(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 317.
#4601 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Same here. Mode tree and fireball loop. Love em.

Ordered! Thanks!!

#4602 4 years ago

Question about the Egypt topper: Does it flash or give feedback based on gameplay or just cycle through patterns? It says "fully interactive" in the description but it isn't really clear what that means.

I think I'm just trying to justify to myself dropping 400 bucks on it.

#4603 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Question about the Egypt topper: Does it flash or give feedback based on gameplay or just cycle through patterns? It says "fully interactive" in the description but it isn't really clear what that means.
I think I'm just trying to justify to myself dropping 400 bucks on it.

It flashes according to gameplay.
It actually is a cool topper and looks WAY better in person than pics show.

Is it way overpriced...big Yep.
Does it fit the theme perfectly and look like it belongs there...also big Yep.

These toppers are uber expensive, but for my favorite games I still find myself buying them.

If you don't mind the $$$ to drop, the print quality is good and the light flashes work well with the game as well, if you get it, I think you'll like it. I really like mine!

#4604 4 years ago

Here's some close ups and different angles which you don't normally see from ad pics:
20190522_080417 (resized).jpg20190522_080417 (resized).jpg20190522_080422 (resized).jpg20190522_080422 (resized).jpg20190522_080434 (resized).jpg20190522_080434 (resized).jpg20190522_080447 (resized).jpg20190522_080447 (resized).jpg20190522_080451 (resized).jpg20190522_080451 (resized).jpg20190522_080513 (resized).jpg20190522_080513 (resized).jpg

20190522_081212 (resized).jpg20190522_081212 (resized).jpg
#4605 4 years ago

The Egypt topper looks really cool... But $400? It doesn't look that cool, unfortunately.

#4606 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The Egypt topper looks really cool... But $400? It doesn't look that cool, unfortunately.

Yeah, it's like $50 in materials, if that. I hate these newer toppers Stern is putting out that are so basic. Game of Thrones' topper was epic, Batman'66 was pretty nice, but they're getting worse, not better as they go.

Maybe Star Wars' topper will change my mind IF it ever gets approved for release. Crazy that there's still no official topper for it.

#4607 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's like $50 in materials, if that. I hate these newer toppers Stern is putting out that are so basic. Game of Thrones' topper was epic, Batman'66 was pretty nice, but they're getting worse, not better as they go.
Maybe Star Wars' topper will change my mind IF it ever gets approved for release. Crazy that there's still no official topper for it.

Exactly. I'd pay maybe $100-$150 for the Egypt topper for IMDN, but that's it.

I've never seen the GOT or Batman toppers -- have to check Youtube now.

#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'm not a topper person but I did buy the GOT one. Having the houses that you've qualified lit up on the topper is a nice touch but the dragon flapping it's wings set it over the top for me. Kind of feels like Drogon watching over me when I play now.

#4609 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yeah i tend to agree. The price just doesn't justify it. I'm playing the game, not looking above the backglass. Hell, i'm so busy playing multiball 1/2 the time that a rarely see the LCD monitor. I personally would rather add 400 in PF mods.

#4610 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Here's some close ups and different angles which you don't normally see from ad pics:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks fantastic. Do you get those from Stern or from distributors? Would be hard for me to pull the trigger at 400 dollars but damn that looks nice.

#4611 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That looks fantastic. Do you get those from Stern or from distributors? Would be hard for me to pull the trigger at 400 dollars but damn that looks nice.

Thanks, I got mine from a distributor, gameroomguys.com to be specific. They are the same price everywhere.

Definitely no argument from me on it being super expensive and overpriced for what you get......but I still like it

#4612 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Thanks, I got mine from a distributor, gameroomguys.com to be specific. They are the same price everywhere.
Definitely no argument from me on it being super expensive and overpriced for what you get......but I still like it

Its expensive and over priced for sure but I wouldn’t say its stupid expensive. Its close but not quite to that point and the way i look at it is if it makes you happy and you enjoy it, then its worth the 400 dollars.

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have this topper too. I like it, but crazy expensive for what it is. It has the same lighting effect as the Zero with different print/layout. It's mostly for the non-players in the room. The player hardly knows its there until end-game.

Good to see someone sharing images of it. All images found online were the same studio shot.

