(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,776 posts
  • 1,049 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 minutes ago by 11strings
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 316.
#4301 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

There may be different grammar instruction in American, but the English grammar is correct.

Have a read:
https://www.ef.edu/english-resources/english-grammar/forming-possessive/

We're talking about ONE pharaoh, so to use "pharaoh's" as the possessive form is correct. IF we were talking about a GROUP of Egyptian kings in a possessive way, then " pharaohs' " would be the form you want.

#4302 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

There may be different grammar instruction in American, but the English grammar is correct.

Canadians use British spelling and grammar up here....
You are incorrect.
Pharoah's = belonging to the Pharoah
Pharoahs' = belonging to a group of Pharoahs
1 point for our American friend.

If you're going to grammar police, you should know your own laws

#4303 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Americans speak........English

But spell colour and grey incorrectly.
Don't know what chips and biscuits are.

the list goes on - so many differences to virtually be a different language.

#4304 5 years ago

Americans just have a grudge against the letter U.
Flavour, labour, colour. Anything in that ballpark and the U gets kicked out. Not sure why.

#4305 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Americans just have a grudge against the letter U.
Flavour, labour, colour. Anything in that ballpark and the U gets kicked out. Not sure why.

Because Americans are all about me, me, me, me, not u.

#4306 5 years ago

Finally had a chance to get Cyborg tonight! I sucked at that but still ended up with a new GC score!

03815188-20F9-4078-A85E-F6230DF02E30 (resized).jpeg03815188-20F9-4078-A85E-F6230DF02E30 (resized).jpeg
#4307 5 years ago

The amount of times I've drained ball 3 only to have it then tell me cyborg is ready is sad. One more shot? Really? I've probably missed out on an collected cyborg MB as many times as I've actually gotten it. Maybe if the animations would keep up I'd have focused on the center ramp.

#4308 5 years ago

Sometimes you have to surprise your spouse with pinball mods. Especially, if it's a shaker motor

#4309 5 years ago

need me some iron beer

https://www.ironmaidenbeer.com/

iron maiden beer (resized).pngiron maiden beer (resized).png
#4310 5 years ago

I tried some of that when in Texas for TPF! It was flavorful, but kind of light. Apparently Trooper is the only Iron Maiden beer still being sold... I was hoping to collect at least one can from each of the other varieties to go with the Trooper can I saved.

#4311 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I tried some of that when in Texas for TPF! It was flavorful, but kind of light. Apparently Trooper is the only Iron Maiden beer still being sold... I was hoping to collect at least one can from each of the other varieties to go with the Trooper can I saved.

I bought a bunch of hallowed last year. Quite good. Still have some trooper beer. Thought i had a pic of hallowed, but i guess i dont

#4312 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I bought a bunch of hallowed last year. Quite good. Still have some trooper beer. Thought i had a pic of hallowed, but i guess i dont

There's a guy on Ebay from the UK selling (presumably empty) cans of Hallowed and maybe some of the other varieties for like $2.99. Of course he wants $23 shipping to the USA....

I thought it would be cool to make a shadowbox with one of each of their 4 or 5 varieties to put in my gameroom near the IM game.

#4313 5 years ago

I have an empty pint of trooper and an empty bottle of hallowed laying around. I hope they didnt stop making the hallowed, i liked that

#4314 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have an empty pint of trooper and an empty bottle of hallowed laying around. I hope they didnt stop making the hallowed, i liked that

Sadly I am pretty sure they did, based on my research at the liquor store the other day when I was trying to get them to order it. Apparently they didn't make it for very long.

#4315 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Sadly I am pretty sure they did, based on my research at the liquor store the other day when I was trying to get them to order it. Apparently they didn't make it for very long.

Thats too bad. I wish i would have bought more

#4316 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The amount of times I've drained ball 3 only to have it then tell me cyborg is ready is sad. One more shot? Really? I've probably missed out on an collected cyborg MB as many times as I've actually gotten it. Maybe if the animations would keep up I'd have focused on the center ramp.

