(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,800 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 316.
#4351 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Take a picture of the switch at the flipper button from the top, both at rest and with the flipper button pressed.

IMG_0731 (resized).JPGIMG_0731 (resized).JPGIMG_0732 (resized).JPGIMG_0732 (resized).JPG
#4352 5 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like the little nub that makes contact is defective. Compare the one the green arrow is pointing to against the one the red arrow is pointing to. With that shape it would be making intermittent or no contact. Take the switch stack apart and replace that leaf or replace the whole switch stack. You might be able to file the pointy one down so it makes better contact just to get you up and running temporarily, but that needs to be replaced for long-term use.

flaky flipper (resized).jpgflaky flipper (resized).jpg

#4353 5 years ago

Thanks very much!

#4354 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

OK...so made some improvements.
First, I added double layer red photo gels to the gun lights. Its easy to take them apart and access the hollow area, and cut out small circles to jam in there.
[quoted image]
So now I went from this ->
[quoted image]
to this ->
[quoted image]
Still not perfectly red but...close enough.
I was also getting some light bleed on the bottom of the topper ->
[quoted image]
So I did a quick and dirty fix, where I just taped a strip of black construction paper to the bottom to make a "skirt".
[quoted image]
And had it flare out the front and two small pieces of tape to hold it down.
[quoted image]
Completely not noticeable from the front...you can only see it from a step stool. Now no more light bleed!
[quoted image]

NICE!
That light bleed bothers me too.. does the wing just pop off? Like just pry it off?

#4355 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

NICE! That light bleed bothers me too.. does the wing just pop off? Like just pry it off?

#4356 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

NICE!
That light bleed bothers me too.. does the wing just pop off? Like just pry it off?

No...there are two screws on both sides. Then it just slides forward off. You can't miss 'em. And...maybe you can come up with a more elegant solution than mine. My original idea was to glue/tape some black foam but...I just didn't have any on hand.

#4357 5 years ago

Are pro owners drilling through the foot base on the stern piece of mind eddie or drilling holes through the plastic to zip tie?

20190414_101656 (resized).jpg20190414_101656 (resized).jpg
#4358 5 years ago

I drilled a hole in the base, preferred that over zip tie method.

#4359 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I drilled a hole in the base, preferred that over zip tie method.

Same. Its how its done on the Premium/LE too.

#4360 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Same. Its how its done on the Premium/LE too.

He's factory zip-tied on the back foot on the Premium we have here.

eddie-piece-of-mind-mount (resized).jpgeddie-piece-of-mind-mount (resized).jpg
#4361 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He's factory zip-tied on the back foot on the Premium we have here.[quoted image]

Oh wait...you are right....though, isn't he also screwed down? Maybe I'm misremembering a picture I once saw...

#4362 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Oh wait...you are right....though, isn't he also screwed down? Maybe I'm misremembering a picture I once saw...

I think the front foot is screwed in and the back is zip-tied.

#4363 5 years ago

So what’s the highest base loop jackpot value you’ve guys seen? I had a sweet game last night where I got the loop jackpot value up to 11M had 2x ready. Started it with one loop, then drained, game over haha...if only; what that could have been.

#4364 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So what’s the highest base loop jackpot value you’ve guys seen? I had a sweet game last night where I got the loop jackpot value up to 11M had 2x ready. Started it with one loop, then drained, game over haha...if only; what that could have been.

Couple of weeks ago I was in Trooper MB and was trying to hit the SJP but was continually nailing the loop instead. Scored 126 million in loop awards and never did hit the SJP. I'm not sure if I've ever been so frustrated and happy at the same time.

#4365 5 years ago

What strategy have you gotten your high score with? This may be a silly question but I concentrated on finishing modes for a long time. I switched over to focusing on multiballs and my scores have increased big time. This may not make a bit of sense but it worked for me..

