(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 317.
#4551 4 years ago

Convince me why I should buy a premium vs saving some coin on the PRO

#4552 4 years ago

IMo Pro, less time tweaking your game. No Newton ball issues, sarcophagus lock shot happens only a few times a game. Middle scoop is cool but I don’t like how it pops back out, should have been a subway return to your flippers.

Premium art is dope though.

To teach their own

#4553 4 years ago

I went pro and have no regrets.

#4554 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I went pro and have no regrets.

Ditto here. Added how many mods already now, and still nowhere even near a Premium price. .

#4555 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

IMo Pro, less time tweaking your game. No Newton ball issues, sarcophagus lock shot happens only a few times a game. Middle scoop is cool but I don’t like how it pops back out, should have been a subway return to your flippers.
To teach their own

We had a pro on the route for almost a year before upgrading it to a Premium. The Premium is a way better experience. It plays a lot different because of the raising center ramp and hitting the left ramp to load the captive ball. We got a late build so zero problems with the sarcophagus or newton ball. Having played both extensively, it's Premium all the way.

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Convince me why I should buy a premium vs saving some coin on the PRO

You will be happy with any of them.
I own a PRO and have a premium 5 min away which I also play.
You need to play both and make up your own mind but to me the difference does not justify the extra cost for the premium.

#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

To teach their own

I have 0 issues with it "popping back out" of the scoop
I may of missed it, but not heard of anybody else having issues with this either.

Premium is a good package for this title
Either way it's a great pin, go premium if you can afford it

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your newton ball on the left is registering hits from vibration or needs to be adjusted. Put it in switch test mode and you'll see it. If it's not immediately obvious smack the playfield with your open palm to create vibration which should trigger it.

This is 100% correct. Happened to me, and I needed to adjust the Newton ball to the left.

#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I have 0 issues with it "popping back out" of the scoop
I may of missed it, but not heard of anybody else having issues with this either.
Premium is a good package for this title
Either way it's a great pin, go premium if you can afford it

I never said it was an issue, just a feature that could have been executed better is all.

#4560 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We had a pro on the route for almost a year before upgrading it to a Premium. The Premium is a way better experience. It plays a lot different because of the raising center ramp and hitting the left ramp to load the captive ball. We got a late build so zero problems with the sarcophagus or newton ball. Having played both extensively, it's Premium all the way.

Played the pro on location a ton and it was pretty fun, but once we played a premium at a show, we were hooked. We pulled the trigger on the premium.

#4561 4 years ago

Owning a pro and having recently played a premium. I find the premium a bit easier to play. It's easier to hit the clairvoyant and it's way easier to start modes etc. in the underworld than hitting the sphinx target.

#4562 4 years ago

The premium/LE, in general, is just a better experience all the way around.

I hate every time I have to play a pro.

#4563 4 years ago

Powered subwoofer, anyone?

If so, can I trouble you for a little installation advice?

Please shoot me a PM if you have a few minutes to hear my setup. I would be oh-so grateful. It's super basic, but I can't get it to work. A Polk PSW10 and just a wiring harness (four leads) connecting the game's subwoofer out (pos/neg) to the Polk's inputs, polarities matched.

Thanks!

#4564 4 years ago

J

All you need is speaker wire and alligator clips, roach clips, whatever you want to call them.
Clip the speaker wire to the +/- inputs on the pins sub then connect the other end to the powered sub. I've done this to all my games and it works like a charm.

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I never said it was an issue, just a feature that could have been executed better is all.

Disagree, it's decent how it is now
Don't see how any design change would improve it or make it any better

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

J
All you need is speaker wire and alligator clips, roach clips, whatever you want to call them.
Clip the speaker wire to the +/- inputs on the pins sub then connect the other end to the powered sub. I've done this to all my games and it works like a charm.

