(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 317.
#4251 5 years ago

I have an odd problem with my Pro since this weekend's work on it. After installing a Laseriffic topper and putting in a clear shooter lane protector, I have 2 new behaviors that I suspect have a common cause (though I don't know what that cause could be!):

1) The ability to pick the song using the flipper buttons persists until well after the ball has been launched and points have been scored. Previously, once any switch had been contacted hitting the flipper button would not change the song selection.

2) The autolaunch is slow to launch balls whenever there is a multiball started. The ball will just sit there in the shooter lane for a couple of seconds now before being launched. Previously it was almost instantaneous whenever there was a need for a ball to be autoplunged.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this new behavior? The game works perfectly fine otherwise and Lord knows I'm getting a lot of games in on it.

#4252 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have an odd problem with my Pro since this weekend's work on it. After installing a Laseriffic topper and putting in a clear shooter lane protector, I have 2 new behaviors that I suspect have a common cause (though I don't know what that cause could be!):
1) The ability to pick the song using the flipper buttons persists until well after the ball has been launched and points have been scored. Previously, once any switch had been contacted hitting the flipper button would not change the song selection.
2) The autolaunch is slow to launch balls whenever there is a multiball started. The ball will just sit there in the shooter lane for a couple of seconds now before being launched. Previously it was almost instantaneous whenever there was a need for a ball to be autoplunged.
Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this new behavior? The game works perfectly fine otherwise and Lord knows I'm getting a lot of games in on it.

On the ball launch, sounds like the protector is causing the ball to sit too high and not activated the switch. Go into switch test mode and roll a ball in the shooter lane to see if the switch registers.

#4253 5 years ago

OK ... so I can't get enough of this game and was looking at the stern flyer for the premium

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/IMDN-PREM.pdf

Where do I find the CPU mounted line-out audio connector and the other features listed?

maiden (resized).pngmaiden (resized).png
#4254 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Ok, another question for anyone that's installed the BriteButtons Flipper lights from PBL. Got those too today, and I'm not sure which "ticket" header connection I'm suppose to use on the coin door interface board in the the top left corner, the one on the left or right? Hate to use the wrong one and bleep it up. Sorry for the duplicate pic
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

bumping my own post because i'm still unsure which connection to use. Anyone installed these on their's?

#4255 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

bumping my own post because i'm still unsure which connection to use. Anyone installed these on their's?

I have these on mine... but am nowhere near the machine until later today, and I surely don't remember which one I plugged into. I will check when I get home and update this note then.

#4256 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have these on mine... but am nowhere near the machine until later today, and I surely don't remember which one I plugged into. I will check when I get home and update this note then.

Much appreciated. Pretty sure i know, but want to make dam sure before turning it on. Thanks>>>

#4257 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Much appreciated. Pretty sure i know, but want to make dam sure before turning it on. Thanks>>>

it has to be the left one, CN11. The connector for your mod looks like it has a wire in position 1 and position 4. The low ticket header (CN2) has power on pin 5 so no good. Also, the low ticket header only has 5v and I'm guessing your mod is 12v. The ticket header on the left (CN11) has 12v on pin 1 and ground on pin 4, which is what you want.

#4258 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

OK ... so I can't get enough of this game and was looking at the stern flyer for the premium
Where do I find the CPU mounted line-out audio connector and the other features listed?[quoted image]

I'm not sure if it's the same for premiums but I was told the line out is hit or miss on Maiden (pro) and is consistent in newer games. I ask my distro to open one for me to look inside. No line out in the display model. My Maiden (pro) also has no line out. I bought a pinnovators sub kit. Easiest mod in the world.

#4259 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

it has to be the left one. The connector for your mod looks like it has a wire in position 1 and position 3. There is no pin in position three on the low ticket header on the left. They didn't provide instructions with the mod or have it on their website? Also, I am going to assume your mod is 12v, if that is the case, it is definitely the left header as the low ticket header only has 5v.