#4366 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

What strategy have you gotten your high score with? This may be a silly question but I concentrated on finishing modes for a long time. I switched over to focusing on multiballs and my scores have increased big time. This may not make a bit of sense but it worked for me..

Initial strategy immediately after the plunge is to get the ball to the right flipper and then shoot the Revive spinner 2 times to light the outlanes. This almost always guarantees a game over 100 million, even with EB’s turned off.

#4367 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Initial strategy immediately after the plunge is to get the ball to the right flipper and then shoot the Revive spinner 2 times to light the outlanes. This almost always guarantees a game over 100 million, even with EB’s turned off.

And get good at the super secret skill shot to the left outlane for 20 million a pop. Guarantees a 60-80 million point game just right there if you get 1 extra ball and can do it consistently.

#4368 5 years ago

I picked up this plastic after having so many stuck balls on our IM Prem in the arcade. Taking the glass off 2-3 times a day to help customers with stuck balls is not fun. This one should do the trick. Have them now on the site as well.

iron-maiden-prem:le-mummy-ball-deflector-2 (resized).pngiron-maiden-prem:le-mummy-ball-deflector-2 (resized).png
#4369 5 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

Are pro owners drilling through the foot base on the stern piece of mind eddie or drilling holes through the plastic to zip tie?
[quoted image]

I used a small dab of hot glue. Been holdin steady, and looks nicer. If my game were on route I’d go w/ the zip tie

#4370 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

No...there are two screws on both sides. Then it just slides forward off. You can't miss 'em. And...maybe you can come up with a more elegant solution than mine. My original idea was to glue/tape some black foam but...I just didn't have any on hand.

Foam was my thought too. I’ve got some weather stripping I think that would work nicely hopefully I can give it a look by the weekend

#4371 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Make sure to start 2x/3x at the right times. i.e. for modes, just before you get a sjp and start progressing jp levels, when loop jp’s Are lit, cyborg mb - but I usually wait til end of level 2 or level 3 to activate it.

To add to that, if you get all the x targets lit solid with 3x qualified, you get an additional 20 secs of 3x when you start it.

#4372 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

I picked up this plastic after having so many stuck balls on our IM Prem in the arcade. Taking the glass off 2-3 times a day to help customers with stuck balls is not fun. This one should do the trick. Have them now on the site as well.
[quoted image]

I just bought this, thanks!

#4373 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think I've seen up around 20 mil maybe for one of the later loop jackpot levels - but 11-12 mil is the highest I specifically remember seeing. A couple weeks ago though I nailed a loop jackpot set total of over 400 million due to 3x running and just nailing a huge string of loops - I have no idea what the base value was at that run though. My previous best was in the 150 range I think, lol.

#4374 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

[quoted image]

I sent a pic of the one I whipped up for our Maiden Premium here to Stern but they have to be aware of the problem. They should do a running change and include something to stop balls from getting in there. It's a very common ball trap.

step2 (resized).jpgstep2 (resized).jpg
#4375 5 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! Bought the pro. What a great game ! I received one of these with my game, it’s the only one my distributor (tommy at nitro!) has ever seen.. anybody else get one. Any idea if it’s value??

EE1B8BD1-BD4C-4DE1-BCF8-0D5DBD7301CC (resized).jpegEE1B8BD1-BD4C-4DE1-BCF8-0D5DBD7301CC (resized).jpeg
#4376 5 years ago

No but I want one lpl

#4377 5 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Joined the club yesterday! Bought the pro. What a great game ! I received one of these with my game, it’s the only one my distributor (tommy at nitro!) has ever seen.. anybody else get one. Any idea if it’s value??
[quoted image]

It's not worth anything! Let me take it off your hands for you .

#4379 5 years ago

Couldn't find a NECA Cyborg figure so found 2 Minutes to Midnight NECA as that is the other mini-wizard mode.

Fits perfectly with just 2 zip ties and no drilling of figure etc.

