(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 317.
#4151 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Yep, these are the ones I'm leaning towards. These or the album covers blades. Easy to install I assume?

If you use the wet method, they're very forgiving to install and you have time to get them lined up just right. DO NOT try to install them dry.

I like the official Stern art blades the best as they match the motif of the playfield the best. It all goes together seamlessly.

#4152 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you use the wet method, they're very forgiving to install and you have time to get them lined up just right. DO NOT try to install them dry.

Thanks, appreciate the tip

#4153 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I like the official Stern art blades the best as they match the motif of the playfield the best. It all goes together seamlessly.

Stern blades are much thicker than other ones I've purchased. They are very forgiving and can be done easily dry. I prefer to do dry when possible. I'd like to keep water away from my machines as much as possible. My Star Trek blades are MUCH thinner and I will likely go wet.

#4154 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stern blades are much thicker than other ones I've purchased. They are very forgiving and can be done easily dry. I prefer to do dry when possible. I'd like to keep water away from my machines as much as possible. My Star Trek blades are MUCH thinner and I will likely go wet.

It's such a small amount of water (and soap) and you wipe it away once you squeegee it out when they're set in place that it's not a big deal, and it makes a MUCH more forgiving install that you can do with the playfield raised up, then down to finish it off. About 3-5 minutes per side. I used to do dry only, but once I tried wet I never went back. WAY easier.

#4155 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's such a small amount of water (and soap) and you wipe it away once you squeegee it out when they're set in place that it's not a big deal, and it makes a MUCH more forgiving install that you can do with the playfield raised up, then down to finish it off. About 3-5 minutes per side. I used to do dry only, but once I tried wet I never went back. WAY easier.

I do mine with the playfield in places well. Same time frames. To each his own I guess

#4156 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I made a video showing how to install game blades the wet method for Williams, Stern, and Sega.

#4157 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I made a video showing how to install game blades the wet method for Williams, Stern, and Sega.

Thank you for making this video and all the other videos that you make also. They are a big help to people.

#4158 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

FINALLY joined the club, and it's been a long time coming. Best Stern I've played yet. Love this game. What are the must have mods and protectors etc for it? Side art blades vs side mirrors too is what I can't decide??
[quoted image][quoted image]

I finally have one on order also
After having done work and playing on a routed IMDN for a few months I decided to get my own, so looking forward to delivery now.
If anything, I will go with mirror blades on mine. Have it on my MET and I really like them.

#4159 5 years ago

Guessing this a dumb question but, it's my 1st new Stern, and I'm at work now placing a order from PBL and I'm unsure of the flipper rubber size for the upper flippers. 2" or ?

#4160 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Guessing this a dumb question but, it's my 1st new Stern, and I'm at work now placing a order from PBL and I'm unsure of the flipper rubber size for the upper flippers. 2" or ?

The upper right flipper is standard size. Stern part #545-5277-00 for rubber. The upper left flipper is a mini flipper. Stern part#545-5207-00 for the rubber.
Hope this helps.

#4161 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

The upper right flipper is standard size. Stern part #545-5277-00 for rubber. The upper left flipper is a mini flipper. Stern part#545-5207-00 for the rubber.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, only put about 4 plays on it so far in the 1st week, and just could not remember if the upper flippers were both mini or 1 of each. PBL only lists standard flipper rubber, and 1" mini, so I assume the upper left flipper is 1"

#4162 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thank you for making this video and all the other videos that you make also. They are a big help to people.

Thx Who Dey. Comments like that make me want to keep making and posting pinball videos. Much appreciated for the positive comments

#4163 5 years ago

Yeah, the 1" mini flipper rubber is what you want for the one on the left. I actually got all my "rubbers" from Titan.

#4164 5 years ago

Installed titans on my Maiden before game one.

Quoted from Supersquid:

Yeah, the 1" mini flipper rubber is what you want for the one on the left. I actually got all my "rubbers" from Titan.