I usually do this also, but went with a pinnovators sub out this time. It's inexpensive at $35 and works well

#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Ball Routinely Stuck in Sarcophagus: Solution?
My Sarcophagus mech does its raise/lower dance continuously when it can't eject a ball at the end of a game. The mech is supposed to swing low enough to dump the ball out the back, allowing it to drift over to the mode ramp kickout beneath the playfield, but for some reason the ball just hangs around inside the mech. The game then does a ball search but can't expel the ball from the mech. I have to lift the playfield and coax the ball out. This happens every game, so clearly my Sarcophagus needs to be adjusted somehow. Ideas? It seems to have something to do with its range of motion. A little more dip and the ball would probably dribble out as designed.
Thanks.

Sorry to take up space quoting my own post, but does no one have any experience with the problem of a ball getting stuck in the Sarcophagus? A ball gets stuck there in every game, so *I'm* stuck 'til I can sort this.

#4568 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

The premium/LE, in general, is just a better experience all the way around.
I hate every time I have to play a pro.

Agree. Premium should have been the pro is the issue with this game. The prem/LE should have even more. They stripped this pro so much that it should have its own dance pole. Both games are still fun though!

#4569 4 years ago

Sorry to take up space quoting my own post, but does no one have any experience with the problem of a ball getting stuck in the Sarcophagus? A ball gets stuck there in every game, so *I'm* stuck 'til I can sort this.

Likely just needs the switch in there adjusted so the game knows a ball is in there. Check the switch by going into switch test mode.

#4570 4 years ago

Powered subwoofer, anyone?
If so, can I trouble you for a little installation advice?
Please shoot me a PM if you have a few minutes to hear my setup. I would be oh-so grateful. It's super basic, but I can't get it to work. A Polk PSW10 and just a wiring harness (four leads) connecting the game's subwoofer out (pos/neg) to the Polk's inputs, polarities matched.
Thanks!

Future pins, try the pinwoofer internal sub kits. I have them on all of my pins now.

#4571 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely just needs the switch in there adjusted so the game knows a ball is in there. Check the switch by going into switch test mode.

Thanks, Pin Monk. I'll check that switch as you suggest.

#4572 4 years ago

Thanks, Pin Monk. I'll check that switch as you suggest.

If the sarcophagus is trying to dump the ball then that means the switch is registering i think. Sounds to me like the switch is stopping the ball from rolling out of the sarcophagus. What type of switch is on your game, can you take a pic?

#4573 4 years ago

Hi, Who.

Hmm. Ball rolls back and sort of clunks against a stop. If the switch is resisting it like that, I will be surprised. Still, I will take a photo tomorrow and share it.

Thanks for your input.

#4574 4 years ago

Hi, Who.
Hmm. Ball rolls back and sort of clunks against a stop. If the switch is resisting it like that, I will be surprised. Still, I will take a photo tomorrow and share it.
Thanks for your input.

Dont be surprised because it can happen very easy. Im just wondering if someone might have installed a roller switch in there or bent the original switch and it could be keeping the ball from rolling back over it.

#4575 4 years ago

If the switch is stiff and the arm is not perfectly bent, the ball will either not register or can be prevented from rolling backwards by the arm. I bent and adjusted that arm for an hour--never could get it perfect so I replaced it (the one closest to a locked ball) with a roller switch--no more problems. The other switch had very light action and the installer took the time to bend the arm just right, so I left that one alone.

#4576 4 years ago

It's almost certainly that switch.
I had that same switch holding ball issue when I first unboxed the game. Fortunately I was able to adjust that switch without replacing it and its been working fine since.

#4577 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

It's almost certainly that switch.
I had that same switch holding ball issue when I first unboxed the game. Fortunately I was able to adjust that switch without replacing it and its been working fine since.

I had the the Mummy Newton ball sitting forward a tad and the ball wouldn't sit on the switch because of it. I couldn't even tell that it was the newton ball causing the problem and thought it was the switch so i tried to bend the switch a little and ruined it. Its hard to bend that type of steel.

So anyway i had to replace the switch and the new switch as luck would have it didnt sit up high enough for the ball to make the switch register. .......just my luck! I definitely was afraid to try and bend it again so i cut little small strips of duct tape and put them over the switch and i think two strips was enough to make it start registering. So far so good and im not touching it. That was not a fun job changing that switch out.

