(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,767 posts
  • 1,049 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Oneironaut
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3432 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 316.
#4401 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

You can adjust the music vs speech separately which I’ve used to bring the music more present in the mix. Crank it up!

Did the opposite here.
Love the callouts, could care less about the songs.

#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Anyone got the Pinball Life real knocker kit on their machine and know what the setting needs to be changed to? I seem to have misplaced the instruction sheet that came with the kit and the last time the pin was updated the setting reverted back to normal Geez i hate that digital screech, bloody shocking

I don't have it in-front of me, but it's the I believe it's the coin door accessory setting, set to ticket dispenser? It's definitely something set to the ticket dispenser setting..

I believe you can use the knocker test after you've set it, and it will fire your real knocker.

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I don't have it in-front of me, but it's the I believe it's the coin door accessory setting, set to ticket dispenser? It's definitely something set to the ticket dispenser setting..

I believe you can use the knocker test after you've set it, and it will fire your real knocker.

Found it and pretty close Adjustment 51 in standard adjustments. Coin meter > Knocker > Ticket Dispenser, set it to knocker and done. Cheers

#4404 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Found it and pretty close Adjustment 51 in standard adjustments. Coin meter > Knocker > Ticket Dispenser, set it to knocker and done. Cheers

Yes, that's the one. I reset mine by memory when I did the last update, I wonder if I have mine set wrong now...

#4405 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Yes, that's the one. I reset mine by memory when I did the last update, I wonder if I have mine set wrong now...

I didn't even realise mine had stopped working, maybe i need to stop having bourbon whilst playing
I saw it match just recently and no delightful crack so that sussed me onto it
All good now

#4406 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Did the opposite here.
Love the callouts, could care less about the songs.

So what about the sound effects? do they go up when you turn the call outs up? so you can have loud call outs and sound effects but low music?

#4407 4 years ago

Ugh, was one shot away from 2 minutes to midnight and cyborg was also ready to go. So close! I think I had my 2 eddy cards as well.

#4408 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

So what about the sound effects? do they go up when you turn the call outs up? so you can have loud call outs and sound effects but low music?

Pretty sure the music is a separate beast.
Sound effects and Callouts are lumped together.
Not 100% on this but my sound effects are still very present with the music turned down a few notches and the speech turned up.
But on Sterns remember that negative numbers are louder and positive numbers are lower.

#4409 4 years ago

I finally, after a full year of ownership, defeated the beast. Battled him many times before and always drained out before finishing the mode. Ended up with a 1.5 billion score. Also noteworthy was that I had gotten eight tomb treasures, a personal best, so getting to the final mode is definitely a possibility for me on this game.

20190421_215341 (resized).jpg20190421_215341 (resized).jpg
#4410 4 years ago

I am having trouble with getting the loops to register all of the time when hit from the flipper on the right side. Is there only one set of optos that registers the loops or two? I know theres an opto on the top right of the playfield that seems to be for the loops you hit with the small flipper but there is another set of optos where the fireball inserts are at. Is that for loop shots as well? Sometimes it registers good and sometimes not good at all. Its really pissing me off and i would like to get this problem resolved. You can run your fingers through the optos and it resters every time. I cleaned the lenses and it didnt help.

#4411 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am having trouble with getting the loops to register all of the time when hit from the flipper on the right side. Is there only one set of optos that registers the loops or two? I know theres an opto on the top right of the playfield that seems to be for the loops you hit with the small flipper but there is another set of optos where the fireball inserts are at. Is that for loop shots as well? Sometimes it registers good and sometimes not good at all. Its really pissing me off and i would like to get this problem resolved. You can run your fingers through the optos and it resters every time. I cleaned the lenses and it didnt help.

I think Mezel Mods sells a kit that claims to fix this. Can't seem to find it right now but check their site... I saw it listed a while back and was curious as to what it actually was for... maybe it resolves this problem?

#4412 4 years ago

For those that have replaced the Iron Maiden music with other music since you don't care for Iron Maiden, what kind of songs are you using? I'd imagine various stuff from Metallica and others would fit well?

#4413 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-loop-adjuster-kit

I believe this is considered the "fix"

#4414 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

For those that have replaced the Iron Maiden music with other music since you don't care for Iron Maiden, what kind of songs are you using? I'd imagine various stuff from Metallica and others would fit well?

Found a variety of metal covers of tracks from video games that I especially like. No vocals and it's music designed to keep you engaged and excited, but without distracting you. And it still fits the feel of the art and callouts.

#4415 4 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Found a variety of metal covers of tracks from video games that I especially like. No vocals and it's music designed to keep you engaged and excited, but without distracting you. And it still fits the feel of the art and callouts.

Which games if you don't mind me asking?

#4416 4 years ago

Thanks, i will give it a shot. Has anyone else used this by any chance? Mine used to register just fine but now its pretty hit and miss

#4417 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks, i will give it a shot. Has anyone else used this by any chance? Mine used to register just fine but now its pretty hit and miss

I've got it installed and it works a hell of a lot better than without it.
Recommend it with the issues that you are having

#4418 4 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

I've got it installed and it works a hell of a lot better than without it.
Recommend it with the issues that you are having

Thanks. I would like to know why some people have the problem and some people dont. Theres gotta be something causing it.

