(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,800 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 316.
#4101 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

From the beginning, I've only dealt with Chas.
The first pics were "submitted to our quality guys" on Feb 5th and he said he would let me know when he heard back from them. Apparently that takes at least 44 days, because I still haven't heard back about that.
He then ignored me for almost a month until I had to re-initiate the conversation myself. Upon doing so, all that he did was ask for more pictures.
It really feels like I am getting the run around, which is why I came here to post about it. Seems like too often nothing happens until people post on pinside, sad but true.
People need to know about the risks when buying a Stern NIB. I knew the risks and like an idiot, I still made a terrible decision. Let this be a warning.

Have they responded to the warping yet? Agree that is the thing to focus on.

#4102 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That looks awesome as usual vireland. Makes me want to buy a premium!

Thanks! It's cool on the Pro, but the MOTION on the Premium/LE lock makes the 3D Anubis really pop. I can watch it over and over. The pre-order list is already long, and that's great! Should be shipping them in about two weeks. I've been printing for a while already on all my machines at once, but since it's a small extruder with small layer height for very nice detail, the daily yield is small.

I eventually want to get most or all of that back into 3D like it should have been for the Prem/LE from the start, but I'll tackle it piece by piece and see how it goes. Working on the next piece now.

#4103 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Have they responded to the warping yet? Agree that is the thing to focus on.

Just heard back from Chas and for the first time I am somewhat optimistic, as he said "hopefully we will have good news for you soon".

This is the first promising sign so far!

#4104 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Just heard back from Chas and for the first time I am somewhat optimistic, as he said "hopefully we will have good news for you soon".

My *guess* is they're busy with Munsters and will probably be putting Iron Maiden back on the line after that briefly and they'll have a populated playfield available to swap then, so that's why nothing has happened yet. The warping you have is pretty bad. I'm confident they'll swap it and it sounds like you're nearing the point of resolution.

#4105 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks! It's cool on the Pro, but the MOTION on the Premium/LE lock makes the 3D Anubis really pop. I can watch it over and over. The pre-order list is already long, and that's great! Should be shipping them in about two weeks. I've been printing for a while already on all my machines at once, but since it's a small extruder with small layer height for very nice detail, the daily yield is small.
I eventually want to get most or all of that back into 3D like it should have been for the Prem/LE from the start, but I'll tackle it piece by piece and see how it goes. Working on the next piece now.

Can you please put me down for one as well?

#4106 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Can you please put me down for one as well?

Done. Paypal invoices will go out late next week and shipping will start the week after.

#4107 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Thats good news.

Thinking back on it, my GB playfield took about a couple months from my first complaint before I finally recieved the new one.

Be persistant. I don't see how they could justify not sending you a new playfield with that kind of warp.

#4108 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Done. Paypal invoices will go out late next week and shipping will start the week after.

They are the same for all models, right? I don't think I specified game model in the interest thread.

#4109 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

They are the same for all models, right? I don't think I specified game model in the interest thread.

Yes, I'm including everything you need to install it on a Pro or a Premium/LE for simplicity's sake.

#4110 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Someone tell me I am not nuts .....
Went to an arcade to try out some new pins - mostly Munsters.
Maiden was not on my radar at all, but I but a few quarters in the Premium and kept coming back to it.
Is this one of the best new Sterns or not?
Not a huge fan of the music, but not a hater.
Art package and layout are awesome - really fun game.
Thinking of getting a premium -
Any non-Maiden fans have on in their collection?

I was not a maiden fan, I knew a few songs but now that I have the game I love it and the music has really grown on me.
Such a great game!

#4111 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oooh! What’s the next piece?!

#4112 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Oooh! What’s the next piece?!

Something on the backboard. When I have something less embarrassing, I'll show it. These always start out as rough ideas that don't always work in real life until they're refined. For now getting the Anubis out so everyone can get it in their machines is the main task...

#4114 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

People need to know about the risks when buying a Stern NIB. I knew the risks and like an idiot, I still made a terrible decision. Let this be a warning.

People also need to know the risk when they buy from ALL the other pinball manufacturers as well because they all have issues from time to time and considering how many more games that Stern builds than other manufacturers, i would say they have fewer issues than all of them.

This is not just a Stern thing and Stern has been excellent at taking care of their customers when they have problems such as this. Your situation is definitely not the norm for NIB Sterns. Guarantee you 100% that you will get a new playfield or cabinet, whichever it is thats determined to be defective.

#4115 5 years ago

A good distributor can be a big help in these situations as well...

#4116 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Thats good news.
Thinking back on it, my GB playfield took about a couple months from my first complaint before I finally recieved the new one.
Be persistant. I don't see how they could justify not sending you a new playfield with that kind of warp.