#4578 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I had the the Mummy Newton ball sitting forward a tad and the ball wouldn't sit on the switch because of it. I couldn't even tell that it was the newton ball causing the problem and thought it was the switch so i tried to bend the switch a little and ruined it. Its hard to bend that type of steel.
So anyway i had to replace the switch and the new switch as luck would have it didnt sit up high enough for the ball to make the switch register. .......just my luck! I definitely was afraid to try and bend it again so i cut little small strips of duct tape and put them over the switch and i think two strips was enough to make it start registering. So far so good and im not touching it. That was not a fun job changing that switch out.

Did you use one of these to adjust the switch?

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

They are a must have for adjusting switches. Makes life much much easier when adjusting any leaf type switch.

ulat_rev_a (resized).jpgulat_rev_a (resized).jpg
#4579 4 years ago

I apologize if this was answered, I searched the thread. When I start anew game, I instantly get 50,000 points and it picks the song as if a switch on the PF is triggering. When I take the glass off and go into switch test and bang the PF with my hand nothing triggers. Bang the machine, nothing either.

Ideas?

#4580 4 years ago

I would check the switch in the shooter lane.

#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I would check the switch in the shooter lane.

Shooter lane switch works. Could it be if the ball bounces hard out of trough and hits shooter switch but then bounces away from it and then rolls back onto it maybe?

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I apologize if this was answered, I searched the thread. When I start anew game, I instantly get 50,000 points and it picks the song as if a switch on the PF is triggering. When I take the glass off and go into switch test and bang the PF with my hand nothing triggers. Bang the machine, nothing either.
Ideas?

Its the newton ball on the left Honda, i am 99% sure. See if the hex stem that fits into the spoon switch underneath the playfield is loose. If it is tighten it up and if it isnt you are going to have to adjust it ever so.slightly. That switch is pretty difficult to get right. Look at that and report back.

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

They are a must have for adjusting switches. Makes life much much easier when adjusting any leaf type switch.
[quoted image]

I love that tools used it once but is there a tutorial on exactly how to use it?

#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

[quoted image]

I did but i bent it too far and and tried to bend it back etc and ended up boogering the switch up. Hate to admit that but its the truth and thats what happened. That switch is made out of spring steel and.it doesn't bend good.

#4585 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its the newton ball on the left Honda, i am 99% sure. See if the hex stem that fits into the spoon switch underneath the playfield is loose. If it is tighten it up and if it isnt you are going to have to adjust it ever so.slightly. That switch is pretty difficult to get right. Look at that and report back.

Thanks for the tip will look tomorrow!

#4586 4 years ago

I’m considering an IMDN prem purchase. It sounds like some of the early builds had some issues? If you were buying today and had the option between an early build vs one built in 2019 and the price difference was in the $300-500 range, would you take the new build? All other things equal.. # plays etc.

#4587 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’m considering an IMDN prem purchase. It sounds like some of the early builds had some issues? If you were buying today and had the option between an early build vs one built in 2019 and the price difference was in the $300-500 range, would you take the new build? All other things equal.. # plays etc.

If the prices are anywhere near a NIB game i would just order a new one personally.

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

for that little difference, new

#4589 4 years ago

For anyone who’s installed the Mezel Mod Pro Orb, have you had any issues with the ball hitting the little light board which mounts where the old orb plastic was? It’s obviously unprotected and I was wondering if anyone had the ball “jump” and hit it.

#4590 4 years ago

After a few mods and some lighting changes

Pingraffix Art Blades
Mezel Mod Orb
Mezel Mod Torches
Mezel Mod Obelisk
Mezel Mod Pharoah Blinder
Ulekstore Pop Protectors
Ulekstore Mummy Sticker
You can't tell in the pic but I also lit under the mummy plastic with a Comet Pinball Fire LED.

The only other things I might do is a plane for the right ramp along with removing "The Stranger" Eddie plastic. There's too much going on up there which blocks the obelisk. And, maybe, adding the Piece of Mind Eddie and removing that plastic. Has anyone tried the Live After Death Eddie in the upper left corner? I'm not sure if you could get him to fit.