They sent instructions. Just had one picture, and it was hard to tell because the setup was a little different. Since the writing on the interface board is upside down, does that mean i'm connecting the connector "upside" down with the wires coming from above? Hate to sound so stupid, but i'm so new to Sterns and mods in general

#4260 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Yes, you'll have to adjust the switch by bending the actuator. I had to do that to mine when I installed the protector.
The issue of the auto launch balls not making it around the outer loop came back once I installed it, too. I'm thinking about removing the protector.

#4261 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

They sent instructions. Just had one picture, and it was hard to tell because the setup was a little different. Since the writing on the interface board is upside down, does that mean i'm connecting the connector "upside" down with the wires coming from above? Hate to sound so stupid, but i'm so new to Sterns and mods in general

The connector will only fit one way. In your pic, when you plug it in, the wires will be coming out of the connector on the top, if that makes sense.

#4262 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The connector will only fit one way. In your pic, when you plug it in, the wires will be coming out of the connector on the top, if that makes sense.

Yep, makes sense. I'm just being stupid. So it must go on the left as your looking at it. Thanks

#4263 5 years ago

Where do I find the CPU mounted line-out audio connector and the other features listed?[quoted image]

It's not an easy jack. You have to make or buy a cable. I covered it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

#4264 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm not sure if it's the same for premiums but I was told the line out is hit or miss on Maiden (pro) and is consistent in newer games. I ask my distro to open one for me to look inside. No line out in the display model. My Maiden (pro) also has no line out. I bought a pinnovators sub kit. Easiest mod in the world.

Yes, this is covered in the thread I made about making an audio out cable to hook to an external amp. For some reason there's a running revision on the boards and some of them don't have sub out. You can still DO a sub on those, but you'll have to use the line out for the speakers to an external $20-30 amp, and use that for your crossover and output to the sub.

#4265 5 years ago

Lighted flipper buttons done, Annubis done, and blades done. Looks much better. Thanks all for all the info

20190405_172651 (resized).jpg20190405_172651 (resized).jpg20190405_172630 (resized).jpg20190405_172630 (resized).jpg20190405_172546 (resized).jpg20190405_172546 (resized).jpg
#4266 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Has anyone figured out a way to deaden the knocking sound from the upper right flipper? I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but now it's 85 pages long! It's driving me crazy.

For a while I was running adhesive cabinet door bumpers on the coil stops to quiet them down, got them at Walmart.

#4267 5 years ago

I get a ton of air balls in this game - the center launch ramp doesn't help

#4268 5 years ago

Anybody added 2 minutes to midnight figure to replace cyborg flat plastic?

Just toying with the idea. Neca figure. 8 inches.

650h-14924_2minutesto-Midnight (resized).jpg650h-14924_2minutesto-Midnight (resized).jpg
#4269 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just toying with the idea. Neca figure. 8 inches. [quoted image]

I never used that one but used plenty of the others. I stuck with the more expensive figures that have sculpted clothing (and not cloth).

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-many-eddies#post-4819711 .

#4270 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I never used that one but used plenty of the others. I stuck with the more expensive figures that have sculpted clothing (and not cloth).
See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-many-eddies#post-4819711 .

Nice!

Haven't seen the beast figure for sale though?

#4271 5 years ago

Just toying with the idea. Neca figure. 8 inches. [quoted image]

I put Trooper back there. Wanted the color and it looks cool.

IMG_0141 (resized).jpgIMG_0141 (resized).jpgIMG_0144 (resized).jpgIMG_0144 (resized).jpg
#4272 5 years ago

Requesting some advice for a first time pin owner. Loving my Pro table and decided it was time to clean the play field for the first time. I used the Novus #1 (plastic clean & shine) to remove the grime followed by Novus #2 (fine scratch remover) to give it a bit of polish. Play field looks great so I close up the table and start up a new game. Much to my dismay, when I manually plunge the ball it now routinely hits the post on the right side of the regular skill shot target instead of going up the left loop. The auto-plunge is doing the same.

I've played a couple hundred games before cleaning and the manual plunge has always gone flying up the left loop. The auto-plunge was about 80% but I've yet to dial it in.