#4165 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Remember though, Robert Gagno beat the beast and scored 3.5 billion WITHOUT a rubber on the upper mini flipper

#4166 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Remember though, Robert Gagno beat the beast and scored 3.5 billion WITHOUT a rubber on the upper mini flipper

Yeah, but 2 things:
1) I can't imagine that it can be good for the plastic on the flipper.
2) I am not as good as him and would probably screw something up

#4167 5 years ago

Witch coils to order to increase power on the flippers!? They seam a little weak on my opinion, the game have long shots..

#4168 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Witch coils to order to increase power on the flippers!? They seam a little weak on my opinion, the game have long shots..

Before replacing, you can adjust cool strength in the menu settings. Do that first.

#4169 5 years ago

You might be suffering from the weakening flipper strength issue. I seem to have that with my machine too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-flipper-weakness

I replaced coil stops, plungers, coil sleeves, adjusted eos, flipper switch, but they still seem to get weaker the more consecutive games I play.

#4170 5 years ago

Stern, via Chas, says that my playfield "meets our quality standards" and will not be replaced. No options were provided and no tips were given on how to level a warped playfield.

Wow... I am seriously at a loss here, everyone thought that they would give me a non-warped playfield... I am just haggard.

#4171 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Stern, via Chas, says that my playfield "meets our quality standards" and will not be replaced. No options were provided and no tips were given on how to level a warped playfield.
Wow... I am seriously at a loss here, everyone thought that they would give me a non-warped playfield... I am just haggard.

Well that just sucks. I personally would never buy another Stern if this happened to me. Hopefully you can work something out somehow

#4172 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Well that just sucks. I personally would never buy another Stern if this happened to me. Hopefully you can work something out somehow

They are dead to me. What a joke of a company.

Might even sell my entire collection, fuck this hobby.

#4173 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

They are dead to me. What a joke of a company.
Might even sell my entire collection, fuck this hobby.

Yeah that's really horseshit IMO. Makes me 2nd guess my IMDN purchase in a huge way. Hearing some of these Stern horror stories makes me think I'll never get another. Really feel sorry for you...

#4174 5 years ago

So does everyone's ball launch send the ball all the way around the loop?
Mine tends to hit the post below the mini flipper 85% of the time.

#4175 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I had to remove the metal plate and adjust the assembly down and towards the coin door. Took a couple times to get a consistent launch of the ball. Auto launch still works properly.

#4176 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Well that totally blows.
I suggest you get your disto involved-he should be able to help you out.

#4177 5 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Well that totally blows.
I suggest you get your disto involved-he should be able to help you out.

I would start a new thread and name names. Start with stern and the people you have spoken to and then name the distributor as well. Need to put pressure on everyone to get the result you think you deserve. Keep updating the thread regularly. Best of luck.

#4178 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I would start a new thread and name names. Start with stern and the people you have spoken to and then name the distributor as well. Need to put pressure on everyone to get the result you think you deserve. Keep updating the thread regularly. Best of luck.

100% this. And focus the warping as the problem, not the wood grain. The warp should be the warranty trigger.

#4179 5 years ago

Find an attorney in either your area or, preferably, in Cook County, IL to write a letter citing consumer protection statutes in the appropriate jurisdiction. I bet you get your PF at that point.

#4180 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I agree with this 1000%.

#4181 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

see the iron maiden issues thread...

#4182 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Yeah this is insane. I really hope they go back on this decision, you should have a new pf in the mail right now.
When is your build date?

#4183 5 years ago

Can you put something flat, like a ruler or level, in some way on the PF to see if there is any lift in the middle to show warping?

#4184 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Yeah this is insane. I really hope they go back on this decision, you should have a new pf in the mail right now.
When is your build date?

I would say a new populated playfield but there are two sides to every story. I wouldn’t try to drum up attention in other stern threads and would start a new thread.