I think it looks pretty good and way better than flat plastic Cyborg!
IMG_5141 (resized).jpgIMG_5141 (resized).jpg

IMG_5142 (resized).jpgIMG_5142 (resized).jpg
#4380 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Couldn't find a NECA Cyborg figure so found 2 Minutes to Midnight NECA as that is the other mini-wizard mode.
Fits perfectly with just 2 zip ties and no drilling of figure etc.
I think it looks pretty good and way better than flat plastic Cyborg!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The leg looks weird just laying there. Hang it in front of the pharaoh target and make it a piñata the ball can hit on its way to the target.

#4381 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The leg looks weird just laying there. Hang it in front of the pharaoh target and make it a piñata the ball can hit on its way to the target.

Eddie is just sitting down and taking a rest

Don't want to chop leg off!

I get what you mean but it looks way better from a player's perspective, while playing game.

#4382 5 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Maiden owners, I am on the fence between a IMD Premium and a DP Premium. I am concerned with all the mechanical issues reported for the IMD. Question, has Stern addressed these issues at the factory so the NIB will have been fixed by now?

Just got my premium a couple weeks ago. I may have had a Friday PM build but it took me about 6 hours to get dialed in. Worse from the factory than my Avengers was. Worth it in the long run but be prepared to at min have to work on the captive ball mechs as well as the the shooter lane.

#4383 5 years ago

Are there 2 different Orb mods? 1 that is interactive, and 1 that stays lit all the time? I found 1 for 20.00 and another for 46.00. Just curious what the difference is and which one people are buying.

#4384 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Are there 2 different Orb mods? 1 that is interactive, and 1 that stays lit all the time? I found 1 for 20.00 and another for 46.00. Just curious what the difference is and which one people are buying.

Ours is wired to the game. The others I have seen are a plastic or 3d printed ball that sits on top of the existing flasher somehow. You have to move the flasher board I believe, but not really sure. Ours is an acrylic ball with an smd led inside on metal mount. For the pro, we can offer different color led options.

It's on our website, free shipping.

#4385 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ours is wired to the game. The others I have seen are a plastic or 3d printed ball that sits on top of the existing flasher somehow. You have to move the flasher board I believe, but not really sure. Ours is an acrylic ball with an smd led inside on metal mount. For the pro, we can offer different color led options.
It's on our website, free shipping.

Yep, saw it on your website. The other was from 3D mods i believe? Just ordered the Pharoah blinder kit from you yesterday. I like your Orb mod better because of the different color options. Sure i'll be ordering the Orb mod and maybe more from you shortly. Just noticed too your prices are different on your website vs going through here and adding to your cart. Must just add the shipping to the mod price through Pinside.

#4386 5 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm new to the hobby and have a question i hope someone can answer.

The opto for the big loop on my premium needs adjusting, it registers whenever the left flipper is used or when i hit the playfield with my hand near it, now I've read a lot about Stern using softer/lower quality wood, so my question is should i remove some parts on the playfield to reach the opto, or is it safe to just unscrew it from the bottom?

I'm a bit worried that if this part needs adjustment often and i always remove the assembly from the bottom eventually the screws won't have any wood left to grip when reinstalling?

Perhaps that doesn't happen so easily but like i said I'm new to this so better safe than sorry

#4387 5 years ago
Quoted from Novastorm:

Hey everyone, I'm new to the hobby and have a question i hope someone can answer.
The opto for the big loop on my premium needs adjusting, it registers whenever the left flipper is used or when i hit the playfield with my hand near it, now I've read a lot about Stern using softer/lower quality wood, so my question is should i remove some parts on the playfield to reach the opto, or is it safe to just unscrew it from the bottom?
I'm a bit worried that if this part needs adjustment often and i always remove the assembly from the bottom eventually the screws won't have any wood left to grip when reinstalling?
Perhaps that doesn't happen so easily but like i said I'm new to this so better safe than sorry

A few times in and out with the screw won't cause you trouble, and even if you DO wear the hole out, a toothpick piece and a little wood glue will make the hole grip like new again.