Any advice?

While the plunge is not a huge part of the game (multi-ball aside) this has lowered my enjoyment of the game. Trying to get the super skill shot was a fun challenge and now it's all but impossible. If I had to choose between a clean table and a functional game I'd live with a bit of grime

#4273 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I put Trooper back there. Wanted the color and it looks cool.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fits without any chopping off bits?!

#4274 5 years ago
Quoted from malklavious:

Requesting some advice for a first time pin owner. Loving my Pro table and decided it was time to clean the play field for the first time. I used the Novus #1 (plastic clean & shine) to remove the grime followed by Novus #2 (fine scratch remover) to give it a bit of polish. Play field looks great so I close up the table and start up a new game. Much to my dismay, when I manually plunge the ball it now routinely hits the post on the right side of the regular skill shot target instead of going up the left loop. The auto-plunge is doing the same.
I've played a couple hundred games before cleaning and the manual plunge has always gone flying up the left loop. The auto-plunge was about 80% but I've yet to dial it in.
Any advice?
While the plunge is not a huge part of the game (multi-ball aside) this has lowered my enjoyment of the game. Trying to get the super skill shot was a fun challenge and now it's all but impossible. If I had to choose between a clean table and a functional game I'd live with a bit of grime

When your playfield is clean and as a result faster, it changes the ball movement slightly. You may want to do a combination of adjusting the guide down a smidge (to fix the manual plunge) and putting the stronger coil on to fix the auto plunge. There are links to posts that discuss this in the thread index at the top of each page in the Iron Maiden issues thread.

First post about shimming the guide rail is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/30#post-4726439

#4275 5 years ago

Fits without any chopping off bits?!

Yup, just barely, but don't have to cut anything. The flag has to be lowered like I have it to fit, and I had to make it look like he's running with his right leg forward and the left leg bent back under the ramp. I used the bracket that holds Cyborg Eddie, drilled holes in his legs at thigh level, and screwed him onto the bracket. I'll try and take a few close up's of it so you can see.

#4276 5 years ago

Pictures of Trooper as promised. Hopefully you can see it good enough

Trooper Eddie 1 (resized).jpgTrooper Eddie 1 (resized).jpgTrooper Eddie 2 (resized).jpgTrooper Eddie 2 (resized).jpgTrooper Eddie 3 (resized).jpgTrooper Eddie 3 (resized).jpg
#4277 5 years ago

Had a play with some custom cards...happy to share but somone needs to help me find a printing program so I can customise the printing size!! Can't find anything that does 7.5" x 13.5"!

IronMaidenLegacy (resized).jpgIronMaidenLegacy (resized).jpg

Legacy_Of_The_Beast_Tour_T-Shirt_Eddie v2 (resized).jpgLegacy_Of_The_Beast_Tour_T-Shirt_Eddie v2 (resized).jpgLegacy_Of_The_Beast_Tour_T-Shirt_Eddie v3 (resized).jpgLegacy_Of_The_Beast_Tour_T-Shirt_Eddie v3 (resized).jpg
#4279 5 years ago

Those do look awesome.
The red lettering is not as easy to read as the tan is though.

#4280 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Those do look awesome.
The red lettering is not as easy to read as the tan is though.

Agreed. I tried to put a white border around it like you see in the Iron Maiden on free play but it washed out the colour. So I might need to have a look at it, see what I can do.

#4281 5 years ago

I don't see the point of a rules card in a huo environment. I just make cards with graphics and maybe a short message. One of mine is aces high graphic and says "Die with your balls gone." That's the only rule you really need to know.

#4282 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Agreed. I tried to put a white border around it like you see in the Iron Maiden on free play but it washed out the colour. So I might need to have a look at it, see what I can do.

If you ghost the background a little it will help with text legibility, but the colors should be changed to help with that, too.

#4283 5 years ago

Hey what does it mean in Maiden when the music changes and its kinda like its keeping time like the machine is waiting for something to happen? Sort of reminds me of the thinking music on Jeopardy.