The warp that playfield has will adversely affect game play because it will never be level at the flippers (without drastic measure). I had the exact same kind of warp on my Metallica premium back in 2015 and Stern did replace the playfield. In my case I had already owned the game 8 months before I realized the issue. It took about 5 months before Stern agreed it was warped and the distributor (Starburst at the time) had to be involved as well. I sent a message to John Borg and he signed my playfield before it was shipped back.

Try to take pictures with a straight edge on the playfield showing the warp. The playfield not sitting flush in the receiver may not be enough - it wasn't in my case. Stern also rebuilt my new playfield from the old playfield parts because at the time they had not been running Metallica Premiums for quite a while.

Rob
10491148_10153380128429244_6139233853484504548_n (resized).jpg10491148_10153380128429244_6139233853484504548_n (resized).jpg20fafc04fa08135bbf11f4f3013a98d029243f48 (resized).jpg20fafc04fa08135bbf11f4f3013a98d029243f48 (resized).jpg9cb252c7b0eb6a4f510ee57258f39978fd2b6750 (resized).jpg9cb252c7b0eb6a4f510ee57258f39978fd2b6750 (resized).jpg

#4117 5 years ago

End result:

746a03454cd78e65423f10934c0d02b0447848f5 (resized).jpg746a03454cd78e65423f10934c0d02b0447848f5 (resized).jpgd279dcf8a450ef339c63fcf1a58d4b08e5323483 (resized).jpgd279dcf8a450ef339c63fcf1a58d4b08e5323483 (resized).jpg
#4118 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The warp that playfield has will adversely affect game play because it will never be level at the flippers (without drastic measure). I had the exact same kind of warp on my Metallica premium back in 2015 and Stern did replace the playfield. In my case I had already owned the game 8 months before I realized the issue. It took about 5 months before Stern agreed it was warped and the distributor (Starburst at the time) had to be involved as well. I sent a message to John Borg and he signed my playfield before it was shipped back.
Try to take pictures with a straight edge on the playfield showing the warp. The playfield not sitting flush in the receiver may not be enough - it wasn't in my case. Stern also rebuilt my new playfield from the old playfield parts because at the time they had not been running Metallica Premiums for quite a while.
Rob
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree. Hence why I couldn't imagine Stern not replacing it under warranty. You can see in the pic when its in the service position, the left playfield support doesnt even touch the lock bar. Not sure how that even gets by CQ.

#4119 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Anyone have mirror blades pics?

I just realized that none of us responded. Here are a few. I personally love mirror blades.

IMG_20190322_181004 (resized).jpgIMG_20190322_181004 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190322_181011 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190322_181011 (resized).jpgIMG_20190322_180955 (resized).jpgIMG_20190322_180955 (resized).jpg
#4120 5 years ago

Thought I had some better pics handy, but seems this is it currently. Mirrorblades are a great addition, IMO. They really make the game pop.

Note mine has a colored plastics protector set, which is also awesome imo.

imdn-mirrorblades1-1 (resized).jpgimdn-mirrorblades1-1 (resized).jpg
#4121 5 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the mirror blade pics, they look great.

#4122 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Seeing wood grain isn't necessarily planking but that degree of warping is unacceptable. Have you spoken with Chas in customer service? He's great.

I won’t talk to anyone but Chaz or Patrick(although almost usually Chaz). He’s always a big help when I have issues.

#4123 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Could you put me down for one as well?

#4124 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Could you put me down for one as well?

Gotcha covered.

#4125 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gotcha covered.

Thanks! I picked up a mode tree light mod earlier and will pick up the rest with this too. Looks so good it should’ve been standard from the factory.

#4126 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thanks! I picked up a mode tree light mod earlier and will pick up the rest with this too. Looks so good it should’ve been standard from the factory.

Yeah, I've said it too much, but when I see an Iron Maiden with that stock all white mode light tree, especially, it just looks...wrong. All the color brackets I've done improve Iron Maiden in a factory-look way that doesn't jump out as a "mod", but the mode tree one is the one I would say is mandatory. Fireball bracket next, then mummy gradient and eddie cards brackets. If I were to rank them in order of importance.

#4127 5 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a sound rom with the live versions of the songs from live after death and a real live one?

#4128 5 years ago

Put me down for an Anubis please Vic. Kimballs looked great.

Thanks
Jeff

#4129 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Put me down for an Anubis please Vic. Kimballs looked great.
Thanks
Jeff

That was kind of a last-minute thing to get it out there for people to see the real deal in person at TPF in advance of shipping them. Glad you noticed it was in there! Thanks to Kim for helping out.