#4614 4 years ago

Do toppers significantly factor into plays/revenue when used on location? I wonder if Stern considers that in their pricing moreso than just "looks cool" value for home users? It might be easier to justify if you could count on getting another 400 plays at $1 each (or whatever).

#4615 4 years ago

Pretty Stoked. Took delivery of my first NIB pin today.

Can't wait to open it and get it setup!

Plan to install a shaker motor and some Cliffys

IRon Maiden (resized).jpgIRon Maiden (resized).jpg
#4616 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Plan to install a shaker motor and some Cliffys[quoted image]

Dumb question, what Cliffy’s? Don’t see anything on his website??

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Dumb question, what Cliffy’s? Don’t see anything on his website??

Look in the "new" section. Here's a picture of the set. Email cliff to order one.
https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/IMDN-LE-Set-001.jpg

#4618 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Plan to install a shaker motor and some Cliffys[quoted image]

Congrats! You just got one hell of a great first game!

#4619 4 years ago

I played an IM pro last night for the first time since getting my Premium a few months ago. It was a much different game, you really miss the under ramp shot for mode starts and locking and starting mummy MB is much less satisfying. Hitting the newton ball for orb jackpots is so so satisfying. I’m so glad I opted for the premium! Still a great shooter in either format.

#4620 4 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I played an IM pro last night for the first time since getting my Premium a few months ago. It was a much different game, you really miss the under ramp shot for mode starts and locking and starting mummy MB is much less satisfying. Hitting the newton ball for orb jackpots is so so satisfying. I’m so glad I opted for the premium! Still a great shooter in either format.

I’m in the opposite boat. Played a premium for the first time in a long time and still have the same feelings; awesome game no matter what version is really the truth, and the mummy lock shot is fantastic. But the right orbit tomb treasure shot on the pro makes that shot more relevant where its pretty close to meaningless on the prem, the mummy captive ball shots are more satisfying on the pro, I like that the middle ramp mode shot sets up side flipper shots - but the prem up ramp is a more controlled mode start which is better in the sense that the player has more control, but with a layout that can be forgiving and long at times putting the ball in more danger is welcomed for more hectic gameplay; lastly, i like the power jackpot target as its more reliable.

All in all, the pro plays slightly quicker to reduce ball times; the game is great no matter what version, but much prefer the faster/harder pro and saved a couple grand to use towards upgrading my DP to the premium

#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I feel ya, I am typically a premium buyer. However I felt the PRO would get the job done for me on this one and my master plan will be to purchase a BKSOR PRO shortly. If I opted for the Premium, I only would have gotten that pin. I love both of these games in PRO

#4622 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look in the "new" section. Here's a picture of the set. Email cliff to order one.
https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/IMDN-LE-Set-001.jpg

Thank you

#4623 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

I feel ya, I am typically a premium buyer. However I felt the PRO would get the job done for me on this one and my master plan will be to purchase a BKSOR PRO shortly. If I opted for the Premium, I only would have gotten that pin. I love both of these games in PRO

There are no losers with this game here. The pro and premium both are really great games.

#4624 4 years ago

Premium/LE does introduce a small amount of stop and go, which I prefer. Makes left ramp more relevant and raising ramp is just more variety and fun. I also get to enjoy the animations and tunes a little more while I check my strategy and swig a coldy. My buddy has a pro and I still like it. Stripped and fast is still fun, but it's missing the variety I prefer.

#4625 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I posted a video review of the Batman 66 topper and also the Stern Airplane Iron Maiden topper on my site. The original Pinside link is listed below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/88#post-4952389

#4626 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

the mummy captive ball shots are more satisfying on the pro.

Rest of the items fall in the "to each their own" to me but this one gets me scratching my head a little bit. How is the pro captive ball shot more satisfying? Both captive balls do the same thing and feel the same (assuming Prem captive is dialed in properly). The only real difference is the ability to knock a ball out of there to start mummy which feels way more satisfying to me.

The ability to lock balls during Mummy or getting a 4 ball Trooper is pretty cool to. Maybe I'm missing something on the pro here.

#4627 4 years ago

The ability to lock balls during Mummy or getting a 4 ball Trooper is pretty cool to. Maybe I'm missing something on the pro here.

You can get the 4 ball trooper on a pro as well

#4628 4 years ago

Accidentally loaded the Sarcophagus with an air-ball off the ramp. The Beast says, "Diiirty Poool". I love it.