#4284 5 years ago

Hey gang not sure what’s up with it.. but the stern official maiden toppers are both 100 off right now at Marco. I looked at em as I was ordering a part I needed and quickly threw it in the cart and checked out! Get em while ya can boys n girls!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Stern+spi+topper+

#4285 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hey gang not sure what’s up with it.. but the stern official maiden toppers are both 100 off right now at Marco. I looked at em as I was ordering a part I needed and quickly threw it in the cart and checked out! Get em while ya can boys n girls!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Stern+spi+topper+

Look like they are $300 which is normal price

#4286 5 years ago

Look like they are $300 which is normal price

Normal price is 399 not 299

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/iron-maiden-aces-high-topper

#4287 5 years ago

thanks, $400 seems nuts for what these are, right?

#4288 5 years ago

Yea, 299 should be the normal price I’d say... especially for the Egypt one. At least the aces high one is more interactive w/ gameplay.

#4289 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Had a play with some custom cards...happy to share but somone needs to help me find a printing program so I can customise the printing size!! Can't find anything that does 7.5" x 13.5"!
[quoted image]

Hey these look great, thanks for sharing! Just one thing: You have a typo on the last line: "Ligt" => "Light."

I'm confused why you need that printing size. The cards aren't that big. Are you trying to fit them on one sheet?

#4290 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

[quoted image]

You should remove the free play.

#4291 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Hey these look great, thanks for sharing! Just one thing: You have a typo on the last line: "Ligt" => "Light."
I'm confused why you need that printing size. The cards aren't that big. Are you trying to fit them on one sheet?

I'll fix the typo tonight and amend here, sorry guys! As for the printing, my printer software won't print at the right size of 75 x 135mm which is the size needed.

#4292 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

You should remove the free play.

I'll re post later without the Freeplay for those who want it.

#4293 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I'll fix the typo tonight and amend here, sorry guys! As for the printing, my printer software won't print at the right size of 75 x 135mm which is the size needed.

Your measured size and DPI both have to match the target you want or you get it too big or too small.

#4294 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

You have more than one typo. "Pryamid" is on there at least twice.

Here's a PDF that should print at the size you wanted (but it's VERY hard to read with that font size and non-ghosted background). Print it at "actual size".

IM-CARD-FIXED.pdfIM-CARD-FIXED.pdf
#4295 5 years ago

With spelling errors corrected...hopefully! lol

PinMonk thank you for redoing the card and sorry for the silly question but at what size do i print it out as. When I print at 10 x 15cm (or 4" x 6") it is still slightly bigger than the Stern official cards. Feel free to pm so we don't clog up this thread if you like. Cheers

eddi orange final (resized).jpgeddi orange final (resized).jpgeddie red final (resized).jpgeddie red final (resized).jpg

no fre play (resized).jpgno fre play (resized).jpg
#4296 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

vireland thank you for redoing the card and sorry for the silly question but at what size do i print it out as. When I print at 10 x 15cm (or 4" x 6") it is still slightly bigger than the Stern official cards. Feel free to pm so we don't clog up this thread if you like. Cheers
[quoted image]

It should be something like 142mm x 76mm, I think.

The aspect ratio of your instruction cards is roughly correct, but the last one (that used to have the "FREE PLAY" at the bottom) has the wrong aspect ratio.

#4297 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

"Pharaoh's" should read "Pharaohs'"

Pharaoh's = Pharaoh is
Pharaohs' = belonging to the Pharaoh

#4298 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

"Pharoh's" should read "Pharohs'"
Pharoh's = Phaaroh is
Pharohs' = belonging to the Pharoh

Actually pharaoh is the correct spelling.

Multiball also is typo'ed as "mulitball" a few times. Save that for the Joe Dirt pinball.

Your possessive lesson is not correct unless the word already ends in "s" that you're making possessive.

#4299 5 years ago

There may be different grammar instruction in American, but the English grammar is correct.

#4300 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

There may be different grammar instruction in American, but the English grammar is correct.

Americans speak........English

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 16.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/86?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.