#4185 5 years ago

LE speaker lights by Kimballspinballs.com sweet!

20190330_204955 (resized).jpg20190330_204955 (resized).jpg20190330_205000 (resized).jpg20190330_205000 (resized).jpg20190330_205018 (resized).jpg20190330_205018 (resized).jpg20190330_205021 (resized).jpg20190330_205021 (resized).jpg
#4186 5 years ago

I need this in my Maiden pin, Id like to replace "can I play with madness" as its trash. Needs some Di'anno.

#4187 5 years ago

Almost Finished...
Need 2 ou 3 more Spotlights, Red rubber posts, and some Yellow TrueColor Plastic Protectors.
One of the best Stern Machines ive played in the last years.

IMG-20190331-WA0014 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0014 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0006 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0006 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0013 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0013 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0003 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0003 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0005 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0005 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0015 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0015 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0011 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0011 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0012 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0012 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0019 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0019 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0010_1 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0010_1 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0016 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0016 (resized).jpg

IMG-20190331-WA0004 (resized).jpgIMG-20190331-WA0004 (resized).jpg
#4188 5 years ago

Finally got my grubby hands on a pro. Huge fan of the band, and love the game.

Keeping it pretty much stock, but would like to put the premium/Le orb target in place of the traditional standup. Is this possible? I haven't found any posts mentioning it

#4189 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Keeping it pretty much stock, but would like to put the premium/Le orb target in place of the traditional standup. Is this possible? I haven't found any posts mentioning it

Lets hope someone can make that... That traditional standup is very strange to hit... prefer the newton ball

#4190 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Lets hope someone can make that... That traditional standup is very strange to hit... prefer the newton ball

I would prefer this also. It would seem pretty straight forward, get the newton ball assembly from the premium...then drill the appropriate hole in your playfield to fit said assembly and hook the switch where the stand up target was.

It really seems it comes down to who is brave enough to drill a hole through their pro playfield.

#4191 5 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

I would prefer this also. It would seem pretty straight forward, get the newton ball assembly from the premium...then drill the appropriate hole in your playfield to fit said assembly and hook the switch where the stand up target was.
It really seems it comes down to who is brave enough to drill a hole through their pro playfield.

Yeap, but i think maybe someone can manage a way to put it, without drilling the playfield

#4192 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Almost Finished...

Not quite. Machine is pretty, but until you install PinMonk insert light mods, it will never be complete

#4193 5 years ago
20645A5E-62F9-49E1-9449-56630C76C7FC (resized).jpeg20645A5E-62F9-49E1-9449-56630C76C7FC (resized).jpeg
#4194 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Try to find a pinball target from a Tommy..
I think it will fit.

#4195 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Try to find a pinball target from a Tommy..
I think it will fit.

Those are like gold, and I do have an extra, but I'm worried it's so close to the flipper it will break in short order.

I'm more than willing to drill my pf to make the prem. version work. Just need a premium and or Le manual to see the part numbers to order

#4196 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Those are like gold, and I do have an extra, but I'm worried it's so close to the flipper it will break in short order.
I'm more than willing to drill my pf to make the prem. version work. Just need a premium and or Le manual to see the part numbers to order

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/IronMaiden_LE_Pre_web.pdf

page 50

#4197 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Not quite. Machine is pretty, but until you install vireland insert light mods, it will never be complete

Haha! I wasn't going to say it because my OCD seems to now flag white insert Maiden's as "wrong" but thanks for doing it for me!

#4198 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

LE speaker lights by Kimballspinballs.com sweet![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

got any install pics?

#4199 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Not quite. Machine is pretty, but until you install vireland insert light mods, it will never be complete

Eheheh kind of agree with you.. is a must have for sure.
Im trying to mod it, but not to much, quality Over quantity.

#4200 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

got any install pics?

Another light package popped up yesterday on Straight Down The Middle. Different supplier, but looks interesting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.50
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.