#4130 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

From the beginning, I've only dealt with Chas.
The first pics were "submitted to our quality guys" on Feb 5th and he said he would let me know when he heard back from them. Apparently that takes at least 44 days, because I still haven't heard back about that.
He then ignored me for almost a month until I had to re-initiate the conversation myself. Upon doing so, all that he did was ask for more pictures.
It really feels like I am getting the run around, which is why I came here to post about it. Seems like too often nothing happens until people post on pinside, sad but true.

on my Ghostbusters I emailed Gary Stern and he put me onto Pat Power's who was super helpful...Patrick Powers <[email protected]>

#4131 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I've said it too much, but when I see an Iron Maiden with that stock all white mode light tree, especially, it just looks...wrong. All the color brackets I've done improve Iron Maiden in a factory-look way that doesn't jump out as a "mod", but the mode tree one is the one I would say is mandatory. Fireball bracket next, then mummy gradient and eddie cards brackets. If I were to rank them in order of importance.

seeing all the stock IMDN's at TPF I agree, without the lenses it just look crap.

#4132 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

seeing all the stock IMDN's at TPF I agree, without the lenses it just look crap.

Agree.
Just got our Pro home from TPF late Sunday night. First thing going on is the color inserts and headphone jack.
Then all the other cool stuff we got for it at the show.
Love this game.

#4133 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can I ask you or anyone else for a link where one could check these out? I am not a big modder. Thanks

#4134 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Can I ask you or anyone else for a link where one could check these out? I am not a big modder. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod/

#4135 5 years ago

Store link to the 5 Iron Maiden items is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/by-game/2685-iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast

The 6th item will be the 3D Anubis once I get the preorders out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp

#4137 5 years ago

They're SO much better.
Ordered for my DP after I installed these.

0935cd0d26759feab213b2ab2fd92d9bc4e83314.jpeg.jpg0935cd0d26759feab213b2ab2fd92d9bc4e83314.jpeg.jpg4627e0b5871017a52f867c11e0b5aa259a7745a7.jpeg.jpg4627e0b5871017a52f867c11e0b5aa259a7745a7.jpeg.jpg
#4138 5 years ago

My ball often gets stuck here after shooting the bullseye on premium and it bounces into this gap. Any protector something that exist?

20190324_191041 (resized).jpg20190324_191041 (resized).jpg
#4139 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

My ball often gets stuck here after shooting the bullseye on premium and it bounces into this gap. Any protector something that exist?[quoted image]

I haven't taken that trim plastic off, but if there are hex posts underneath it, you could just buy about 1/2" taller hex posts and raise that trim plastic enough that the ball either wouldn't get up there at all or would roll out if it did.

#4140 5 years ago

Any custom rules cards for Maiden?
I checked all the usual haunts and nothing.

#4141 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Any custom rules cards for Maiden?
I checked all the usual haunts and nothing.

Check out Mikonos here on Pinside

#4142 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Check out Mikonos here on Pinside

Will do.
Thanks

#4143 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Will do.
Thanks

image (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#4144 5 years ago

Luckily I found some great rule card art in the Iron Maiden mod thread.
While it looks like Mikonos is a great guy with a lot of talent all I could find was photos of his work from his computer screen.
Clicked on everything I could think of on his Zona web page but still could find nothing. Would have been happy to donate and download but could not find that either. After a half hour I just gave up and went with the ones from the mod thread that you can just right click and move on.

#4145 5 years ago

FINALLY joined the club, and it's been a long time coming. Best Stern I've played yet. Love this game. What are the must have mods and protectors etc for it? Side art blades vs side mirrors too is what I can't decide??

im1 (resized).jpgim1 (resized).jpgim2 (resized).jpgim2 (resized).jpg
#4146 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

What are the must have mods ...?

I'd say definitely the colored inserts that PinMonk sells.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/83#post-4904473

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod/page/6#post-4878886

Quoted from Bohdi:

Side art blades vs side mirrors too is what I can't decide??

I'm in the same boat. I like mirror blades, but I'm leaning towards the Stern art blades for this one.

#4147 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

FINALLY joined the club, and it's been a long time coming. Best Stern I've played yet. Love this game. What are the must have mods and protectors etc for it? Side art blades vs side mirrors too is what I can't decide??
[quoted image][quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread

#4148 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

[quoted image][quoted image]

The art blades from Stern are really nice for Iron Maiden. I would do those over mirror blades.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-iron-maiden-art-blades.html

Use the WET method to install them, though. Makes it so much easier...

#4149 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I'd say definitely the colored inserts that PinMonk sells.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/83#post-4904473
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod/page/6#post-4878886

I'm in the same boat. I like mirror blades, but I'm leaning towards the Stern art blades for this one.

Definitely going with the colored inserts, and I'm leaning towards the art blades. I've had mirror blades on pins before, but never the art blades. so may change it up. Plus I think they look sharp..

#4150 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The art blades from Stern are really nice for Iron Maiden. I would do those over mirror blades.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-iron-maiden-art-blades.html
Use the WET method to install them, though. Makes it so much easier...

Yep, these are the ones I'm leaning towards. These or the album covers blades. Easy to install I assume?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.