^^This^^
And add collecting a Soul Shard as well.

#4317 5 years ago

Prepping my premium for Yegpin expo. Such a great and fast game!

134DA5B0-4CB3-4761-9567-98B544FCB95A (resized).jpeg134DA5B0-4CB3-4761-9567-98B544FCB95A (resized).jpeg396B517D-DD12-4252-9217-C6D56DBF296E (resized).jpeg396B517D-DD12-4252-9217-C6D56DBF296E (resized).jpeg62AB7AE4-6F18-4447-85F6-A9ABACFB4658 (resized).jpeg62AB7AE4-6F18-4447-85F6-A9ABACFB4658 (resized).jpeg
#4318 5 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Prepping my premium for Yegpin expo. Such a great and fast game![quoted image]

Pretty sure you need a bigger topper there!

#4319 5 years ago

Just installed a Spitfire from Rods Mods and it really rocks!
By far the best of the model plane mods and well worth the extra $$ it's the only mod out where the propeller spins when the left ramp is hit.
Also has a cockpit light and wing lights.

I tried another plane mod that mounts on the right side but ended up taking it out and installed a cool Egyptian Archway there from Mezel Mods instead.

UpTheIrons (resized).jpgUpTheIrons (resized).jpg

#4320 5 years ago

Update on my warped playfield (sorry it's been a while but I don't read pinside anymore):

11 days ago, Chas told me that he would get me a price on an unpopulated playfield, since they were unwilling to offer me a solution to the warping. Haven't heard from him since, must be hard info to get!

My distro, Nitro pinball, is completely ignoring the issue and will not reply to my e-mails. Great support!

Haven't played a game of pinball in over a month because it makes me sick.

Sold Joker Poker and Twilight Zone, because if I'm not playing, what's the point in owning them?

Quitting my local leagues because pinball isn't fun anymore.

Wish I hadn't booked trips to NYCPC and Pinburgh, because now I don't even want to go but can't back out for fear of letting down my travel buddies.

Still thinking about selling my other 5 games.

The joys of buying NIB Stern! So much fun!

#4321 5 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

By far the best of the model plane mods and well worth the extra $$ it's the only mod out where the propeller spins when the left ramp is hit.
I tried another plane mod that mounts on the right side and ended up taking it out. For one thing the connectors weren't attached properly and ended up falling apart. After inspecting them I realized that the gauge of wire was too big for the plastic clips. It's fixable but Jeez. I ended up putting a cool Egyptian Archway there from Mezel Mods.
[quoted image]

Love the archway too, been thinking about picking that up next. Looks good in pics, how good does it look in person?

#4322 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It does that because the power jackpot gets reset on the drain. I always forget about collecting it, when I do it's usually by accident.

#4323 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

It does that because the power jackpot gets reset on the drain. I always forget about collecting it, when I do it's usually by accident.

I have seriously improved my average score by focusing more on stacking power jackpots with multipliers. I used to not pay much attention to them, but started to after I hit one worth over 100mil!

#4324 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Update on my warped playfield (sorry it's been a while but I don't read pinside anymore):
11 days ago, Chas told me that he would get me a price on an unpopulated playfield, since they were unwilling to offer me a solution to the warping. Haven't heard from him since, must be hard info to get!
My distro, Nitro pinball, is completely ignoring the issue and will not reply to my e-mails. Great support!
Sold Joker Poker and Twilight Zone, because if I'm not playing, what's the point in owning them?
Wish I hadn't booked trips to NYCPC and Pinburgh, because now I don't even want to go but can't back out for fear of letting down my travel buddies.

If it is genuinely warped, then it's a clear manufacturing defect.

Don't email your disty - call them and explain issue.

Under law they have to sort you out, as long as it is a day 1 manufacturing issue/fault.