Was the installation easy?

#4419 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks. I would like to know why some people have the problem and some people dont. Theres gotta be something causing it.

It was my understanding that the cause of this was the speed of the ball around the loop, sometimes the ball would actually ride up along the rail instead of flush with the playfield with a fast shot, not breaking the opto beam completely. This fix I think narrows the beam and causes it to be broken completely with fast rail riding shots.

Install is pretty straight forward and should only take about 10-15 minutes, really isn't very difficult.

#4420 4 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

It was my understanding that the cause of this was the speed of the ball around the loop, sometimes the ball would actually ride up along the rail instead of flush with the playfield with a fast shot, not breaking the opto beam completely. This fix I think narrows the beam and causes it to be broken completely with fast rail riding shots.
Install is pretty straight forward and should only take about 10-15 minutes, really isn't very difficult.

Thank you!

#4421 4 years ago

Just joined the club with a pro!

How do you adjust the flipper strength? mine seem too strong and can't find the adjustment in the service menu.

#4422 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Just joined the club with a pro!
How do you adjust the flipper strength? mine seem too strong and can't find the adjustment in the service menu.

Feature adjustments. I forgot which #, but there’s a bunch to look thru.

#4423 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just adjusted the angle of the opto transmitter bulb. Problem solved.

#4424 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I just adjusted the angle of the opto transmitter bulb. Problem solved.

Is there only one opto for the loop shots or is there two? I looked at the opto on the top right of the playfield and it is shining directly into the reciever. Is the opto in the fireball loop to count the loops as well? Im assuming that it is? Which one did you adjust?

#4425 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is there only one opto for the loop shots or is there two? I looked at the opto on the top right of the playfield and it is shining directly into the reciever. Is the opto in the fireball loop to count the loops as well? Im assuming that it is? Which one did you adjust?

The one inside the large loop (fireball) is what I adjusted.

#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bought it from Pinball Universe for my PRO and it works 100%.

#4427 4 years ago

Thanks alot guys. Im gonna look into trying to adjust the one in the fireball loop and if that dont work i will get the mod that helps. It sucks when it doesn't register. I rocketed five shots around there last night in a row and only two of them got counted.

#4428 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Which games if you don't mind me asking?

Tried to represent some classics that lots of folks will recognize, so a track each from Super Mario World, Sonic 2, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Red/Blue, Final Fantasy VI. My niece is a big Undertale fan, so there's a cover of Megalovania. The rest are from Persona 5, which is a pretty niche (and modern) game but the music is fantastic and the battle themes lend themselves well to pinball.

The full tracklist is on my other computer, but if there's interest I'm happy to include the specific covers I used.

#4429 4 years ago

My right flipper coil stop just bit the dust. Screw sheared right off.

3842A91E-142C-4F71-9534-469B5DE058A5 (resized).jpeg3842A91E-142C-4F71-9534-469B5DE058A5 (resized).jpegA8ACF001-3B43-403F-80A2-B7082A8B6D11 (resized).jpegA8ACF001-3B43-403F-80A2-B7082A8B6D11 (resized).jpeg
#4430 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

My right flipper coil stop just bit the dust.

It's time has come.

#4431 4 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Tried to represent some classics that lots of folks will recognize, so a track each from Super Mario World, Sonic 2, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Red/Blue, Final Fantasy VI. My niece is a big Undertale fan, so there's a cover of Megalovania. The rest are from Persona 5, which is a pretty niche (and modern) game but the music is fantastic and the battle themes lend themselves well to pinball.

The full tracklist is on my other computer, but if there's interest I'm happy to include the specific covers I used.

Each to their own....BUT WTF??
I can't for the life of me imagine playing Maiden without hearing Maiden tunes!!
Would you buy a Beatles pin and use Eminem C-Rap?
I don't mean to start a tunes fight in this thread honest, just seems weird that someone would buy an Iron Maiden machine specifically and want to change all the music, makes no sense to me.

#4432 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Update on my warped playfield (sorry it's been a while but I don't read pinside anymore):
11 days ago, Chas told me that he would get me a price on an unpopulated playfield, since they were unwilling to offer me a solution to the warping. Haven't heard from him since, must be hard info to get!
My distro, Nitro pinball, is completely ignoring the issue and will not reply to my e-mails. Great support!
Haven't played a game of pinball in over a month because it makes me sick.
Sold Joker Poker and Twilight Zone, because if I'm not playing, what's the point in owning them?
Quitting my local leagues because pinball isn't fun anymore.
Wish I hadn't booked trips to NYCPC and Pinburgh, because now I don't even want to go but can't back out for fear of letting down my travel buddies.
Still thinking about selling my other 5 games.
The joys of buying NIB Stern! So much fun!

Wow that’s terrible. I sold all my games. Decided to pay extra on mortgage and lay low. 2020 global recession will be fun. US auto sales are way down, there just not telling you yet that sh$t is about to hit the fan.