DirtyPool (resized).jpgDirtyPool (resized).jpg
#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Accidentally loaded the Sarcophagus with an air-ball off the ramp. The Beast says, "Diiirty Poool". I love it.[quoted image]

Awesome.
Won't be hearing that on my Pro model though.

#4630 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Rest of the items fall in the "to each their own" to me but this one gets me scratching my head a little bit. How is the pro captive ball shot more satisfying? Both captive balls do the same thing and feel the same (assuming Prem captive is dialed in properly). The only real difference is the ability to knock a ball out of there to start mummy which feels way more satisfying to me.

Maybe because the Pro always has a second ball behind the contact ball whereas the Premium starts off as just a single ball which isn't as satisfying to hit.

#4631 4 years ago

After watching the Robert Gagno video where he reached RTTH without a flipper rubber on the upper left mini flipper I thought I'd give the "no rubber" thing a try myself and the results are fantastic!

I can make 4-5 mini loops in a row pretty consistently which I could never do with the rubber. I can also make the "Super" shot more easily and shooting lower orbits is easier and more lucrative because you no longer need to raise that flipper when doing loops. The only downside I can see is that it could make that flipper more prone to breakage with it off. I think the ideal solution would be some kind of low profile rubber to use as a compromise but I'm not sure if something like that exists?

If you want to see the difference yourself, give it a try!

#4632 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Feels like I’m hitting a brick on the prem/Le - like the difference between Met Pro vs LE; captive ball vs brick.

#4633 4 years ago

Any suggestions for Mirror Blades?
I see that the IMDN has a recessed backbox bolt; is there a manufacture for that has a Mirror blade that fits well?

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Any suggestions for Mirror Blades?
I see that the IMDN has a recessed backbox bolt; is there a manufacture for that has a Mirror blade that fits well?

Had cointaker blades on mine, perfect fit.

#4635 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Had cointaker blades on mine, perfect fit.

I'm assuming the Stern DMD model, with the hole for the back box hinges?

#4636 4 years ago

Ok, who is sick of IM or wants to go from a pro to a premium and sell me their pro.

#4637 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I'm assuming the Stern DMD model, with the hole for the back box hinges?

No, blades for stern games don’t have the hole for the backbox hinges since they are recessed.

#4638 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

After watching the Robert Gagno video where he reached RTTH without a flipper rubber on the upper left mini flipper I thought I'd give the "no rubber" thing a try myself and the results are fantastic!
I can make 4-5 mini loops in a row pretty consistently which I could never do with the rubber. I can also make the "Super" shot more easily and shooting lower orbits is easier and more lucrative because you no longer need to raise that flipper when doing loops. The only downside I can see is that it could make that flipper more prone to breakage with it off. I think the ideal solution would be some kind of low profile rubber to use as a compromise but I'm not sure if something like that exists?

I’m going to try this... I don’t think I’ve ever hit the small loop for a combo...

#4639 4 years ago

Decided to fire up my game this weekend and to my surprise I had a couple of pretty nice games. I even got to 2 minutes to midnight. This is the first time I got to it on the current settings and code update. Been close a few times, but finally was able to get there.

Do you guys think there will be another code update, or is IM done with the code. Just curious. I really like the most recent code. As the change I liked the best was to revive and how you can start to build it back up after just using one outlane.

#4640 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Decided to fire up my game this weekend and to my surprise I had a couple of pretty nice games. I even got to 2 minutes to midnight. This is the first time I got to it on the current settings and code update. Been close a few times, but finally was able to get there.
Do you guys think there will be another code update, or is IM done with the code. Just curious. I really like the most recent code. As the change I liked the best was to revive and how you can start to build it back up after just using one outlane.

There are still issues and they need a version with the new OS released, so I would be shocked if there wasn't at least one more update.

#4641 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are still issues and they need a version with the new OS released, so I would be shocked if there wasn't at least one more update.

Well... One thing I'd wish they'd do. Is the game to keep track of the balls in play better... My game wigs out when I hit the ball out of the mummy lock and it doesn't register. So then when one of the two balls in play drains... Well... My ball ends because teh MB never started.
And then sometimes when I do trigger the MB on the next ball. It launches 2 balls. So I have 3 balls in play instead of the correct 2...
And then when I drain down to 2 balls... Sometimes the MB ends... But, when I do finally lose the 2nd ball. The ball doesn't end. It ends when I lose the final ball...