#4388 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A few times in and out with the screw won't cause you trouble, and even if you DO wear the hole out, a toothpick piece and a little wood glue will make the hole grip like new again.

Thanks for the advice, will remove the assembly with less fear now

#4389 5 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

[quoted image]

Pretty sure those are / were for sale on the stern website. I thought that particular one was $50? I remember eyeballing them, but also being brokish.

#4390 5 years ago

So i adjusted my opto and was curious, is this how they are from factory or does mine have a mod? (bought it second hand and seller couldn't remember all the mods he had installed)
There's a bit of plastic in front of the receiver that I remember seeing under the mods section of some shops, but i don't know if that is just an improved version of the factory plastic or that the plastic isn't there when it's new in box.

IMG_20190419_134257 (resized).jpgIMG_20190419_134257 (resized).jpg
#4391 5 years ago
Quoted from Novastorm:

So i adjusted my opto and was curious, is this how they are from factory or does mine have a mod? (bought it second hand and seller couldn't remember all the mods he had installed)
There's a bit of plastic in front of the receiver that I remember seeing under the mods section of some shops, but i don't know if that is just an improved version of the factory plastic or that the plastic isn't there when it's new in box. [quoted image]

That's a mod so fast orbit shots register consistently. Maybe the factory is doing it now, but I doubt it.

https://mezelmods.com/products/iron-maiden-pinball-loop-adjuster-kit

#4392 5 years ago

Has anyone found these necessary? I was wondering if they seem to be needed further down the road or something. Mine seems to register everything fine but it's only 4mo. old huo

#4393 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Has anyone found these necessary? I was wondering if they seem to be needed further down the road or something. Mine seems to register everything fine but it's only 4mo. old huo

I never had a problem with orbits registering on the Pro OR the Prem.

#4394 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Quoted from PinMonk:

I never had a problem with orbits registering on the Pro OR the Prem.

Thanks for the input guys!

It seems to work by blocking a big chunk of the receiver for some reason? Which could be why mine seems to have a real tight window between registering and not registering... If it goes out of alignment again I'm going to just remove it and see if that fixes the issue... Would rather have some missed balls (which doesn't seem to even be an issue from Vireland's reaction) than having to adjust this thing every two weeks when it's moved 1/4th of a millimeter by playfield vibration...

#4395 5 years ago

Anyone got the Pinball Life real knocker kit on their machine and know what the setting needs to be changed to? I seem to have misplaced the instruction sheet that came with the kit and the last time the pin was updated the setting reverted back to normal Geez i hate that digital screech, bloody shocking

#4396 5 years ago

Iron Maiden and Batman 66 Topper Install and Review

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/04/20/mod-install-stern-batman-66-and-iron-maiden-toppers-review-and-install-video/

YouTube Video :

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpgIron Maiden and Batman 66 Title (resized).jpgIron Maiden and Batman 66 Title (resized).jpg
#4397 5 years ago

I’d love to see a voting song update ala Metallica with two more tracks. Anyone think there’s a chance of that?

#4398 4 years ago

I'm considering buying an IM Prem, there is a long thread about code issues, is everyone here generally happy with the code as it is or do you find the bugs annoying and code lacking polish?

Also can you adjust the music volume and sound effects volume independently? Was thinking if I got tired of the music I could make it more a of background sound.

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I'm considering buying an IM Prem, there is a long thread about code issues, is everyone here generally happy with the code as it is or do you find the bugs annoying and code lacking polish?
Also can you adjust the music volume and sound effects volume independently? Was thinking if I got tired of the music I could make it more a of background sound.

Fairly long buglist, but pretty complicated code, none of the bugs are so annoying I can't stand it. Totally recommend the Premium.

#4400 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

You can adjust the music vs speech separately which I’ve used to bring the music more present in the mix. Crank it up!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/88?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.