#4433 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I can't for the life of me imagine playing Maiden without hearing Maiden tunes!!
I don't mean to start a tunes fight in this thread honest, just seems weird that someone would buy an Iron Maiden machine specifically and want to change all the music, makes no sense to me.

Yes I would, but would go for Wu-Tang over Eminem.

It helps keep the game fresh. Maiden rocks, but after a few hundred games some variety is nice. SD cards are cheap and easy to swap out if you put a few mixes together. I'm enjoying an Ozzy mix in mine for now.

IMDN is a great shooter so I can see wanting to own one without liking Maiden.

#4434 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hahaha, I don't mind a healthy debate!

Iron Maiden the pinball machine is a fantastic layout, ruleset, and artwork! I don't care for Iron Maiden tunes at all, but kept my music choices consistent with the feel of the art, animations, and callouts by using heavy metal covers.

#4435 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Wow that’s terrible. I sold all my games. Decided to pay extra on mortgage and lay low. 2020 global recession will be fun. US auto sales are way down, there just not telling you yet that sh$t is about to hit the fan.

ok, let us know when you arise from the bunker

#4436 4 years ago

2020 global recession will be fun. US auto sales are way down, there just not telling you yet that sh$t is about to hit the fan.

You’ve been saying that for years. One of these years you will be right and get to say.....see i told you guys but you wouldn't listen!

#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You’ve been saying that for years. One of these years you will be right and get to say.....see i told you guys but you wouldn't listen!

Exactly. Rofl.

#4438 4 years ago

Off topic:

I think that is a very smart move. I've been debating it myself. I know that most on here argue that pins shouldn't be treated as an investment, but I bought most of my machines when prices were a lot lower, and the rising interest encouraged me to buy more. IMHO, we are reaching saturation in the market. New pins have huge production runs and never retain value anymore. Older W/B still command a good price, but I'm seeing some slipping in the market in my area. To me, it will only get worse, but it will take time. I'd say in five years, pins will be down by 30%+. There is just too much supply vs. demand. My main issue is that when I consider selling, I play the games and love them more than my children.

#4439 4 years ago

People who don’t like Iron Maiden music. The pin itself is awesome but in a home environment, if you don’t like that music, you won’t buy the pin. I plan to buy one eventually and change to some rock/metal that I do like.

Differences of opinion is all.

Quoted from Mancave:

#4440 4 years ago

I noticed the update from 1.05 to 1.06 changed the Tilt from devil/beast to a nuclear blast. I thought hmmm, perhaps some people were offended by the devil. Still don't know the specifics that brought us the change.

#4441 4 years ago

^^^I liked the beast better^^^

#4442 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I noticed the update from 1.05 to 1.06 changed the Tilt from devil/beast to a nuclear blast. I thought hmmm, perhaps some people were offended by the devil. Still don't know the specifics that brought us the change.

I think it's because they didn't want to dub the devil. I hope the change is temporary and he comes back as a Chatty Kathy with taunts galore.

#4443 4 years ago

just unboxed my first NIB and powered it on
says Node 8 board not found

tried to start a game and it says locating pinballs
then nothing

ive reset all the cables and added the pinballs with the power on \

nothing

it keeps saying locating pinballs \
\
any ideas

this is the worst,

#4444 4 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

just unboxed my first NIB and powered it on
says Node 8 board not found
tried to start a game and it says locating pinballs
then nothing
ive reset all the cables and added the pinballs with the power on \
nothing
it keeps saying locating pinballs \
\
any ideas
this is the worst,

Check connection of the cables that look like network cables in the backbox and going into the node 8 board under the playfield. Might just have a loose/disconnected cable.

#4445 4 years ago

PinMonk yep exactly what it was. This is my first new stern, still getting familiar with under the hood. Thank You

#4446 4 years ago

Sorry if this has been posted or asked already, but wondering if it’s normal for this pin to have louder flipper mechs?
On my example, particularly for the right flippers, they sound much louder. Not sure if it’s simply because there’s 2 full size flippers on the right side and the coils are naturally louder?
Thanks!

#4447 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Sorry if this has been posted or asked already, but wondering if it’s normal for this pin to have louder flipper mechs?
On my example, particularly for the right flippers, they sound much louder. Not sure if it’s simply because there’s 2 full size flippers on the right side and the coils are naturally louder?
Thanks!

Yes I think my IMDN has louder "snap" sound with flippers than all my other games.

#4448 4 years ago

Just joined to club! Was never a Maiden fan, but damn is this a fun shooter and the tracks are growing on me. Call outs are best in class.

F0A122B5-CEE8-47A3-8D73-E1EC0F6FF782 (resized).jpegF0A122B5-CEE8-47A3-8D73-E1EC0F6FF782 (resized).jpeg
#4449 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks!

The right flipper is especially loud because the upper right one is *right next* to the cabinet and it creates an echo/vibration feedback kind of situation. It's why you get that after clunk (and if you haven't yet, you will once it breaks in).

#4450 4 years ago

Thanks Vireland & Pinnyheadhead- appreciate the feedback.
I am getting a bit of a ‘snappy sounding clunk’ from the right flippers. It’s not terrible by any means; but I just wanted to ensure it’s normal for the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/89?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.