Playfield low (resized).jpgPlayfield low (resized).jpg
#4591 4 years ago

You are missing the most essential maiden mod. Vireland's colored mode tree seems like an item that should have been factory. Looking at a stock white maiden seems wrong. Color coded modes for the win

20190518_110546 (resized).jpg20190518_110546 (resized).jpg
#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You are missing the most essential maiden mod. Vireland's colored mode tree seems like an item that should have been factory. Looking at a stock white maiden seems wrong. Color coded modes for the win
[quoted image]

Agree but get the whole set. It should have been factory like this. Great mods!

#4593 4 years ago

I have the mode tree and the fireball loop. Not a fan of the eddie cards and the mummy already makes sense to me on white. Something for everyone's taste but the mode tree should be in every maiden

#4594 4 years ago

Yes. I may get the mode tree next time around. I’m also not crazy about the orb mold. I like the purple color but I’d prefer something clear and bubble’d or cracked. I think ler makes a bubble’d one.

Somewhere in Time Deluxe is cheap on amazon right now. I’ve owned the cassette, the original CD, the double CD, and the remastered CD. So why not another? It’s my favorite maiden album and I can see if I can fit the little figure where the plastic is. I don’t want a tall stranger because it’ll block the obelisk. So, we’ll see.

1AC9993D-37DF-42CB-BDB7-F94A7BEFAF83 (resized).jpeg1AC9993D-37DF-42CB-BDB7-F94A7BEFAF83 (resized).jpeg
#4595 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I adjusted the leaf switch here today and this seemed to do the trick. It still triggers on hit but isn't quite so touch sensitive like it was before. Thanks!

On another note, I have been running my PinWoofer sub/amp kit on this pin pretty much since I got it, and while I love the bass it adds, it made it painfully obvious that the backbox speakers were in need of similar love, especially on a music pin like this. So today got my Pinwoofer Super kit and will be upgrading the backbox speakers and installing that amp this week. I anticipate this is going to make this pin ROCK.

IMG_4247 (resized).JPGIMG_4247 (resized).JPG
#4596 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I adjusted the leaf switch here today and this seemed to do the trick. It still triggers on hit but isn't quite so touch sensitive like it was before. Thanks!
On another note, I have been running my pinwoofer sub/amp kit on this pin pretty much since I got it, and while I love the bass it adds, it made it painfully obvious that the backbox speakers were in need of similar love, especially on a music pin like this. So today got my Pinwoofer Super kit and will be upgrading the backbox speakers and installing that amp this week. I anticipate this is going to make this pin ROCK.[quoted image]

Music pins really benifit from good speakers. I put a FF kit in my MET and a sub in IMDN.
Transformed both pins from good to grate.

#4597 4 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Music pins really benifit from good speakers. I put a FF kit in my MET and a sub in IMDN.
Transformed both pins from good to grate.

Yup. Did the simple Polk sub connected to bottom speaker mod. Cheap and easy and I don’t even need a shaker. The sub is the shaker.

#4598 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

. I’m also not crazy about the orb mold. I like the purple color but I’d prefer something clear and bubble’d or cracked. I think ler makes a bubble’d one.

[quoted image]

I have the orb mod from Lermods and really think it adds a lot for not much really being there and going on. It's like a frosted glass and you can pick your color. I chose purple and love it. Breeze to install too. Think the interactive coffin lock mod is a must add-on as well..

#4599 4 years ago

dtown We can do clear/bubbled, just ask.

Quoted from Bohdi:

I have the orb mod from Lermods and really think it adds a lot for not much really being there and going on. It's like a frosted glass and you can pick your color. I chose purple and love it. Breeze to install too. Think the interactive coffin lock mod is a must add-on as well..

Thanks, glad you like it!

#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have the mode tree and the fireball loop. Not a fan of the eddie cards and the mummy already makes sense to me on white. Something for everyone's taste but the mode tree should be in every maiden

Same here. Mode tree and fireball loop. Love em.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/92?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.