But, there are rare times when the ball ends with still 1 ball in play...

And on other multiballs like hte trooper it can send out an extra ball as well... However, if I stay away from mummy or if it triggers like its supposed to, I don't experience these issues.

And I really don't see how hard it is to program in the game to know where the balls are. Maybe it is... But, I think they could fix it with code...
I do know I need to adjust my sarcophagus ball and finally fix it... But, I'm really not good at these types of fixes. So I'm hoping that the next time I buy a pinball from Hemphispheres I can pay them to make that fix for me when they set up my new game...

But, I might just try to make the fix myself eventually... But, its not a major issue... Just a minor annoyance really.

#4642 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... One thing I'd wish they'd do. Is the game to keep track of the balls in play better... My game wigs out when I hit the ball out of the mummy lock and it doesn't register. So then when one of the two balls in play drains... Well... My ball ends because teh MB never started.
And then sometimes when I do trigger the MB on the next ball. It launches 2 balls. So I have 3 balls in play instead of the correct 2...
And then when I drain down to 2 balls... Sometimes the MB ends... But, when I do finally lose the 2nd ball. The ball doesn't end. It ends when I lose the final ball...
But, there are rare times when the ball ends with still 1 ball in play...
And on other multiballs like hte trooper it can send out an extra ball as well... However, if I stay away from mummy or if it triggers like its supposed to, I don't experience these issues.
And I really don't see how hard it is to program in the game to know where the balls are. Maybe it is... But, I think they could fix it with code...
I do know I need to adjust my sarcophagus ball and finally fix it... But, I'm really not good at these types of fixes. So I'm hoping that the next time I buy a pinball from Hemphispheres I can pay them to make that fix for me when they set up my new game...
But, I might just try to make the fix myself eventually... But, its not a major issue... Just a minor annoyance really.

It's weird how some pins handle ball management really well and others don't. But yeah, I agree with what you're saying.

#4643 4 years ago

Anyone know why loop jackpot loops do not count toward total loops? The extra ball at 50 loops with this lack of count is brutal. I lowered it to forty and it’s still crazy difficult.

Speaking of ball management, counting loops during mb auto-launches is terrible. They could code the timing to make it work almost perfect.

#4644 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Yes, more code is coming. I have recently discussed this with Keith Elwin to confirm this.

#4645 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Decided to play around with my upper flipper alignment to see if I could find a solution that didn't involve having to leave the flipper rubber off completely which could leave that flipper vulnerable to cracking. My flipper was previously centered on the alignment hole but I moved it forward about a cm. The results aren't as dramatic as with the rubber removed but it is much easier to hit the super jackpot shot now. Loops are slightly easier to hit than before and the lower loops shot is more open now. Overall it's a nice improvement from before. Not as dramatic of an improvement as with the rubber removed but a nice compromise.

IMG_20190526_091624 (resized).jpgIMG_20190526_091624 (resized).jpg
#4646 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is the video on youtube?

#4647 4 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Is the video on youtube?

Yes it is

#4648 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Decided to play around with my upper flipper alignment to see if I could find a solution that didn't involve having to leave the flipper rubber off completely which could leave that flipper vulnerable to cracking. My flipper was previously centered on the alignment hole but I moved it forward about a cm. The results aren't as dramatic as with the rubber removed but it is much easier to hit the super jackpot shot now. Loops are slightly easier to hit than before and the lower loops shot is more open now. Overall it's a nice improvement from before. Not as dramatic of an improvement as with the rubber removed but a nice compromise.[quoted image]

that seems, like that's where is should be. Straight line down that top rail.

#4649 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that seems, like that's where is should be. Straight line down that top rail.

Agreed. Kind of ticked at myself for waiting a year to change it but oh well... I used to have to bump it off the rail a slight bit to hit the super but now I can hit it flush. I think the reason the "no rubber" solution works so well is that the feed is in front of the flipper vs. gliding directly on the flipper. Kind of felt like cheating playing that way though so an adjustment is a better compromise.

#4650 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just an FYI. My cousin and I both got the $49 non branded version for our Pro models.
Mine went two weeks before the left channel just gave up and went out.
Pinball life did replace at no cost to me and so far so good.
However my cousin just had his quit altogether.

This was a harness issue that has been corrected.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 24.50
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.