#4325 5 years ago

I've said it before but I had issues with my Metallica and was largely ignored until I got someone from Stern on the phone. Emails get ignored easily.

#4326 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Dude, don't let this (major) annoyance completely ruin the fun of pinball for you! The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so keep squeaking (via the phone--as many times as it takes) until Stern comes thru for you. If you are persistent (and pleasant) with Chas sooner or later he will help you out just to get rid of you, if nothing else. How much fun you have on your pinball trips entirely depends on your mindset--so cheer up--things will turn around, and have fun with your friends--it beats being on a major downer...

#4327 5 years ago

I just got a premium. What should i add. Pinstadium? Shaker? Anything else, maybe some protection?

#4328 5 years ago

not pinstadium.

#4329 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

dood this is pinball. It's the cheapest ass hobby in the world. Unless you make yourself a royal pain in the arse nobody will do jack for you. You have to be relentless... on the phone, call you in an hour, call you soon, speak tomorrow, hey its me again...

#4330 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I just got a premium. What should i add. Pinstadium? Shaker? Anything else, maybe some protection?

Just got mine last week, have not added anything yet.
I have no issue with PF lighting so can't see adding pinstadium - probably shaker will be my first add

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

dood this is pinball. It's the cheapest ass hobby in the world. Unless you make yourself a royal pain in the arse nobody will do jack for you. You have to be relentless... on the phone, call you in an hour, call you soon, speak tomorrow, hey its me again...

Not entirely true.
I was the second owner on a TWD - original owner only had it for a few months - and stern sent me a replacement part at no cost. They didn't have to do that.
His warped PF looks really bad, but we also don't know the full story as to why stern won't send him a free replacement PF. There's got to be more to it.

#4331 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Yup that sounds like Stern, I have a playfield with a bunch of ghosting inserts, they wouldnt do a thing for me. Told me it was normal.

#4332 5 years ago

Have you spoken to Tommy over the phone?

#4333 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yup that sounds like Stern, I have a playfield with a bunch of ghosting inserts, they wouldnt do a thing for me. Told me it was normal.

I had some ghosted inserts on my MET. They are sending me a new populated playfield and sent me an autographed translite in the meantime. Just stay persistent. Good luck

#4334 5 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

I tried another plane mod that mounts on the right side and ended up taking it out. For one thing the connectors weren't attached properly and ended up falling apart. After inspecting them I realized that the gauge of wire was too big for the plastic clips. It's fixable but Jeez. I ended up putting a cool Egyptian Archway there from Mezel Mods.
[quoted image]

Agree. I have those type mods and really happy with them.

#4335 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I had some ghosted inserts on my MET. They are sending me a new populated playfield and sent me an autographed translite in the meantime. Just stay persistent. Good luck

That would be awesome customer service, contacted them again, and Stern still isnt willing to stand behind their product in my case.

#4336 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

That would be awesome customer service, contacted them again, and Stern still isnt willing to stand behind their product in my case.

Unfortunately it is the new normal and is written in terms and conditions.

Warped playfield isn't but what or who caused it? Maybe that is the issue.

#4337 5 years ago

OK, got the Aces High Topper. I do like it....the only thing holding it back right now is that its right next to AFMrLE's topper which is the industry leader...

20190412_100605 (resized).jpg20190412_100605 (resized).jpg

First impressions are ->

1. Build Quality is higher than I thought it was going to be. I expected it to be completely made of cheap plastic but the frame is actually metal and the parts are mostly hard plastic.

2. A negative...is that the wing guns are light/hot purple/pinkish? The clear lens on the light is more orangish anyway so not sure why its turning this hue. They should be straight red....

I do have some leftover photo gels and placing 2 reds in front of the light does improve it...I just have to figure out how to attach them.

