Well, unlock Run to the Hills and that becomes a permanent song choice in the game.

#4689 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, unlock Run to the Hills and that becomes a permanent song choice in the game.

What? Please explain. Are there hidden songs?

#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Its always a choice. I havent made it there yet but its readily available. (I had to cheat at Metallica to unlock End of the Line permanently)

#4691 4 years ago

To be blunt. Are there hidden songs?

#4692 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

To be blunt. Are there hidden songs?

It's not hidden per-se, but it's not in your song rotation until you play the Run to the Hills super-wizard mode. After that, you can select it as a song from then on any time in the game.

#4693 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not hidden per-se, but it's not in your song rotation until you play the Run to the Hills super-wizard mode. After that, you can select it as a song from then on any time in the game.

What song? Run to the Hills is always selectable.

#4694 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

What song? Run to the Hills is always selectable.

Haha, maybe it changed and I didn't notice. I have my favorite songs to play to and that's not one of them.

#4695 4 years ago

My NIB IMDN had run to the hills selectable on the first play. They maybe changed it in a code update.

#4697 4 years ago

Got 5 balls stuffed in the underworld last night during can I play with madness.

IMG_20190530_195731 (resized).jpgIMG_20190530_195731 (resized).jpg
#4698 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Well you got “Number of the Beast” playing the B side “That Girl.” Interesting but what I want is an official release with the track title artwork. Like I said before, they don’t have to make any new modes. Just add two songs.

Yeah, it would be sweet to see a couple more songs officially added with the title artwork on Maiden. Or a live version of the whole thing. There are some good live recordings (like Rio).

The songs originally selected for Maiden are great. They did a good job picking many of the best. My service offers an option for the die-hard Maiden fans.

That's the beauty of Pinball MIX. If you don't like "That Girl" (and I don't blame you), you get to put whatever favorite Maiden songs you want in your machine. Oh, and Number of the beast is still in the machine on this MIX, it is reserved for the wizard mode.

Many of the people I have mixed for say that they love being able to easily switch between the original game music and their custom mixes. Especially for Spike as the switch is as easy as swapping SD cards. No long update times. Nearly plug and play. They say switching between original and custom keeps the game fresh for them.

In the demo video I posted above, what did you think of the Di'Anno stuff, and the live version of Fear of the Dark?

#4699 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish those super modes were actually super.... Probably the most disappointing part of the rules other than lack of variation in the way the modes play..
Rob

What super modes? The modes are very diverse from one another. Are you in the right thread...

#4700 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Got 5 balls stuffed in the underworld last night during can I play with madness.

Same here. Happened a month ago. I vowed not to take the glass off and let it try to unstick them itself. Patience paid off. After 3 minutes of ball searches, it managed to move them enough to kick them all out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/94?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.