20190412_100703 (resized).jpg20190412_100703 (resized).jpg

#4338 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Not entirely true.
I was the second owner on a TWD - original owner only had it for a few months - and stern sent me a replacement part at no cost. They didn't have to do that.
His warped PF looks really bad, but we also don't know the full story as to why stern won't send him a free replacement PF. There's got to be more to it.

Yeah I've had mixed experience, partly because I'm in the UK I think but:

Stern replaced my GB playfield and shipped a populated playfield to the UK for me.
Stern sent me a new motor for TWD
Stern wouldn't send me a light board for a brand new Star Trek Premium and the board was dead on arrival, I eventually got it by being relentless.
Local Distributor through my dealer sent me a whole mech for the orb ball on IMDN.

With GB I spoke with Gary Stern at the factory during the 2016 expo visit about my concerns and he said order the game and any issues they would take care of it. When it happened I emailed him directly and he took care of it.

I'd be inclined to email Gary and Pat Powers about the warped playfield which clearly seems terrible. If you paid by c/c I'd be calling the credit card company and do a chargeback. Have to say though Tommy is a great guy so maybe worth calling him. Email is too easy to ignore.

Cheers,
Neil.

#4339 5 years ago

The aces high topper is awesome!

#4340 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The aces high topper is awesome!

Yeah..in that video they are hot purple too...so at least its not just mine.

#4341 5 years ago

OK...so made some improvements.

First, I added double layer red photo gels to the gun lights. Its easy to take them apart and access the hollow area, and cut out small circles to jam in there.

20190412_205427 (resized).jpg20190412_205427 (resized).jpg

So now I went from this ->

20190412_100703 (resized).jpg20190412_100703 (resized).jpg

to this ->

20190412_211443 (resized).jpg20190412_211443 (resized).jpg

Still not perfectly red but...close enough.

I was also getting some light bleed on the bottom of the topper ->

20190412_211417 (resized).jpg20190412_211417 (resized).jpg

So I did a quick and dirty fix, where I just taped a strip of black construction paper to the bottom to make a "skirt".

20190412_213108 (resized).jpg20190412_213108 (resized).jpg

And had it flare out the front and two small pieces of tape to hold it down.

20190412_214120 (resized).jpg20190412_214120 (resized).jpg

Completely not noticeable from the front...you can only see it from a step stool. Now no more light bleed!

20190412_214344 (resized).jpg20190412_214344 (resized).jpg

#4342 5 years ago

Finally joined the Maiden crew

IMG_4095 (resized).JPGIMG_4095 (resized).JPGIMG_4127 (resized).JPGIMG_4127 (resized).JPG
#4343 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Finally joined the Maiden crew
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome! You're going to love it!

#4344 5 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

toddharper have you got a link to that plane mod please?

#4345 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

External sub is an awesome add for this game also!

#4346 5 years ago

Maiden owners, I am on the fence between a IMD Premium and a DP Premium. I am concerned with all the mechanical issues reported for the IMD. Question, has Stern addressed these issues at the factory so the NIB will have been fixed by now?

#4347 5 years ago

Ive got a Premium on the way Monday

#4348 5 years ago

My lower left flipper is not consistently firing when I press the left button - however the upper left flipper always fires. I called Stern and got the "clean out the switch" advice, which I did using a business card as instructed. This worked a bit, but after 10 or so games the lower left flipper is non-responsive again. Looking for some clues/advice from this awesome bunch, thanks ahead of time!

#4349 5 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

My lower left flipper is not consistently firing when I press the left button - however the upper left flipper always fires. I called Stern and got the "clean out the switch" advice, which I did using a business card as instructed. This worked a bit, but after 10 or so games the lower left flipper is non-responsive again. Looking for some clues/advice from this awesome bunch, thanks ahead of time!

Sounds like the leaves of the switch stack may be too far away and just need to be bent closer. Take a picture of the switch at the flipper button from the top, both at rest and with the flipper button pressed.

#4350 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Welcome! You're going to love it!

Thx, I am

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 15,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.